PDA

View Full Version : New Starter Item(Magical)

Thomp888
08-21-2015, 01:24 PM
Vampiric shroud has been the standard start for mages for a long period of time and no other start appears to compare to it. The new Soul stone has seen some success for aggressive mages looking for early kills, but has not impacted on the current default start. The new starter was made with the aim to counter the Vampiric shroud in a way that would tempt mid lanners into not spending gold before seeing the opposing mid laner's starting items. The Item goes as following

'Name' (Lich bone amulet)

Cost: 800
Magical Power: 15
MP5: 3
Passive: Hitting a enemy god with a damaging ability removes 5% of their current mana from their mana pool and adds it to your own. This may only occur once per ability use.
^(Dot damage would not apply the affect multiple times)

Effectively it is a mana steal item. It would be take to try and whittle your opponents mana pool down so that when a gank happens they have little mana to defend themselves with. This item would allow for more gods to be placed into mid lane because gods such as Chang'e who's abilitys often hit the minions and gods would have an easier laneing phase. But Mid laners who choose to continue with Vampiric shroud would have to play more tactically to avoid losing mana.

Additionally this item could be a option for Gaudians to take, be that in Support, Solo or jungle. They could exploit their CC to string abilities together to take large chunks of opponents mana down. This could help push a lane by removing the adc's mana
or to initiate ganks that strip the opponents dry of mana and stop them from using a escape ability.

Two gods that i feel would befit largly from this item would be Ao Gung and Freya. I personally don't play this gods but if feel that they would help them bully Hunters and assassins particularly. They could use this item also as a sort of sustain by going into lane hitting 2 god with the same ability and restoring a portion of their mana.

So with that being said i could look at the item to be a bit op because it still have late game potential so i would suggest a max amount of mana that could be stolen at once. All feedback is appreciated and i would like to hear what people think of the item and how it could be improved.

BhastetKurza
08-21-2015, 01:28 PM
This item is so overpowered it's not even funny.

Thomp888
08-21-2015, 01:46 PM
This item is so overpowered it's not even funny.

Why? Hitting a Janus at lvl 1 with full mana will only steal 17.5 mana. He would make that up by clearing a wave with VS

RyuSenshi
08-21-2015, 04:31 PM
Why? Hitting a Janus at lvl 1 with full mana will only steal 17.5 mana. He would make that up by clearing a wave with VS

What about Level 10? Or Level 20? And with 2 magical gods on you at once with this item. You really didn't think this through, did you?

Thomp888
08-22-2015, 11:31 AM
What about Level 10? Or Level 20? And with 2 magical gods on you at once with this item. You really didn't think this through, did you?

Agni lvl 20: 1155 mana
1155*0.05=57.75 mana stolen provided he is a full mana. Lets say he has a maxed out warlocks and Book you are stealing 121.5 mana, which yes is significant amount if they are lv 1. But they are not, at that stage mana is not a problem and even if your whole 5 man team used this item on him it would only take down 450 mana.

CaptainDoomsday
08-23-2015, 03:35 PM
NO %-BASED STARTERS!
Didn't Bluestone teach us anything?
Plus, imagine this thing on Kuk or Nox. Lane: Forced.