PDA

View Full Version : Forum Moderator Application | October, 2015

Kaostic
10-05-2015, 11:54 AM
Hi everyone,

We're currently looking to expand our Forum Moderation team to help better support the Xbox and International Forums. If you are somebody who is actively trying to make the forums a more enjoyable environment for all the users, please apply below.

Apply to be a Moderator (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1hjzlyxILoJ5lSKEQT1MxL3HfyFmc7GLIKvPp1VsIPhg/viewform)

TripleCharged
10-06-2015, 04:03 PM
Looking forward to the growth of the Smite community :)

Goobis
10-06-2015, 04:24 PM
Was hoping it was for General and Main Section, oh well.

Haker519
10-07-2015, 06:40 AM
If some forums need help, i can add my hands to work :)

Dmantakae
10-08-2015, 12:43 AM
Was hoping it was for General and Main Section, oh well.

Those sections are covered by the regular moderators.

RippleApple
10-08-2015, 12:37 PM
N-no. Definitely not. I learned my lesson last time. You can't tempt me.

RainbowSplat
10-12-2015, 09:47 AM
maby a silly question but can you actualy become a mod for xbox section if you dont own xbox?

Kaostic
10-12-2015, 09:54 AM
maby a silly question but can you actualy become a mod for xbox section if you dont own xbox?

Yes. But it'd help to answer questions if you do.

RainbowSplat
10-12-2015, 10:06 AM
Yes. But it'd help to answer questions if you do.

oh okay sadly i dont own xbox but only ps3 :/ i didnt mention that in application <.<

daalni
10-12-2015, 09:45 PM
Can I still be my normal asshole self? Ive moved to box most of the time, anyways.

IrishPotato
10-13-2015, 12:02 AM
Can I still be my normal asshole self? Ive moved to box most of the time, anyways.

We would prefer you don't do that as a normal user, so most likely the answer in that instance is no as well.

Macaulyn
10-13-2015, 12:18 AM
I'd love to be a moderator, but the whole idea of being too polite and have the power to ban people kinda bothers me. I think being a moderator could help me control my atittude, but then it would be a problem if I stepped out of the line. It would be worse if I find out people being too much idiots, I'm not very patient regarding that, I'd probably call infractions and bans on a hell lot of people.

Mouhappai
10-13-2015, 12:40 AM
I'd love to be a moderator, but the whole idea of being too polite and have the power to ban people kinda bothers me. I think being a moderator could help me control my atittude, but then it would be a problem if I stepped out of the line. It would be worse if I find out people being too much idiots, I'm not very patient regarding that, I'd probably call infractions and bans on a hell lot of people.

It doesn't seem like it really matters from what I have seen, you can have a sloppy attitude and still be a mod around here. Just go for it.

IrishPotato
10-13-2015, 12:49 AM
It doesn't seem like it really matters from what I have seen, you can have a sloppy attitude and still be a mod around here. Just go for it.

If there's something that bothers you about is, feel free to submit it via the Feedback Form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1aht3ZLcQb8c7ep0ka01D2FhYy2EafWjbdPRQx6nIHo8/viewform

Keep the posts clean lads :)

Goobis
10-13-2015, 08:50 AM
Honestly if this wasn't X-Box I would have applied.

I don't want to moderate something I know nothing about.

AlexError
10-13-2015, 01:23 PM
Politeness is not equivalent to professionalism. Also, we 'normal' mods don't have the features to ban instantly whenever we feel like it.

Honestly if this wasn't X-Box I would have applied.

I don't want to moderate something I know nothing about.

There's the international forums if you know another language? ;)

Goobis
10-13-2015, 02:59 PM
There's the international forums if you know another language? ;)

Unfortunately I only know some basic spanish, so a big international mod-ship wouldn't be something I'd qualify for.

Trisitella
10-14-2015, 03:57 AM

I know you can do it, Macaulyn. <3
Youre very knowledgeable on the forums both in game play and mythology, and can usually contribute alot to most conversations.
Worst case scenario, they turn you down. Whats the worst that can happen?

:o

http://i.imgur.com/6icl53h.png

Skluber
10-14-2015, 03:43 PM
Hey! I'd like to be a moderator for the Spanish new section. I send you my apply last week :) I love Spanish community and I'm very active on forums for SMITE on Spain, like SMITECORE :D and I'm too the Staff Head for SMITE ESL Spain.

Haker519
10-14-2015, 03:53 PM
Hey! I'd like to be a moderator for the Spanish new section. I send you my apply last week :) I love Spanish community and I'm very active on forums for SMITE on Spain, like SMITECORE :D and I'm too the HEAD Staff for SMITE ESL Spain.

Yea. This man is really good in moderating/administrating :)
Could help with Spanish Forum.

MiyobiKumagawa
10-14-2015, 05:35 PM
Isn't the Spanish Forum the LevelUp site? I think they have a different head mod over there.

IrishPotato
10-14-2015, 05:47 PM
Isn't the Spanish Forum the LevelUp site? I think they have a different head mod over there.

AFAIK thats Brazilian which is Portugese

MiyobiKumagawa
10-14-2015, 05:57 PM
AFAIK thats Brazilian which is Portugese

Then which one is the Spanish Forum? O_o

Dmantakae
10-14-2015, 06:06 PM
Then which one is the Spanish Forum? O_o

... There is none currently, that why we're primarily looking for Spanish and Russian moderators because Kaostic plans on opening Spanish and Russian subforums.

MiyobiKumagawa
10-14-2015, 06:27 PM
... There is none currently, that why we're primarily looking for Spanish and Russian moderators because Kaostic plans on opening Spanish and Russian subforums.

Ohhh makes sense, I thought LevelUp was the official Latino forums. Oops.

IrishPotato
10-14-2015, 06:55 PM
Ohhh makes sense, I thought LevelUp was the official Latino forums. Oops.

Yeah what Dman said while I was at class :3

I still think we need a French Moderator.

Nikumi
10-14-2015, 07:37 PM
Hello there!

I'd like to ask you about the creation of the russian subforum. Is it possible? Can you do it that russian players use its forum branch for any questions and etc. I could be as a moderator, and help them here. It will be very useful.

Thank you for your reply!

IrishPotato
10-14-2015, 07:40 PM
Hello there!

I'd like to ask you about the creation of the russian subforum. Is it possible? Can you do it that russian players use its forum branch for any questions and etc. I could be as a moderator, and help them here. It will be very useful.

Thank you for your reply!

We are going to be making a Russian subforum if I'm not mistaken.

Nikumi
10-14-2015, 07:44 PM
We are going to be making a Russian subforum if I'm not mistaken.

I hope that it will be realised in the near future =) I'm looking forward to it! Thanks!

Bolshack
10-15-2015, 01:51 AM
I have applied the only problem is that I've recently changed my name and all my posts were removed from my old account ? What is this :(

xVIPx Superb
10-16-2015, 01:36 PM
I am productive most of the time, and I play on XBOX so I think I could be of great help :P.

McKnightrider
10-16-2015, 10:44 PM
I would apply but I'm afraid no one else could handle my power...I can feel it growing already just thinking about being a moderator...
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view8/4534573/i-have-the-power-o.gif
I can feel it coursing through my veins. alas, I don't have Xbox1 to answer prudent questions happening with the system.

Trubblegum
10-18-2015, 11:50 AM
I was unable to make the cut last time, maybe this time I may join my fellows as a moderator.

IrishPotato
10-18-2015, 01:24 PM
I was unable to make the cut last time, maybe this time I may join my fellows as a moderator.

Do you primarily play Xbox and/or fluently speak Spanish or Russian?

Nikumi
10-18-2015, 04:14 PM
I've sent a few days ago an application to become a moderator of the Russian subforum. I'm a native russian speaker, who has been promoting Smite among russian community more than 2 years. I could help you as best as I can ^^ Waiting for the answer.

Trubblegum
10-20-2015, 09:48 PM
Do you primarily play Xbox and/or fluently speak Spanish or Russian?

No, but it has been stated that I don't need to own an Xbox to be a mod for their forums.

BobKetchup
10-20-2015, 10:03 PM
Yeah I applied since I play xbox smite all the time and know the bugs and gameplay etc.

xVIPx Superb
10-21-2015, 02:34 AM
Being a mod would be fun, but we gotta realize we'd have to hold ourselves to a higher maturity standard. I'm sure our mods sometimes die inside because they have to remain civil.

SeventhArchon
10-21-2015, 11:00 AM
I would actually have to be serious on the forum.
I don't feel like it :p

Loulina
10-22-2015, 09:00 AM
I can be serious. really. but what will be the reward for that? people will like me less than they do because mods are authority figures..who ever wants to do such a thing. I better be a mom instead of that.afterall you cant hug a forum once in a while.it should worth something after being a boring authority figure.hey wait a minute..perhaps..hmm

IrishPotato
10-22-2015, 10:51 AM
Doing our best to keep the forums as a stable and welcoming community is its own reward

Loulina
10-22-2015, 01:59 PM
of course, since you are irishpotato you can think that way.every character has their own idea of reward. i for example can handle a little instability for some amusement and surprise ;)
but if i am a mod it feels like there will be a internal conflict within me.should i be more a gamer or a mod? did i put an extra smiley there? lots and lots of insecurities.. i shouldnt have said or done that perhaps? i posted five times this months in vent thread what kind of a mod am i?i suspended the poor person, he is probably very angry or upset now. yeah things like these. what should be the reward for all these? i am not sure. i am kinda expensive. both insecure and expensive. lol. whatever that is.Also i like being personal. mods need to be a little distant.
Anyway, I hope forum finds the best of mods.

IrishPotato
10-22-2015, 02:01 PM
Well there isn't a reward at all. Literally.

Also we're people and players first, moderators second. We're allowed to be personal and friendly, and don't need to be distant. Distant != Professionalism.

Loulina
10-22-2015, 02:05 PM
Well there isn't a reward at all. Literally.

Also we're people and players first, moderators second. We're allowed to be personal and friendly, and don't need to be distant. Distant != Professionalism.

ok. you convinced me i am applying. but see how easily i am convinced when judging my application :)

xVIPx Superb
10-22-2015, 02:25 PM
You can still be a mod and have fun, you'd just have to be respectful to everyone and watch your words and tone :p

BobKetchup
10-22-2015, 03:04 PM
You can still be a mod and have fun, you'd just have to be respectful to everyone and watch your words and tone :p

Yeah like when irish said something funny and said he'd accept his own infraction xD

Loulina
10-22-2015, 03:10 PM

wait a minute this is everybody's ought to be thing. ah! i have a wonderful idea. here is my campaign slogan `i will make everybody moderator!` hahha!

Loulina
10-22-2015, 03:13 PM
Yeah like when irish said something funny and said he'd accept his own infraction xD

saying funny things allowed. i read the forum code of conduct just now. nothing against it. it is a shame that i read it after months just now while applying. if everybody is like me this means i have a very correct campaign slogan :D everybody should be moderator.

but i applied for a language subforum. then...first...i can set up my own kingdom there.i make everbody in it moderators then i will invade other subforums.hm.sounds like a nice plan.i liked it.

Magikabula
10-22-2015, 07:45 PM
Being a mod strikes me as too similar to being a prefect at my old college. You have power over your peers despite not necessarily having much better judgement. Maybe I'm just a little anarchist in the making...

Also, I've seen too many threads get closed without agreeing with the decision, so I probably wouldn't make a good fit. And I'm not always on the forums. Pass.

xVIPx Superb
10-22-2015, 08:17 PM
Being a mod strikes me as too similar to being a prefect at my old college. You have power over your peers despite not necessarily having much better judgement. Maybe I'm just a little anarchist in the making...

Also, I've seen too many threads get closed without agreeing with the decision, so I probably wouldn't make a good fit. And I'm not always on the forums. Pass.

I think they pick the mods well, they do their best to remain indifferent when an argument erupts, and they handle it well.

Teztakapiz
10-24-2015, 02:47 AM
Maybe I am not in a position to be able to say this but, if I was in the position to say yes or no to your request, I would almost straight away so no due to the fact that your 'application' is not only a sentence but childish in nature. Those are not exactly sought after qualities for a moderator.

Of course, it is good to entertain some joyfulness sometimes, even in serious situations, so perhaps I am in the wrong here.

Good luck as a moderator if you do happen to get accepted, though. :)

xVIPx Superb
10-24-2015, 05:39 PM
Maybe I am not in a position to be able to say this but, if I was in the position to say yes or no to your request, I would almost straight away so no due to the fact that your 'application' is not only a sentence but childish in nature. Those are not exactly sought after qualities for a moderator.

Of course, it is good to entertain some joyfulness sometimes, even in serious situations, so perhaps I am in the wrong here.

Good luck as a moderator if you do happen to get accepted, though. :)

Who are you talking to?

Second of all, you saw no application.

IrishPotato
10-24-2015, 10:02 PM
The application is a private form that only the Community Manager's and Super Moderators see...Nothing in this thread written by users is an application...

xMooMoo
10-25-2015, 03:36 AM
I would consider applying, but I have little merit on this forum to prove ability . . .

I've held a similar position before in two other forums but based on COC I don't think it really applies :3

Maybe someday down the road :D

xoxo,
cow

TripleCharged
10-28-2015, 11:27 PM
Any update on this? It seems to have been a while(pronounced hwile)

xMooMoo
10-29-2015, 02:42 AM
Any update on this? It seems to have been a while(pronounced hwile)

There looking for specific mods I believe for language based sections . . .

Yea. This man is really good in moderating/administrating :)
Could help with Spanish Forum.

More or less it seems that they haven't gotten the right applications yet considering :3
I don't play smite on even though I had a beta code when it came out, still have it was a payed for key might give content and tags if I use it idk. . .

Any who My Spanish is sub par and seeing that I regretfully don't play the xbox sub I didn't put an app. in my self, so it's hard to say where they are in the process.

xoxo,
cow

lonelynerd
10-29-2015, 09:00 AM
My kids play smite on the Xbox and I moderate them pretty good :p

xVIPx Superb
11-01-2015, 09:22 PM
I hope at least some of the mods actually play XBOX =\... •cough• like me o3o

Zelvios
11-12-2015, 01:50 PM
I'm going to apply for moderator. I think my chances are exceptional.

Trisitella
11-14-2015, 06:46 PM
I dont want to be a moderator because I am not confident in any of my descisions, and would be too worried about letting personal bias get in the way.

That being said, best luck to all who apply. <3

xVIPx Superb
11-17-2015, 09:42 AM
Pretty sure the applications were already taken into account and they already modded people, it's been awhile, unless more people than I think applied o3o.

IrishPotato
11-18-2015, 03:50 PM
Pretty sure the applications were already taken into account and they already modded people, it's been awhile, unless more people than I think applied o3o.

The decisions as far as I'm aware after recent question are not complete.

Trubblegum
11-18-2015, 04:14 PM
The decisions as far as I'm aware after recent question are not complete.

ETA On when they WILL be complete?

IrishPotato
11-18-2015, 04:24 PM
ETA On when they WILL be complete?

Can't say. /10Things

Dmantakae
11-18-2015, 07:07 PM
Closing thread. Everyone is still welcome to apply - But for the most part we've already decided on who we'll bring on to the Xbox and International forums mod teams.

Also - For those who chose alternative International forums, and put English - Thanks.