PDA

View Full Version : Is racism and police brutality as bad as it is made out to be?

PeempDaddy
07-01-2015, 11:44 AM
Lately racism and police brutality have been a really big headliner, I live in a small city around Minneapolis (Considered one of the most dangerous cities) but I don't think racism and police brutality is a big thing here. Most cops I meet are nice and I never hear talk anyone complaining about how the cops around here do their job, for the most part people of all ethnicity are taken care of the same way. I know racist people exist and some racist cops exist but why are people acting like any officer who takes a minority into custody or even interrogates them is automatically a racist? I am Mexican and Native American (Lakota) but never had any problem with dealing with police. So what I want to ask you other "minorities" is if you have had any issues with racism and or the law?

ImAeternalis
07-04-2015, 09:23 AM
Nope.

People will blow anything out of proportion to get what they want.

Pokechu212
07-04-2015, 01:35 PM
Some people just want things to cry about.

Trubblegum
07-04-2015, 02:35 PM
PB yes, Racism no.

For example, PB is pretty bad, but it might being fixed soon through bodycams.

Racism is based on offending people. The problem with Racism, however, is in culturally varied areas, white VS black crimes will always turn in favor of the black, because it is assumed the crime was the white person's fault and he was being racist. People need to realize that not all white people are racist, and not all racists are white.

Pokechu212
07-04-2015, 03:53 PM
Racism is based on offending people. The problem with Racism, however, is in culturally varied areas, white VS black crimes will always turn in favor of the black, because it is assumed the crime was the white person's fault and he was being racist. People need to realize that not all white people are racist, and not all racists are white.
That, and the fact that racism will really never be "solved." Racism is essentially the same thing as bullying in the sense that it will always be there.