PDA

View Full Version : An excellent idea for a mage only item

TheNapalmDragon
07-03-2015, 07:21 AM
Personally I feel there needs to be a magical counter to crits so i have come up with an idea that there be an item that increases in-hand attack RANGE for mages nothing to drastic (maybe 1-5 units) but lets face it. if a mage gets ganked by a hunter or assassin and there escape is on CD then they are dead Xbal hits over 2k damage late game (no joke I checked the "killed by" screen 2051 basic atk dmg), and Art can root and then she has an uber STIM and boom your dead. This item or family of items would be used to hit hunters before they can start hitting back.

This is just my personal idea from a guy who mains mages and is tired of not having a magical only item like physical gods have.

Fusionsamurai
07-03-2015, 11:02 AM
Personally I feel there needs to be a magical counter to crits so i have come up with an idea that there be an item that increases in-hand attack RANGE for mages nothing to drastic (maybe 1-5 units) but lets face it. if a mage gets ganked by a hunter or assassin and there escape is on CD then they are dead Xbal hits over 2k damage late game (no joke I checked the "killed by" screen 2051 basic atk dmg), and Art can root and then she has an uber STIM and boom your dead. This item or family of items would be used to hit hunters before they can start hitting back.

This is just my personal idea from a guy who mains mages and is tired of not having a magical only item like physical gods have. there is already a defensive anti-crit helmet. I believe it is celestial helm. It absorbs a crit every few seconds.

TheNapalmDragon
07-03-2015, 06:43 PM
there is already a defensive anti-crit helmet. I believe it is celestial helm. It absorbs a crit every few seconds.
But the problem with the celestial legion helm is that its not a very good item on a burst mage (as these item would be for due to them giving a longer attack range) mostly only support and healers buy it and it only absorbs crits every 6 seconds by the time this has absorbed one crit and is off CD your probably dead.

P.S I am not trying to be rude I just have to put some counter points in to show that this game needs a fully online item that counters crits without having to go on CD, and I believe this is the best way to do it.

Trubblegum
07-03-2015, 06:45 PM
there is already a defensive anti-crit helmet. I believe it is celestial helm. It absorbs a crit every few seconds.

Celestial helm is a piece of shit on the best of days...

TheNapalmDragon
07-03-2015, 06:51 PM

I completely agree which is why this game needs a more direct counter to crits I.E items only magical power users can have (physical people have there crits). and this would be in the form of in hand range increasing items, Because as of now a hunter is supposed to be a sustained damage carry but if they are hitting over 1k damage and there attack speed is 1.9 at the least then what is the good of having celestial helm.

P.S this is not me saying hunters are OP I just think there needs to be a "full class counter" to them as every class has its checks and balances hunters seem to loose those at the end of the game

AlexError
07-04-2015, 10:49 AM

Then surely buffing the item would be better than making a new item altogether.

Fusionsamurai
07-04-2015, 12:36 PM
The point of counter play is to make it where you can fight back against someone with an advantage. What counterplay does is helps you deal with a problem with sacrifice. Celestial helm protects from crits, but you have to sacrifice some burst for it. Divine ruin cuts enemy healing, but you sacrifice some power for it. (totally worth) .

I never said celestial was good for anything. It is made to counter crits. Honestly, they should make it worth buying by giving it a Geb passive type deal. To make up for the strength of the passive, it would have to give shit other stats.

Maybe-

Celestial Legion Helm
Price:2200

25 physical protections
200 health
30 Magical power

Passive: Damage dealt by critical hits is reduced by 50%

It would pretty much negate the effectts of DeathBringer.

KAKLAW
07-04-2015, 07:00 PM
It would pretty much negate the effectts of DeathBringer.

They still have a 50 power item with 20% crit chance on top that still lets you crit for lower values but it still good.

You on the other hand just bought a low a power low protection item that only works on crit.

The Crusher is all about tower destruction but it's still a good stat stick.

You want the item to be like the Crusher, an item with mazing stats and a good passive, not Divine Ruin with shit stats with a passive being the thing that redeems it.

Fusionsamurai
07-04-2015, 07:58 PM
They still have a 50 power item with 20% crit chance on top that still lets you crit for lower values but it still good.

You on the other hand just bought a low a power low protection item that only works on crit.

The Crusher is all about tower destruction but it's still a good stat stick.

You want the item to be like the Crusher, an item with mazing stats and a good passive, not Divine Ruin with shit stats with a passive being the thing that redeems it.

Low damage crits aren't nearly as big a deal. Deathbringer costs 3000 gold to help balance it's destructive power. To make a counter as good as you want, it would be equally priced. You want something that counters crit to be lower power and thus lower priced.

It could be bought early to make hunters take longer to start wrecking. It needs to be to the point of negating crit damage, you want the stats it gives to be lower so it will have a low enough price to be affordable early.

CaptainDoomsday
07-05-2015, 12:09 PM
It'd be bad to start making items for single classes. A magic item that increases basic range and power would be phenominal (and not stack with Freya's 2, but allow Ao to basic from about his 3's range constantly, but I'm not sure how much trying to shot-for-shot a Hunter will help you if ganked.