PDA

View Full Version : Solution to balance out Boots.

SedrioX
10-18-2015, 06:24 PM
Add more options.

Right now the boots for mages are pretty equal. In many situations, Shoes of Focus has more uses due to the fact that you can throw out spells often and for a long time. So okay, they're both decent but Shoes of Focus is probably a tad better, generally because of that mana boost. Then we have the Warrior and Ninja Tabi. Warrior is just the best, Ninja has next to no use currently. You only really purchase it on a few gods and that's it. That is why we must add more variation of boots to further increase the amounts of possible builds.

What I would do is increase the cost of Boots 2 in every branch and add a specific kind of boots at the end. Boots 2 will have a small buff related to that final boot. For example, Boots 2 of the Berserker Shinguards will have a real small lifesteal, probably 5% or something.

TL;DR Add more boots with each one having one (maybe two) bonus other than movement speed to improve build varieties.

PHYSICALS

Warrior Greaves Warriors are strong... pretty straight forward.
+18% Movement Speed
+30 Physical Power

Assassin's Shoes Assassins are fast, quick and deadly. Let's make these to be for actual assassins.
+18% Movement Speed
+10% Critical Chance

Berserker Shinguards Berserker's always deal damage and take damage. This would certainly help them in their journey. And since Berserker are bloodthirsty beasts who don't k now how to control themselves, I've decided to add an extra nifty passive.
+20% Movement Speed
+10% Lifesteal
PASSIVE - You gain extra attack speed depending on where you health current is. For every 10% health loss, you gain 2% up to 10%. (or losing half your health)

Hunter's Footwear Hunters are precise, fast and knows how to kill.
+18% Movement Speed
+15 Physical Penetration

Ninja Tabi Ninjas are fast, quick and knows how to go behind the front lines. They stay in the distance and not up-close unless forced to do so.
+24% Movement Speed
+15% Cooldown Reduction

MAGICALS

Shoes of the Magi Stays the same but without the penetration.
+18% Movement Speed
+60 Magical Power

Warlock's Footwraps Warlocks are vile and mean, yet they are simple. They are the middle of sorcery and magic. Not too strong and not too weak, but they know their way around.
+18% Movement Speed
+450 Mana

Shoes of Focus You know you can do anything if you focus hard enough.
+18% Movement Speed
+20% Cooldown Reduction

Necromancer Greaves Necromancers are the type of people who resurrects thing and leech life from people. I wanted to add a special passive which resurrected killed enemy minions but dropped their strength significantly, but I have two issues with that. One, it might suck terribly. Two, the gold fury might be able to come back so... yeah. Opted for this new passive instead to make it more appealing to multiple casting-gods.
+20% Movement Speed
+12% Lifesteal
PASSIVE - Every tick of damage dealt fills up the passive (up to 10) and when filled, your next basic attack will throw out an orb that when an enemy is hit, you heal yourself by 6% of their maximum health. This is not a permanent bonus, the orb will disappear once you use a basic attack. (Like Vulcan's passive)

Boots of the Sorcerer I mean... penetration, right?
+18% Movement Speed
+15 Magical Penetration

SUPPORTS (this can be worn by both magicals and physicals)

Commander's Wargreaves PROTECTIOOOOONS. FORWARD MINIONS, KILL SOMETHING. right? Also known as the new Reinforced Greaves.
+20% Movement Speed
+200 Health
+18% CC Reduction
PASSIVE - Increases your own power depending on how many allies are around you. 3 Power for every allies, adding up to 12.

Talaria Boots Little bit of a tweak and power has been removed. Is now a purely movement choice.
+18% Movement Speed
PASSIVE - You gain +16% additional Movement Speed and +20 HP5 while out of combat. Each time you hit an enemy god you earn +30 Gold. This cannot occur on the same god more than once every 90s.

Plated Greaves Bringin' them back! Honestly I don't think this would make most people agree with me that these boots should come back. But I thought I'd give it a shot.
+18% Movement Speed
+25 Physical & Magical Protection
PASSIVE - Reduces all physical attacks by 4% and every magical attacks by 6%

That's pretty much it. EDIT: We need more boots to further increase the build potential. I feel like some of these boots that I've suggested have the potential to all give a little something unique so they're all useful but there's not one obviously superior than the other.

RainbowSplat
10-18-2015, 06:36 PM
shoes of focus arent better not on aa mage gods becuz they profit more from magi shoes

SedrioX
10-18-2015, 07:05 PM
shoes of focus arent better not on aa mage gods becuz they profit more from magi shoes

Yeah, I asked some people and they said both magical damage boots are pretty much equal. I still think Shoes of Focus is better on massive damaging mages because of the cooldown and extra mana, I also believe that we need more boots to increase varieties in builds. Anyway, please give me more feedbacks following the actual suggestion. Which boots you like the best, which you hate and things like that.

Afilia
10-18-2015, 07:14 PM
They should definitely balance out Warrior and Ninja Tabi, and possibly buff Talaria Boots/Travelers Shoes. Other changes to boots seem unnecessary though.

Enigmatisty
10-19-2015, 04:20 PM
Ninja Tabi in your iteration would make Loki pretty unkillable in Stealth mode as he'd have 35% mitigation. No thanks.
It would be a little nice if the tabi in their current state gave a bit more movement speed, but it'd be great if Ninja Tabi gave 15% CDR again.
No one is going to build Hydra's Lament save for a noob Loki player, and the only options that give it are mostly defensive items.

HawkboyJr
10-20-2015, 02:57 AM
Ninja Tabi is built on basic attack gods, or gods that supplement their abilities with basic attacks. Warrior Tabi are built on casters and gods with 70% to 100% attack speed steroids. Shoes of the Magi and Shoes of Focus are roughly equivalent, if not somewhat in Magi's favour. You ignore Reinforced Grieves and Talaria/Traveler's, both of which are also quite viable in a variety of situations.

ImAeternalis
10-20-2015, 09:36 AM
Shoes of the Magi Stays the same but without the penetration.
+18% Movement Speed
+50 Magical Power

This is worse than pre-buff shoes of focus. That takes effort.

LoudAndAnnoying
10-20-2015, 08:26 PM
Ya, all we need is like +5 or 10 protections on grieves to make them more competitive.

HawkboyJr
10-20-2015, 10:04 PM
Grieves are amazing on physicals. Traveler's and Magical Grieves could use some more power though.

Enigmatisty
10-21-2015, 10:49 AM
Ninja Tabi is built on basic attack gods, or gods that supplement their abilities with basic attacks. Warrior Tabi are built on casters and gods with 70% to 100% attack speed steroids. Shoes of the Magi and Shoes of Focus are roughly equivalent, if not somewhat in Magi's favour.

That should be the case, but I find Ninja Tabi a bad option for the early game. You gimp out on power for some attack speed which can easily be mediated with items like Executioner or Asi. Shoes of the Focus are slightly better than Magi's early on because of the mana boost and 15% CDR, but it can be switched out for Magi's later on as the mana boost isn't necessary at that point and the CDR can be achieved with a plethora of items for mages that have 15% CDR, like Mail of Renewal or even Pythagorem's Piece.

HawkboyJr
10-21-2015, 12:04 PM
35% attack speed is still noticeably higher than 20%, the additional attack speed only really becomes superfluous when you have a huge steroid (70%+) or you intend to build 1-2 additional high attack speed items besides Exec (Ichaival, Obow, Soul Eater, Asi). Early on I prefer the extra power and penetration, as it helps you clear waves and camps faster and, by the time you get into the mid game, you can often already have Chronos and/or Renewal online.

SedrioX
10-23-2015, 08:03 PM
UPDATE

I've added another type of boot in the Support tree, changed some numbers and added something to the Berserker Shinguards to make it more appealing. I thought to give the Berserker Shinguards an unique passive because of the name I gave it. Just go see it for yourself.

Also to all future individuals who wants to give their opinions; please give me feedback on the whole suggestion and not just one thing I've said. It will help me balance things out and seeing someone only mention the old boots, even though I'm suggesting to bring new ones in, doesn't help me do that. Thanks <3

RainbowSplat
10-24-2015, 04:23 AM
no offense but Warlock's Footwraps are completely useless they give ms and 200mana...and nothing else how is 200 mana better than

+15 Magical Penetration
+60 Magical Power
+15% Lifesteal
+20% Cooldown Reduction

also the lifesteal boots seems meh when you compare it to magical power,20 cdr,15magical pene maybe if you would combine 15% life steal and 200 mana these boots would been decent but just maybe

SedrioX
10-24-2015, 12:27 PM
no offense but Warlock's Footwraps are completely useless they give ms and 200mana...and nothing else how is 200 mana better than

+15 Magical Penetration
+60 Magical Power
+15% Lifesteal
+20% Cooldown Reduction

also the lifesteal boots seems meh when you compare it to magical power,20 cdr,15magical pene maybe if you would combine 15% life steal and 200 mana these boots would been decent but just maybe

I agree that the 200 mana on a single boot is pretty meh compared to the others, so I made it so if you buy it, it's to stay in fights longer. Not do more damage, dish out more abilities or life steal. Adding more mana would make it a competing boot, in my opinion. Also the lifesteal is not for every mage, sure, but it's there for the mages who can sacrifice the other (cooldown, power or penetration) and wants extra lifesteal. I would say that these boots would be better for AA Mages.

Also, no offense taken. This is purely my suggestion, I truly want people to give me their honest opinions about this. I also want you to remember that these boots aren't meant to be better than one another. Sure the 60 magical power may look better than Lifesteal, but there's also cooldown, pen and 450 mana boots that you can look at. There's competition with this suggestion, instead of the usual "pen" and "cooldown" boots for mages. Pen and attack boots for physicals and Talaria or Cooldown boots for supports. It's just to increase the field of possibilities.

It's all about what you want to sacrifice instead of what you want to build. You could go for that penetration, but what about that raw 30/60 power? Or look at that cooldown reduction, that lifesteal and extra passive! It adds more decisions in a build.

I've added a passive to the Necromancer's Greaves to make them more appealing while not making them OP.

RainbowSplat
10-24-2015, 04:29 PM
i think there should be attack speed boots for magicals aswell but that would make aa mages maybe too good

SedrioX
10-24-2015, 06:23 PM
i think there should be attack speed boots for magicals aswell but that would make aa mages maybe too good

I was going to add boots like that, but then I thought "How many gods would buy it?". Freya only comes to mind and even then other boots would be better. Chronos, Zeus and Ao Kuang would do much better with power or pen boots that I've suggested. The Attack speed boots for magicals would actually be terrible. Zeus does well on his own with Demonic Grip alone, same with Ao Kuang. Literally no magical gods would have it good by buying attack speed boots.

RainbowSplat
10-25-2015, 01:54 AM
I was going to add boots like that, but then I thought "How many gods would buy it?". Freya only comes to mind and even then other boots would be better. Chronos, Zeus and Ao Kuang would do much better with power or pen boots that I've suggested. The Attack speed boots for magicals would actually be terrible. Zeus does well on his own with Demonic Grip alone, same with Ao Kuang. Literally no magical gods would have it good by buying attack speed boots.

well depends how much attack speed boots would give

SedrioX
10-25-2015, 04:39 PM
well depends how much attack speed boots would give

No. Not really; 60 Magical Power, 20% cooldown reduction, 450 Mana, 12% lifesteal with passive and 15 magical penetration are all stronger than attack speed. If the AS Boots were in this suggestion, it'd be in the area of 15-20%... but again, other boots would be much better. The only boots that attack speed would compete with would be the penetration boots. See how good Freya does with only Demonic Grip and Fatalis. Why would she ever sacrifice 60 magical power or 15 penetration for some extra attack speed?

RainbowSplat
10-25-2015, 05:17 PM
hmm yeah good points <.<

Fevershaking
01-04-2016, 07:42 PM
Berserker's Shinguards. Oh man, take my money.

Enigmatisty
01-04-2016, 10:48 PM
Berserker's Shinguards. Oh man, take my money.

Necro much?