PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Domination back?

JesusHatesYou
03-24-2014, 04:13 PM
I see a lot of posts asking for Domination back, I'm curious what the distribution of players is.

EDIT: This (http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/203g2i/a_whole_new_domination_concept/)reddit post gave a great idea for changes to Domination. What do you guys think of it?

baddwolf
03-24-2014, 04:32 PM
I don't want to see it, maybe if it was completely absolutely reworked.

Flareb00t
03-24-2014, 04:36 PM
When I say I want it updated, the only things that need changing are the jagged map design with no real LoS between the lanes, and the ridiculous respawn timers as a comeback mechanic. Nobody likes being down for 45 seconds and losing all three points with no potential comeback because you were WINNING for 80% of the game.

Fix that and the quality of the players playing it (seriously, I can't remember the last Domi game I had with 10 level 30s in the match).

Modavo
03-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Needs a better map. 3 horizontal points don't cut it.
Also need just a straight up deathmatch 10 people 5v5 and a 10 person free for all.

seeeetttt
03-24-2014, 07:07 PM
for me domination is great ;D some fun ofc ;) But not we decided...

JesusHatesYou
03-24-2014, 07:20 PM
I don't want to see it, maybe if it was completely absolutely reworked.

Why? How does it harm you to have it in the game? No one makes you play it.

Onylight
03-24-2014, 08:44 PM
i was never a big fan of domination so i don't really have a problem with the removal (even tho it was fun). like hirezkelly said in a recent interview, the players for domination were too low.

Kymii
03-24-2014, 08:46 PM
Played it for the first time in MOTD and really enjoyed it. I hope they bring it back. Sometimes i just want to play something other than assault, joust, conquest, or arena. After a while it just gets bland playing these game modes, for me at least. Domination adds a little more variety.

Tokiko
03-24-2014, 09:08 PM
despise it. too easy to win and game decided too early

JesusHatesYou
03-25-2014, 02:43 PM

How can something be too easy to win? That would apply to both sides, and it makes no sense for it to be easy for both teams to win... because then no one wins...

Jhengski
03-25-2014, 03:01 PM
I love the domination map, Egyptian desert ftw.. I don't mind having it back as it was completely, but updating the mechanics of the mode is ideal.

Khallis
03-25-2014, 03:50 PM
not unless its a complete rework, domination was terrible i honestly dont see how anyone played it.

JesusHatesYou
03-25-2014, 03:53 PM
not unless its a complete rework, domination was terrible i honestly dont see how anyone played it.

I totally understand wanting a rework. But why would you be opposed to it going back the way it was? No one makes you play it. Adding it back in would result in no real changes if people don't want to play it. I believe it was only taken down to be worked on anyways.

Scylaxius
03-25-2014, 04:06 PM
I loved it. But It needed work. I hope it comes back strong and better then before. :D

Ragnarocket
03-25-2014, 04:53 PM
I tend to love CTF modes (Dominion was my favorite map in LoL) so I was really upset to see Domination go.

I think we definitely need the mode back in the game, but an update certainly wouldn't hurt it.

Kunogi
03-26-2014, 12:03 PM
I'll be glad to see an reworked domination game in the normal mode :)

Jokahine
03-26-2014, 12:33 PM
I'd like to see domination back, in a whole new reworked map. Maybe, a huge circle jungle with jungle paths, and four guardians, each the equal distance from each other. the player spawns would be beetween the two guardians in your side of the map, outside the circle.

Minions would spawn from the bases, and run to the guardians. When captured, guardians would spawn extra minions. at the middle of the map, is a super guardian. the team that controls the super guardian spawns fire minions. The buff camps would be in the central jungle.

Djaff
03-26-2014, 03:48 PM
I really want it back. I loved it. And I am afraid that if they change it around, they will change the things I liked about it..

Don't wanna sound rude, but if you think this is the case... I have a feeling you did not understand the mode enough =/

Pentargonite
03-26-2014, 04:25 PM
I want it, but updated. Add something new or something else. But I WANT NEW GAMEMODES

Rabrg
03-27-2014, 11:20 PM
I still don't understand why they removed it. It was an entire gamemode, and while it wasn't the most popular, it was still played.

JesusHatesYou
03-27-2014, 11:20 PM
I still don't understand why they removed it. It was an entire gamemode, and while it wasn't the most popular, it was still played.

I believe it was only taken down to be worked on. As far as I know, they intend to bring it back with improvements.

Kreuston
03-28-2014, 10:03 AM
I played it couple times, but didn't like it. The concept of important points to be held was good, but it needs a bigger map with more then 3 of those points and more players on both sides (10v10?). Why? With map this small if you were able to get 2 points under your control, you won. They were to close together, so every time you were able to rotate fast enough to hold them. With more points and players it would require more tactic to control several points on the map.
But idc even if they bring it back as it was, nobody is forcing people to play it:)

Scylaxius
03-28-2014, 12:20 PM
I played it couple times, but didn't like it. The concept of important points to be held was good, but it needs a bigger map with more then 3 of those points and more players on both sides (10v10?). Why? With map this small if you were able to get 2 points under your control, you won. They were to close together, so every time you were able to rotate fast enough to hold them. With more points and players it would require more tactic to control several points on the map.
But idc even if they bring it back as it was, nobody is forcing people to play it:)

I agree, if they can bring it back and make it harder then just, "Hold two points, gg" I would be ok with that. But honestly, thats how domination in any games works. For example, Hardpoints in titanfall, Capture two, and hold em. If someone takes one, take the one they had originally because they left to take the one you had. It's kind of a cookie cutter mode that way, but thats just how it works.

Modavo
03-28-2014, 01:39 PM
They just need to move one point to the bottom right and one point to the top left and keep the mid. You can't have a domination where all the points are equally spaced. That would be a simple solution.

Blue team needs one close to their spawn. Same with Red with the mid being the battleground.

Chanelle
04-01-2014, 08:43 AM
A map layout update would be good. I think the buffs were badly placed. The concept of the overall game was good though. It was my favourite.

Scylaxius
04-01-2014, 10:45 AM
A map layout update would be good. I think the buffs were badly placed. The concept of the overall game was good though. It was my favourite.

I agree they were kinda just thrown together.

Epicsauce1234
04-01-2014, 10:51 AM
I honestly don't remember it much but one thing I remember not liking was the exit portal for the minions, the positioning just seemed wrong to me, other than that though i loved it.

MikalMirkas
04-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Rework it and I'm happy.

Biggest complaints were A) artificial snowball protection with long respawn timers and B) no ticket reduction by SGs if you don't hold the majority of the points

it was a nice casual map though that I could just play after getting roflstomped in every other mode.

Gluttony
04-02-2014, 12:35 AM
I didn't necessarily hate Domination. But, of all the modes it was my least favorite.

In my opinion keep it as a occasional MOTD. The more modes there are, the more the player base is spread out. And the more likely you are to be unmatched in whichever mode you choose.

They've already announced a new mode is coming out soon. Also, we've known about 10v10 for a while now as well. It's going to be worse if we just keep getting new modes and the queue times become longer due to it.

JesusHatesYou
04-02-2014, 08:43 AM
In my opinion keep it as a occasional MOTD. The more modes there are, the more the player base is spread out. And the more likely you are to be unmatched in whichever mode you choose.

This is the ONLY valid argument I can think of for not bringing it back. I still don't agree with it, but at least it is logical.

Bloodboundfff
04-05-2014, 05:57 AM
The reddit thingy, yeah it's a great idea

JesusHatesYou
04-05-2014, 12:31 PM
The reddit thingy, yeah it's a great idea
'
Sorry, what do you mean?

MountainGoat
04-23-2014, 12:09 PM
I loved Domination, so having it return updated so the gameplay would be spiced up a bit would be wonderful.

rockymount
04-24-2014, 05:43 PM
i would love to see it back. domination was one of those game modes were u didnt have to be "good" all u had to know is how to push a lane :D it was fun

TigrisCallidus
04-30-2014, 10:49 AM
I have only played it in match of the day and I have honestly now clue how to play it, so I am not sure if I want it back.

DrPinkies
04-30-2014, 11:47 AM
I feel like if they brought it back updated, it would see a surge of players and be pretty popular...for a brief time. The reason it's a MOTD is because they didn't want to be rid of it completely, but needed it to be in a rotaation, so when it IS available, it will be popular.

I think they should make it pop us as a MOTD more often, maybe the same day every week? Hell, maybe even 2 days out of the week.

Personally, I wasn't a fan, but I know a decent amount of people upset over it being gone. Those people hardly played it thou...

XXVII
05-12-2014, 05:45 PM
I support bringing back Domination, I was really enjoying the map.

arka222
05-12-2014, 11:52 PM
They must reboot domination with a few enhancements.

FeistyDeity
05-14-2014, 07:13 AM
I disliked it (in its original form) so I really don't care. I also doubt the player spreading is the reason they removed it, for the following reasons:

- Their official reason to remove it was because it had a minuscule playerbase. Ergo, its effects on dividing the playerbase were inconsequential anyway.
- Last I checked, Smite was claimed to have a growing playerbase. So, no reason to remove gamemodes for that reason either.

Now, there are OTHER reasons I can think of that are more likely to have motivated this decision:

- Saving face. Honestly, I think this is probably it. The game release was on its way, and with it, more media attention and above all, more reviews. Currently Smite has very well designed conquest, arena and aram maps. Those maps would earn "good grades". Now, you've also got this ugly stepsister map, Domination. A reviewer would actually SUBTRACT points for having a poorly designed map in the game. He or she weighs off the number of positive and negative aspects of the game against each other. A reviewer's mindset is NOT: "Well, players are not FORCED to play this particular aspect of the game" or "If this map was not in the game, I'd be giving Smite higher grades". And frankly, Domination WAS a poorly designed map. Not to mention, since it gives a "first win of the day", you could say Smite actually encouraged you to play it. Meaning it was not purely up to you whether you played it.

- Look at it this way. A game's developers don't want unfinished stuff in their game. Typically, if they're working on something like a new game mode, they won't add it until they're satisfied that it reaches the standards they hold up for themselves. IN A WAY, what happened to Domination was this, in reverse. Add to that they probably weren't planning on redoing the map in the near future, temporarily removing it seems a pretty reasonable thing to do.

arka222
05-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Why it so happens that the things I like find no player base and hence, hirez removes them.

- I liked old Vulcan : removed
- I liked domination: removed
- I liked Arena Leagues: removed

Bootyliciouzz
05-15-2014, 07:57 AM
I personally did not like Domination , but i don't see any point in removing it
I know alot of ppl who had fun with this mode..
Another thing , even for people not liking this game mode shoul vote for it to come back
Why? because i like the fact Smite has alot of game mode's to offer , the more there are the better!

Roadhouse360
05-15-2014, 09:08 PM
Domination rocks. Please bring it back. I do agree that there is always room for improvement but putting back up wouldn't harm anyone. Maybe make the map bigger. Maybe make more jungle beasts. Idk I just want it back please

TigrisCallidus
05-27-2014, 11:35 AM
After I played Domination some times I started to really enjoy it.
It is quite different to the other modes, and even with the old map it is fun.

I would like to have a slightly updated map, (more incentive to use all the ways like a second buff there or XP camp and not two on the sides).

But overall I like the map and I don't want too many changes except visual updates.

Also if you can play Dominion on Wednesday all day to Show High Rez its popularity!

Kruption
05-31-2014, 07:05 AM
i love this mode and miss it alot and one day out of the week i can only play it is no fun

Pwnd2Death
06-08-2014, 04:56 PM
I thought this game mode was fun to play with a party of 5 with alot of variety of gods. You wouldnt really see as many junglers as you think. Well, thats cus there isnt a jungle, really.

Macmillan
06-09-2014, 06:26 PM
This game mode is awesome. It has great tactics and really forces you and your team to work together or die trying. I look forward to this MOTD every single week and I can't get enough of it when it's here. It deserves to be permanent.

AntiGods
06-11-2014, 04:33 PM
I think Domination should be back and when the match starts it says "Domination" like in call of duties game mode. jk trolln love domination tho

Weyy
06-12-2014, 05:40 AM
If it's not gonna be updated I'm fine with it being a MOTD. I red the reddit post and I agree that the biggest pressure is on the middle guardian. When it was a regular mode I saw strat 2-3-0 but since it's become MOTD I've seen always 1-4-0. I don't like the solution of having 4 guardians and the pharaoh in the middle, it seems like another conquest to me. Why not simply change the line layout to a triangle layout so all bases are at the same distance of each other?

Graffic
06-12-2014, 09:59 AM
I really enjoyed Domination from the MOTD, It felt like a mix between ARENA and CQ. I joined multiple games where veterans where giving line orders and stuck to it, leading to some really awesome victories. Please bring it back, updated if need be.

Zanbo
02-10-2018, 04:42 AM
I dont even think they care about these suggestions lmao

ZodiacZer0
02-10-2018, 07:18 PM
Necroing a 4 year old thread, that’s a new record I’ve seen here

GameVeteranAzure
02-10-2018, 08:20 PM
they removed it due to a lack of popularity. I doubt if it got brought back it would stay in very long because it would more than likely fall off again in popularity

Necromancer776
02-13-2018, 11:03 PM
Necroing a 4 year old thread, that’s a new record I’ve seen here

Ikr, I didn't even start playing Smite in 2014.

MrJDC77
02-24-2018, 06:57 AM
If Domination was to be brought back then ideally it would be with only two guardians. The Reddit post did mention a neutral "Pharoah" in the middle though that may only end up dragging it out even more.

SquireAngel
02-28-2018, 08:04 PM
More game modes? Let's not split the player base even further

GameVeteranAzure
02-28-2018, 08:43 PM
More game modes? Let's not split the player base even further

this is the biggest thing right now. the player base has the game modes they play,, and generally they stick to that game mode...barely venturing out into another.