PDA

View Full Version : PTS Patch Notes: Solar Flare | 6th Oct., 2015

Kaostic
09-30-2015, 02:49 PM
PTS Patch Notes: Solar Flare | 6th Oct., 2015

http://hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/smite-web/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/SolBanner.jpg (http://hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/smite-web/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Sol_Default_Card.jpg)

Sol, Goddess of the Sun

Passive : Unstable Manifestation
Sol gains Heat as she uses abilities and hits with Basic Attacks. She gains +1% Magical Power and +1% Attack Speed for every 3% Heat. At 0% Heat, Sol’s Basic Attacks gain +50% Damage. Heat decreases over time.
Basic Attacks : +5% Heat
Radiance
Sol burns bright, gaining a large amount of Heat, healing herself over time for (5/10/15/20/25% of missing Health over 5s) and igniting the ground around her. Enemies that walk onto the fire take (30/60/90/120/150 + 25% of your Magical Power) damage every second. This ability provides 40/50/60/70/80% Heat. Cost: 60/70/80/90/100. Cooldown: 15s.
Stellar Burst
Sol’s next Basic Attack explodes, creating a shockwave that travels out, dealing (40/70/100/130/160 + 35% of your Magical Power) damage. At full size, the wave retracts, dealing damage again and Slowing enemies. This ability provides 10% Heat. Cost: 60/65/70/75/80. Cooldown: 10s.
Disapparate
Sol burns down her manifestation, gaining movement speed (30/35/40/45/50%) and ignoring all movement penalties, while leaving a trail of fire behind her that damages enemies (20/40/60/80/100 + 25% of your Magical Power) every .5 seconds. After 3s Sol loses corporeal form for a short time and her trail explodes, Stunning enemies for 1.5s. Sol may leave her incorporeal form early. This ability provides 10% Heat. Cost: 60. Cooldown: 15s.
Ultimate: Supernova
Sol unleashes all her flame and fury from the sky, striking 8 times along a moveable ground target location. Enemies hit take (150/200/250/300/350 +50% of your Magical Power) damage are knocked back on the first strike, only taking 20% damage on successive hits. This ability generates 10% Heat. Cost: 100. Cooldown: 90s.

New God Skins

http://hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/smite-web/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/SolCCBanner.jpg (http://hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/smite-web/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Sol_CCSkin_Card.jpg)
Supernova Sol

http://hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/smite-web/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/RavanaMasteryBanner.jpg (http://hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/smite-web/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Ravana_Gold_Card.jpg)
Ravana Mastery Skins

http://hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/smite-web/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/LokiDotDBanner.jpg (http://hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/smite-web/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Loki_DotD_Card.jpg)
Grim Mariachi Loki

Updated God Cards

http://hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/smite-web/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Kali2013Banner.jpg (http://hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/smite-web/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Kali_Convention_Card1.jpg)
Kali Convention 2013
We would like to thank Jishnu Nandwana (Jaggudada) for working with us to bring his Kali Convention artwork into SMITE.

Read the full patch notes... (http://hrz.io/SolarFlare1006)

archeni
09-30-2015, 05:33 PM
First off, sol is the sexiest god so far to me. Second, her vp is epic and i'm getting it at once. Third, her kit seems interesting since i like auto attack based gods.

Najh98
09-30-2015, 05:35 PM
Interesting...

Eh, not really. Sol's trail is like Agni's a little bit and her ult is like his as well. Boring.

archeni
09-30-2015, 05:41 PM
Interesting...

Eh, not really. Sol's trail is like Agni's a little bit and her ult is like his as well. Boring.

I agree with the trail, however, her ultimate seems more like honey on amc or a ra ulti coming down from the sky. Agni's ulti is just a fireball or meteor to me.

Goobis
09-30-2015, 06:00 PM
If you are going to keep that Cooldown Reduction on Cabrakan, I hope you will at least lower his base damage on the move slightly. It already does a ton on its own, but now that it is on a lower cooldown it's even more brutal than before.

Gromun
09-30-2015, 06:16 PM
Omg

She gains +1% Magical Power and +1% Attack Speed for every 3% Heat. max 100% heat? so it possible to keep 33% magic power and attack speed, hi rez are you mad?

OverlordHades
09-30-2015, 06:34 PM
This patch has all my wants :D

Goobis
09-30-2015, 06:41 PM
Whoooooaaaaaa hold on a second, the Chaac skin was spoiled but theres nothing about it from the notes? O.o

GongsunYiru
09-30-2015, 06:48 PM
RIP Xing Tian

McKnightrider
09-30-2015, 06:49 PM
When is the PTS going to be up?

Gromun
09-30-2015, 06:59 PM
intreasting, now it will be feature of the game - waiting 1,5 weeks for rebalnce patch on every new god reveal? i already feeling this mad aa sol pwnz everyone, still wonder why they not make her phys. power based, it would be fun

Zeklo
09-30-2015, 07:54 PM
Well RIP Xing now. You might have gotten 1 ult in before their beads were off cooldown before this patch, but now you will not be able to ult at all.

Azilo
09-30-2015, 07:59 PM
GG on the horrible nerf. "Let's make his cooldown longer than beads... BUT WAIT! Let's also make it do little damage for how long you have to wait too!"

GongsunYiru
09-30-2015, 08:05 PM
Well RIP Xing now. You might have gotten 1 ult in before their beads were off cooldown before this patch, but now you will not be able to ult at all.

Low damage, high cooldown, long delay, meh radius. It's has literally become Tickle N Toss.

Matrixbeast
09-30-2015, 09:24 PM
I liked you, Xing Tian. Very annoying to enemies, crazy ult, and just fun as hell to hop around as the headless hulk.
What the hell happened? Was an ult with a year long wind up that is incredibly easy to beads out of still too strong? Did it really need both the damage and cooldown nerf? If anything, I say you should've upped the damage so that at least he's not left spinning around like a jackass in front of the enemies...

Well, at least Sobek's mana costs have been reduced. That's fun~

Azilo
09-30-2015, 09:34 PM
There's a problem with Sol where auto attacking will make her constantly talk.

Goobis
09-30-2015, 09:41 PM
The bug thread is locked, I can't post my bugs.

Zeklo
09-30-2015, 09:43 PM
There's a problem with Sol where auto attacking will make her constantly talk.
Yeah indeed.

I liked you, Xing Tian. Very annoying to enemies, crazy ult, and just fun as hell to hop around as the headless hulk.
What the hell happened? Was an ult with a year long wind up that is incredibly easy to beads out of still too strong? Did it really need both the damage and cooldown nerf? If anything, I say you should've upped the damage so that at least he's not left spinning around like a jackass in front of the enemies...

Well, at least Sobek's mana costs have been reduced. That's fun~

IKR, it was easy enough for anyone with an escape to get away with his initial release, "oh look Xing is coming forward maybe I should expect an ult?" (unless it was a blink in). In the current patch even if you used a blink (which sucks as of now) it takes so long they can walk out and be ok. If you're lucky you might grab an amc or artemis so long as their beads are down. That isn't an option anymore I guess...

Syelle
10-01-2015, 01:17 AM
I wonder if they are going to make a Starfire (DC) or Phoenix (Marvel) skin for Sol. Since they made Kuku skin, Hi-Rez doesn't seem to have issues with copyright, so it could be an option.

Agent2090
10-01-2015, 06:47 AM
Wow, Sol's kit looks fun. May have to take a break from my guardians, especially with that INSANE nerf on Xing, if she turns out how I'm imagining it. Time to redownload PTS.

Groumpff
10-01-2015, 10:01 AM
From Apollo to Tyr changes, I was thinking "woah, that's very good changes !"
And then I see the Xing nerf... And begin to cry (the Zhong up make a little less sad, now he's very interesting, the only mage bruiser)

But.. wait... No kephri nerf ? Wooohoooo.......f**k !! (I hate this patch... as well I'll hate all patches while Kephri ult will not be nerfed)

Ichimarou
10-01-2015, 09:22 PM
I really like the Buffs for Sobek. He really needed those.

KAKLAW
10-03-2015, 02:06 AM
From Apollo to Tyr changes, I was thinking "woah, that's very good changes !"
And then I see the Xing nerf... And begin to cry (the Zhong up make a little less sad, now he's very interesting, the only mage bruiser)

But.. wait... No kephri nerf ? Wooohoooo.......f**k !! (I hate this patch... as well I'll hate all patches while Kephri ult will not be nerfed)

His base stats are on apr with Freya's.

He's still an easy gank target and his defenses get shred like paper with pen boots+ pen item that isn't shard or voidstone.

ChairJockey
10-03-2015, 03:26 AM
I wonder if they are going to make a Starfire (DC) or Phoenix (Marvel) skin for Sol. Since they made Kuku skin, Hi-Rez doesn't seem to have issues with copyright, so it could be an option.

Id like to see an Anodite skin from ben 10 on her

Pokechu212
10-03-2015, 08:06 AM
Nice to see that Hi Rez has finally noticed Zhong Kui ^-^

KAKLAW
10-03-2015, 04:25 PM
Well Xing Tian is useless now fuckign dumbass Hirez.

His ult can be walked out of takes forever to startup and does NO FUCKING DAMAGE.

You did it Hirez. You manged to make a bad guardian into a a decent jungling one that may be a bit too good but we didn't get to see him in action because he got nerfed right after then you proceeded him to nerf him to uselessness.

Your reasoning behind the nerf was not only stupid but made no sense.
An ult that already has a huge CD on top of being easy to escape and notice getting another damage and CDR scaling nerf?
You fuckers are a joke and Bart highlighted this with how KHepri had better perfoamnce stats the Xing but got a slight rap of the cane compared to Xing.

Goobis
10-03-2015, 06:44 PM
~Snip~

~Prime example of dramatization.~

BobKetchup
10-03-2015, 07:23 PM
~Prime example of dramatization.~

I mean the nerf was unnecessary. I'm happy about the Mercury and Zhong buff but I expected a few nerfs and why didn't they change Kukuls mana pools too? Just Sobek?

Goobis
10-03-2015, 09:12 PM
I mean the nerf was unnecessary. I'm happy about the Mercury and Zhong buff but I expected a few nerfs and why didn't they change Kukuls mana pools too? Just Sobek?

I dunno, maybe a more developed change is in process?

YohSL
10-04-2015, 06:41 AM
Been playing around with the patch on the PTS.
Besides not being able to get a game, I did try the new tutorial.

The cinematic approach seems excellent. Would have liked to try all of it, but Joust doesn't work on the PTS, so I could only test the first tutorial.

LainEdel
10-04-2015, 12:17 PM
Is there an updated patch notes thread yet?

IFlip92
10-04-2015, 04:36 PM
Really? Nerf XT even more??! He's dead now. Was playing him non-stop when he came out. Now he is non-viable for any role. Still bad minion clear, his 2 can be stopped like Bellonna's, his 3 is good but does almost no damage and now his ult is beyond useless as it will not do any damage on top of it being predictable and easy to get out of the wind-up. Together with the Blink nerfs from last patch he is now B Tier... Increase the range on his ult at least if you're gonna nerf the damage!

Apart from that the patch is great and can't wait to try out the new God. Love the change to the Magical Shoes items. Now there's a clear choice to be made early on.

LainEdel
10-04-2015, 06:47 PM
Really? Nerf XT even more??! He's dead now. Was playing him non-stop when he came out. Now he is non-viable for any role. Still bad minion clear, his 2 can be stopped like Bellonna's, his 3 is good but does almost no damage and now his ult is beyond useless as it will not do any damage on top of it being predictable and easy to get out of the wind-up. Together with the Blink nerfs from last patch he is now B Tier... Increase the range on his ult at least if you're gonna nerf the damage!

Apart from that the patch is great and can't wait to try out the new God. Love the change to the Magical Shoes items. Now there's a clear choice to be made early on.

And I went for so much trouble to get him at legendary rank in like 5 days or so :(

Goobis
10-04-2015, 07:23 PM
Xing will be fine. :p

astiago
10-06-2015, 11:14 AM
I don't understand why they nerfed Xing even more, however his ulti will still be on a shorter cd than beads considering cdr is his core items(valor and winged).
Merc got buffed? maybe i can go back to playing him after what? a year?
Nice to see brobek and Zhong getting buffs, hopefully they'll see some play.

However the rest of the patch annoyed me, i would go into details but im expected elsewhere.

IFlip92
10-06-2015, 07:18 PM
I don't understand why they nerfed Xing even more, however his ulti will still be on a shorter cd than beads considering cdr is his core items(valor and winged).
Merc got buffed? maybe i can go back to playing him after what? a year?
Nice to see brobek and Zhong getting buffs, hopefully they'll see some play.

However the rest of the patch annoyed me, i would go into details but im expected elsewhere.

Brobek. That needs to be a thing. Please raise awareness.

Vesikel
10-07-2015, 09:23 AM
So far the patch seems to be a pretty good one.
Sol looks interesting. On first glace I would say she's a basic attacker. And magical basic attackers is something Smite still has not much of (especially since they tend to have much more creative steroids than their physical pendants). Changes to shoes really was necessary and a lot of gods I like got slight buffs. Even original Ares card is back.

RippleApple
10-11-2015, 03:09 PM
Let me be frank. This is the worst patch I have ever seen HiRez do. By quite a substantial margin, I can just say definitively that I'm deeply ashamed at HiRez's competence to the point that I don't even want to associate with them as a company any more. That's how bad this patch was.

Let me just start with the elephant in the room. Sol. You knew Sol was imbalanced during the pts and you didn't care. You didn't nerf her in any substantial way. You didn't fix the glaring problems in her kit. Nerfing her damage from SSS-tier to SS-tier doesn't help matters at all. No god should be able to take a two minute tower just because they weren't ganked within the first minute of gameplay.

A good company sees a bugged, broken section of a game and either delays the game a few weeks until they can fix the problem, immediately patches the problem as soon as it becomes a concern or completely walls off the area and takes it out of the game.

Sol is the equivalent of a game with a bright, colorful set of textures and no physics. Shame.

Bluestone pendant needed a nerf. You all knew bluestone pendant needed a nerf. You chose not to nerf it. In fact, you reverted a planned nerf because it wasn't a hard enough nerf. Well if you think it needs a harder nerf, start with the smaller one and see how it fares. Instead, you left an item that destroyed the tier list in again. Stop trying to make manikin scepter a thing.

Apollo did not need a buff, and you should all be ashamed of yourselves for buffing him.

Awilix did not need a buff, and you should all be ashamed of yourselves for buffing her.

Cabrakan is fine, he's just not in a meta that supports him. If you want to make him more viable give him a new passive since the one he has now is fundamentally pointless on a frontlining damage-dealer, and the numbers it actually gives makes it even more pointless since that's a tiny, TINY amount of damage difference. You could actually just increase his health a tiny bit and it'll have the same effect on him. His problem is he doesn't have a passive.

Chaac needed a buff, but he didn't need to root people with slows to the point that you can successfully play him jungle. A 5% nerf to the massive amount of slows he gets is a joke and an insult. EVERYONE SAW THIS AS IMBALANCED DURING THE PTS AND YOU DID NOT LISTEN TO THEM. Shame on you.

Nox did not need the sort of buff that takes all the difficulty out in using her kit. She still only does single-target damage but now you need beads every time she hits her 1 on anyone. You should be ashamed of yourselves for this as well.

Sobek is still played regularly and he didn't need a buff. He's only not seeing play because of bluestone being the starter item of choice for solo lane warriors. Stop buffing things that don't need it.

Tyr didn't need a protections buff, he needed his ult's cooldown reduced to make up for the fact that blink got a big nerf.

Xing Tian needed a nerf but this wasn't the way to do it. Literally all you had to do was nerf his passive and you couldn't even do that right. You know what else you could've nerfed? Knockups. Beads should stop you from continuing to be displaced in a direction even if you use them in midair. You should just drop down where you're at. There's no reason for knockups to be that strong. He shouldn't be able to kill you AND take your beads at the same time, and frankly, giving him a delay on using his ult doesn't solve that fundamental problem. The cc is at fault, not the god.

I don't know what kind of complete moron was behind this patch, but you need to fire whoever it is right away or transfer them to the janitorial department, because they clearly don't know how this game works.

Speaking of which, nerf Zeus and Ah Puch. The ease of use in using their kit is absurdly high for no good reason. Zeus is especially skill-less. He has two different abilities that are impossible to miss, a giant aoe ult, and a small aoe that's hard to miss as well, all jam-packed with a billion damage. Seriously HiRez, what's wrong with you? Why wasn't Bellona nerfed? Why wasn't Serqet nerfed? Are you that bad at your jobs?

You deserve all of this criticism and more.

Arcos88
10-14-2015, 11:39 AM
Why not just remove sol like kepri was, she is beoned broken. Over 2 weeks now an nothing casual is a mess.....

IrishPotato
10-14-2015, 11:43 AM
Why not just remove sol like kepri was, she is beoned broken. Over 2 weeks now an nothing casual is a mess.....

She's getting some changes in the next patch :)

Najh98
10-14-2015, 12:16 PM
Let me be frank. This is the worst patch I have ever seen HiRez do. By quite a substantial margin, I can just say definitively that I'm deeply ashamed at HiRez's competence to the point that I don't even want to associate with them as a company any more. That's how bad this patch was.

Let me just start with the elephant in the room. Sol. You knew Sol was imbalanced during the pts and you didn't care. You didn't nerf her in any substantial way. You didn't fix the glaring problems in her kit. Nerfing her damage from SSS-tier to SS-tier doesn't help matters at all. No god should be able to take a two minute tower just because they weren't ganked within the first minute of gameplay.

A good company sees a bugged, broken section of a game and either delays the game a few weeks until they can fix the problem, immediately patches the problem as soon as it becomes a concern or completely walls off the area and takes it out of the game.

Sol is the equivalent of a game with a bright, colorful set of textures and no physics. Shame.

Bluestone pendant needed a nerf. You all knew bluestone pendant needed a nerf. You chose not to nerf it. In fact, you reverted a planned nerf because it wasn't a hard enough nerf. Well if you think it needs a harder nerf, start with the smaller one and see how it fares. Instead, you left an item that destroyed the tier list in again. Stop trying to make manikin scepter a thing.

Apollo did not need a buff, and you should all be ashamed of yourselves for buffing him.

Awilix did not need a buff, and you should all be ashamed of yourselves for buffing her.

Cabrakan is fine, he's just not in a meta that supports him. If you want to make him more viable give him a new passive since the one he has now is fundamentally pointless on a frontlining damage-dealer, and the numbers it actually gives makes it even more pointless since that's a tiny, TINY amount of damage difference. You could actually just increase his health a tiny bit and it'll have the same effect on him. His problem is he doesn't have a passive.

Chaac needed a buff, but he didn't need to root people with slows to the point that you can successfully play him jungle. A 5% nerf to the massive amount of slows he gets is a joke and an insult. EVERYONE SAW THIS AS IMBALANCED DURING THE PTS AND YOU DID NOT LISTEN TO THEM. Shame on you.

Nox did not need the sort of buff that takes all the difficulty out in using her kit. She still only does single-target damage but now you need beads every time she hits her 1 on anyone. You should be ashamed of yourselves for this as well.

Sobek is still played regularly and he didn't need a buff. He's only not seeing play because of bluestone being the starter item of choice for solo lane warriors. Stop buffing things that don't need it.

Tyr didn't need a protections buff, he needed his ult's cooldown reduced to make up for the fact that blink got a big nerf.

Xing Tian needed a nerf but this wasn't the way to do it. Literally all you had to do was nerf his passive and you couldn't even do that right. You know what else you could've nerfed? Knockups. Beads should stop you from continuing to be displaced in a direction even if you use them in midair. You should just drop down where you're at. There's no reason for knockups to be that strong. He shouldn't be able to kill you AND take your beads at the same time, and frankly, giving him a delay on using his ult doesn't solve that fundamental problem. The cc is at fault, not the god.

I don't know what kind of complete moron was behind this patch, but you need to fire whoever it is right away or transfer them to the janitorial department, because they clearly don't know how this game works.

Speaking of which, nerf Zeus and Ah Puch. The ease of use in using their kit is absurdly high for no good reason. Zeus is especially skill-less. He has two different abilities that are impossible to miss, a giant aoe ult, and a small aoe that's hard to miss as well, all jam-packed with a billion damage. Seriously HiRez, what's wrong with you? Why wasn't Bellona nerfed? Why wasn't Serqet nerfed? Are you that bad at your jobs?

You deserve all of this criticism and more.

I agree.
/10chars