Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop surrenduring

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead TheSongs's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 734
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Angry Stop surrenduring

I decided to try Smite for 3 reasons. 1: It looked like a good game (and it is), 2: A friends recommendation, and 3: BECAUSE I WAS F---ING SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE SURRENDERING IN LOL. Wouldn't you know it? I'm now encountering the same issue here! FOR THE SAKE OF ALL THE GODS I DON'T BELIEVE IN(heh, irony unintentional), NEVER. SURRENDER. It completely destroys the game, in either direction. My team surrenders? Game ruined! Enemy team surrenders? Game ruined! You know when it says "enemy team agreed to surrender 4 to 1"? That one was me, and I can never believe my team actually did that. So you're losing, big whoop. Just because you're losing doesn't mean you should stop playing. All you accomplish by surrendering is being a complete and total buzzkill to the enemy team, and an intolerable troll to anybody on yours who's actually here to play. It's a game people, it's not about winning, so play until it ends, NO MATTER THE SITUATION. For example: If your entire team dc's except for you, the only appropriate response is to 1v5 it until it's over. That hasn't happened to me in Smite yet, but I've done it in LoL, and it happens to be strangely fun.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    ya i support taking away the surrender option.

but unfortunately, we are her eon this version of Earth's present reality, and its chock full of whiners cowards and wimps. we just gotta live with it.

what i do is just press F7 to vote no to surrender when it pops up, keep quiet, and just push on the game. its sad when a possible win goes into surrender but.... actually if ur team doesnt want to exert the effort to fight, it cud end up a poor game anyway.

New Member Cupidhead Karanveer41's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    I feel the exact same way as you. People are too quick to surrender in this game. I was playing Joust 3v3 the other day and one player on our team didn't connect to the game. Me and my teammate still played and actually held out till level 20 on both teams; but then the disconnected player returned and initiated a surrender vote saying his level was too low and he wouldn't be able to catch up. I told him we could win and we actually did end up winning (they had an obvious new player playing Ymir in their team).

I was lucky in that game that my other teammate listened to me and voted no. Doesn't usually happen that way. Its a feature that should be removed in my opinion. Even if you're playing a losing battle while you're level 10 and the enemies are level 20, you should still play; just think of it as Smite on Very Hard mode, opportune practice.

I hate it when people surrender in my team. The game is over when your head is on a spike! Until then, you fight like a spartan at Thermopylae.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Four. That's how many people need to agree to a surrender for the motion to pass. The time of four other people is more important than your own time and you need to realize that.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    especially in 3v3 joust when even if your losing pretty bad, if your phoenix is still up you still have a good chance to win.
    a deicide is all you need at higher levels to push all the way to their titan and win. i've done it so many times. and have had to
    avoid the 'i told you so' after they tried to surrender one or more times. even if it you know you're going to lose. at least make
    the enemy team earn their win by giving them one hell of a hard time :}

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead playertd's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlamydia1 View Post
    Four. That's how many people need to agree to a surrender for the motion to pass. The time of four other people is more important than your own time and you need to realize that.
    +1 Well said dood.

New Member Cupidhead Karanveer41's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSozei View Post
    especially in 3v3 joust when even if your losing pretty bad, if your phoenix is still up you still have a good chance to win.
    a deicide is all you need at higher levels to push all the way to their titan and win. i've done it so many times. and have had to
    avoid the 'i told you so' after they tried to surrender one or more times. even if it you know you're going to lose. at least make
    the enemy team earn their win by giving them one hell of a hard time :}
    Precisely! In jousting or any non-conquest mode for that matter

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead TrueForester's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I play casuals to have fun.

If I am not having fun I surrender.

I will never surrender in ranked though.

BUT I will surrender if I am not having fun in casuals. Get off your high horse.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead TheSongs's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 734
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    It's not about the importance of anybodies time, and chances are all 5 of us will use that time after the surrender for the same thing, which is the same thing we are already doing. The only difference is that we'll be doing so after being total buzzkills. Your point doesn't even connect to my point. The amount of time involved is irrelevant, the action simply should not be done.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead BlaineTog's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    This. So much this.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueForester View Post
    I play casuals to have fun.

If I am not having fun I surrender.

I will never surrender in ranked though.

BUT I will surrender if I am not having fun in casuals. Get off your high horse.
    Also this. Smite is a GAME. GAMES are something you play to have FUN. If you're not having FUN, then the GAME isn't serving its purpose and you should end it so you can move on to the next GAME in the hopes that maybe that one will be FUN.

Which isn't to say there aren't people who let themselves get discouraged far too early and try to surrender totally salvageable games. But if you're down 20k and two Pheonixes and the enemy Thanatos has more kills than your team has assists, just acknowledge the reality of the situation and throw in the towel already.
    Last edited by BlaineTog; 05-14-2014 at 10:35 PM.