PDA

View Full Version : Myers Briggs' Personality Test

EmmaMye
09-17-2015, 02:17 PM
Have you ever wondered about your own personality so much, that you searched up a test to see if it would fit your train of thought?

I did and I'm very curious about what you guys think of it. Is it accurate on your personality? Do you think tests like these are complete rubbish? I mostly did it for fun, but I was surprised by how precise it was.

http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

My personality type is INTP-A (The Logician).

Jezereal
09-17-2015, 02:44 PM
Apparently I am a psociopath, according to the test. Not very sure about that websites accuracy.

ImAeternalis
09-17-2015, 02:47 PM
INTP - T

What I get from this is that the test is calling me an intelligent but heartless person.

I don't even know if this is true or not, I honestly am really all over the place. I'm a mess.

Agent2090
09-17-2015, 02:50 PM
PERSONALITY: INTJ ("THE ARCHITECT")

VARIANT: ASSERTIVE

ROLE: ANALYST

I've taken a much more in depth test like this before and got the same result. While there are some things that I feel describe me perfectly, there are others that I don't agree with. INTJ personality types are said to dismiss social courtesies as unnecessary, or even demeaning, but I follow many social courtesies. But I have fallen into the trap of frank honesty and brutal logic in relationships before. I don't see the need for white lies or useless platitudes, but I understand that they are pretty much essential for a relationship with pretty much anyone that doesn't share my "type".

The one I most agree with it the world view of the INTJ type. Seeing the world as an ideal, "what it could be", but understanding that it could never meet that ideal. A simultaneous state of cautious optimism and outright cynicism.

I will have to agree with the statements on friendships that it makes about INTJ types. I have a very hard time respecting those that I see as "intellectual inferiors" and an even harder time finding friends that can handle my type of bluntness and dark humor. As a result, I have a very small circle of friends. That sounds like something that would go under a "con" column, but it suits me quite well. I can be entertained by my own thoughts just as easily as hanging out with friends.

There is very little I can agree with on the "Parenthood" except for a single paragraph:

INTJs also recognize that life is often the best teacher, and they will tend to be fairly liberal, allowing their children to have their own adventures and make their own decisions, further developing these critical thinking skills. This isn't to say that INTJs parents are lenient – far from it – rather, they expect their children to use their freedom responsibly, and often enough the weight of this expectation alone is enough to lay out understood ground rules. When they need to though, INTJ parents will communicate openly and honestly with their children, believing that knowing the truth is better than not knowing, or worse yet, simply being wrong.

This correlates quite well with my own views and would probably be a cornerstone for my parenting methods were I a parent. I am not one to shield a child from the realities of the world. Ignorance is not bliss, ignorance is ignorance. You can not deal with that of which you are ignorant. I would rather have my child educated and disillusioned, rather than unable to deal with a bad situation when one arises.

Overall, I find that this is quite accurate in some areas while wildly off base in others, at least when it comes to my own personality.

Azilo
09-17-2015, 03:36 PM
Personality: INTP ("The Logician")

Variant: Turbulent

Role: Analyst

=v Have at thee?

SeventhArchon
09-17-2015, 03:48 PM
Personality: INFP ("The Mediator")

Variant: Turbulent

Role: Diplomat

The results in itself are pretty confusing and surprisingly spot on in some parts yet completely wrong in others.

IrishPotato
09-17-2015, 04:11 PM
Apparently I'm a Protagonist.

Dmantakae
09-17-2015, 04:14 PM
Personality: ESTJ (“The Executive”)

Variant: Assertive

Role: Sentinel

As 7A said it was spot on with some things, but completely missed the mark on others.

Pokechu212
09-17-2015, 04:55 PM
INTP - T

What I get from this is that the test is calling me an intelligent but heartless person.

I don't even know if this is true or not, I honestly am really all over the place. I'm a mess.
It's your choice to agree or disagree with it. I got the same thing, and, although I think that it's surprisingly accurate (especially for a cheesy personality test), that's not necessarily what I took from it.

Also, INTP ftw.

Did anyone else think of an MMO/MMORPG when they clicked the "Personality Types" tab on the top? No? Ok...

BhastetKurza
09-17-2015, 05:04 PM
Personality: ENTP or "The Debater"

Variant: Assertive

Role: Analyst

It was pretty much 100% spot on.

I enjoy debating because it's fun and I love ripping people's arguments apart and I do indeed value logic over emotions etc.

Pretty cool personality test.

RippleApple
09-17-2015, 06:59 PM
ENFJ. Teacher.

EmmaMye
09-17-2015, 11:53 PM
But I have fallen into the trap of frank honesty and brutal logic in relationships before. I don't see the need for white lies or useless platitudes, but I understand that they are pretty much essential for a relationship

Sadly, or not-so-sadly, I find myself on the same page as you; where lies and beating around the bush is completely pointless. It's much easier to get to the point instantly, but it so happens that I end up not knowing what to talk about after the point has been made. I end up being quiet and thinking as, well, always.

I agree that some parts of the test is way off, but I found that more than half of it fit my own personality hauntingly well. However, I think it depends on how many percent you had on the different areas. The more precise, the more the results fit your type.

It's quite amusing to me that there are so many INTPs here compared to other, more popular, personalities (according to statistics, only 3-4% of the 'test subjects' are INTP).

Trisitella
09-18-2015, 01:30 AM
Your Results
PERSONALITY: INFP ("THE MEDIATOR")

VARIANT: TURBULENT

ROLE: DIPLOMAT

Idk.. I dont really know myself that well to be honest :/

SeventhArchon
09-18-2015, 01:53 AM
Your Results
PERSONALITY: INFP ("THE MEDIATOR")

ROLE: DIPLOMAT

Idk.. I dont really know myself that well to be honest :/

So you have exactly the same as me ;3

KingScuba
09-18-2015, 03:18 AM
executive I be. I agree. I can take leadership of things extremely easily.

i am happy that “Boromir” from The Lord of the Rings is also counted among the ESTJ clan.

Gromun
09-18-2015, 07:13 AM
YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:
DEFENDER (ISFJ-A)

ROLE: SENTINEL

p.s. most questions so common for every psycho-test, cant say that is gave me any new info, but i love tests lol

and accuracy of this test in my opinion more truth then false (60-70%)

theKeltz
09-19-2015, 12:02 AM
ISTP "virtuoso"
http://www.16personalities.com/istp-personality

*reads*
'... Role:assertive'

http://videisimo.net/sites/default/files/xhombres8.jpg.pagespeed.ic.pAJKii6aTe.jpg

Apparently I'm spontaneous at times while reserved at others.

Also very very very stubborn. I know that is true, often to a point of self destructiveness. Such as the time I ate a whole (12?) oz bag of sunflower seeds, shell and all. Don't ever make that mistake yet who reads this. And that's just one of many cautionary tells I have.

AlexEvilSnowman
09-19-2015, 04:35 PM
Infj ("the advocate")

Can't believe i am one of those 1%.

RamenFrog
09-20-2015, 12:47 AM
Got INTJ-T.

I've noticed it's mostly correct about me but it makes me out to be super arrogant and cold which I don't think I'm as bad as this article seems to make it out to be. Then again I could be wrong.

AmbyD
09-20-2015, 01:40 AM
Hm, took the test a few times and I kept switching between INFJ-T and ISFJ-A. After reading both, I can definitely see some elements of both in me. I might actually be a hybrid of the two if that's even a thing.

Agent2090
09-20-2015, 04:16 AM
Hm, took the test a few times and I kept switching between INFJ-T and ISFJ-A. After reading both, I can definitely see some elements of both in me. I might actually be a hybrid of the two if that's even a thing.

Most people can't be categorized into just one type. Because everyone is different. My type has stuff in it that is the polar opposite of what I am, but it also has stuff that's absolutely spot on.

What the test does is show you the type that has the most traits in common with you, rather than what you really are.

BlueFast
09-20-2015, 01:09 PM

And it came with one of my favorite quotes. Probably to go into my signature.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

-Harlan Ellison

I'd say mine is pretty accurate, though. I respect facts more than opinions, like to get stuff done, have high confidence, but I'm kind of a dick. Yep, pretty accurate.

EmmaMye
09-20-2015, 01:57 PM

And it came with one of my favorite quotes. Probably to go into my signature.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

-Harlan Ellison

I'd say mine is pretty accurate, though. I respect facts more than opinions, like to get stuff done, have high confidence, but I'm kind of a dick. Yep, pretty accurate.

Lol, I feel you.

CeleritéSarah
10-10-2015, 01:20 AM
I've taken the test over 5 times and land right on the border of INTP/INTJ. It generally depends who I'm with. If I'm with another intellectual who I respect I will be more on the INTP side. If I'm around people who I don't respect or I see as inferior I am INTJ.

SamDerp
10-10-2015, 05:31 PM
I'm an INTJ. My friends say I'm sociopathic. The difference is, I don't display my emotions. I use logic in scenarios where people would use emotion. I would kill four people to save five people.

Shaman
10-10-2015, 08:27 PM
I could've sworn we had this topic already, anyways I'm a INFP, The mediator.

"Poetic, kind and altruistic people, always eager to help a good cause."

All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost.
J. R. R. Tolkien

CeleritéSarah
10-12-2015, 09:31 PM
I'm an INTJ. My friends say I'm sociopathic. The difference is, I don't display my emotions. I use logic in scenarios where people would use emotion. I would kill four people to save five people.

I use logic too. I'd kill the person forcing you to kill the other people. Unless the other people did something stupid, then I wouldn't feel bad.

Glances
10-14-2015, 05:00 PM
The MBTI takes Carl Jungs theory and mutilates it into an ill thought out personality test.
I'm certain that most people who claim they're INTJ are not INTJs at all.
Likewise with those claiming they're INTP... And then those who think they're stuck in between.

The order of how active/ developed your 4 cognitive functions are determines your type.
Not exactly about your preference of either... I prefer to "Read a book" or "Go to a party" or "I do things by feeling" and "I do things by logic".

RippleApple
10-15-2015, 06:24 AM
The MBTI takes Carl Jungs theory and mutilates it into an ill thought out personality test.
Likewise with those claiming they're INTP... And then those who think they're stuck in between.

The order of how active/ developed your 4 cognitive functions are determines your type.
Not exactly about your preference of either... I prefer to "Read a book" or "Go to a party" or "I do things by feeling" and "I do things by logic".

And I prefer to teach.

Discon3ct3d
10-15-2015, 01:56 PM
ISFP-A

Adventurer.....

till I took an arrow to the knee.

Glances
10-15-2015, 03:47 PM
And I prefer to teach.

Me INTJ
I prefer to strategize :rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:

CeleritéSarah
10-15-2015, 07:14 PM

I can assure you I've taken multiple different tests and have had the same results. I had to take said test in high school for one of my classes and got INTJ. Whether you believe me or not is not my problem.

Glances
10-16-2015, 02:19 PM
I can assure you I've taken multiple different tests and have had the same results. I had to take said test in high school for one of my classes and got INTJ.

Considering the fact all MBTI tests are cut from the same cloth, of course one is likely to get the same type every test.
I assure you I have assured myself with the above by getting typed INTJ myself by every single MBTIs taken.
The problem is not the inconsistencies in the test results, it is how over simplified the MBTI is when it's stemming from a complex theory.

Shaman
10-16-2015, 04:23 PM
I know some teachers that will say this describes me perfectly..

"INFPs have very high standards and are perfectionists. Consequently, they are usually hard on themselves, and don't give themselves enough credit. "

Nalessa
10-16-2015, 05:28 PM
PERSONALITY: INTP ("THE LOGICIAN")

For me.

Alot of it seems like I can relate to it alot, some parts are kinda meh though :p

Myrkulyte
10-16-2015, 05:56 PM
PERSONALITY: INTP ("THE LOGICIAN")

For me.

Alot of it seems like I can relate to it alot, some parts are kinda meh though :p
What does turbulent means?

Nalessa
10-17-2015, 11:59 AM
Kinda like hectic I think?

I think it refers to my mind being all over the place when I think of stuff :p

Myrkulyte
10-17-2015, 12:20 PM
Kinda like hectic I think?

I think it refers to my mind being all over the place when I think of stuff :p

Like you can`t concentrate or it`s just that your mind have so many ideas that you can`t sort them out?

Nalessa
10-18-2015, 03:31 AM
Depends on what I do.

I've never been good at studying, it bored me to death, but I can read for example band of brothers and have no problem at all getting into that, completely seeing what's being described in my head with how they describe people/scenes.

But when something bores me, or while eating or w/e the silliest things can come up in my mind like "What if aliens were to land on my lawn" or "Wouldn't it be cool if I had the same powers as Dr. Manhattan" "I can't wait for elder scrolls 6 to come out, I hope it takes place in highrock or something" etc etc.

I guess that's also why I don't care about a smartphone, if I have to wait somewhere I don't feel the need to have something in my hands and such, I just start thinking about weird things to keep me occupied :p

Myrkulyte
10-18-2015, 04:47 AM
Depends on what I do.

I've never been good at studying, it bored me to death, but I can read for example band of brothers and have no problem at all getting into that, completely seeing what's being described in my head with how they describe people/scenes.

But when something bores me, or while eating or w/e the silliest things can come up in my mind like "What if aliens were to land on my lawn" or "Wouldn't it be cool if I had the same powers as Dr. Manhattan" "I can't wait for elder scrolls 6 to come out, I hope it takes place in highrock or something" etc etc.

I guess that's also why I don't care about a smartphone, if I have to wait somewhere I don't feel the need to have something in my hands and such, I just start thinking about weird things to keep me occupied :p
Sounds cool. I would like to be the same. But I don`t have enough imagination

CeleritéSarah
10-18-2015, 12:29 PM
Considering the fact all MBTI tests are cut from the same cloth, of course one is likely to get the same type every test.
I assure you I have assured myself with the above by getting typed INTJ myself by every single MBTIs taken.
The problem is not the inconsistencies in the test results, it is how over simplified the MBTI is when it's stemming from a complex theory.

There's not an easy way to test it though.
Categorizing people is nearly impossible because of every little detail that can skew the results. If they tried to accurately test everybody, it would take years of observation and DNA analysis, billions of dollars, and almost everybody would have their own group. They have to use vague and basic details otherwise it wouldn't ever work.

Glances
10-18-2015, 04:53 PM
There's not an easy way to test it though.
Categorizing people is nearly impossible because of every little detail that can skew the results. If they tried to accurately test everybody, it would take years of observation and DNA analysis, billions of dollars, and almost everybody would have their own group. They have to use vague and basic details otherwise it wouldn't ever work.

It is the very fact that the MBTI uses vague and basic details of the parent Jungian theory to make it work that makes it subject to criticism, especially when it's trying to present itself as a tool for categorization
Whether it is easy or not to categorize people is not the main problem. The main problem that needs to be addressed first is can people be categorized or not appropriately through personality psychology.
The MBTI is an attempt at answering and a poor attempt at that in the field.
The difficulty in research is an illusion when it is unknown whether the task can be seen completed or not.

I forgot to preface that I do find the MBTI to be a fun little fortune cookie.

CeleritéSarah
10-18-2015, 10:39 PM
It is the very fact that the MBTI uses vague and basic details of the parent Jungian theory to make it work that makes it subject to criticism, especially when it's trying to present itself as a tool for categorization
Whether it is easy or not to categorize people is not the main problem. The main problem that needs to be addressed first is can people be categorized or not appropriately through personality psychology.
The MBTI is an attempt at answering and a poor attempt at that in the field.
The difficulty in research is an illusion when it is unknown whether the task can be seen completed or not.

I forgot to preface that I do find the MBTI to be a fun little fortune cookie.

Let me rephrase that.
It's an attempt by humans to categorize other people because that's what people do, even though there's no solid way to categorize people because all categorizations are based on opinions.

Glances
10-19-2015, 12:11 PM
Let me rephrase that.
It's an attempt by humans to categorize other people because that's what people do, even though there's no solid way to categorize people because all categorizations are based on opinions.

:rolleyes:

Loulina
10-28-2015, 11:21 AM
I, ENTJ, salute you. I did this test long ago. it was a very long test and i got very bored.

I am not sure if this test is the real test. it was really long. there were lots of control questions inside it,cross control questions etc etc

Enigmatisty
10-29-2015, 08:03 PM
Apparently I'm an ENTP, turbulent variant, analyst, and my strategy is social engagement.
--
I'd say this is spot-on. I do like to argue on topics that have some kind of value to me and I certainly do have a great imagination, but I can never bring myself to focus on one idea for a long time.
If it wasn't for being in a religious family that hates my guts for being different and such, I'd definitely be more outgoing.
I also do like to argue about controversial topics. Hell, I'm sure I'm this personality is because of one example. Once I was picked to represent a party in my global history class in 12th grade and they were for the opinion that immigration should be outlawed. This was all for showing an example of political discussions, so we didn't have to actually agree with our party's opinions.
I'm naturally against banning immigration as I wouldn't be the same person or even here if my parents never decided to come here, but it just clicked and I literally ripped the opposing party's speaker out. Roasted him so hard the class went crazy.