So I was in a game and pretty much right from the start our mid left the game. No big deal, he might come back, whatever. Ten minutes in, we're basically just left with the lane I was in together with an ADC, with the jungler and the solo lane having gone afk because they didn't feel like playing a 4v5.

Well... okay, sure, I suppose we'll just surrender and get a new game, right?

Ehm... no.

Apparently two people voting for a surrender, 1 person being disconnected and 2 people being afk counts as the team wanting to keep the match going. That's.... really not how a vote works. It took another 10 minutes of playing a rather pointless 2v5 before we finally managed to get a surrender through because one of the AFKers had come back.

• If you have been disconnected for more than 5 minutes, your vote should automatically be yes.
  • If you have been AFK for more than 5 minutes, your vote should automatically be yes.

It's ludicrous to treat people who are AFK as having voted no, simply because they didn't vote at all. I can understand not wanting to count abstaining from a vote as a yes to avoid accidental surrenders, but surely somebody who is AFK is not contributing anything to the match, and their vote counts for naught.