PDA

View Full Version : Why do people even bother trying to pretend they're not assholes?

YogSoggoth
10-26-2015, 12:35 PM
I don't understand. If they're not openly being jerks, then they get on their high horse and pretend like they're actually any better than anyone else. People are assholes, period. Everyone knows it so why bother trying to pretend otherwise? You only end up looking worse for it when you try to tell someone off for being salty, while probably thinking "lol this retard n00b just needs to kill himself" or something. It's a fucking moba. I know better than to think anybody's actually a decent person here.

ArsenalIV
10-26-2015, 12:43 PM
I'm telling mom, you said a curse word.

YogSoggoth
10-26-2015, 12:48 PM
I'm telling mom, you said a curse word.

Point in case. You probably act all high and mighty in games, and here you are making fun of me. Mock me more, thanks.

xVIPx Superb
10-26-2015, 12:51 PM
I'm doing this to save a mod the trouble.

This thread is just a rant, no discussion offered.

Vent thread:
http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?94825-The-Collective-Vent-Thread-(October-Edition)

YogSoggoth
10-26-2015, 12:52 PM
I'm doing this to save a mod the trouble.

This thread is just a rant, no discussion offered.

Vent thread:
http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?94825-The-Collective-Vent-Thread-(October-Edition)

No it's a legitimate question. Why do people bother pretending to be nice?

ArsenalIV
10-26-2015, 12:55 PM
Point in case. You probably act all high and mighty in games, and here you are making fun of me. Mock me more, thanks.

I was joking. I see you are having a bad day. Please go vent in the Vent Thread. Also, lighten up a little, its just a game. Focus on the game and not the people out to ruin your day.

Ravensaurus
10-26-2015, 12:56 PM

http://www.odetocode.com/aimages/mock.gif

xVIPx Superb
10-26-2015, 12:56 PM

Because humans suck.

People are gonna be annoying... It's the Internet, the place where the mentality is you're right and no one else is.

YogSoggoth
10-26-2015, 12:59 PM

Thanks, you're great. What do you get out of making others miserable? I'll never understand that.

Because humans suck.

People are gonna be annoying... It's the Internet, the place where the mentality is you're right and no one else is.

Exactly. So why pretend that's not how it is?

ArsenalIV
10-26-2015, 01:00 PM

10/10. Would buy one.

Goobis
10-26-2015, 01:02 PM
I'm a smartass and I'm also a canine who makes fancy posts as well as keep mind to the meta and top stats? So does that mean I'm an asshole too?

Daelinn
10-26-2015, 01:05 PM

It's extremely far-fetched theory in my opinion, but when thinking about it, maybe people in general are better than worse yet they pretend otherwise because of Internet anonymity abuse?

ArsenalIV
10-26-2015, 01:05 PM
I can't tell if this is a troll thread or not.

IrishPotato
10-26-2015, 01:17 PM
Troll thread or not it doesn't belong in GD

BhastetKurza
10-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Not everyone is an asshole like you think they are.

YogSoggoth
10-26-2015, 02:20 PM
Not everyone is an asshole like you think they are.

Yes they are. People are selfish pricks. All of them. Myself included. Nobody actually cares about anyone else.

IrishPotato
10-26-2015, 02:21 PM
Yes they are. People are selfish pricks. All of them. Myself included. Nobody actually cares about anyone else.

I'm going to ask you and everyone else nicely to relax with the attitudes.

BhastetKurza
10-26-2015, 02:38 PM

As someone who was born with an unselfish heart and due to that heart SUFFERING greatly through out my life.

I'm going to tell you that you are wrong.

You clearly know nothing of humanity if you think every single human is a selfish prick.

My life has been hell and I've been abused in more ways than one because of the fact that I could not muster up the will to be selfish.

You are wrong.

You do not know every last human being on the planet so you cannot make such a heinous call.

RippleApple
10-26-2015, 02:57 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/928/314/b06.png

Glances
10-26-2015, 03:22 PM
I didn't know Holden Caulfield played Smite ;)

Ravensaurus
10-26-2015, 03:43 PM
Thanks, you're great. What do you get out of making others miserable? I'll never understand that.

Tears. And tears are... Delicious. :cool: :rolleyes:

http://img13.deviantart.net/64d9/i/2013/026/e/7/your_tears_are_delicious_by_bizrat-d5svk51.png

In all seriousness, I've been just playing with you a bit with the images. I have a somewhat cruel sense of humor, so take it with that. Also, lighten up, will ya? Don't take everything seriously.
Oh, and:

Thanks, you're great.

Tell me something I don't know. :cool:

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/e0/e0a63ad113b123e4c32a1b9b814660d7a58eab15713ba8cff5 e97dfae2ff4735.jpg

But in all seriousness, not everyone is a complete asshole. Everyone partially is/can be one, I can be one as well, but I'm never afraid to apologise if I am one. So if you have taken my previous post too serious, I apologise for being an asshole.

But overall, there are a lot of people who are nice, usually I am a helpful and nice guy as well... Well, if I am not fooling around, because as I said, I have a cruel sense of humor, so yeah...

LunSei
10-26-2015, 03:48 PM

Are you saying in real life, or in the videogame?

Don't worry, I am pretty sure it's a feeling that has happened to pretty much everyone at some point in their lives. You'll get better!
Also, consider one important thing: YOU are people too.

Ravensaurus
10-26-2015, 05:41 PM
Are you saying in real life, or in the videogame?

Don't worry, I am pretty sure it's a feeling that has happened to pretty much everyone at some point in their lives. You'll get better!
Also, consider one important thing: YOU are people too.

I may look like a grammar Nazi, but... :rolleyes:
He/She can only be a Person and not People (unless he/she has serious schizophrenia) because he/she is a singular being and not multiple entities.
Okay, I'll shut up now.

Boatmurdered
10-27-2015, 01:43 PM
I think in every person there's the potential to be a tremendous tool, or to be a generally decent human being. Some days you can rise above w/e is bothering you, and treat others well, and other days you say things you might be later ashamed of.

It's called being human. I won't claim to be perfect, but I mean I'm not going around stomping on flower beds, and stealing candy from babies for fun. And you can't really say every human ever has been nothing a prick, I mean look at Mr.Rogers. That dude was a mega saint.

xVIPx Superb
10-27-2015, 01:49 PM
Nobody is perfect.

-Hanna Montana

Outso187
10-30-2015, 07:42 AM
Nobody is perfect.

-Hanna Montana

*Hannah

This is why people don't like me.

Shaman
10-30-2015, 09:57 AM
I guess I don't care about my mother, or father. I guess my heart wasn't ripped out when my gram gram, grampa, and dearest cousin died. I guess I didn't almost slip into depression when my brother got charged with a 25 year sentence in one city, and then because we was from another city; the city he was from gave him another 25 fucking years ontop of that. I guess I wasn't really going ballestic when no one told me my gram gram had a heart attack before she died or my mother had a stroke.

Since no one actually cares about anyone else.

Outso187
10-30-2015, 11:50 AM
I guess I don't care about my mother, or father. I guess my heart wasn't ripped out when my gram gram, grampa, and dearest cousin died. I guess I didn't almost slip into depression when my brother got charged with a 25 year sentence in one city, and then because we was from another city; the city he was from gave him another 25 fucking years ontop of that. I guess I wasn't really going ballestic when no one told me my gram gram had a heart attack before she died or my mother had a stroke.

Since no one actually cares about anyone else.

"Rarely anyone cares about someone outisde their family". Does that sound more correct?

Shaman
10-30-2015, 12:09 PM
"Rarely anyone cares about someone outisde their family". Does that sound more correct?
I have a friend who has freely given me $200 worth of pastel, papers, and a wacom because he knows I can't always buy supplies. Friends who out of the goodness of their heart bout me lunch and asked nothing in returns. Professors who taken me out to eat, hell TWICE a professor helped me stay in school because I wouldn't have money to play for that semester (this semester being the second) on time. Hell, that same professor is even the reason I was able to get into a show at the mammal gallery last September. None of this is his job, his job is to teach me when I'm in his class. This is all stuff they did because they cared, the same way I gave a friend of mine my last few hundred dollars (when I had a stipend) because his truck broke down and he needed it to help fix it so he could go to work. The same friend I might add, who months before came all the way to Atlanta from where he was staying just to take me grocery shopping. To add onto that clusterfuck, this was a friend I knew and had last seen IN MIDDLE SCHOOL/sixth grade. Who found me through facebook only about a year before, and we only got to meet up again once or twice before.

So if people outside of family don't care, they are damn sure good at hiding it. I must be, especially when you I go to work for a charity organization on Christmas when I go back home, and I don't even celebrate the holiday.

there are people in this world who are complete assholes, but saying everyone is, family or not is pure ignorance. Hell anyone who knows me on a personal level will tell you, if I can, I will help you. Hell I have a old college roommate who literally lived with me for over a year free of rent. I let him stay because I know he was having troubles. That would be no different than me calling all Europeans or Caucasians racist or black haters.

Outso187
10-30-2015, 12:38 PM
I have a friend who has freely given me $200 worth of pastel, papers, and a wacom because he knows I can't always buy supplies. Friends who out of the goodness of their heart bout me lunch and asked nothing in returns. Professors who taken me out to eat, hell TWICE a professor helped me stay in school because I wouldn't have money to play for that semester (this semester being the second) on time. Hell, that same professor is even the reason I was able to get into a show at the mammal gallery last September. None of this is his job, his job is to teach me when I'm in his class. This is all stuff they did because they cared, the same way I gave a friend of mine my last few hundred dollars (when I had a stipend) because his truck broke down and he needed it to help fix it so he could go to work. The same friend I might add, who months before came all the way to Atlanta from where he was staying just to take me grocery shopping. To add onto that clusterfuck, this was a friend I knew and had last seen IN MIDDLE SCHOOL/sixth grade. Who found me through facebook only about a year before, and we only got to meet up again once or twice before.

So if people outside of family don't care, they are damn sure good at hiding it. I must be, especially when you I go to work for a charity organization on Christmas when I go back home, and I don't even celebrate the holiday.

there are people in this world who are complete assholes, but saying everyone is, family or not is pure ignorance. Hell anyone who knows me on a personal level will tell you, if I can, I will help you. Hell I have a old college roommate who literally lived with me for over a year free of rent. I let him stay because I know he was having troubles. That would be no different than me calling all Europeans or Caucasians racist or black haters.

Thats why I said rarely anyone. There is still gems hiding under the mass of moronity.

Ok look, I'm out of my place in serious discussion-thread. Don't pay any attention to what I say here, I'm not meant for this. I'm just bored and was browsing through forums.

RippleApple
10-30-2015, 12:47 PM
Thats why I said rarely anyone. There is still gems hiding under the mass of moronity.

Ok look, I'm out of my place in serious discussion-thread. Don't pay any attention to what I say here, I'm not meant for this. I'm just bored and was browsing through forums.

Mass of moronity. I like that.

Shaman
10-30-2015, 01:08 PM

I don't believe the moronity level has changed as much as people think it has, the only thing that has really changed is now the world's can actually see it now compared to pass gen that were just as stupid but could keep it local.

KFire
12-22-2015, 09:58 AM
I don't believe the moronity level has changed as much as people think it has, the only thing that has really changed is now the world's can actually see it now compared to pass gen that were just as stupid but could keep it local.

It has actually been proven that we live in the generation with less crimes and more cultured than ever before. However, saying that this generation is worse than the one before is a trend that repeats and repeats.

Btw, this thread looks quite trolly :P. I am not an asshole. I am selfish yes, but i am not an asshole. Idk whether this is about smite or rl. In smite i believe that we need to focus on the enemies. The moment people start attacking allies is the moment I stop wanting to play, and i always try to interfere to make people focus on the enemies. When someone is playing badly they know. Their own mind is already punishing them and making them play worse. If on top of that other players start shouting crap, it becomes a downward spiral. They feel worse hence they play worse and feed which on turn makes it even harder next time. I have been playing bad and had someone from my team saying nice job, and you rock still when i did nice plays. That helped a lot getting out of the i suck mentality, and playing to win. Sometimes people forget that it is not a robot playing a god in smite. There is a person behind it. The way the god plays is not only affected by the player's skill, but also by the way they feel.

In rl, i know some people that are so freaking selfless that sometimes you need to stop them and tell them to think of themselves. My girlfriend is in that group. She is a good reason why i need to be selfish :P. If you think everybody is an asshole, you will treat them like they were. Therefore, they will act like assholes to you. It is a self-fulfilling prophesy.

IrishPotato
12-22-2015, 10:20 AM
Considering this is a two month necro I'm going to close this.