PDA

View Full Version : Mid-patch Update | 07/28

Kaostic
07-28-2015, 12:12 AM
Mid-patch Update | 28th July, 2015

General

Updated to the Launcher
Please note: for users that are on the OLD launcher due to the new launcher not working, they will not receive this update.
The ‘self-update’ process has been improved to aid in the prevention of ‘stuck updates’.
New players to SMITE will now not have to login twice on their first login.
A new set of tutorial videos have been added for new players
The Hi-Rez Diagnosis Tool colour scheme has been amended to match that of the new launcher.

Hotfixes

Login credentials will now be saved across reboots
In-game links in the LATAM launcher are now directed to the LATAM store
Minor translation corrections

Fl3shpound
07-28-2015, 04:55 AM
Mid-patch Update | 28th July, 2015

General

Updated to the Launcher
Please note: for users that are on the OLD launcher due to the new launcher not working, they will not receive this update.
The ‘self-update’ process has been improved to aid in the prevention of ‘stuck updates’.
New players to SMITE will now not have to login twice on their first login.
A new set of tutorial videos have been added for new players
The Hi-Rez Diagnosis Tool colour scheme has been amended to match that of the new launcher.

Hotfixes

Login credentials will now be saved across reboots
In-game links in the LATAM launcher are now directed to the LATAM store
Minor translation corrections

First.

Login credentials will be finally saved??
http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/GIF--Clap-applause-good-job-nice-one-clapping-Charles-Dance-The-Golden-Child-GIF.gif

Aviku
07-28-2015, 05:41 AM
Is there an ETA on when servers will be back up ?

Andyneth
07-28-2015, 06:18 AM
Where is the Event that was Promised cuz of ur Failed Promotion for long inactive Players? Ranked closed for 2 Hours cuz of a Launcher Update? #Fail

BloodyCastrator
07-28-2015, 07:01 AM
When is the next full content patch?

Azilo
07-28-2015, 07:08 AM
So my Smite is updating and I would like to say; bring back the ETA timer for when it downloads any new content. The timer should be there so even if one of the two bars aren't moving, you still know that it is indeed loading properly.

Because on my first load, it told me it had to exit to apply it. So okay. And then it finished pretty quickly, also good. Yet, I went into again after that and it said once more that it needed to apply an update. Of which, the top bar kept loading and loading and loading whilst the bottom bar didn't move past 25% or so. So I closed that, opened up Smite once more where it told me to either run it as administrator or use the repair tool.

The repair tool did its job and now I'm in the game with no further problems.

TL;DR, add the ETA timer so I don't close out thinking nothing is loading when it is.

Wylderman
07-28-2015, 08:11 AM
We want . . . . KHEPRI!!!!!!!!

Najh98
07-28-2015, 08:53 AM
I didn't realIze there was a small patch. It didn't update when I went to the main launcher. Also, it would be nice if the CARD SCREEN BUG WAS FUCKING FIXED ALREADY!

BhastetKurza
07-28-2015, 09:00 AM
I didn't realIze there was a small patch. It didn't update when I went to the main launcher. Also, it would be nice if the CARD SCREEN BUG WAS FUCKING FIXED ALREADY!

Don't play in Windowed mode.

Fl3shpound
07-28-2015, 09:27 AM

Yea,we all know it. You just want to have a "medic" guardian with revive abillity for insta-push :I

BhastetKurza
07-28-2015, 09:31 AM
It's still making me input my login info every single time still.

itsmymillertime
07-28-2015, 09:57 AM
Any chance the tutorials can be changed to show proper lane. One tutorial mentions going 2 left 1 mid 1 right and 1 jungle. That is wrong if your on the chaos side. The lanes need to be defined as duo, mid, and solo. People get confused and it ruins games.

SeductivePower
07-28-2015, 10:05 AM
Why still no retro Nu Wa skin? Come on guys u can do it.

Pyromainiac
07-28-2015, 10:20 AM

you mean anub'arak right? Hirez cant even get an original concept design

Najh98
07-28-2015, 01:20 PM
Don't play in Windowed mode.

I don't play in Windowed mode, I play full screen.

BigDingus
07-28-2015, 10:43 PM
So when is this 10 millionth player celebration supposed to be? That's how we get retro Herc right?

BhastetKurza
07-29-2015, 01:03 AM

http://media.giphy.com/media/SEvoLo28h4TYI/giphy.gif
http://media.giphy.com/media/p8wLy6i3OEI1i/giphy.gif

SeductivePower
07-29-2015, 04:37 AM
So when is this 10 millionth player celebration supposed to be? That's how we get retro Herc right?

All august long. It should start saturday

Fl3shpound
07-29-2015, 05:02 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/SEvoLo28h4TYI/giphy.gif
http://media.giphy.com/media/p8wLy6i3OEI1i/giphy.gif

http://i.imgur.com/FiGfUSu.jpg

Ichimarou
07-29-2015, 07:30 AM

Retro Nu Wa wont come because she dont has the animations of the New Wa. Flame Shard for example.New Wa came not only with new model but with new skills aswell.

Its as if you want to give Ao Guang the retro noodle model. It simply wont work.

LokiWildfire
07-29-2015, 04:59 PM
Retro Nu Wa wont come because she dont has the animations of the New Wa. Flame Shard for example.New Wa came not only with new model but with new skills aswell.

Its as if you want to give Ao Guang the retro noodle model. It simply wont work.

Not really. Aside from her ultimate, every new spell is compatible with the old animations, which they can reuse just like Swagni reuses much of his old animations + a few tweaks (for comparison, Agent Apollo and Dark Lord SWK have several actually new animations, and yet they were made)

Her fog is still a fog. Sure, the fog behaves differently, but the cast animation can be just the old one - both fogs only trigger an animation upon cast, not after. Same for clay soldiers. Same for her shard, use old 3 animation since both are ranged attacks anyway. Attack animation just use old animations from the old model. The only thing that requires extra animation, although a very simple one, is her ultimate. It does not require a new model since old model already had her snake form too, just requires a small tweak on the transformation animation to make her go up in the air and down (though possibly can be adapted from the jump animation), but that is it. For the most part, everything is already there, just like Swagini uses his old animations/skeleton.

Sinase
07-30-2015, 09:05 AM
you mean anub'arak right? Hirez cant even get an original concept design

Right, because using a gods design, which was used by another company, basing it off the same gods design, is simply ripping off the company, not staying true to the looks of a god. Nope...

LokiWildfire
07-31-2015, 05:33 AM
Right, because using a gods design, which was used by another company, basing it off the same gods design, is simply ripping off the company, not staying true to the looks of a god. Nope...

anub'arak is not a god, first of, and to be honest, Egyptians did not have a concept of looks of a god. All their representations are symbolic. The animal headed gods were deliberated and intentionally depicted with the specific animal head because the animal had the attributes associated with the gods. They had the belief they didnt know how the gods looked like, so they didnt even try to "realistically" portray them. All of it is symbolic, so you can have them, technically, look like whatever as long as the SYMBOLISM is right. Khepri was simultaneously portrayed as an scarab and as a scarab headed human body. But that is just a symbol - like pretty much most if not all other egyptian gods.

Wylderman
07-31-2015, 09:15 AM
*Cough* Anub'ark was based off Khepri, and Anub'ark wasn't in a MOBA originally *Cough* (Go do some research)