Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Vent thread, for those days where the games suck and the people suck harder

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Vent thread, for those days where the games suck and the people suck harder

Games where your team just isn't coordinating and get picked off and you end up getting steamrolled.
    Games where you have a couple players that are busier trying to flame you and kill morale rather than strategize and talk constructively.

Please don't talk about how this one player sucked so bad no matter how much you screamed at him, that's more toxic than venting
    Anyways, I'll start: TL;DR: Legendary Herc makes some bad calls and initiations, blames us for everything bad that happens after that and proceeds to flames us in CAPS

My latest game after a series of disappointing and/or horrendous losses was a 3v3 match. Our comp was (legendary) herc, Apollo, and Ra. I always like seeing legendary Herc's because they always bring their A game. Almost always.

This herc started off strong. He got ambushed at our side's speed so we swung around and healed him in time to save him at his last tick of health. You'd think he'd give a VVT, but nothing. Oh well.

Later in lane we're taking ground and manage to pick up a few kills, Herc going a spree nice and early. Unfortunately, he doesn't pay attention yet again and gets ganked around red buff, even though we called it out. First things he said were "Why didn't you come? Where were you?" We tried, but he got bursted from 50% HP by 2 people. No way we could get there in time.

It gets worse from here. We take the tower early, but in our next push Herc forces a dive on the phoenix, even though we're still low-leveled/built. (Un)Surprisingly, he dies, and the phoenix rests at 25%. Herc unleashes the CAPS and calls us all dumbasses and that we should be attacking the phoenix. I tell him we should be more careful and he CAPS some more about how I shouldn't be a fucking idiot and to hit the birdy. I hit it every time while he took on their Freya.

Herc proceeds to solo jungle buffs and we become extremely disorganized. Not surprisingly, we start getting picked off and our morale shatters. I start playing like shit and Apollo is getting grouped up on time and again. Our strong lead evaporates and we lose both the tower and phoenix.

Herc isn't relenting. He's freaking on Apollo and (to a lesser extent) me. I've never seen someone so hell-bent on trying to lose a game that he's also trying to win. Apollo's getting 1v3'd, I'm getting picked off and Herc's trying to take on everyone at once (classic Herc trap). We got absolutely thrashed by the end of that match. No matter how much reasoning I tried with Herc, nothing short of the mute button could help that match.

This is one of many games I had.

Apollo, if you read this, you did fine.
    Herc, if you read this, chill the fuck out. If you can't control your temper, don't play with other people.
    Last edited by tacoroco; 05-13-2014 at 10:52 PM.
    Yes, BM'ing your own team is how you win. No really, how brilliant of you.

Dont mess with Tusker

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    sadly, im in the class of players who just muddles along and tries to help without being outstanding (ie: im very bad 1v1). so u probably wouldnt like me on your team.

but.. idont think you should be worried. it's just that there are so many different types of players in smite, that you shouldn't be upset if somehow your teamwork doesn't really work out. the probability is against it working out easily (unless the teammates are known to u already).

so usually, i try to be more responsive and have really low expectations. usually i warn everybody i am very average. then i just try to go where im needed without making a fuss.

players do criticise me but i just push on and wait for next game if the present game isnt fantastic.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkpony View Post
    sadly, im in the class of players who just muddles along and tries to help without being outstanding (ie: im very bad 1v1). so u probably wouldnt like me on your team.

but.. idont think you should be worried. it's just that there are so many different types of players in smite, that you shouldn't be upset if somehow your teamwork doesn't really work out. the probability is against it working out easily (unless the teammates are known to u already).

so usually, i try to be more responsive and have really low expectations. usually i warn everybody i am very average. then i just try to go where im needed without making a fuss.

players do criticise me but i just push on and wait for next game if the present game isnt fantastic.
    Some days are good, some days are bad. Some days I'll be hitting 10+/0 KD's with AMC in arena every game, some days I'll be missing every Ra ult and having the Bacchus steal blue buff because he doesn't know how to play him.

Then again after I made this post I went 15-0 as Isis so I think it helps.

Dont mess with Tusker

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead JustAGeek's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 149
    I've always been a big poseidon fan and have gotten pretty good with him I feel. I got a friend from work to start playing Smite and he's a few days into it now and loving it. That being said I was in a match with him earlier and I felt like trying out Ares for the first time, seeing as how we had Ao Kuang and Poseidon on our team. I mentioned that I'll ult, bring them in, and they should ult to kill them quickly (btw, this is in Arena). The enemy team had Hades, Odin, and Zeus, so when they stacked their ults on us it felt pretty intense; sadly I seemed to be the only one with combat blink so I could get out of Odins ult and away from Hades ult and Zeus thunderstorm of death but no one else seemed to.

I kept using Ares' ultimate and pulling guys in, setting them up for great damage potential but not a single time out of several instances did a AOE ult hit them, hell I can't recall even a normal AoE spell hitting... and I'm just thinking, wth? Every time I play Poseidon and we've got an Ares I'm trying to save the Kraken to wipe them, and usually most people seem to do the same, but the one time I picked Ares to help it happen I never got support and just ended up with a bunch of pissed off enemies next to me lol.

Found it quite fustrating...

Been playing with randoms a lot lately and it feels like the match making is terrible and keeps putting organized teams against randomized teams. Our team composition is usually god awful, while theirs makes perfect sense. I try to pick my gods based on what will compliment the gods others have picked, but sometimes it doesn't seem good enough. Especially when these guys are using voice chat. Like one match earlier, I was poseidon and they had Arachne, Ymir and Ao Kuang in Joust. Arachne would pull one of us from a distance straight to her, can't move, get frozen by Ymir, Ao Kuang ultimate, game over. While our team composition had basically no chemistry.

Kind of makes me want to avoid Smite all together unless I have a full team of friends on. Wouldn't mind it as much if the match making would put randoms with randoms, but when you look at history and see clan tags or names that are too similar that annoys me a bit. On the bright side it's a good chance to see what god combinations are great.
    Last edited by JustAGeek; 05-14-2014 at 12:28 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead RapunzeI's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Achievements:
    thanks for making this thread, i needed it.

i'm too lazy to write a descriptive post about what happened but i had a Vulcan in assault who couldn't grasp the concepts of 1) not going into solo phoenixes while enemy team is ulting his team's support to death and 2) his team's support has cooldowns and 3) telling his support that they shouldn't have cooldowns does not make it true/happen

to the Vulcan who was in my assault match,

you suck and you're delusional. i don't understand why you started insulting me with walls of text in the middle of a match because you refused to take personal responsibility for the consequences of your actions. your lack of situational awareness resulted in your deaths. it doesn't matter how much you blame me because i have nothing to do with the poor decisions you made. even the rest of our team told you to shut up and stop distracting me because it was obvious to everyone else that i, not you, had the biggest influence over the outcome of the match. btw, i looked up your profile after the match and you have a 30% win rate with a small match sample so i am not sure what you're talking about when you said you're pro.

Senior Member Honoured Sasquatchias's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Recently been having terrible games, and surprisingly enough it wasn't my own fault.

Now I'm not quick to blame others, but recently the teams I've been getting leave a little something to be desired. They never call out MIAs, never ward, never help me when said MIAs gank me, and all start dicking around chasing one guy all the way back to his base as I try to defend my lane from the rest of the enemy team.

What really irks me though is when they then have the gall to go and blame me, or yell at me if I make the slightest mistake. Me, the guy who was the only one to actually get a Tower or two, the guy who didn't almost immediately lose all my Towers, the guy smart enough to know not to dive headfirst into the enemy team (unless you're Chaac).

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RapunzeI View Post
    thanks for making this thread, i needed it.

i'm too lazy to write a descriptive post about what happened but i had a Vulcan in assault who couldn't grasp the concepts of 1) not going into solo phoenixes while enemy team is ulting his team's support to death and 2) his team's support has cooldowns and 3) telling his support that they shouldn't have cooldowns does not make it true/happen

to the Vulcan who was in my assault match,

you suck and you're delusional. i don't understand why you started insulting me with walls of text in the middle of a match because you refused to take personal responsibility for the consequences of your actions. your lack of situational awareness resulted in your deaths. it doesn't matter how much you blame me because i have nothing to do with the poor decisions you made. even the rest of our team told you to shut up and stop distracting me because it was obvious to everyone else that i, not you, had the biggest influence over the outcome of the match. btw, i looked up your profile after the match and you have a 30% win rate with a small match sample so i am not sure what you're talking about when you said you're pro.
    I had an AMC in arena a couple matches ago. Right off the bat this guy insta-locks. the rest of our team decides to go squishy (Cupid, Aphro, Loki), and so I switch my He Bo pick to Athena so we have some kind of chance, while AMC simultaneously told one of us to go tank. Fuck insta-lockers. fuck them twice if they think they get to dictate what other people should be.

The match goes poorly as expected because I can't save 4 people at once who are getting picked left and right. AMC starts berating me and Aphrodite - Me for not saving each of their asses every single time (I can't count the number of multi-taunts I pulled that game to save someone), and Aphrodite for dying too much.

People like this piss me off. He made a selfish decision, expected us to to fill in, then BM'd us for playing 'poorly'. he could have easily gone warrior and salvaged that game, had not made a douchebag move.

To the AMC:
    learn how to play a team-based game. People like you set the tone for a shitty match like the one we had. Your BM did nothing but make the loss that much harder, especially since you were such a big reason for it.

Dont mess with Tusker

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead RapunzeI's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoroco View Post
    I had an AMC in arena a couple matches ago. Right off the bat this guy insta-locks. the rest of our team decides to go squishy (Cupid, Aphro, Loki), and so I switch my He Bo pick to Athena so we have some kind of chance, while AMC simultaneously told one of us to go tank. Fuck insta-lockers. fuck them twice if they think they get to dictate what other people should be.

The match goes poorly as expected because I can't save 4 people at once who are getting picked left and right. AMC starts berating me and Aphrodite - Me for not saving each of their asses every single time (I can't count the number of multi-taunts I pulled that game to save someone), and Aphrodite for dying too much.

People like this piss me off. He made a selfish decision, expected us to to fill in, then BM'd us for playing 'poorly'. he could have easily gone warrior and salvaged that game, had not made a douchebag move.

To the AMC:
    learn how to play a team-based game. People like you set the tone for a shitty match like the one we had. Your BM did nothing but make the loss that much harder, especially since you were such a big reason for it.
    oh god, you beat me to my next rant: the instalockers who think they have the power to dictate what everyone else should play and second to the instalockers, we have the worst-player-on-the-team emitting the most BM. they are not necessarily mutually exclusive either.

curiously enough, in all of my matches, the person who assigned roles to everyone else has always been the instalocker. i have never had anyone else demand that others choose roles benefiting their choice.

and then in all of my matches, it has always been the worst player spouting the BM. i've had 0/15 people call the 15/1 people feeders ............ and they were not trolling. i don't understand these people at all. like, do they seriously believe what they're saying?

but my god, the number of people with delusional thoughts or grandiose senses of self-entitlement in this game is ridiculous.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Today I trolled my adc because he was blaming me for everything I was 0 and 1 he was 0 and 10 as neith so I got tired of him cussing me out so every time we initiated I would bird away and let him die told him if he focused more on game instead of typing he might be better at the game even 30 mins after the game he was still pming me and talking shit about my w/l ratio when his was 36% mine may not be to high either but I carry or do good in most of my games

Junior Member Cupidhead DeathSylph's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Mines a little different but I'm gonna throw it in anyway! PS, I love this thread, best idea.

Everyone on this forum + Everyone in the game once you start playing more competitive matches at level 30 really hates Loki. And I don't mean 'hates' like, 'oh shit there's a God rank X Loki, that's gonna be annoying.' I mean 'hates' like is not stop complaining about how stupid Loki is and that everyone that plays him is a noob who doesn't know what they're doing/can't play other gods. The amount of times I've heard that Loki requires no skill and is useless in every situation except for pissing off your own team is just one too many.

(Queue rage mode)

Coming from a God Rank X Loki who's been playing for quite some time, I can ASSURE YOU. There is alot that seperates a shit Loki from a good one. Do not underestimate what a good Loki can do for your team. I have a feeling that people just hate him because he's insanely good in all situations and will take half of the team's kills in most matches. So please, shut your mouths and play the game, stop whinging and get it through your thick head that every God has a purpose (Except Bacchus cause you know he's just Robert Baratheon with a club) and Loki falls under the category of 'every God'.