PDA

View Full Version : PTS: The Indomitable Spirit Patch Notes | 09/01

Kaostic
08-26-2015, 04:48 PM
http://hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/smite-web/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Blog_XingTian.jpg

Xing Tian, The Relentless will be entering the battlefield on 1st September, 2015.

Read More... (http://www.smitegame.com/pts-the-indomitable-spirit/)

Xing Tian God Reveal (http://www.smitegame.com/promo/god-reveal/xing-tian/)

LEEMAGRI
08-26-2015, 04:52 PM
where can i see the god rveal page

McKnightrider
08-26-2015, 04:54 PM
Wow, getting lazy with posting the patch notes huh? Maybe I'll edit it in once I've read through everything.

GongsunYiru
08-26-2015, 04:54 PM

It is here: http://www.smitegame.com/promo/god-reveal/xing-tian/

Fusionsamurai
08-26-2015, 04:59 PM
Buffs for Mercury?
http://dynastyfootballwarehouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/aa.jpg

Everything is great. This was a pretty great patch overall.

Kaostic
08-26-2015, 05:00 PM

Added to the OP

Wow, getting lazy with posting the patch notes huh? Maybe I'll edit it in once I've read through everything.

If you knew how long I spent on the patch notes today, you'd not be saying this :P. We've decided to move them the main website rather than on the forums. I would appreciate you not replicating them for the forums because it could create inconsistencies in the versions if anything gets updated.

Fênrîr
08-26-2015, 05:04 PM
I really wish the notes would say how the new (non recolor and non mastery) skin is going to be obtained.

According to a twitter post the Fenrir skin is tagged as "only available through special promotions and events" which means it is not a standard t2 skin like people were claiming it to be.

Azilo
08-26-2015, 05:05 PM
We've decided to move them the main website rather than on the forums.

Aw, but I liked reading them on the forums.

Syelle
08-26-2015, 05:07 PM
This patch is actually really good.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/138/246/tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

GongsunYiru
08-26-2015, 05:09 PM
I can't wait to try out the new guardian.

TheGodOfCrazy
08-26-2015, 05:11 PM
The ultimate looks like the most fun thing to do in Assault :D

Their team standing all in tower, Xing Tian comes along: "Yeah, nope, not gonna let you stay in there"

xAngelOfMercyx
08-26-2015, 05:12 PM
When does the PTS go up?

McKnightrider
08-26-2015, 05:12 PM
I really wish the notes would say how the new (non recolor and non mastery) skin is going to be obtained.

According to a twitter post the Fenrir skin is tagged as "only available through special promotions and events" which means it is not a standard t2 skin like people were claiming it to be.

Typically that means its a chest roll....or are we getting EVEN MORE SEASON TICKET REWARDS!! but no, its probably a chest roll.

Goobis
08-26-2015, 05:13 PM
I really wish patchnotes would state the price of skins or whether they are Exclusive/Limited or not.

SeventhArchon
08-26-2015, 05:15 PM
Can we get a forum version please?

I really wish patchnotes would state the price of skins or whether they are Exclusive/Limited or not.

^

CountlessClouds
08-26-2015, 05:22 PM
He looks delicious. Can't wait.
I didn't quite catch what he said about the sale and free gems though.

Kaostic
08-26-2015, 05:26 PM
Can we get a forum version please?

I would appreciate you not replicating them for the forums because it could create inconsistencies in the versions if anything gets updated.

We've moved the main blog as we only had the forum patch notes as legacy.

ImAeternalis
08-26-2015, 05:55 PM
Another lazy patch.

Xing tian is interesting, but this patch is just insanely lazy.

Kaostic
08-26-2015, 05:58 PM
Another lazy patch.

Xing tian is interesting, but this patch is just insanely lazy.

Why do you say that?

McKnightrider
08-26-2015, 06:00 PM
Why do you say that?

Because it's ImAeternalis and he hates everything, including puppies.

Azilo
08-26-2015, 06:07 PM
Why do you say that?

You guys should really add the prices of new skins and how to obtain them. You also should bring the patchnotes back to the forum.

Idk about Aeternalis, but I am disappointed because Drybear freaking LIED. He said next patch there would be a god/goddess, which at the time, meant /this/ patch =v *is upset* Thought we'd get two gods in one patch.

Ichimarou
08-26-2015, 06:09 PM
<<<<<<Just keeps waiting for Nu Wa Skin.:(

ImAeternalis
08-26-2015, 06:20 PM
Why do you say that?

Joust has needed a rework since the middle of season 1. The Zeus rework is long overdue. Xing Tian is really cool, he'll hopefully fend of the idiots that think automatically that guardian = support. I just feel that hirez is like a dad that never fulfills his promise.

"sure, son, i'll take you to Disney world."

10 years later he does so.

I'm just sick of all the resources are going into increasing the god count and not improving on the game itself. Quality over quantity.

Because it's ImAeternalis and he hates everything, including puppies.

I love puppies. Got two dogs of my own and I wouldn't give them up for the world.

I hate when a company makes an amazing game and then messes it up over, and over, and over again with updates. (See Mojang)

I mean, even the performance has been messed up. Why does my computer run smite at 6 fps when it used to run at 60 or more, and why does it get even worse at the lowest settings? I have done literally everything to try to fix it and have gotten no results. Name it and I've done it. It's smite, not my pc.

Why does smite seem to falsely advertize?

"Skillshot based"

"Boss fight to end the game"

Most gods in the game are button mashers and the titan can be killed by a glass of water and some bread.

I love smite, but I have opposite feelings for the company that owns it. I mean, Kaostic is a cool guy and even the volunteer mods are pretty good, but the people who make the game are just not up to snuff.

Season 1 was some of the best time I've ever had in gaming ever. I'm just biased.

Idk about Aeternalis, but I am disappointed because Drybear freaking LIED. He said next patch there would be a god/goddess, which at the time, meant /this/ patch =v *is upset* Thought we'd get two gods in one patch.

God/goddess means a god or a goddess, not both...

GongsunYiru
08-26-2015, 06:27 PM

Oh well, soon hopefully.

Azilo
08-26-2015, 06:34 PM
God/goddess means a god or a goddess, not both...

Hello~ By two I meant Xing and another god to come with him.

IFlip92
08-26-2015, 06:37 PM
What about a actual Nox skin since she is so awesome now? She barely has any...

This patch brings an awesome looking God with lots of potential (I can even see him in the jungle, pouncing on people with that 3 and then ultying them towards his tower or his team for an absolute kill secure) but I'm not sure about some of the changes to some items. Some of them seem like they can become OP or make some Gods OP. Eg. you can no longer stop an ADC/Anubis/Freya who's stacked lifesteal items now because Creeping Curse won't be doing it's job. And if a Guardian builds Mail of Renewal and Breastplate of Valor together now they might never have to base at all any more. Even more so if you see an Athena or Xing Tian jungler with this new Mail of Renewal... Gods help us...

Oh and Guan Yu is gonna have OP healing on demand now.

GodlySparta
08-26-2015, 07:03 PM
The sacrifices for an Ao Kuang nerf. They also buffed as well! Why Hi Rez? Why!? At least Guan Yu got buffed and Kumbhakarna I have to complain about. Kumbhakarna was actually is a very powerful god overall. It's just that he's really slow but if he hits you even once, you need to at least sacrifice some beads or something.
Xing Tian looks so awesome it's really hard to resist not to buy him. His kit's stats are off the charts, but he's just a very powerful god none the less. At least he's easier to nerf rather than Khepri that will change his game play style in every way. Good Job with Xing Tian though but he has a head... D:

Richardgold
08-26-2015, 07:33 PM
When is the Pts up?

CountlessClouds
08-26-2015, 08:18 PM
You are not alone

Najh98
08-26-2015, 09:07 PM
So... The diamond Janus skin that was supposed to be in a patch, just got ignored, I assume?

GoldenSkill
08-26-2015, 11:21 PM
Nice, i like the guan yu buff.
the new god looks fun, could be better if he was a warrior

pewk
08-27-2015, 12:18 AM
So you nerfed Ne Zha's hp passive to the garbage that it is now just to accomodate this new gods crap passive... smh

frenzy64
08-27-2015, 02:10 AM
http://hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/smite-web/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/XingTian_Default_Card.jpg
http://hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/smite-web/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Banner_Fenrir_Ragnarok.jpg
http://hzweb.hi-rezgame.net/smite-web/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/XingTian_CCskin_Card.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ae/e3/60/aee3604824de1805e8c6293e2882d640.jpg

Nightingal3
08-27-2015, 05:40 AM
If I could sum up my feelings about this patch in one sentence... it would be:

NOW YOU WILL KNOW PAIN.

Nightr0d
08-27-2015, 12:43 PM
The Ao nerf was not necessary. He's a mage and his abilities did damage like a mage. People just could not handle a magical jungler that's all. Nobody bothers to get magical def when there's an ADC. As usual, HiREZ nerfs AO but leaves ADC completely untouched. I like how ADC are ranged Assassins, super safe with cc and mobility but nobody complains about that! Apollo can ult you from across the map and can escape as easily as well. Nope, Ao is the problem obviously.

I don't see Ao doing more damage than Pos, Agni, Scylla, Isis etc... But they are OK while Ao gets a nerf? I have not seen AO be the Holy Grail of Smite even in SPL. Even if he's picked I have not seen him carry the game. The fear mongering of him being OP is too absurd.

Oh and the Healing nerf is beyond stupid. Now Herc, Ra, Hel, Aphro etc.. all the healers/self healers will become substantially more powerful (even now 1 healer win you the game if not countered, you fight then heal then fight and win). New Healer Meta incoming 3...2...1...

Kaostic
08-27-2015, 01:32 PM
Joust has needed a rework since the middle of season 1. The Zeus rework is long overdue. Xing Tian is really cool, he'll hopefully fend of the idiots that think automatically that guardian = support. I just feel that hirez is like a dad that never fulfills his promise.

"sure, son, i'll take you to Disney world."

10 years later he does so.

I'm just sick of all the resources are going into increasing the god count and not improving on the game itself. Quality over quantity.

You're saying this like Zeus / Joust was announced months and months ago? The Joust Map teaser was during gamescom two weeks ago. Zeus was teased about a month ago. The key word here is "teased".

Fênrîr
08-27-2015, 04:48 PM
Wasn't it already said by Hi-Rez that the Zeus rework was teased extremely early? Meaning it is not going to be anytime soon.

KAKLAW
08-27-2015, 05:51 PM
So no jungle practice?
So every Xing Tian is basically learning to play him in a baptism by fire way?

Also cut the knockup time his ult does.

Ichimarou
08-27-2015, 06:07 PM
Wasn't it already said by Hi-Rez that the Zeus rework was teased extremely early? Meaning it is not going to be anytime soon.

Yes they did.

But dont you dare and try to explain that to the community.:p

IrishPotato
08-27-2015, 11:33 PM

Drybear was talking about this in one of his most recent videos. He said that he was no longer working on it as someone else was taking his place (due to his move to Paladins). From how he worded it, it didn't sound like they were finished.

lNogard
08-28-2015, 03:58 AM
I hate the fact that i can't even make a custom match to see things by myself, you will NEVER make me play Conquest. Not even in the PTS, i'm staying away from that cancer, even if it costs me not trying out the new god and skins.

Fl3shpound
08-28-2015, 06:28 AM
So.... how much for a Ragnarok Fenrir chest??

Also,does "Rayquoza" Kukulkan goes for Oddysey??

Edit:Xing Tian will be very funny on release for any mode expect Arena(since it is not funny for me to receive Quadra/Penta on it)

PapaRodin
08-28-2015, 07:22 AM
Played a game of Xing Tian mid. It was fairly terrible because of some bugs, some things I missread and my team being bad.

1. His passive not stacking on minions.
The description clearly states "Enemies", which includes minions, yet the ability does not get stacks from hitting them, only from hitting gods. This takes away pretty much all the sustain he would have/could have had in lane and thus, a lot of his potencial aggressiveness.

2. Furious Roar in general.
Now there is a lot at odd with this ability.
-The description in the patch notes is simply wrong. The DoT effect of this ability does not affect minions, only gods, the ingame description mirrors this. Not knowing this, I went into mid lane believing to have solid clear but...yeah, I didn't.
-The scaling is apparently higher as the patch notes implied. I think it may actually be 70% instead of 40%, which is decent but still a disappointment considering that we lost the DoT for this.
-The ability has a huge delay upon use, making it very hard hit it consistently.

In my opinion, the ability should be exactly as the Patch Notes posted here describe. Less scaling, DoT on all affected targets.

3. Hook Slam
I am not as hyped for this ability as I probably could be. I feel like the cooldown as is may be a little bit too long. 15 seconds, 16 perhaps sounds about right to me. The targeter on this needs a little bit time to get used to, but is doable. Very similiar in usage to Bellonas 2 in my opinion.

3. Sky-Cutting Axe
Sadly, this ability is far away from being as good as the name would suggest. The jump is very short, too short to matter and even though it is a jump, XT apparently has no invincibility frames whatsoever, making me wonder if it is actually considered a dash. I think I would have prefered losing the "Mobility" this provides for another move with different benefits instead. But it is how it is.

4. The Ultimate
Overall a very enjoyable ability. Not much to say about this. Apparently, one of my teammates experienced a bug with this, but I am not sure what it is all about, they were not very good at explaining it. Something about someone being stuck somehow. It hasn't occured to me.

That asside, Kumbhakarna will be murdering everyone and their families.

Fl3shpound
08-28-2015, 10:13 AM
Played a game of Xing Tian mid. It was fairly terrible because of some bugs, some things I missread and my team being bad.

1. His passive not stacking on minions.
The description clearly states "Enemies", which includes minions, yet the ability does not get stacks from hitting them, only from hitting gods. This takes away pretty much all the sustain he would have/could have had in lane and thus, a lot of his potencial aggressiveness.

2. Furious Roar in general.
Now there is a lot at odd with this ability.
-The description in the patch notes is simply wrong. The DoT effect of this ability does not affect minions, only gods, the ingame description mirrors this. Not knowing this, I went into mid lane believing to have solid clear but...yeah, I didn't.
-The scaling is apparently higher as the patch notes implied. I think it may actually be 70% instead of 40%, which is decent but still a disappointment considering that we lost the DoT for this.
-The ability has a huge delay upon use, making it very hard hit it consistently.

In my opinion, the ability should be exactly as the Patch Notes posted here describe. Less scaling, DoT on all affected targets.

3. Hook Slam
I am not as hyped for this ability as I probably could be. I feel like the cooldown as is may be a little bit too long. 15 seconds, 16 perhaps sounds about right to me. The targeter on this needs a little bit time to get used to, but is doable. Very similiar in usage to Bellonas 2 in my opinion.

4. Sky-Cutting Axe
Sadly, this ability is far away from being as good as the name would suggest. The jump is very short, too short to matter and even though it is a jump, XT apparently has no invincibility frames whatsoever, making me wonder if it is actually considered a dash. I think I would have prefered losing the "Mobility" this provides for another move with different benefits instead. But it is how it is.

5. The Ultimate
Overall a very enjoyable ability. Not much to say about this. Apparently, one of my teammates experienced a bug with this, but I am not sure what it is all about, they were not very good at explaining it. Something about someone being stuck somehow. It hasn't occured to me.

That asside, Kumbhakarna will be murdering everyone and their families.

1.Rly?? :I We need minion one also.
2.I totally agree with that but delay is there for a reason. You do not want to get auto rekt by him with AA based god for example.
3.18 seconds could be ok with 5% more range. But without it,i prefer 15-16 sec version.
4.Risky abillity i can say. Gives you extra protections,if you hit a target. We will see most of Xing Tian's gameplay on that skill only on surprise or distracted enemies.
5.Oh,i know that bug. More like stuck into tower/phoenix/wall thing,if you spin close to the tower/phoenix/wall you have 50-50 for free
death with that bug.

Also corrected numbers on arguments for you(double 3.)

For the last Kumbha buffs.

Crowd control wants to invite him in the restaurant with Charon and Sol(aka Roman god of Sun),

GodlySparta
08-28-2015, 07:11 PM
They are just making Khepri a walking revive. Now he's Kumbhakarna level before this patch. Why Hi Rez!? Why!? Khepri was over performing because he's still new! Not many have adapted to Khepri's play style and now he's forced to suicide for an ally. And Xing Tian is coming in so that's even worse.

Nightingal3
08-28-2015, 07:54 PM
Khepri is just fine. You probably haven't even read the nerf and assume it broke the god in half.
As for Shing10, it was mentioned already- he has high scalings and low base damage, so if you put him in support you do no dmg and waste the scalings. If you put him in solo, you have absolutely no wave-clear. He either needs to be able to clear a wave, or much lower scalings and higher base dmg.

Ichimarou
08-28-2015, 08:22 PM
Also,does "Rayquoza" Kukulkan goes for Oddysey??

What ? If you mean Void Wyrm no he wont. He is Season Ticket only and Limited to it.

EDIT:
Never mind did see it datamined just now.....where is my Pikatchu Ratatosk ?

EDIT2:
Also Space NU Wa hype is gone on my side now. THATS a big bunch of ugly garbage.

KAKLAW
08-28-2015, 08:33 PM
Khepri is just fine. You probably haven't even read the nerf and assume it broke the god in half.
As for Shing10, it was mentioned already- he has high scalings and low base damage, so if you put him in support you do no dmg and waste the scalings. If you put him in solo, you have absolutely no wave-clear. He either needs to be able to clear a wave, or much lower scalings and higher base dmg.

If they wanted to nerf him well make it so that his ult cannot be affected by CDR AT ALL.

GodlySparta
08-28-2015, 10:21 PM

I've read it and I've played with Khepri today. Then after I lost that one, I tried to play with another Khepri, me being Xba, lost again. Khepri can't fill the role of a Guardian anymore and his power is already history. He's only purpose now is just to wait for someone to fall below health and revive them. He already has very bad mana problems and now it's worse. Khepri can't even team fight anymore. If you call this luck then I would like to say that we lost to people that barely know what they were doing but the Khepri was defenseless and ridiculously weak. He was built as a Guardian should but he still got slaughtered. Either I'm delusional or he's under powered even now. This is before this patch. Now he's even more useless and can't even support late game. Making him utterly useless now.

PapaRodin
08-29-2015, 04:32 AM
Khepri was never meant to be played as a Guardian. He is more of a support mage. Play him like you would play Aphrodite and you will notice a world of difference.

Vesikel
08-29-2015, 12:27 PM
Unfortunately I couldn't really play PTS yesterday and get version mismatch today... but here are some theoretical thoughts:

Xing Tian
He looks interesting on the paper, but to be honest I don't think his kit looks that supportive. And with his passive and the DOT of his 1 not applying to Minions (->bad sustain/clear) I'm not sure where he could be viable.

Skins
Fenrir looks good. New Agni's skin model looks good, too but I hope they didn't change the animations. I love how he walks^^

Arena
That's nice I guess.

Jungle Practice
Why would you want them to return to their original position? They are already to far away from each other to test a lot of stuff. And when we're on it: A friendly dummy would be nice. And what would be even more important a way to give that Ra some items.

Items

Bluestone
Really interesting.
Mail of Renewal
That's quite a huge buff. I guess now one could really consider building it.
Weakening Curse
I don't know... this probably doesn't help healers that much with the problems they have, but is also a buff to lifesteal. I just let you this video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajg9mVZhVJM
Hyde of the Urchin
Nice.

Gods

Ao Kuang
That's a nerf I can live with, and the buff is not such a big deal.
Guan Yu
Finally a Guan Yu buff! I still don't really like his passive. And all of this doesn't help him with his damage falling off too fast too hard, but still a good thing.
Khepri
They already made him unviable outside the support role last patch. This is the way the should have nerfed him in the first place.
Kumbhakarna
They are actually shifting a guardian away from the support role. That's a thing I really like.

PS: Why no jungle practice??

JFrei
08-29-2015, 01:20 PM
What i have seen from the new god, is that he is not broken, what is good, better start save then sorry.
You guys should just shorten his cd a little bit, his shortcome from Dmg, can be overcome by skill with a shorter cooldown.
His jump should be 30 not 20 so he can jump in a fight(or out) because he is a Meleetype.
His hp3 passive isn t working on a Meleetype i think. Maybe a direct heal, that stacks and goes off after 10 seconds, mustn t be much, but it will help in long fights and gives him a early game buff. So he can jump in, do dmg and heal a little from it. He don t need it lategame, but it helps him to overcome his weak early.
He is not a assassin, so he don t need a dmg buff, he is more the poketype that is not a laneclearer, as supp he still can be usefull to zone with pokes.

!!!And he is on the PTS, so he is not released yet. It s the best way to balance a god. He will be good but not be broken, if he is not released in a rush, that is great.!!!

Anyway, keep up the good work.

To the Skins:
I think u guys are doing a good job there :)
Chronos would need one, he has 1 so far but take your time.
The best thing so far is the Gold, Legendary and Diamond overhauls. I hope every Humantype god get s one.
Nu Wa skin , not sure why they scream after it, not many player are playing her and even less playing her good.

To the Items:
Don t really care about it to much, beside heartseeker before it s nerf, there is no item op in the game i think.

Gamemodes:
I wishe for a update on Siege. Longer and bigger lanes(longer for the tactic, bigger for the skill[aim and dodge] + the conquest map appearance would be nice with maybe something fancy like a river in it, that would be a eyecatcher.
I think the lanes are to short for a juggernautfight there is not really any tactic in the lanes, they are to short to back off a little bit, its push or die. So, you have a Ah Puch against a Supp+Adc, well no chance of winning xD

KAKLAW
08-29-2015, 03:26 PM
Khepri was never meant to be played as a Guardian. He is more of a support mage. Play him like you would play Aphrodite and you will notice a world of difference.

wtf he's a guardian and is always played in the support role.

Playing him like you would Aphrodite it just fucking stupid.

His 1 falls off in the late game sso he falls back into his roto as his main cc but a root at 18 seconds MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE.

It's not a heal+ protection buff, it's not a 2.25 second stun, it's not a 2 second taunt. its not a 600+ health shield at all.

It's a fucking low damage root.

PapaRodin
08-29-2015, 03:39 PM
wtf he's a guardian and is always played in the support role.

Playing him like you would Aphrodite it just fucking stupid.

His 1 falls off in the late game sso he falls back into his roto as his main cc but a root at 18 seconds MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE.

It's not a heal+ protection buff, it's not a 2.25 second stun, it's not a 2 second taunt. its not a 600+ health shield at all.

It's a fucking low damage root.

*sigh*

Aphrodite is a close to midrange mage with a lot of CC and Utility, tailored to deal damage and support her teammates.
She has 1 personal ability, the ultimate that also benefits others by saving them, a stun that needs close to midrange, a shockwave that needs close range for damage and CC and a line target that deals damage and helps her and her allies.

Khepri is a close to midrange Guardian with a lot of CC and Utility, tailored to deal damage and support his teammates.
He has 1 personal ability, the ultimate that also can benefit others by saving them, a root that works from everywhere, a charge that needs close range to be hit consistently and deals damage and CC and a line target ability that deals damage and helps her allies.

Does it sound familiar?

That asside, apparently they are applying a new build with some fixes. Anyone having the notes?

Goobis
08-29-2015, 09:07 PM
Kinda sucks now that Transcendence is the only decent mana item for the start of the duo lane now.

I tested it out, and I don't see why this item would be bought over Death's Toll or Charged Morning Star when you go oom after the 2nd wave. 100 mana is like 3/4 of one spell. And it no longer provides any MP5 despite it being the aggressive choice item.

PapaRodin
08-29-2015, 11:22 PM
Kinda sucks now that Transcendence is the only decent mana item for the start of the duo lane now.

I tested it out, and I don't see why this item would be bought over Death's Toll or Charged Morning Star when you go oom after the 2nd wave. 100 mana is like 3/4 of one spell. And it no longer provides any MP5 despite it being the aggressive choice item.

Because there are other physical classes than hunters and other lanes than just the duo lane.

Take a Loki for example, who barely if ever sees a minion wave face to face. What good is Deaths toll to him?
Take a God that uses two abilities to clear anyway. Hercules says high.
Take a God who spams abilities anyway. Osiris says high.

The item will help physical gods with weak clear clear a little bit more effective and/or deal more damage to their enemy gods. It isn't supposed to be the be all end all starter Item for every physical god in the game.

TristynTrine
08-29-2015, 11:23 PM
I tried asking people why would you pick Khepri over another guardian as your support. No one would answer me, he has even worse teamfight now than before. I don't see people picking him as support and doing well, when it's time to group up, he can't do much. Especially after the nerf to his root.

KAKLAW
08-30-2015, 01:28 AM
Because there are other physical classes than hunters and other lanes than just the duo lane.

Take a Loki for example, who barely if ever sees a minion wave face to face. What good is Deaths toll to him?
Take a God that uses two abilities to clear anyway. Hercules says high.
Take a God who spams abilities anyway. Osiris says high.

The item will help physical gods with weak clear clear a little bit more effective and/or deal more damage to their enemy gods. It isn't supposed to be the be all end all starter Item for every physical god in the game.

Osiris wants Death's Toll for the Regen because of his hit chain.
ST gives health so it's decent for Loki if he so desires. Blue stone Pendant does not give health.

100 mana isn't that good because it falls off in the long urun and it only means 1to 1.5 additional spell casts.

SleepyStorm
08-30-2015, 03:47 AM
I tried asking people why would you pick Khepri over another guardian as your support. No one would answer me, he has even worse teamfight now than before. I don't see people picking him as support and doing well, when it's time to group up, he can't do much. Especially after the nerf to his root.
It's like you aren't even trying to think and want to continue whining about how 'overnerfed' he is. He's still extremely powerful, despite the upcoming nerfs.

Khepri's kit revolves around denial and displacement (via positioning or stats). You choose him for those reasons. Just like you choose other guardians for their specialties.

JFrei
08-30-2015, 07:52 AM

First he has the 3+2+1 combo what is about 500 dmg(without items)+25% def debuff+the dot of the 2 and you are in the grab. You have a free shield, and most important is his ult. You come back with 60% health, +25% Power +40% Mspeed.

So let s say u are about to kill a lategame Xbal(700+ crit without pots) he comes back with 60% health (about 1200hp) +25% power(875+ crit) +40% movementspeed. After he revives the Xbal, he roots u, gives u a def debuff of 25%(what makes the crit even higher) and grabs you, how long will u survive against the dmg output of the Xbal in the grab (3 hits are about 2650 dmg +), while the Xbal recovers his health through his LS(LS is about 15% or higher, depensd on the item, so about 150 each hit)?And it s not like "Oh i just kill the Bug after it" because normally your skills are down after a fight and he is still a tank.

That could be maybe a reason why ppl are picking him over other tanks. ;)

TristynTrine
08-30-2015, 10:02 AM
We know they're going to nerf his ult next, it gives too much health. Probably going to get rid of the power as well, so people don't use it as a buff steroid. Most of his cc is singletarget, and in a teamfight. That isn't good. His root now has a cooldown of 18 seconds so he has even less team fight now. If it was khepri vs geb/sylvanus/ maybe even ymir, I doubt he'd win the teamfight. I just believe he won't win teamfights. Even with a revive, he just doesn't have the team fight that you want. I'm just going to play him solo, and have a real support in the duo lane.

Also that scenario doesn't sound like a team fight scenario at all. Khepri is good in lane versus the enemy duo of two people, and can gank fairly well. It's just when it is time to group up, he'll fall off and have a hard time providing the cc that you want in team fights. I suppose you can put someone with better cc in solo.

JFrei
08-30-2015, 10:15 AM
Yup, i give u right with what u said, but teamfights are lategame, and then u have a tanky solocharacter too. Problem is, against him it s hard to get to lategame, as u say he can gank and duo, he can even Jungle better then the most Tanks, so his rotations are pretty op^^
He can rotait to mid, Root, dot and grab, that is normally a kill, same to all other lanes that is his fearsome side.
If you can t get into the lategame and fall of in the early game, it s normally over.

ErnYandrak
08-30-2015, 05:40 PM
Volcanic agni update doesn't add any special animations for skills... I still don't understand why a 400 gems skin doesn't update ability effects

PapaRodin
08-30-2015, 07:05 PM
I am pretty sure the 3 of Agni changes it's appearance into something spikey if you use it with volcanic agni.

RevyaCunning
08-30-2015, 08:22 PM
I just want to know why Fenrir has horns coming out of everywhere...
I mean... its not a bad skin, I like fur pattern and the effects, but... the heck did the horns come from?

Goobis
08-30-2015, 08:42 PM
I mean... its not a bad skin, I like fur pattern and the effects, but... the heck did the horns come from?

Putting horns on anything makes it 32% more threatening. :3

Volcanic agni update doesn't add any special animations for skills... I still don't understand why a 400 gems skin doesn't update ability effects

Because it was only a texture update, the skin is like 3 years old now.

Ichimarou
08-30-2015, 09:23 PM

Thats the unbound Fenrir. You could say thats his true form with wich he brings Ragnarok over the world. Its a devil hound so he deservs devil horns i thing.

Gromun
08-31-2015, 11:58 AM
Its a devil hound i think norse myphology born earlier then bible, about what devils you are talking?)

JotsartsiGR
08-31-2015, 03:14 PM
what time will we be able to update our client (didn't read through all comments, sorry if it's already been asked)

PapaRodin
08-31-2015, 03:54 PM
First he has the 3+2+1 combo what is about 500 dmg(without items)+25% def debuff+the dot of the 2 and you are in the grab. You have a free shield, and most important is his ult. You come back with 60% health, +25% Power +40% Mspeed.

So let s say u are about to kill a lategame Xbal(700+ crit without pots) he comes back with 60% health (about 1200hp) +25% power(875+ crit) +40% movementspeed. After he revives the Xbal, he roots u, gives u a def debuff of 25%(what makes the crit even higher) and grabs you, how long will u survive against the dmg output of the Xbal in the grab (3 hits are about 2650 dmg +), while the Xbal recovers his health through his LS(LS is about 15% or higher, depensd on the item, so about 150 each hit)?And it s not like "Oh i just kill the Bug after it" because normally your skills are down after a fight and he is still a tank.

That could be maybe a reason why ppl are picking him over other tanks. ;)

Can we talk about how much my head hurts from facepalming after reading the bolded part?

JFrei
08-31-2015, 05:07 PM
Can we talk about how much my head hurts from facepalming after reading the bolded part?

Could you explain what makes u facepalm so hard? Give me a word of wisdom that i deserve

Erival
09-01-2015, 12:15 AM
So... His passive is a worse version of Ne Zha [Cap is lower, lasts only 18 seconds]. His 1 is an interesting take on Ares, instead of being a sustained anti-escape, it's a damage nerf that's fire and forget. His 3 has been done before by Nemesis and Ratataskor, but he gets defenses as well... I think he might end up needing a buff, but he definately looks more warrior than guardian...

Bluestone is now completely useless for it's original role... However it's an awesome lane clear item that I'll be getting for AMC, cause it's gonna turn his Honey into an Early game nuke... The Weakening Curse nerf is... Painful. Guan Yu's passive got a much needed buff, but it still isn't an actual passive. I don't see that Khumba boost as neccesary, but I don't actually see him that often so it might be. Mercury didn't need that buff, and it's gonna suck.

Erival
09-01-2015, 12:30 AM
Could you explain what makes u facepalm so hard? Give me a word of wisdom that i deserve

They don't keep the power/speed buff after dying. After they've been resurected, that's it.

If they kept the buff, I'd call it OP. Instead I simply call in painful to play against.

PapaRodin
09-01-2015, 03:19 AM
Stupid missunderstandings like that and people not willing to actually properly learn about the things they complain about is what will be the end of this game at the end of the day.

Changes and fixes for Xing Tian (http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?89613-Balance-and-Fixes-from-the-Indomitable-Spirit-PTS!&p=432862)

Xing Tian
Smoldering Rage
Xing Tian can now build stacks by hitting all enemies; not just enemy gods.

This is great. Finally.

Furious Roar
Fixed an issue with the tooltip not displaying the Basic Attack reduction that it provides.
Base Damage: 60/80/100/120/140 → 70/100/130/160/190
Damage scaling: +70% Magical Power → +60% Magical Power

Not sure whether I like this damage buff. All it did was increase the damage it deals against gods, which was already pretty high. Would have just preffered minions being affected by the dot as well for the passive stacking. Then again, one time use of the 1 gives you half your passive anyway, so who am I to complain?

Hook Slam
Base Damage: 25/40/55/70/85 + 50/85/120/155/190 → 30/50/70/90/110 + 60/100/140/180/220

55 more damage overall. It's cool.

Sky-Cutting Axe
Base Damage: 45/65/86/105/125 → 65/85/105/125/145
Damage scaling: +35% Magical Power → +30% Magical Power
Fixed an issue where Xing Tian would not receive the buff from Polynomicon if he canceled this ability before the second dash.
If Xing Tian cancels this ability between dashes it will now go on cooldown immediately.

It is notable that this ability actually has very high damage at rank 1. Interesting I have to say. Good fixes outside of that.

YohSL
09-01-2015, 10:12 PM
Geez, some people can be really unreasonable to Hirez.
They really do have no concept of what development is like, and just how long it takes to get shit done, or more charitably how much it costs.
And yet they expect Hirez to just poop out a lot of content on demand.

Even thou Hirez works at quite a quick pace to begin with. I'd rather have consistent good updates, then hastily made shoddy ones with lots of content.

Although that being said I kind of wish Physical had other offensive mana options besides Transcendence. Love the item, but not every god that needs extra mana has good enough clear to get the stacks. Like Arachne, dogshit clear but good kill potential.
But it kind of feels like you need the stacks to have the power to get the kills so you can get the stacks in the first place, catch 22.
And there aren't a lot of good options if you want to be aggressive. The new Bluestone Pendent will help in the early game, but mid game?

Well, Jotunn's helps, but it also causes you to burn through more mana as well.
Late game I find I'm kind of shit out of luck. I could possible build into Transcendence at that point, but by the time it comes online it's probably too late by that point. Honestly I am just staring deeply at Mail of Renewal at this point just for the sustain.

GodlySparta
09-01-2015, 10:50 PM
Probably one of the worst and best updates ever. Khepri can't do anything but wait for someone to die as expected. Guan Yu is balanced (finally). Ao Kuang is getting better. Xing Tian is horrible is terms of Cooldowns. Mercury just might meet competition standards again. New skins are not the best. Kumbhakarna is still not being use. Useless patch noted.

AdamThePigeon
09-05-2015, 11:40 AM
Who do you guys think is a better guardian, Khepri or Xing Tian?

Erival
09-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Khepri.

Xing is a miss-labelled warrior.

TristynTrine
09-08-2015, 08:15 PM
He's a magical warrior duh

Gatygun
10-09-2015, 05:43 AM
Xing will get another nerf soon tho, his mobility and cc is kinda still to strong. Otherwise the recent nerfs did a solid job putting him in line with other gods.

Why people complain is because they are used towards a super OP god which made games easy for them. Now they actually have to put in effort and that's something they don't want too.