Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyr balance discussion

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 518
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Agree on main problem with Tyr being his insane heal.

I wish his Assault Fearless didn't Meta Knight interupt literally every other dash in the game. Like why?
    This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 3/20/14

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistaaah View Post
    What Tyr needs is a moderate nerf to his Heal and a slight nerf to Fearless damage and then maybe a slight nerf to his ultimate damage.
    Nerf Fearless damage and he'll be fine. Maybe a nerf on his heal, though I don't think it's that necessary.

Nerfing his ulti would be ridiculous, it's maxed last and isn't even used early on in fights (mostly).

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 498
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I'm on-board for a slight nerf to either healing or fearless damage.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    id be happy if his charge would be blockable by CC-imunity
    like when fenrir in his ult bites a CC-imune target it cancels the ult.

right now the ONLY chance to survive a competent Tyr is the left Aegis (if it works, mine mostly dont activate) and combat blink with a lot of HP and Physical armor.

watching the numbers closer recently it averages out to over 1200 damage midgame for assault stance 1+2 alone.

ALSO

he should make a damn noise BEFORE he attacks you like ANY other god in the game.

you can hear ANY ability coming and dodge it, even if you cant see it.

you only know that tyr is about to kill you when you are already riding his sword.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    This post was so misinformed it's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkay View Post
    id be happy if his charge would be blockable by CC-imunity
    Beads does block Fearless and so does cc immune ults. If you are already in the knock-up it will not work until after the initial hits, if you pre-beads before he hits you he'll go straight through. Magis also works very well as a counter to Fearless although you will still take the initial hit of fearless.

right now the ONLY chance to survive a competent Tyr is the left Aegis (if it works, mine mostly dont activate) and combat blink with a lot of HP and Physical armor.
    Both are legitimately terrible choices to counter Tyr. Beads work twenty times better than both on a shorter cooldown.

watching the numbers closer recently it averages out to over 1200 damage midgame for assault stance 1+2 alone.
    If any Tyr is doing this by mid game they're building full damage and should be ridiculously easy to shit on. You're playing wrong.

he should make a damn noise BEFORE he attacks you like ANY other god in the game.
    He does.
    Last edited by EyeIgnite; 03-21-2014 at 04:49 AM.

Junior Member Cupidhead Twiggymc's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Achievements:
    Ive had this idea for gods with To many leaps, Fenrir being one why not make it so they cant use said leap/dash w/e unless they have an enemy god in the targeting area i mean really there easy enough to land that there basicly impossible to miss any way, this way they cant be used as escapes since they have to "target" something i dunno just something i thought could help tone down the "i have a ton of escapes" gods

Obviously leave some as escapes just change certaing ones so there meant to be initiators

Junior Member Cupidhead HalfAShadow's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I've started to main Tyr solo lane, and I do agree he's OP, tho I only feel that his healing is the only OP factor. Maybe tune down the healing.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 498
    Achievements:
    This is the reason why I shudder whenever I get into a game with a Tyr... I agree that he is ridiculously strong, great at initiation, damage, escaping, sustaining and with blink his effectiveness is increased even further.
    However I do not wish to ramble and spew useless bile over the situation since that's not constructive.
    Instead I'd like to agree with most people that a moderate nerf to his heal and possibly a slight one to his stance passive would most likely make him more balanced and probably more interesting to master.

Oh and another thing; I find Hades vs Tyr in solo is by far in Hades favor, because that silence is immensely effective against his charge/dash. I imagine solo Ymir would also be very effective, although I have yet to try it. In short, I find that there are some gods that can face Tyr in solo quite effectively, although they are not commonly used there.
    Bad manners never wins you the game. A good player knows this.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Achievements:
    I don't think they should change his ult or fearless damage, the only problem is the amount of health he receives from his heal. They already kind of nerfed him by allowing you to beads out of the 1 so I would be sad to see them nerf the damage.

Junior Member Cupidhead Africano's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Achievements:
    imo hes a top5 support too! just get blink and its amazing

sorta sarcasm

edit: to respond - imo he needs overall damage and healing nerf, his cc will still be amazing