PDA

View Full Version : Balance Patch | 7/14

Kaostic
07-10-2015, 09:48 AM
Balance Patch | 14th July, 2015

Hey Smite fans! This small balance patch is scheduled to go live next Tuesday, but be sure to also tune in the following Wednesday July 15th for a preview of our next full content patch!

Misc

Fixed Greater Sprint having outdated passive text for non-English localizations.
Corrected an error in new player training Favor rewards.
Fixed a referral button crash case.

Gameplay

Gold Fury
“We initially lowered the value on the Gold Fury to limit the snowballing potential of the team who secured it. We still like this direction, but we wanted to bring a little value back so teams that do prioritize the objective still feel rewarded, especially early.”
Adjusted the value of Gold Fury gold reward from 100 +10 per minute to 150 +10 per minute, still capping at 350.

Items

http://hirezstudios.blob.core.windows.net/sitefinity/smite-items/2945.jpg
Wrath of the Gods
“We have increased the damage from 900 to 1000 true damage to allow for this active to have a slightly larger window where you can use the damage appropriately and have it compete with high damage ultimates.”
Increased damage to objectives from 900 true damage to 1000 true damage.
http://hirezstudios.blob.core.windows.net/sitefinity/smite-items/2087.jpg / http://hirezstudios.blob.core.windows.net/sitefinity/smite-items/2839.jpg
Heartseeker / Doom Orb
Now round up when losing half stacks on death, to a minimum of 1.

Gods - Balance/Updates/Fixes

http://hirezstudios.blob.core.windows.net/sitefinity/smite-god-icons/2036.jpg
Nox
“Nox silences herself while channeling Shadow Lock, so we wanted to give her some options to defend herself while in this state. She can now use actives that do not use a targeter. This includes actives such as Sprint, Purification Beads, and Aegis.”
Shadow Lock
Fixed an issue where Nox could cast this ability twice.
You can now use instant cast active items while channeling this ability, without interruption.
This ability is no longer affected by Crowd Control Reduction, as long as Nox is still channeling.
http://hirezstudios.blob.core.windows.net/sitefinity/smite-god-icons/1921.jpg
Chang’e
Jade Rabbit
Increased speed for Jade Rabbit to shorten time he takes to purchase items.
http://hirezstudios.blob.core.windows.net/sitefinity/smite-god-icons/2063.jpg
Ratatoskr
Flurry of Acorns
Corrected rank 1 of Flurry of Acorns cooldown from 8s to the desired 12s.
http://hirezstudios.blob.core.windows.net/sitefinity/smite-god-icons/2065.jpg
Ravana
Passive: Chain of Blows
Increased damage multiplier from 7.5% per stack to 10% per stack (Max. from 60 to 80).
Basic Attacks
Updated his attack chain to correctly reflect the listed time.
Overhead Kick
“Ravana using this skill wisely is a large part of his kit, but in many cases we were seeing this skill interrupted early. We want to increase the reward for using this skill at a proper time.”
Ravana is now Crowd Control immune during this ability.
10-Hand Shadow Fist
“The % heal didn’t give Ravana full control over his sustain. This change to flat should increase his sustain overall while also making the heal amount consistent. The cooldown adjustment will also mean this happens more often and gives a slight boost to his Crowd Control in the process.”
Cooldown reduced from 18s to 15s.
Healing changed from % damage dealt to flat 10/15/25/40/60 per hit.
Mystic Rush
“Mystic Rush is meant to be a tool for engaging onto who you want to fight, and by upping the Damage Reduction and doubling the stacks of Chain of Blows, Ravana should be able to better engage a team, and deal more upfront damage.”
The Shield now scales in Damage Reduction, from a flat 40% to 40/45/50/55/60%.
Now doubles your current passive stacks upon firing.

Trubblegum
07-10-2015, 04:04 PM
Nox.... buff.

Buff.

Buff.

http://muslimsocialservicesagency.org/wp-content/themes/double-facepalm-through-face-i0.png

VROOM99
07-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Nox.... buff.

Buff.

Buff.

http://muslimsocialservicesagency.org/wp-content/themes/double-facepalm-through-face-i0.png

They

Did

Can

Use

Actives

During

Channeling

Goobis
07-10-2015, 04:15 PM
That Sylvanus skin...

Why keep making Exclusive/Limited skins for gods who don't have an non-eclusive gem skin yet? :(

HawkboyJr
07-10-2015, 04:20 PM
The only thing I don't like from this patch is the Gold Fury change, as it competed sufficiently with a tier 1 tower in the early game and scaled into tier 2 towers and phoenixes (okay, maybe not phoenixes) later on. Keep trying with the Heartseeker and Doom Orb (hint: lose 1 stack maximum), but I don’t really mind them being gone anyways. Everything else looks good! ^_^

Lesbomant
07-10-2015, 04:20 PM
I think there is a typo here: "Heartseeker / Doom Orb
Now round up when losing half stacks on death, to a minimum of 1."

Those items were deleted from the game in previous patch, please correct.

GongsunYiru
07-10-2015, 04:25 PM
Hello, bunny.

KONGENx
07-10-2015, 04:28 PM
Ravana will still be the worst warrior by far

Nox is still a worse scylla

Doom Orb/Heartseeker will still suck

Hog will still suck

Good patch, keep it up

VoicesSs
07-10-2015, 04:33 PM
need more buff for ravana

Grilleds
07-10-2015, 04:50 PM
Nox needs a much bigger buff. Right now her taunt is the only reason to use her.

DemonLordSparda
07-10-2015, 04:51 PM
I don't think any of you understand that 80% max multiplier damage is actually nuts. It will blow people up. Also his damage reduction is now outstanding, as well as having CC immunity so he can avoid everything with the kick. He'll be fun to play and useful now. I wish the forums understood the scaling damage more and how effective certain things will be when they get changed.

RainbowSplat
07-10-2015, 04:54 PM
hs/doom orb is still trash overall disapointed into the patch

SpitefulOne
07-10-2015, 04:57 PM
You apparently can be just whelmed by something. Weird.

Still looking forward to the Ravana rekit patch on October 14th.

BhastetKurza
07-10-2015, 05:11 PM
Nox needs a much bigger buff. Right now her taunt is the only reason to use her.

Taunt....?

Ravensaurus
07-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Taunt....?

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/857/463/921.gif

iGodOfFight
07-10-2015, 05:19 PM
Nox Buff

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/f3d/2da/fec/resized/obama-facepalm-meme-generator-this-muthafucka-can-t-be-serious-right-now-9e57e1.jpeg?1353430631.jpg

GOLEM777
07-10-2015, 05:25 PM
NOX need nerf NIGHT TERROR and SIPHON DARKNESS.

Macaulyn
07-10-2015, 05:40 PM
NOX need nerf NIGHT TERROR and SIPHON DARKNESS.
Learn to play.

Najh98
07-10-2015, 05:41 PM
So, when Ratatoskr was first released, he was somewhat OP. Then, you nerfed the shit out of him and made him horrible. Now, you're nerfing him again and made him worse. There's like no one that plays him anymore and you nerf him more, LAWL. Gg Hi-Rez, gg.

Macaulyn
07-10-2015, 05:44 PM
Ratatoskr is not horrible, he is in an very good spot.

BhastetKurza
07-10-2015, 05:48 PM
So, when Ratatoskr was first released, he was somewhat OP. Then, you nerfed the shit out of him and made him horrible. Now, you're nerfing him again and made him worse. There's like no one that plays him anymore and you nerf him more, LAWL. Gg Hi-Rez, gg.

Are you drunk?

Ratatoskr is still stupidly overpowered.

mjn9523
07-10-2015, 05:53 PM
I don't think any of you understand that 80% max multiplier damage is actually nuts. It will blow people up. Also his damage reduction is now outstanding, as well as having CC immunity so he can avoid everything with the kick. He'll be fun to play and useful now. I wish the forums understood the scaling damage more and how effective certain things will be when they get changed.

His base is really low, ie no damage items it still does less then a herc driving strike, also it was like this in the PTS (before they fixed the bug) and still didn't really feel that strong it will really only blow up mages & adcs

HiRezCAPSLOCK
07-10-2015, 06:25 PM

This was a bug fix. His flurry of acorns was 8s at rank 1, but only rank 1 and that was unintentional. So long as you actually leveled your 2 past rank 1 last patch, you won't really notice the change much this patch.

Trubblegum
07-10-2015, 06:33 PM
This was a bug fix. His flurry of acorns was 8s at rank 1, but only rank 1 and that was unintentional. So long as you actually leveled your 2 past rank 1 last patch, you won't really notice the change much this patch.
Excuse me for this, but, why did you buff Nox?

Who in the balance team is dumb enough to buff Nox's only weakness?

McKnightrider
07-10-2015, 06:37 PM
Well Ravana's Ult will make him near invincible when ulting into a group...The only problem is he sucks so much he won't be able to kill anyone still after ulting because his ult does ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY FIVE FUCKING DAMAGE AT MAX RANK!

KAKLAW
07-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Overhead kick should've been cc immune in from the start and so was the passive buff.

10 Hand shadow still heals for piss poor amounts since you are hitting for 240 health tops while Tyr has ~420, Sobek's 3 scales and has heal reduction, Herc heals for 220 with no enemy hitting him, Bellona heals a lot overtime with her 3.

The ult giving double passive is a pretty weird idea. The passive caps at 8 and it disappears after 5 seconds so doubling it seems to be very weird to me. You can't build it before a fight and You can't load it like ammo where doing 48 hits gives him 8 buffed 1's as long as the buff is up. What direction were they going for this? The damage is useless you might as well remove it.

KAKLAW
07-10-2015, 06:42 PM

DemonLordSapdes you have to understand that in the PTS his 1 gave 10% per stacks accidentlly and his 3 rooted for 1 second.

It changed nothing to say the least.

Ratatoskr is not horrible, he is in an very good spot.

Understatement of the year

HawkboyJr
07-10-2015, 06:46 PM

You mean her slow moving line shot that silences her? Or her main damage source that takes 2 seconds to detonate? Nox is still a pretty average mage, I can't see either of these (fairly minor) changes significantly altering her viability.

Goobis
07-10-2015, 06:57 PM

Do you even play this game? Or are you just a troll?

MiyobiKumagawa
07-10-2015, 07:01 PM
This Ravana buff I can hardly call it a buff because he still falls under AA champ Osiris and counterpart Nemesis.

I'll give him a try to see how much was improved, but there are still better picks over him due to the underwhelming skill damage he brings. His basic attack damage is lower than Osiris, like really?

Also Rataskor is OP, me and Rainbow know this from experience of how fast he can burst you down in one shot with just two skills alone.

I played freakin Geb and my shield couldn't save him.

Trubblegum
07-10-2015, 07:36 PM
You mean her slow moving line shot that silences her? Or her main damage source that takes 2 seconds to detonate? Nox is still a pretty average mage, I can't see either of these (fairly minor) changes significantly altering her viability.

You mean the mage with a fairly average difficulty, free aegis, and a combo that DOES oneshot people lategame?

You forget, she can AEGIS during it. And she can beads, effectively making her immune to any attempt to interrupt her.

BhastetKurza
07-10-2015, 07:54 PM
This Ravana buff I can hardly call it a buff because he still falls under AA champ Osiris and counterpart Nemesis.

I'll give him a try to see how much was improved, but there are still better picks over him due to the underwhelming skill damage he brings. His basic attack damage is lower than Osiris, like really?

Also Rataskor is OP, me and Rainbow know this from experience of how fast he can burst you down in one shot with just two skills alone.

He has the best AA chain in the game apparently now.

MiyobiKumagawa
07-10-2015, 08:02 PM
He has the best AA chain in the game apparently now.

Well that's before I heard about the attack chain change. Now he will be my main man next to Odin.

BigDingus
07-10-2015, 08:19 PM
That Sylvanus skin...

Why keep making Exclusive/Limited skins for gods who don't have an non-eclusive gem skin yet? :(

Sylvanus skin?! Where can I see this? Now I'm excited :)

Nightr0d
07-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Gods - Balance/Updates/Fixes

http://hirezstudios.blob.core.windows.net/sitefinity/smite-god-icons/2036.jpg
Nox
“Nox silences herself while channeling Shadow Lock, so we wanted to give her some options to defend herself while in this state. She can now use actives that do not use a targeter. This includes actives such as Sprint, Purification Beads, and Aegis.”
Shadow Lock
[LIST] Fixed an issue where Nox could cast this ability twice.
You can now use instant cast active items while channeling this ability, without interruption.
This ability is no longer affected by Crowd Control Reduction, as long as Nox is still channeling.

Wait...does that mean that Nox can now use something like Aegis Pendant while channeling? Urh...will this not make it possible to guarantee a kill. Let's say you hit the enemy adc and he attacks you, you pop Aegis and melt him since you are now invulnerable. I mean, I'm just brainstorming here but it feels like the abuse potential of this is huge.

BhastetKurza
07-10-2015, 08:25 PM
Wait...does that mean that Nox can now use something like Aegis Pendant while channeling? Urh...will this not make it possible to guarantee a kill. Let's say you hit the enemy adc and he attacks you, you pop Aegis and melt him since you are now invulnerable. I mean, I'm just brainstorming here but it feels like the abuse potential of this is huge.

Nox's 1 doesn't even do enough damage to make what you said even remotely possible.

It's an incredibly weak skill.

Nightr0d
07-10-2015, 08:29 PM
Nox's 1 doesn't even do enough damage to make what you said even remotely possible.

It's an incredibly weak skill.

Not if you combo it with the rest of her kit. Plus, whoever said it's her who needs to get the kill. Late game with that ability she can lock in an adc and aegis. This makes it impossible for the adc to get out if he does not have beads up and nobody can dmg her in the mean time. Basically you either force beads or you kill him. She can just root then wait for beads, if he uses beads no prob if not and you get focused then just aegis while the team finishes him off.

This is not a single player game. Ability combos are common. Try to think outside the box.

BhastetKurza
07-10-2015, 08:30 PM
Not if you combo it with the rest of her kit. Plus, whoever said it's her who needs to get the kill. Late game with that ability she can lock in an adc and aegis. This makes it impossible for the adc to get out if he does not have beads up and nobody can dmg her in the mean time. Basically you either force beads or you kill him.

Or they can just dash because the 1 is a root and all ADC's but two have movement abilities.

In most situations Nox is going to miss.

It's not too bad.

Azilo
07-10-2015, 08:40 PM
Yes. Let's continue /nerfing/ Ratatoskr, as if you didn't already fuck him over.

BhastetKurza
07-10-2015, 08:52 PM
Yes. Let's continue /nerfing/ Ratatoskr, as if you didn't already fuck him over.

Stop being drunk.

Anyone with half of a brain knows that Ratatoskr is one of the most overpowered gods in the game.

Grilleds
07-10-2015, 08:56 PM

Nox IS a weakness.

You mean the mage with a fairly average difficulty, free aegis, and a combo that DOES oneshot people lategame?

You forget, she can AEGIS during it. And she can beads, effectively making her immune to any attempt to interrupt her.
Her "combo" requires you to land a very easily dodged skillshot, within another even easier dodged skillshot, then follow it up with an ult that takes like a second to fire and a very short ranged dash, and all of that is still less burst damage than a few other mages in the game can output at less of a risk and with less skill and luck involved.

Even if you don't interrupt her, it's a root. You need to land it right within her silence AoE in order to guarantee they can't just hop out of it.

You can point at the numbers all you want, she just isn't viable at the moment due to how difficult it is for her to actually make those numbers happen vs someone with working arrow keys.

MiyobiKumagawa
07-10-2015, 09:00 PM

I would like to point out my quote:

BigDingus
07-10-2015, 09:18 PM
When is this patch supposed to be live? Next Tuesday?

HawkboyJr
07-10-2015, 10:26 PM

So? You can also beads... assuming she even hits her root/silence combo. That's her entire kit and an active in exchange of one of yours, a damn good trade.

BhastetKurza
07-10-2015, 10:57 PM
When is this patch supposed to be live? Next Tuesday?

Hai.

/10char

BigDingus
07-10-2015, 11:28 PM
So? You can also beads... assuming she even hits her root/silence combo. That's her entire kit and an active in exchange of one of yours, a damn good trade.

Exactly what I was thinking. Nox feels far from OP to me. She's entirely dependent on hitting her root, so if you can weave and space, she's pretty harmless. That silence is easy to avoid, and even if she does hit her root and you're not in her silence, it's just a regular CC ability that also silences her (except for actives now). She does a lot of damage if it all works out, but that's the same for most mages. An Anubis 3 that he can spam every 4 seconds can damn near kill most squishies outright.

Matrixbeast
07-10-2015, 11:33 PM
I don't think Ravana's buffs are enough.
His passive is essentially useless (Only buffing one attack, which maxes out at 8 stacks anyway) and his ult does far too little damage. I know it's meant to keep a fight going, not to score kills alone, but the pitiful damage makes it feel like a waste of mana unless it's against a straggler.

Everything else is just eh. I still think Nox's ult's cooldown is extremely ridiculous for how underwhelming it is, but I guess this patch isn't that big.

RainbowSplat
07-11-2015, 12:05 AM

rata is perm banned or perm picked in high tier rank diamond/master he is extremely good still

LolFZen
07-11-2015, 12:29 AM
I think at least make Nox can use auto when she used skill 1 hit the target.
I'm confuse why she cant attack auto when her chain somebody...
come on she need some buff....

BloodyCastrator
07-11-2015, 02:27 AM
Honestly I expected more, a Neith nerf would have been great but hirez will be hirez.

Aramey
07-11-2015, 02:52 AM
Wow, this Nox "buff" is more like just a fix. She's still the worst Scylla. She still does no damage unless the enemy is caught in a CC wombo combo and has no beads... Does someone play her on Conquest?

BhastetKurza
07-11-2015, 02:53 AM
Wow, this Nox "buff" is more like just a fix. She still does no damage unless the enemy is caught in a CC wombo combo and has no beads... Does someone play her on Conquest?

I do all of the time as a rank VII Nox.

In the mid lane no less.

GoldenSkill
07-11-2015, 03:03 AM
Just imagine how awesome ravana would be, if he has a jump instead of his 1, a passive that increases his AA dmg for each hit and an ult that is a self buff/debuff instead of an initiation tool.
High sustain, high single targect dmg.
Buff his 3 and he will be fine.
This is the warrior I always wanted. Simple, and easy, his skills are there to protect him, while his AAs will destroy if hitting gods for too long. Mix of a guardian and assassin.

TaintedSphere
07-11-2015, 05:32 AM
Yeah, kill hearseeker even more, it needs it (sarcasm)

Ichimarou
07-11-2015, 09:56 AM
So now you need less brain to use NOX because even if you make a little mistake while channeling her skills you still can bead/aegis out. Nice move to make this god casual crap.

Also something no one got aware of is that you buff the DMG of HoG a little bit again BUT you dont increase the life of Bastets cats again. You nerfed her cats so HoG would still be a counter.

Rata fix...well i always wondert why the CD on LV 1 was lower than all other ranks.

SkyGhost
07-11-2015, 10:22 AM
What do you mean new Sylvanus Skin?

HawkboyJr
07-11-2015, 10:57 AM
So now you need less brain to use NOX because even if you make a little mistake while channeling her skills you still can bead/aegis out. Nice move to make this god casual crap.

Also something no one got aware of is that you buff the DMG of HoG a little bit again BUT you dont increase the life of Bastets cats again. You nerfed her cats so HoG would still be a counter.

Rata fix...well i always wondert why the CD on LV 1 was lower than all other ranks.
The change was only to HoG3 and only against objectives. Bastet's cats are unaffected by this change.

Ascan7
07-11-2015, 12:18 PM
I don't think any of you understand that 80% max multiplier damage is actually nuts. It will blow people up.

Lol really? Prahna Onslaught is weak as ****. its unbuffed damage it's inferior to the 2

Trubblegum
07-11-2015, 03:50 PM
Lol really? Prahna Onslaught is weak as ****. its unbuffed damage it's inferior to the 2

It also has a 20% slow and a 6s cooldown.

Ichimarou
07-11-2015, 04:33 PM
The change was only to HoG3 and only against objectives. Bastet's cats are unaffected by this change.

Well then never mind. :x

KAKLAW
07-11-2015, 04:42 PM

That's not amazing in the grand scheme of things when you comapre it to other gods with slows in their kits and how it meshes.

Pyromainiac
07-11-2015, 05:36 PM
Only good thing I see is the ravana patch. Gf and hog are still irrelevant. Hopefully the next new isnt as underwhelming as this Ravana.

BlueFast
07-11-2015, 10:52 PM

If you can get 80 hits without losing the passive, you should probably be buying Qins anyway...

BlueFast
07-11-2015, 10:55 PM
Wow, this Nox "buff" is more like just a fix. She's still the worst Scylla. She still does no damage unless the enemy is caught in a CC wombo combo and has no beads... Does someone play her on Conquest?

But if she gets the CC, her 2 can easily do over 1000 damage late.

Also, ever heard of teamwork? A Ymir stun into that thing, or any motion-limiting CC at all pretty much confirms that damage.

BhastetKurza
07-11-2015, 11:25 PM
But if she gets the CC, her 2 can easily do over 1000 damage late.

Also, ever heard of teamwork? A Ymir stun into that thing, or any motion-limiting CC at all pretty much confirms that damage.

Scylla out damages Nox with her 1+2 or even a 2+1 especially. That one does way more damage than Nox's combo.

Trubblegum
07-11-2015, 11:59 PM
Scylla out damages Nox with her 1+2 or even a 2+1 especially. That one does way more damage than Nox's combo.

You're sending mixed messages. Is Nox the OP piece of crap or is Scylla?

BhastetKurza
07-12-2015, 12:02 AM
You're sending mixed messages. Is Nox the OP piece of crap or is Scylla?

Scylla is the OP piece of crap.
She can interchange her 2 and 1 and still do more area damage than Nox without being limited to 1 person.

Sure Nox's silence is annoying late game but the most it will do is cancel your abilities and the you walk out of it unless you are the 1 person who got hit by a raven, in which instance you are dead.

Scylla will just cast 1 which will root and cripple all 3 of you, then 2 which will kill two of you and perhaps ult the remaining ones to death.

People are denying Scylla's control but a 3 man root/cripple sounds broken to me.

That being said, Scylla is still my bae.

Ascan7
07-12-2015, 06:53 AM

and the lowest range to every skill ever

Ichimarou
07-12-2015, 07:20 AM

Youre forgetting that Scylla cant root adn silence you (basically making you useless) for 2 seconds with big confirmed dmg. Skylla at least has to Lv her skills up to get AoE cripple. Nox doesnt need to Lv up to get AoE silence.

BlueFast
07-12-2015, 07:27 AM

Scylla has been overperforming over other mages for a while now, however, the only CC she has is her 1, and a situational slow on her 2. where Nox has a root + silence, making it impossible to ignore the damage without beads.

Edit: 69th reply

BhastetKurza
07-12-2015, 08:03 AM
Youre forgetting that Scylla cant root adn silence you (basically making you useless) for 2 seconds with big confirmed dmg. Skylla at least has to Lv her skills up to get AoE cripple. Nox doesnt need to Lv up to get AoE silence.
Nox also wont be one shotting people unti late game.

Scylla by the time she is about level 14 can already do these things and still hurt more than Nox.

Scylla has been overperforming over other mages for a while now, however, the only CC she has is her 1, and a situational slow on her 2. where Nox has a root + silence, making it impossible to ignore the damage without beads.

Edit: 69th reply
You undermine Scylla yet again.

Scylla's one roots and cripples at the same time, meaning that you will take the damage unless you use beads or unless you are Janus/Cabrakan.

Scylla also has protection strip on her 2.

Scylla has a lot of control just like Nox does and even more since she has an AoE root/cripple/slow/magical protection debuff.

A 3 second persistent silence and a root that can be escaped from are troublesome but they are not death like getting caught by Scylla unless you get caught by the raven.

Scylla also has much lower cooldowns and with CDR she can be much more prevalent than Nox with her 1 silence every 9 seconds as opposed to Scylla firing off multiple abilites every 6.

Ichimarou
07-12-2015, 12:12 PM
Skylla:
1.) 1 Cripple (on Lv 5 AoE)
2.) ! Huge AoE Dmg skill with a Loooong loading time.
3.) 3 DMG skills.
4.) Ulti can be used more than once per time.
5.) 1 Escape.

Nox:
1.) 1 Root.
2.) One huge AoE DMG spell like Skylla BUT with silence on it.
3.) 4 DMG skills.
4.)Ulti has a longer Range and hit in an AoE around the target. (also DoTs)
5.) Can dash away or hide inside the tank.(And come out in an AoE DMG.
6.) Hitting her skill combo makes 1 god useless and "FORCES" him to use beads /aegis.

I would say NOX is a noselenght ahead.

Grilleds
07-12-2015, 07:18 PM
Nox also wont be one shotting people unti late game.

Scylla by the time she is about level 14 can already do these things and still hurt more than Nox.

You undermine Scylla yet again.

Scylla's one roots and cripples at the same time, meaning that you will take the damage unless you use beads or unless you are Janus/Cabrakan.

Scylla also has protection strip on her 2.

Scylla has a lot of control just like Nox does and even more since she has an AoE root/cripple/slow/magical protection debuff.

A 3 second persistent silence and a root that can be escaped from are troublesome but they are not death like getting caught by Scylla unless you get caught by the raven.

Scylla also has much lower cooldowns and with CDR she can be much more prevalent than Nox with her 1 silence every 9 seconds as opposed to Scylla firing off multiple abilites every 6.

Fenrir, Thor, Ratatoskr, and a few other gods can get out of Scylla's root with an ult. Fenrir deserves special mention because it won't even delay him.

Skylla:
1.) 1 Cripple (on Lv 5 AoE)
2.) ! Huge AoE Dmg skill with a Loooong loading time.
3.) 3 DMG skills.
4.) Ulti can be used more than once per time.
5.) 1 Escape.

Nox:
1.) 1 Root.
2.) One huge AoE DMG spell like Skylla BUT with silence on it.
3.) 4 DMG skills.
4.)Ulti has a longer Range and hit in an AoE around the target. (also DoTs)
5.) Can dash away or hide inside the tank.(And come out in an AoE DMG.
6.) Hitting her skill combo makes 1 god useless and "FORCES" him to use beads /aegis.

I would say NOX is a noselenght ahead.

You are looking at their kits but not how their kits are applied. Nox needs to combine her abilities to do any real damage, and that requires landing a tricky skillshot. Scylla CAN combine her abilities but doesn't need to, and the Crush AoE is so huge that you can manage a near 100% hit rate with it easily.

Also Nox's ult doesn't go through walls, which occasionally causes it's rather large hitbox to be a drawback.

IgnitionSwitch
07-12-2015, 08:13 PM
If you can get 80 hits without losing the passive, you should probably be buying Qins anyway...

What..? The full 80% only requires 8 hits, not 80. 80 would be impossible.

ThatTubbyGuy
07-13-2015, 09:33 AM
Guessing the next summer skin won't be until next week then?

RainbowSplat
07-13-2015, 11:34 AM
Guessing the next summer skin won't be until next week then?

its tomorow atleast it should be tomorow becuz they released one item per week

Goobis
07-13-2015, 12:12 PM

Oh shit that's right, isn't the patch tomorrow as well?

ThatTubbyGuy
07-13-2015, 12:28 PM

Okay. There was just no mention of it. I want that skin because then I will get the Anhur skin

RainbowSplat
07-13-2015, 12:38 PM
Oh shit that's right, isn't the patch tomorrow as well?

yeah its tomorow

Okay. There was just no mention of it. I want that skin because then I will get the Anhur skin

so do i bro :) cant w8 to gt my hands on that skin il spam anhur to X

ThatTubbyGuy
07-13-2015, 12:45 PM
yeah its tomorow

so do i bro :) cant w8 to gt my hands on that skin il spam anhur to X

I know right,. Sadly visiting people so I cant play Smite much at all :(

CxxProphet
07-14-2015, 03:40 PM
You guys still need to update the description for Nox's Shadow Lock to include that it gives you a brief period of bonus movement speed while channeling.

ABatthos
07-14-2015, 06:33 PM
You guys still need to update the description for Nox's Shadow Lock to include that it gives you a brief period of bonus movement speed while channeling.

If I'm not wrong it only removes the backpedal penalty while channeling, but yes, they should add it to description. Or maybe it's just an optical ilusion?

I would really like Nox to take damage when inside someone but at the same time mitigate that damage for the possesed one. With a 30% for both things (damage she receives and mitigation) she could give a total of 60% mitigation to an ally when combined with her Ult and have 100% for her but only with ult effect, so it's not an aegis and it resembles more the percentage her old shield mitigated. This, albeit not being the only one, is at least the change I would most love to be implemented.

And for the people saying she's OP or the popular "worst scylla" description (more like "sawherhavingAOE+ROOTsoshe=scylla". First play with her and see what she really brings to the table. She's not Scylla, she's completely not Scylla. Having 2 abilities somewhat similar to Scylla doesn't make her Scylla... please, your commentaries implying it in this absolute way are just sad. Nox's more like an initiator/team helper with good burst potential as any other mage (althought harder to confirm), and Scylla is more of an unstoppable train of doom that once out of the station will wreck everything in front of her.

IFlip92
07-14-2015, 08:24 PM
I think Nox is THE most valuable team member you can have now with her new kit. Placing her 2 right can give tremendous advantage over anyone as they can't use any ability really, or stop an already channeled ability (like Cabrakan tremor). You can render 3+ enemies ability-less for 1 or more seconds (depending how long they stay in your 2). Nevermind its damage and that it can prevent escapes too. Love the new Nox., she climbed my top played Gods now.

Grilleds
07-14-2015, 08:30 PM
I think Nox is THE most valuable team member you can have now with her new kit. Placing her 2 right can give tremendous advantage over anyone as they can't use any ability really, or stop an already channeled ability (like Cabrakan tremor). You can render 3+ enemies ability-less for 1 or more seconds (depending how long they stay in your 2). Nevermind its damage and that it can prevent escapes too. Love the new Nox., she climbed my top played Gods now.

It's way too easy to just walk out of the AoE if Nox doesn't land her root immediately afterwards. I'd rather have Athena who can do the same thing with taunt, provide extra tanking to the team, and has a less situational kit.

Nox more or less needs the team to be built around her for her to truly perform well.

IFlip92
07-14-2015, 08:51 PM
It's way too easy to just walk out of the AoE if Nox doesn't land her root immediately afterwards. I'd rather have Athena who can do the same thing with taunt, provide extra tanking to the team, and has a less situational kit.

Nox more or less needs the team to be built around her for her to truly perform well.

I disagree. You disrupt the enemy by making him walk out of position and out of the 2 anyway, the root is irrelevant, giving priceless advantage to the team fight. Athena does NOT do the same thing because her taunt is a cone with small range and her AOE does not silence. The key here is the Silence, rendering enemies mostly useless in a rather large AOE. Built with CDR you have a reliable enemy disabler. Add to that the initiation ability with her 3 on a melee ally and you have a force to be reckoned with.

PS: Scylla's root is just as tricky to pull off as Nox's. They're both slow and dodgeable. And Nox seems to be less squishier than Scylla (not sure on their stats).

CxxProphet
07-14-2015, 09:18 PM
If I'm not wrong it only removes the backpedal penalty while channeling, but yes, they should add it to description. Or maybe it's just an optical ilusion?

When channeling someone who tried to chase you, Nox will always be facing them even when you have camera pointed in the direction you want to go, Nox will still backpedal, but yes it removes the penalty while moving backwards for the duration of the channeling or until you cancel it.

ABatthos
07-14-2015, 09:32 PM
When channeling someone who tried to chase you, Nox will always be facing them even when you have camera pointed in the direction you want to go, Nox will still backpedal, but yes it removes the penalty while moving backwards for the duration of the channeling or until you cancel it.

Maybe because of that. I mean, facing them is just something ahestetic because the ability could have been designed so you can look around while channeling too. It's just an optical ilusion, as you can't cast any ability or basic attack when channeling, the backpedal penalty doesn't need to stay, neither pressing W nor S.

Grilleds
07-15-2015, 05:34 AM
I disagree. You disrupt the enemy by making him walk out of position and out of the 2 anyway, the root is irrelevant, giving priceless advantage to the team fight. Athena does NOT do the same thing because her taunt is a cone with small range and her AOE does not silence. The key here is the Silence, rendering enemies mostly useless in a rather large AOE. Built with CDR you have a reliable enemy disabler. Add to that the initiation ability with her 3 on a melee ally and you have a force to be reckoned with.

PS: Scylla's root is just as tricky to pull off as Nox's. They're both slow and dodgeable. And Nox seems to be less squishier than Scylla (not sure on their stats).
Athena's taunt still breaks channeling abilities, and is on a pretty low cooldown, AND she can follow it up with her main damage ability afterwards.

Scylla's root doesn't silence her after she casts it, and does it's damage in one burst rather than DoT ticks.

Zerooxrage
07-15-2015, 08:49 AM
when is the new patch overview coming it's the day it should be coming right?

BhastetKurza
07-15-2015, 09:08 AM
when is the new patch overview coming it's the day it should be coming right?

It should be today.

Trubblegum
07-15-2015, 01:17 PM
It should be today.

In about 2 hours.

Zerooxrage
07-15-2015, 01:29 PM
still isn't here :/

scerviche
07-15-2015, 01:54 PM
I love the fact that Sun Wukong's tickle stick does more damage then Ravana's ult. Man, Ravana is one horrible god.

Zerooxrage
07-15-2015, 02:00 PM
indeed he is even after the buff he still needs some more

hurshy21
07-15-2015, 08:12 PM
I think there is a typo here: "Heartseeker / Doom Orb
Now round up when losing half stacks on death, to a minimum of 1."

Those items were deleted from the game in previous patch, please correct.

These items weren't deleted

matthewjs99
09-06-2015, 09:55 PM
Boy, i swear to god this game is fun as fuck but why the FUCK do I get a deserter penalty when this broke ass game crashes in between que times. Ive never left a goddamn game in my life. Please tell me why when this shit cant handle skype running in the background and crashes that i deserve a damn deserter penalty and 0 fucking goodwill. Anyone here play dota? Boy if you dont

Jezereal
09-06-2015, 11:03 PM
lol, necro. Nothing else to say.

Ichimarou
09-07-2015, 06:15 AM
lol, necro. Nothing else to say.

I just say also wrong thread for his matter.

AlexError
09-07-2015, 10:08 AM
Thread locked, since the discussion is largely outdated and irrelevant now.