Thread: Stopped playing for a while, need to catch up with hunter builds

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 674
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class

Stopped playing for a while, need to catch up with hunter builds

I stopped playing for around 3 months and i see that the builds greatly changed. Can someone help me explaining the major changes that happened? Especially with hunters' builds. I used to build:
    Ninja Tabi, Asi, Hastened Fatalis, Rage, DB and Executioner on almost every hunter, usually in this order. It worked good. But now i see that the builds evolved, many players use different items... can some help me "modernizing" my build?

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Quote Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post

for starters, Ichaival is an item you get to boost your midgame damage. You get it pretty much no matter what as soon as you finish your core build, then throw it away later.

Triple crit is hands down THE most powerful adc build. The only time you don't go triple crit is 1v1 joust.

Here are the only viable builds for an adc outside of 1v1 joust.

Devourer's Gauntlet >> Hastened Fatalis + Level 1 Boot >> Ichaival >> Executioner >> Rage >> Sell boot for Deathbringer >> Sell Ichaival for Malice

Devourer's Gauntlet >> Boot of Preference >> Ichaival >> Executioner >> Rage >> Deathbringer >> Sell Ichaival for Malice

Transcendence >> Hastened Fatalis + Level 1 Boot >> Asi >> Ichaival >> Executioner >> Rage >> Sell Boot for Deathbringer >> Sell Ichaival for Malice

Transcendence >> Boot of Preference >> Asi >> Ichaival >> Executioner >> Rage >> Deathbringer >> Sell Ichaival for Malice

Optional : Instead of Malice you can get frostbound if you're facing a bunch of tanks.

Golden Bow >> Fatalis + lvl 1 boot >> Bloodforge >> Ichaival >> Executioner >> Sell lvl 1 boot for Deathbringer >> Sell Ichaival for Rage >> Sell either Golden bow or Executioner for Malice

^^^
    You get deathbringer first because you have crit% already thanks to golden bow.
    You get Bloodforge because it's a better power curve mid game
    If you want to go quadra crit, it's only viable if you're not against any threatening tanks.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    warriors tabi, devs, hastened fatalis, the executioner, deathbringer, & rage.

Achievements:
    ^ That's almost what i was thinking, because i heard that right now warrior tabi is superior to ninja (idk why) and asi is too weak, so soul eater seems a good substitute. But i don't like transcendece very much and i love hastened fatalis, i want to keep it. My build will then be:
    Warrior Tabi, Soul Eater, Executioner, Rage, Hastened Fatalis, Deathbringer.

I mainly play Siege and i'd like a build with good medium game powe, so i can easily and quickly kill camps and the wild juggernaut.

from the chart posted by RainbowSplat, i should buy Warrior Tabi, Soul Eater, Hastened, Executione, Rage, DB
    Last edited by Ascan7; 11-14-2015 at 06:03 AM.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    With more mana hungry hunters (AMC, Medusa, Ullr), Transcendence is great choice. It also gives huge amount of power.
    Rip & Tear

Achievements:
    What i don't understand is the reason of this change. Why warrior tabi became better than ninja, for example? Why Asi and Hastened Fatalis aren't good anymore, if they are?

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascan7 View Post
    What i don't understand is the reason of this change. Why warrior tabi became better than ninja, for example? Why Asi and Hastened Fatalis aren't good anymore, if they are?
    Asi was nerfed if I remember correctly. And Fatalis is still good, if you ahead and can afford losing power in your build. Warrior is better because more power.
    Rip & Tear

Senior Member Honoured PrinceRaven's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Warrior Tabi isn't necessarily better than Ninja Tabi, the reason they're built in the boots -> Soul Eater build is for the early power spike and because Soul Eater has the attack speed Warrior Tabi lacks while Warrior Tabi has the power Soul Eater lacks, bringing you a bit more even with a Devourer's Gauntlet build in terms of physical power.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTGEl33t View Post
    Listen to PrinceRaven, he seems to know what he's talking about most of the time.