PDA

View Full Version : Crit Tree Changes

LoudAndAnnoying
09-20-2015, 05:04 AM
So I, and I think a lot of other people, really dislike the crit tree. Not only is it overpowered, it's also RNG based. A lot of the problem comes because they also give great physical power on top of crit damage, and I think one solution is just to lower the physical power from these items.

But what I'd do personally if I were balancing them is rework them to not have RNG. I've thought of alternate stats and passives I think work for all the items on this tree:

Rage:
+25 Physical power
Passive: Every 4th hit will critical doing double damage (non rng form of crits)

Deathbringer:
20 physical power
+10% movement speed
Passive: Allows basic attacks to execute enemies under 10% Hp, and grants a +30 physical power boost for 3 seconds on execution (max 3 stacks)

Malice:
+30 physical power
Passive:
Applies DoT to enemies hit by basic attacks, dealing 100% of your physical power over 3 seconds, refreshes on hit.

Golden Bow:
+35 Physical power
+15 Physical penetration
Passive: Same as current

Now there are crit passives as well but they can easily be replaced:
Artemis: Gain a stack on hit that increases basic attack damage by 5%, max 3 (this deals the same average damage as her 5% crit now)

Hun Batz: After using an ability your next basic attack within 3 seconds will deal 30% more damage (again this is equivalent to the same damage)

Sun Wukong: When below 35% sun wukongs basic attack damage is increased by 10% +1% per level and protections are increased by 10 + 1 per level.

HoneyBadgersrUs
09-26-2015, 08:59 AM
Look, crits really aren't the problem currently. It's that hunters can 100-0 in 2 hits. Albeit crits play a huge role in pulling that off, its a problem with hunters, not crit. There's a huge problem right now about how to tone hunters down while not completely compromising assassins and warriors. Outright removing crits is not what we need right now.

Anyways, did you even think about the consequences of this? I mean so many gods would just be destroyed by this.
-Serqet would be almost unplayable
-Ratatoskr is already forced to buy Opal or Sapphire and with this you would have to buy Sapphire
-Mercury would be thrown even farther out of the meta
-Ne Zha would be pretty terrible
-Ao Kuang and Chronos would have to be banned every single game as their kits are designed to imitate assassin and hunter damage with crit.

I don't even want to start on the redone god passives.

In conclusion, crit has been intertwined into Smite. So many gods are dependent on it. Instead of removing crits from the game, we need to implement new items that really make you choose what you should buy - just as attack speed did until they decided to burn that to the ground.

LoudAndAnnoying
09-26-2015, 09:57 AM
Because there's no way to balance the game with the removal of crits.

Afilia
09-28-2015, 04:51 PM
Instead of removing criticals, they should give more item options for countering them. Right now, the celestial legion helm is the only anti-crit item in smite, and only magical gods can access it. Not to mention it's rarely purchased.

HawkboyJr
09-28-2015, 11:23 PM
Unless you significantly drop the cost of these items, all of them have gone from good to garbage. Hunters also aren't currently a problem in Smite - they are one of the few classes we DON'T frequently see outside of their traditional role and we frequently see other gods encroach on their role.