6 12.77%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Favorite Guardian

Member Worshipper OlympianArchers's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 31 days registered Repped! Third Class
    No love for Bacchus

what, he used to be THE number 1 tank. Was he nurfed to hell or something?

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 526
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    I would have voted Bacchus... he was the first tank I liked thanks to his utility, tankiness, and initiation, but he's very simple to interrupt these days. I still enjoy him but I voted for Athena as she's almost always a safer play choice and she has a well rounded kit.

My thoughts on the others...

Kumba: I can't decide what I think of this guy. His interruption is godly and I love the minion shove... heck, his ult is generous. Nothing too bad about him, really. Just not a fan of his initiation and somehow, I find most of the other guardians tankier. I can't explain it.

Hades: Magical bruiser at absolute best. His kit improvement did help what otherwise an awkward god but I find using his ult is a death sentence for him. I've never been truly sold on this guy, but I like him as an off-tank. He needs people to take the pressure off of him, which feels very opposite for what a guardian should be, imo.

Geb: A babysitter god with very little in the way of skillshots or damage. Oh, he's irritating enough to go against, especially with physicals, but I like my Guardians to be a bit more than stubborn speed bumps that slow a match down. Honestly, my biggest problem is his rolling 1 has the turning radius of a dumptruck. It's extremely simple to evade him with that so I'm mostly stuck using it to maneuver into place to pop with my 2 or an ult.

Ymir: He's not bad. He's also one of the most versatile gods in terms of a build and play.

Ares: Excellent voicepack, initiation, and teamfight. Ares is a bad ass.

Sobek: Unlike some people, I have no problems landing his charge but I swear he's fallen off somehow. Maybe too much of a single target focus with a dubious passive? When I first started playing over a year ago, Sobek was a threat. Now, not as much. Just feels mid-range these days.
    Prepare to get Assaulted!
    (Been around since the original forum, still as low key as ever!)
    IGN: Chernobog3

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead RapunzeI's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    i can't choose only one but.....

athena and geb are my number one favorites.
    bacchus and ymir are my second go-to guardians.

Senior Member Honoured Aximundi's Avatar
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by OlympianArchers View Post
    No love for Bacchus

what, he used to be THE number 1 tank. Was he nurfed to hell or something?
    his jump got Nerfed forever ago.Thats about it really.
    The problem with guardians is until they co do roles other than support/tank in high level matches you will only ever in 1 game need 2 at most.With that in mind the 2 best are the 2 best and the rest are just not on the same level.
    Color my life with the chaos of trouble

Junior Member Cupidhead KazeyJay's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Geb, hands down. He's just so cool and has an amazing kit. Gotta show love for my bro Ares, though I think his kit needs to be reworked a bit (No Escape should mean no escape, beads should not stop him from using it, imo). And of course, gotta love Hades because he can be either a tank or an all out death machine. Guardians I dislike are Ymir, I don't have a proper reason, I just don't like him at all. And then there's Kumbha, he's just so annoying and when facing him he can almost always secure kills with his ult and there's nothing you can do to prevent it. I see there's no love for Bacchus and I don't understand why. He's a great support, with a nice kit, plus he's drunk 24/7! Gotta give him props for being able to fight while drunk as a duck.
    Clan Leader for DragonBallaZ, a friendly casual clan for people of all types. We accept anyone willing to play as a team, win or lose.

Favorite Gods:
    Sun Wukong
    Xbalanque
    He Bo
    Freya
    Hun Batz
    Scylla
    Mercury
    Chaac
    Hel
    Geb

If you'd like to play with myself and some great, friendly players, hit me up in game and we'll play some matches. Our clan is always open to everyone and anyone. I promise we won't bite, unless you like getting bit.

Member Follower GeneralDeath198's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Athena. No question about it.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Chaos17's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Ares : loves him so badass but so sad that his ult can be countered easely with beads.

Hades : he is bit slow to my taste, but can really be a pain when well played but his ult can be countenred more easely than Ares'ult.

Athena : she can be annoying but not dangerous.

Baachus : his skills needs to do some damages not just the one when he jumps of people...

Kumba : couldn't come to like him, he is less annoying than Baachus.

Geb : fun at first but after using his shield and his AoE, you just sit there and watch people. Rolling over people is fun but too dangerous in high level.

Sobek : in a hand of a good player, that tank can became a really badass and killer.

Ymir : I think he is the one I like the most because of his CC which make decent damage for a tank and any newbie can use him in any mode. Also, you can't counter any of his skill with a bead.