PDA

View Full Version : Is rape culture a myth created by feminist and the media.

Foxo536
08-29-2015, 04:26 PM
What do u think?

KingScuba
08-29-2015, 07:49 PM
not really. It's simply a part of english language that adopts different meanings to words, while other people are simply blowing it out of proportion to try advancing their own agenda.

ImAeternalis
08-29-2015, 08:15 PM
It's another thing the feminists use to further their agenda. Basically everything they say is a lie.

regmckie
09-12-2015, 11:00 PM
In my opinion, Rape Culture isn't a myth. It's a real issue that a lot of women, and men, have to face. It's people who don't agree with the feminist movement that think it's a "myth" or an "idea run by the media". In an age where everyone is becoming so sexualized, it's easy to see why people think that it's a myth.

A lot of the time people blame the victim of rape, or they slut shame, which is absolutely wrong and disgusting. It's really simple, but for some reason, it's difficult for people to wrap their minds around the concept: if you don't want sexual advances made towards you, then you shouldn't. I don't see why people think it's a "myth" or a "media ideology".

KingScuba
09-15-2015, 08:46 PM
....except rape isn't normal?

Rape culture is literally rape becoming a social norm. It'd be like walking down the park, seeing someone getting raped, then walking along without one care. If rape culture existed, we wouldn't be sending people to prison with 10~15 year sentences constantly. Furthermore, if you did some research, you'd find that rapes have declined steadily since the 1970s (At least in the USA)

Furthermore, there's also Statutory rape, which is also considered rape.

On the same token, it happens a lot... But so does murder, theft, drugs, and a myriad of other things. Let's put some numbers to these crimes.

There we 79k reports of rape in the USA back in 2013. (Remember, some rape cases weren't reported while some cases were fake reports)

There was 14k confirmed murders (not including kidnapping, missing persons, or unsolved cases)

There were 724k cases of Aggravated Assault (but we all know assault isn't reported that much actually...)

There were 1,928,465 Burglaries

There were 6,004,453 counts of theft.

This means at a population of of 316 million here in the states during 2013....

1 in 3963 people will be raped

1 in 22,268 will be murdered

1 in 437 will be assaulted (Though it's probably more like 1 in 40)

1 in 164 will have their property broken into

1 in 53 will be a victim of theft.

Gromun
09-15-2015, 09:01 PM
dunno what exactly means when you say "rape culture", what i can say, is that in India every 4th raped by someone, it is cancer of India, and is it terrible, is it feminists or media propoganda? nope, i dont think so

ImAeternalis
09-16-2015, 05:38 AM
dunno what exactly means when you say "rape culture", what i can say, is that in India every 4th raped by someone, it is cancer of India, and is it terrible, is it feminists or media propoganda? nope, i dont think so

Then feminism needs to move over to where it's a real issue and stop being a cancer in America.

Trisitella
09-16-2015, 01:27 PM
Then feminism needs to move over to where it's a real issue and stop being a cancer in America.

I can agree with this as far as America and Canada go, I dont feel like we 'need' feminism.
I agree with the notion of egalitarianism, but it is unfortunate that the true intentions of the people who started feminism is lost, and is now over shadowed by women who seem to want more than equality..

Other countries on the other side of the world, where women are still considered property however, do need some sort of support and equality movement. And by that, I mean where you can get raped, but its still your fault, and you are now sentenced to death for it, like that one little girl, who was raped so hard she had to be sent to the hospital due to ruptured organs and internal bleeding(If I recall correctly), and people surrounded the hospital demanding her release, so she could be stoned. The little girl asked for her father repetitively, oblivious to the fact that he led the movement to have her stoned. :c
These countries need some sort of equality movement.

America and Canada, is fine for the most part.

Does rape happen? Yes. Every day. If rape culture exists its for one reason: To many people use the word rape too freely, and because of that, it is not taken seriously for legitimate victims. So many cases were found out to be false, and it ruins it for people who are actually in need of aid.

But that is just my 2 cents.

RippleApple
09-16-2015, 02:16 PM
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/helen-mirren-does-not-like-mens-arms-around-girlfriends-shoulders-2015159

These people need to shut the heck up. Real egalitarians see women as equal to men, and thus able to grab hold of what they want to do. Trash like her see women as toddlers who need people to take care of them. Personality makes women like this inferior, not biology.

It's entirely possible people like this were required at some point, but they've LONG outlived their usefulness to society. Their opinion no longer holds any merit.

When a hug turns into domination play in your mind then you're on the piss.

ImAeternalis
09-16-2015, 04:31 PM
I can agree with this as far as America and Canada go, I dont feel like we 'need' feminism.
I agree with the notion of egalitarianism, but it is unfortunate that the true intentions of the people who started feminism is lost, and is now over shadowed by women who seem to want more than equality..

Other countries on the other side of the world, where women are still considered property however, do need some sort of support and equality movement. And by that, I mean where you can get raped, but its still your fault, and you are now sentenced to death for it, like that one little girl, who was raped so hard she had to be sent to the hospital due to ruptured organs and internal bleeding(If I recall correctly), and people surrounded the hospital demanding her release, so she could be stoned. The little girl asked for her father repetitively, oblivious to the fact that he led the movement to have her stoned. :c

Does rape happen? Yes. Every day. If rape culture exists its for one reason: To many people use the word rape too freely, and because of that, it is not taken seriously for legitimate victims. So many cases were found out to be false, and it ruins it for people who are actually in need of aid.

Women in the US technically have more rights than men.

They always win divorce cases, they can turn on the tears and get whatever they want, social etiquette favors them.

SeventhArchon
09-16-2015, 05:30 PM

I have huge respect for people who put aside their own gender in equality matters.
I also support equality in places where men are clearly dominant, but humanity has to watch it from going too far (see feminism and the other big thread).

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/helen-mirren-does-not-like-mens-arms-around-girlfriends-shoulders-2015159

These people need to shut the heck up. Real egalitarians see women as equal to men, and thus able to grab hold of what they want to do. Trash like her see women as toddlers who need people to take care of them. Personality makes women like this inferior, not biology.

It's entirely possible people like this were required at some point, but they've LONG outlived their usefulness to society. Their opinion no longer holds any merit.

When a hug turns into domination play in your mind then you're on the piss.
Sometimes some people just go too far. What should be done? Throw such statements into the trash. Don't mess around with it. Don't give it media coverage. Let it be forgotten and irrelevant. Nothing less but also nothing more.

They always win divorce cases, they can turn on the tears and get whatever they want, social etiquette favors them.
Depending on place.
I don't live in the US, but I still live in a very civilized area (central Europe). It pretty much varies from house to house.
As for legal terms any data on this is highly inaccurate.
I do believe law is severely flawed worldwide and strongly biased. And in some places (you'll know the US a lot better than me, so I'll leave this part to you) women can indeed pull men around on strings.

Vanterfield
09-16-2015, 09:59 PM

A divorce case isn't something you can "win"

RippleApple
09-16-2015, 10:52 PM

Except when you get everything the man owns, the kids, the family animals, and a large chunk of his soul in the process, while you're having four different lovers at the same time and he did nothing wrong. I'd say that's a victory.

Boatmurdered
09-17-2015, 04:38 AM
Except when you get everything the man owns, the kids, the family animals, and a large chunk of his soul in the process, while you're having four different lovers at the same time and he did nothing wrong. I'd say that's a victory.
Well...that got dark. Not to say you're wrong, but still dark.

It would be nice if we could all be treated equally for everything. That being said both genders would need to adjust to the new responsibilities they'd be required to take up, but in the long run would be worth it.

And I just realized who the person that made this topic is, which explains a lot.

Myrkulyte
09-20-2015, 04:19 PM
What is rape culture?

ImAeternalis
09-20-2015, 05:16 PM

Ignorant and biased comment. Read below to completely nullify your statement.

And I just realized who the person that made this topic is, which explains a lot.

Who? I really don't know the whole story.

ImAeternalis
09-20-2015, 05:17 PM
What is rape culture?

A fictional community that is only hell bent on raping women.

It's something that feminists made up to further their agenda.

RippleApple
09-20-2015, 07:41 PM
What is rape culture?

It's something people respond with whenever you propose someone have a tiny bit of common sense regarding sexual promiscuity, trying to control everyone but themselves and trying to break societal conventions instead of having the tiniest shred of public decency.

"Hey, maybe don't run around naked in public, someone uncouth might rape you."
"FK U ELITIST MISOGYNIST RAPE CULTURE SUPPORTING PIG"

That's generally how that conversation goes with a tumblrette.

Trisitella
09-20-2015, 08:28 PM
Who? I really don't know the whole story.

Someone who was banned more than once, Dman decided to be merciful and lifted it, and the person went on a spamming spree of making threads tittle "What if feels like to be op" in which there was links to a video of a man taking scissors and cutting live crabs, open, and then poking their insides, and watching them twitch in pain.

(Hope saying that isnt against the rules, mods can edit this comment if it is, sorry)

BhastetKurza
09-20-2015, 09:22 PM
Rape goes both ways.

This world has a bad habit of favouring women over men in every situation simply because woman can make themselves look defenseless and weak infront of a man who is deemed to be more "powerful".

What people don't understand is the power of pathos and that women can abuse this more than any creature in existence.

It's sad that we live in a world where people think that men cannot be raped by women simply because men "want it" apparently.

I've had girls want to rape me and ontop of that call me gay and spread rumours about me being homosexual simply because I did not want to have sex with her.

This is the kind of world we live in.

A world that believes all men are sex hungry dogs who will do anything to get at the tenderloin that is a woman's body.

Rape culture is a myth founded upon the folly of society.

ImAeternalis
09-21-2015, 09:06 PM
Someone who was banned more than once, Dman decided to be merciful and lifted it, and the person went on a spamming spree of making threads tittle "What if feels like to be op" in which there was links to a video of a man taking scissors and cutting live crabs, open, and then poking their insides, and watching them twitch in pain.

(Hope saying that isnt against the rules, mods can edit this comment if it is, sorry)

So is that who Foxo and a couple other accounts were?

I'm not a guy who's like "omg don't kill animals I'm a whimp" but it bothered me to see that. I'm a happy meat eater but actually seeing the deed be done bothers me.

Bleh.

IrishPotato
09-22-2015, 10:38 AM

You aren't breaking any rules, and even if you were in this case I'd let if go. We all would. I keep a very close eye on random cupid head accounts now.

LoudAndAnnoying
09-30-2015, 10:16 AM

I'm not a guy who's like "omg don't kill animals I'm a whimp" but it bothered me to see that. I'm a happy meat eater but actually seeing the deed be done bothers me.

Bleh.

So you will have animals killed for you, but not kill them yourself? Some might call that hypocritical or whimpy, but I don't see how having a moral objection is.

SirBrickington
10-03-2015, 10:42 AM
What do u think?

What people call rape culture is an absolute joke. I was nicer in the feminism thread because we're talking about people. This concept is one of the most offensive and absurd lies ever conceived, when you consider it. This is purely scrutiny of the first world, when there are women in other countries who don't have the benefit to think of absurdities like this, because they're actually in danger of being raped.

Agent2090
10-03-2015, 10:51 AM
This picture perfectly illustrates the feminist rape culture argument:

http://new4.fjcdn.com/pictures/Glass_9f9f3d_5393614.jpg

SirBrickington
10-05-2015, 11:29 PM

Bleh.
Nothing like that even remotely bothers me. It's not some travesty, just a little bit icky if you're unfamiliar with it.

LoudAndAnnoying
10-09-2015, 07:44 PM
Nothing like that even remotely bothers me. It's not some travesty, just a little bit icky if you're unfamiliar with it.

Jesus, why does everyone in this subforum think they can challenge anything said with no attempt at rationalizing their views... This post can be replaced with the word "No" for how much reason it gives.

IrishPotato
10-09-2015, 08:41 PM
Jesus, why does everyone in this subforum think they can challenge anything said with no attempt at rationalizing their views... This post can be replaced with the word "No" for how much reason it gives.

That makes no sense...

LoudAndAnnoying
10-09-2015, 09:37 PM
That makes no sense...

Ya it kind of does. His thread lacks any significant substance and can be substituted with the word no to the same end effect.

RippleApple
10-10-2015, 02:06 AM
Ya it kind of does. His thread lacks any significant substance and can be substituted with the word no to the same end effect.

And yet you add absolutely nothing of note to any thread you go into except insults toward other people for not living up to your standards.