PDA

View Full Version : PTS Patch Notes: Long Live The King | Oct. 20th

Kaostic
10-14-2015, 03:04 PM
Read the full patch notes... (http://hrz.io/SMITEPatch1020)

PTS Patch Notes: Long Live The King | Oct. 20th

New God Skins

http://hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/smite-web/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/King-ar-tyr_Banner.jpg (http://hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/smite-web/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Tyr_KingArtyr_Card.jpg)
King Ar-Tyr Tyr

http://hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/smite-web/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/iDusa_Banner.jpg (http://hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/smite-web/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Medusa_iDusa_Card.jpg)
iDusa Medusa (Odyssey Week 5)

“The idea for a robotic Medusa skin is something we've seen from the community a few times. Most notably community member Johanna Girard (@Lu0ren (http://twitter.com/lu0ren) on Twitter) drew a concept that was well loved in the community. Our artists drew inspiration from these community ideas as they formed their rendition."

Updated Cards

http://hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/smite-web/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Ra_SC_Banner.jpg (http://hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/smite-web/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Ra_SolarEclipse_Card.jpg)
Solar Eclipse Ra

Misc

Added illumination support for supported Logitech peripherals.
HiRez logo
God Select Countdown
Launching Countdown
Level Up
Respawn Countdown
Death
Gold Fury Team Kill
Fire Giant Team Kill
Tower Team Kill
Changed pop-up message for players that leave base without purchasing items.
Cleaned up various small Play Screen issues.

Read the full patch notes... (http://hrz.io/SMITEPatch1020)

RippleApple
10-14-2015, 04:40 PM
Thank you for taking another look at Sol. Also, that Ra god card is beautiful. <3

RainbowSplat
10-14-2015, 04:47 PM
yey bluestone nerf

Azilo
10-14-2015, 04:51 PM
iDusa shouldn't have a mask =v No one will ever be able to see the face underneath it.

AND WHY, FOR THE LOVE OF SMITE, did you not fix Kuku's 2 and 3?

GongsunYiru
10-14-2015, 04:52 PM
Those skins look great.

Matrixbeast
10-14-2015, 05:09 PM
If Khepri is always overperforming and he's constantly being nerfed every patch, don't you think it's time to take him back to the drawing board? I mean, there's only so many ways you can nerf him before he just falls into a rut of uselessness...
Sol nerfs were anticipated.

Medusa's new skin looks pretty...Interesting. I wonder what it'll sound like.

Enigmatisty
10-14-2015, 05:10 PM
That's it, Medusa is now going to be my main hunter.
Although it's nice that Artemis is going to have a somewhat longer early game before running out of mana. I might get around to playing her in solo again if the Bluestone nerf stops warriors from clearing entire waves.
It's also great that Sol isn't going to be a nightmare anymore if I'm against her in mid.

YohSL
10-14-2015, 05:46 PM
Yep, getting that Medusa skin alright. She is my main hunter, but I think I will give Arty a go, since her real problem has always been her prohibitively expensive abilities.

GodlySparta
10-14-2015, 05:55 PM
Khepri should be fine now. His ult is still very powerful but now a bit more secure kill. The ultimate denial in the most satisfying way. His 2 wouldn't see anything changed because it literally did nothing to nerf it and it didn't need a nerf in the first place. Overall a good ability still but may give people a harder time playing Khepri. Sol is still very OP because her 2 can still take down tanks like Thanatos. Still needs a bit of a nerf and I never used her 1 as a damage skill so it literally did nothing. Her 3 got nerfed but still needs a bit more nerfing but nerfing it too hard would make her useless. Assassins are still having a hard time killing Sol and she is squishy but I think she's needs her defense lowered to about Hel level. She pretty close already so it shouldn't be a problem. If she got that nerfed, it would make it harder for someone to play her. If the 3 didn't get invulnerability, assassin would literally trample over her. She would be too weak to deal with assassins so I wouldn't suggest nerfing that. Artemis is gonna have a comeback (finally!). That is probably the only satisfying thing in this patch. The pun with Tyr is horrible but the skin is great. Bluestone nerf! Yes! More please! Needs to be reworked again.

AlbertClockwork
10-14-2015, 06:11 PM
With BlueStone maybe they should go the Vampiric Shroud route and give the owner like 10-20 mana per kill? Or a Soul Stone but max stacks give HP regen and when you use an ability you get some mana

Damaje
10-14-2015, 07:26 PM
Nice patch and skins :)
You didn't kill Sol so good job on that, but still no nerfs on gods that need it like Janus, Bellona and maybe thor, swk

Najh98
10-14-2015, 08:04 PM
It is annoying that they keep nerfing Khepri, but at least now the cry babies can be quiet.

Najh98
10-14-2015, 08:06 PM
but still no nerfs on gods that need it like Janus

Lol, I hope you're joking.

http://17rg073sukbm1lmjk9jrehb643.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/tumblr_lxr29be92W1rn95k2o1_500.gif

Goobis
10-14-2015, 08:27 PM
Janus could use a nerf soon, but nerfing broken Khepri was great.

Azilo
10-14-2015, 08:36 PM
Janus could use a nerf soon, but nerfing broken Khepri was great.

So could Anubis. *Lenny face

AlltroN
10-15-2015, 12:38 AM
i hope you give us gems on PTS this time, I haven't been able to buy any of the skins to test for the last few PTS patches

Nalessa
10-15-2015, 02:20 AM
I don't play Tyr but dat skin yo :o

RippleApple
10-15-2015, 07:20 AM
Honestly when it comes to warriors, a starter item that would've made more sense than manikin scepter 3.0 would've just been something that reduces mana costs by a set value each. Maybe like 20 mana per ability, while giving 20 power. That way they don't have infinite magical sustain but the early-game isn't so punishing for them. They can use more abilities than mages in that case, but mage abilities are more powerful and clear the wave faster early, giving them a small window to be able to actually fight warriors and assassins.

Just make it available only for guardians and warriors so adcs can't be affected by it, so duo lane doesn't suffer the same catastrophic meltdown original bluestone did to it. Death's toll is a good starter item for them anyway.

Haze
10-15-2015, 07:40 AM
Misc

Added illumination support for supported Logitech peripherals.

With Logitech periphals, you mean the G910 Orion Spark ?
Considering, getting it now.

Sationix
10-15-2015, 09:06 AM
iDusa shouldn't have a mask =v No one will ever be able to see the face underneath it.

Yea, they could leave her without mask and when she ulti her face could open like a door or somethink. Because nobody can see her face when she ulti anyway.

Sasquatchias
10-15-2015, 05:32 PM
Lol, I hope you're joking.

http://17rg073sukbm1lmjk9jrehb643.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/tumblr_lxr29be92W1rn95k2o1_500.gif

I don't see why he doesn't need a nerf - he is a consistently top tier God whose presence is highly valued in all ranks of play (especially Ranked and Competitive) that offers Mobility, CC, Utility, and Damage, all within very small cooldowns that doesn't have some crippling drawback.

If nothing else I think he needs to at least have a Cooldown Increase on a few certain abilities so he can't throw out a Portal, Unstable Vortex, and his Threshold every 5-6 seconds.

raggordy
10-16-2015, 12:39 AM
is there gonna be an option to turn off the hirez Logitech keyboard function, not a fan of my keyboard having a rave every time i do something.

Regalstrike
10-16-2015, 03:10 AM
If they nerf Bellona or Janus a little, no one will play it. They only way to "fix" them, is to change their kits. Their kits make them very good in team play, same with Thor and Sun Wukong.

Janus = Can save your allies, make them faster and transport whole team cross map, and his 1 and 2 combo high burst damage.
Bellona = Slow, disarm and stun. And IF she able to hit her 2 she does a lot of damage, but you can easy counter her 2 or juke it. One knock up and she does 0 damage.
Same with Thor and Sun Wukong. So much control.

The only real way to nerf them is to nerf their items e.g. "bluestone". But then you also nerf the other Gods who is under performing and make them even weaker.

It just their kits make them "OP". But lots of pro's said, you always need a strong God's otherwise there no point of pick and bans and the games will be boring.

Bobica123
10-16-2015, 09:21 AM
I like that tyr skin, clumsy king. xD

Soron
10-16-2015, 07:27 PM
If they nerf Bellona or Janus a little, no one will play it. They only way to "fix" them, is to change their kits. Their kits make them very good in team play, same with Thor and Sun Wukong.

Janus = Can save your allies, make them faster and transport whole team cross map, and his 1 and 2 combo high burst damage.
Bellona = Slow, disarm and stun. And IF she able to hit her 2 she does a lot of damage, but you can easy counter her 2 or juke it. One knock up and she does 0 damage.
Same with Thor and Sun Wukong. So much control.

The only real way to nerf them is to nerf their items e.g. "bluestone". But then you also nerf the other Gods who is under performing and make them even weaker.

It just their kits make them "OP". But lots of pro's said, you always need a strong God's otherwise there no point of pick and bans and the games will be boring.

Why not just give gods like sun wukong a ¨weakened item passive¨

Don't nerf the item, but make it worst for Sun Wukong.

RippleApple
10-16-2015, 08:09 PM
They really need to stop trying to make manikin scepter a thing. It was a bad idea and it's still a bad idea.

Rarrl
10-17-2015, 06:43 AM
Sigh.
I really wish they'd stop nerfing Gods on the basis of Conquest. Or at least carry two different rulesets: one for conquest, and one for all the rest of the modes.
So many fun gods have been ruined.

inferno18
10-18-2015, 06:51 PM
Shieeeeeeeeeet, I am loving that iDusa, but I am confused about how we are skipping to Odyssey week 5 after not seeing week 4.. If you don't understand me, here is what I am talking about:

Mayan Odyssey Week 1: Kuku Kukulkan
Mayan Odyssey Week 2: Sky Dragon Icon
Chinese Odyssey Week 3: Nu Horizons Nu Wa
Chinese Odyssey Week 4: ?????
Greek Odyssey Week 5: iDusa Medusa

See what I mean? The chinese odyssey was meant to come on the 20th, I'm confused... I still am buying iDusa tho, not the biggest Tyr fan, but the skin is kewl. Bluey Pendant nerf was expected, same for the Khepri nerf. Artemis buff is great... Now onto the Sol nerf.

Sol's passive is, I agree. Incredibly OP. But I think this nerf is all she needs, she is fairly well balanced, her 3's invulnerability is VERY VERY delayed, unlike Chang'es 2. Her ult is still shit, even with the buff. But I think other than that, she is very balanced now.

Very good patch Hi-Rez. I pat you on the back.

magikod
10-20-2015, 04:02 AM
Ty for nerfing bluestone a bit :D

when will the servers be live EST?

Zeklo
10-20-2015, 11:37 AM
Shieeeeeeeeeet, I am loving that iDusa, but I am confused about how we are skipping to Odyssey week 5 after not seeing week 4.. If you don't understand me, here is what I am talking about:

See what I mean? The chinese odyssey was meant to come on the 20th, I'm confused... I still am buying iDusa tho, not the biggest Tyr fan, but the skin is kewl. Bluey Pendant nerf was expected, same for the Khepri nerf. Artemis buff is great... Now onto the Sol nerf.

Sol's passive is, I agree. Incredibly OP. But I think this nerf is all she needs, she is fairly well balanced, her 3's invulnerability is VERY VERY delayed, unlike Chang'es 2. Her ult is still shit, even with the buff. But I think other than that, she is very balanced now.

Very good patch Hi-Rez. I pat you on the back.

Pretty sure it was just a case of they had nothing else to show off due to the small patch. It's release is probably still the 27th.

Arcos88
10-20-2015, 04:00 PM
Great patch, but from what i see the broken thing with Sol is the passive, and they basicly did nothing there, still far to powerfull. Still bursts towers instantly and wrecks whole earlygame. If she doesnt get a real nerf every first pick will be sol...... So basicly shit work in terms of balance. But hey at least we can look good while geting killed by solXD

discofleshpot
10-21-2015, 01:23 AM

Week 4 is Chinese Lantern Global Emote. iDusa isn't til next week.

SamDerp
10-25-2015, 08:46 PM
Week 4 is Chinese Lantern Global Emote. iDusa isn't til next week.

Can't wait for iDusa, going to be such a nice skin :D

Desirr
10-26-2015, 05:03 AM
Ye she will be avalieble tomorrow :D
Can't wait for it :D

Rokusho66
11-03-2015, 06:39 AM
love king ar tyr skin <3...

uses VRR.... "retreat!"....

I want a refund.... how is it not "run away! run away!"

LongFist
11-19-2015, 02:30 AM