PDA

View Full Version : Combo Breaker Patch Notes | 06/30

Pages : 1 [2]

BhastetKurza
06-28-2015, 05:03 PM
So are many of the gods whose lore is misrepresented by their skills in smite (to one degree or another). Loki is above all known as a shapeshifter, and a bit less as a magician (his current in game character ressemble more Marvel movies' Loki's powers than his well identifiable traits in lore). Odin is even a worse offender, he is first and foremost the god of rune magic, and a ruler (the team he looks upon, win). Sounds far more of a guardian, and his skills represent nothing of his lore. Apollo is a well known god of archery - and while the rest of his kit does fit him, having him firing fingerguns, as fun as Smite apollo is, his AAs are a clear mismatch - while Medusa, who is neither a god nor famous for being an archer, strangely carries an actual bow (still, Apollo is a minor offender compared to others, I give you that). Mercury's personality is a mistmatch (he is not exactly described as a exaggerated stereotypical ADHD, far from it - at least his kit matches). Thor doesnt bring any lightning or rain, some of his most famous features (although I do find his kit not so bad, but missing one of his main attributes is still on the misrepresentation side). Xbalanque's ult fits Nox more than it fits any other god (if he is a moon god, he should bring clarity to the night, not darkness - meanwhile, Nox is darkness). List probably goes on, but my point is not that Ravana is good or bad, just that given how smite threats lore, that is not a valid complaint unless we are complaining about the other gods in the same situation. Otherwise is a fallacy, is treating one case as more special than others, making one point more relevant to one god than it is for others in the same exact boat.

Fair points.

I am mainly upset because the god is a fucking "copy and paste" god rather than a unique one.

He offers nothing new.

Fuck Ravana.

TopSword
06-28-2015, 10:47 PM
I like most patches but this one irks me. 150 hp at all levels on cats is a tad harsh. If you don't like the ult hi-rez just give us something else instead of the long, slow swirl of a toilet flush that this one is becoming. It's already useless past midgame and is now going to fall off even sooner. Well done you brought it back to beta when it was buffed for being terribad. The nerfs to magi's also hurt a lot in such a cc heavy game like this. Roots and stuns are thrown around like candy and now gods without them are even less viable. At least beads are still there but the safety just makes more apparent a glaring problem. Not a lot of reason to pick bast over the more mobile Serqet or control heavy thor anymore. Thanks for the nerfs design jerks.
Other than that the ward changes confuse the crap out of me. Probably my elo but it seemed like only a select few of us bought wards to begin with. It works out fine when everyone cooperates and does their job. Hurts those that try to cover for someone who is behind though. Heartseeker is now much more scary and was already a little ridiculous. A lot of the decisions feel....kneejerk and icky.

Trubblegum
06-28-2015, 10:52 PM
I like most patches but this one irks me. 150 hp at all levels on cats is a tad harsh. If you don't like the ult hi-rez just give us something else instead of the long, slow swirl of a toilet flush that this one is becoming. It's already useless past midgame and is now going to fall off even sooner. Well done you brought it back to beta when it was buffed for being terribad. The nerfs to magi's also hurt a lot in such a cc heavy game like this. Roots and stuns are thrown around like candy and now gods without them are even less viable. At least beads are still there but the safety just makes more apparent a glaring problem. Not a lot of reason to pick bast over the more mobile Serqet or control heavy thor anymore. Thanks for the nerfs design jerks.
Other than that the ward changes confuse the crap out of me. Probably my elo but it seemed like only a select few of us bought wards to begin with. It works out fine when everyone cooperates and does their job. Hurts those that try to cover for someone who is behind though. Heartseeker is now much more scary and was already a little ridiculous. A lot of the decisions feel....kneejerk and icky.

They nerfed the cats because of the Hog nerf.

And Heartseeker was actually removed from the game. Ignore the big wall of text, it basically says "Removed".

BhastetKurza
06-28-2015, 10:57 PM
They nerfed the cats because of the Hog nerf.

And Heartseeker was actually removed from the game. Ignore the big wall of text, it basically says "Removed".

Same with Doom Orb.

Trubblegum
06-28-2015, 11:02 PM
Same with Doom Orb.

Also with Magi's.

A lot of text to say "Removed"

ImAeternalis
06-28-2015, 11:35 PM
I like most patches but this one irks me. 150 hp at all levels on cats is a tad harsh.

No, it's not. Bastet needs to have a nerf on all of her abilities. She actually received a buff because of hog no longer existing.
If you don't like the ult hi-rez just give us something else instead of the long, slow swirl of a toilet flush that this one is becoming.
It's already useless past midgame and is now going to fall off even sooner.
Bastet's ult is useful throughout the game. She can use it to bodyblock late game or take down a phoenix for free.

Well done you brought it back to beta when it was buffed for being terribad. The nerfs to magi's also hurt a lot in such a cc heavy game like this. Roots and stuns are thrown around like candy and now gods without them are even less viable. At least beads are still there but the safety just makes more apparent a glaring problem. Not a lot of reason to pick bast over the more mobile Serqet or control heavy thor anymore. Thanks for the nerfs design jerks.

I agree with everything else.

AcolyteofGods
06-29-2015, 12:32 AM
So I know this is not likely to go over well but after personally being mortified with everything about this patch agree with Hi Rez's decisions. While it seems like most things are getting nerfed underground, in a way they are basically buffing all roles and the ability for a team to create comeback potential.

The wards. I as a support player, love my wards. But currently wards are so easy to use that its downright ridiculous, and whenever I jungle I curse their very existence. The ward nerf is giving presence back to junglers. Now even warded players will feel more insecure, as it leaves holes that jungle players can exploit, and also leaves more room for rotations to occur. I see this helping the snowball effect of laners, as other lanes will be able to more effectively support their teammates, without the out of control snowballer being able to see them coming from a mile away.

As for changes to hog and jungle camps, while I don't want to go back to the 10 second fights, i think these allows diversity and makes supports (and sometimes junglers) more than walking Hog3 machines. Plus, everyone seems to have missed the part that says that the nerfed jungle camps, both the damage they do and the health that they have. Before, i felt like I needed hog to even have a chance at clearing. Now, I feel like jungle camps can be cleared safer and more effectively, even with hog down. If a camp was up and I didn't have hog, most of the time id just ignore it even with great clear junglers like hun bats, simple because all id get was a shit load of damage and wasted time for seemingly small experience and gold rewards.

Although I havent been able to try things in practice on the PTR, I support Hi Rez's idea and what they are trying to accomplish. Although cringing to look at to see how much the game will be changed as a result of this patch, in reality, Hi Rez is trying to change the game from an in lane grind fest, to one where cooperation through rotation is the new normal.

AcolyteofGods
06-29-2015, 12:34 AM
[QUOTE=AcolyteofGods;371304]So I know this is not likely to go over well but after personally being mortified with everything about this patch agree with Hi Rez's decisions.

Initially. Not personally

Dissmised
06-29-2015, 04:09 AM
Game not balanced, pls delete all gods except Bachuus to make the game playable.

PS It's true

DarkStroke
06-29-2015, 06:47 AM
I feel like Hi-Rez does not balancing, but forcing us to use items they would like to see us using. Disappointing.

Amoradon
06-29-2015, 10:56 AM
Thank you. Your buff for Qin's Sais will help me and all Osirises.

Mindblower77
06-29-2015, 11:26 AM
Thank you. Your buff for Qin's Sais will help me and all Osirises.

And all AA Warriors and Assassins.

RainbowSplat
06-29-2015, 01:47 PM
And all AA Warriors and Assassins.

all assasins dont use qin's tho :P

CaptainDoomsday
06-29-2015, 08:59 PM
Qin's is kind of situational. Anti-tank. Unless you have, like, Mercury AS, or are unfortunate enough to be Kali.
Still, it's at least a viable option now.

ZhongQueefer
06-29-2015, 09:18 PM
So

You don't nerf hunters, but you called this a major meta shift.

Yes, it's a meta shift, YOU'RE FUCKING OVER THE ALREADY DIFFICULT JUNGLE ROLE.

Nice job HiRez, everyone calls for a hunter nerf and then you nerf junglers.
They're buffing and nerfing junglers at the same time. With the reduction to ward vision size it makes ganking a lot easier, and with the limiting to wards, less vision will be available on the map to "guess" or see where the jungler is.
At the same time the hog nerf doesn't just effect Junglers, though it does change the way the early game will start.

Calyptic
06-30-2015, 01:30 AM
Really stoked for this patch cant wait to see how it works out.

Leefer
06-30-2015, 06:54 AM
I'm also hella stoked, anyone have any idea when we're gonna be able to play again :(.. It's my last off day for the next five days lol >_<

Zajebaniec
06-30-2015, 07:45 AM
This game is massive bugged right now, u should literally disable servers for few hours, and deal with it...

RyanLennox
06-30-2015, 08:27 AM
I wonder where those free chests from FP are because i didn't got any ...

CzinZer0
06-30-2015, 08:37 AM
I was not retroactively rewarded in the fantasy game, in my case it's a chest thats missing. I looked in the event center and nothing there to claim.

Najh98
06-30-2015, 09:20 AM
I honestly don't understand why people pick Ravana is arena. I played 3 matches today and every match the Ravana got shit on. Yes, they had some kills, but that's because they KS. If you want to die a lot, pick Ravana. He sucks and shouldn't have been added to Smite. I will never play him, because he's boring, uncreative and just plan sucks.

KONGENx
06-30-2015, 09:24 AM
Announcer packs will now only play your own and will not be broadcasted.

Nerf announcer packs, why?

Ichimarou
06-30-2015, 09:26 AM
Announcer packs will now only play your own and will not be broadcasted.

Nerf announcer packs, why?

Imagine 5 announcer packs speaking at once. There you know why.

EmperialAvalon
06-30-2015, 09:48 AM
I know we might be barking up the wrong tree but this link

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1maq3bcb5LyxTx28fdIE0FMTBxiBVGCYem3kfC6NZ27U/viewform

Might be able to help. Add in your concerns about being ignored (there is nothing more unmotivating to a community game like Smite than feeling that you are ignored) Who is the new community manager anyway after DB went into design? (Not all that excited as judging from Ravana who feels like a weaker Osiris due to his lack of hard cc. I mean Rat and Bel were inspired this one is just meh)

Also
"I find no enjoyment in taking life."
Really?! Ravana saying this? I mean its been a while since a I read the Ramayana but I really really don't think he will ever say this...

IronShaq
06-30-2015, 09:51 AM
I have this problem too.I'm over 4000 FP but didn't receive any chest rolls. :(

KatsuYagami
06-30-2015, 10:05 AM
I can't claim any rewards...:/

KatsuYagami
06-30-2015, 10:05 AM
Same here~

BhastetKurza
06-30-2015, 10:47 AM
Ravana is most useless god on the planet.

KONGENx
06-30-2015, 11:18 AM
Imagine 5 announcer packs speaking at once. There you know why.

But they don't speak at once.. Only at certain numbers of kills/shutdowns/whatever. Now they are useless

Ascan7
06-30-2015, 11:39 AM
Ravana is most useless god on the planet.

And i met one of them almost every game XD
I tried him too in arena, stronger than i thought i can say... even if i had a very low opinion of him. Is damage isn't so bad (but it's not good either), but i found him very squishy if built full assassin (which is required to deal decent damage)

BhastetKurza
06-30-2015, 01:07 PM
And i met one of them almost every game XD
I tried him too in arena, stronger than i thought i can say... even if i had a very low opinion of him. Is damage isn't so bad (but it's not good either), but i found him very squishy if built full assassin (which is required to deal decent damage)

He can't box any of the other warriors and win.

They can all crush him.

If you are able to use abilities against Ravana you lose.

seeseed
06-30-2015, 01:41 PM
A Captain Falcon skin would be nice, name it Captain Phoenix.

xskull
06-30-2015, 02:17 PM
For those of you not recieving chest rolls: Happened to me too, just reopened the game and it was there to claim in the event center.

Lurang
06-30-2015, 02:31 PM
Players will be back-rewarded for rewards this patch if they have already earned enough Fantasy Points for them.

Are we not how ever getting points that should have been earned with the changes to the points? I have many weeks that i picked both games correct which would have give 40 pts? are we going to get back paid for the points? or do we have to wait for Fall for that?

Savageddon
06-30-2015, 05:38 PM
I played a game of conquest as jungle, and boy was I for a treat.

With the new meta that has evolved from the patch, hunters seem to be doing better than ever, as people already have the mindset of picking up Neith and Apollo on the team instantly. Neith is, and has long been, broken on so many levels.

And junglers having to spend more money into active items than all other gods early on to rush that HOG 3 makes the early game stale, as they are less capable of ganking with less passive items. This again makes it EVEN better for hunters, as they can farm their devourer's gauntlet stacks without fear of being ganked by a jungle struggling to "make a living".

Crocodiel
06-30-2015, 06:01 PM
why it doesnt want to update for me

Trubblegum
06-30-2015, 06:47 PM
I played a game of conquest as jungle, and boy was I for a treat.

With the new meta that has evolved from the patch, hunters seem to be doing better than ever, as people already have the mindset of picking up Neith and Apollo on the team instantly. Neith is, and has long been, broken on so many levels.

And junglers having to spend more money into active items than all other gods early on to rush that HOG 3 makes the early game stale, as they are less capable of ganking with less passive items. This again makes it EVEN better for hunters, as they can farm their devourer's gauntlet stacks without fear of being ganked by a jungle struggling to "make a living".

Typical of HiRez.

We want hunters nerfed, they buff them.

Boomerangbro
06-30-2015, 08:36 PM
10/10 I can outbox Ravana with Zeus.

10/10 a balanced god that nobody plays.

Trubblegum
06-30-2015, 11:11 PM
10/10 I can outbox Ravana with Zeus.

10/10 a balanced god that nobody plays.

Depends on how you build both, but yes, typically Zeus (the AA-based mage outboxed by non-AA-based mages) would be able to outbox Ravana.

PurpleKoopTroop
06-30-2015, 11:34 PM
Ravana should not be labeled as a Warrior. His entire kit seems to be more based on him being an Assassin, as he can easily sustain himself in the jungle and can take out monster camps without much trouble, and he cannot fulfill any sort of off-tank build that other warriors can easily attain. Plus, all of his itemization is entirely attack damage/speed, leaving little to no room for any defense items, again, which is more like an Assassin is played. All other Warriors in the game are able to become bruisers, no problem, but not Ravana. He is full on damage, with no defense. Please Hi-Rez, take some time to think about this.

Seireiden
07-01-2015, 04:57 PM
Ravana should not be labeled as a Warrior. His entire kit seems to be more based on him being an Assassin, as he can easily sustain himself in the jungle and can take out monster camps without much trouble, and he cannot fulfill any sort of off-tank build that other warriors can easily attain. Plus, all of his itemization is entirely attack damage/speed, leaving little to no room for any defense items, again, which is more like an Assassin is played. All other Warriors in the game are able to become bruisers, no problem, but not Ravana. He is full on damage, with no defense. Please Hi-Rez, take some time to think about this.

Remember when Nemesis was a "Warrior"?

Martyre20
07-02-2015, 04:25 AM
Is it just me, or have they fixed a lot more with this patch than they do usually? Not sure I like the Blessing and Boots change..

Keucereus
07-02-2015, 06:51 AM
Lol. You scream about Ravanna's low damage, but you wanna see warrior, which skills are better then Nemesis (assasin, for example). You buy new God, then you scream about himself's useless and cry about buff, then you cry about fix and nerf. Are you kidding, peoples? (NOPE :> Turn my money back or buff it).

But now you know how ugly and little may damage be (Hello, Nemesis!).

PapaRodin
07-02-2015, 09:28 AM
Nemesis actually still feels much more like a warrior to me than a Assassin. Her having a dash and being a fit small woman are what give her that Assassini feel. That and the fact that physical Itemization is simply stupid.

Amoradon
07-02-2015, 03:42 PM
I think they're trying very carefully to nerf hunters while buffing the other classes. For example, I love building lifesteal on Osiris, so if they nerfed Devourer's Gauntlets, then it would also nerf Osiris. With HOG, they wanted to probably slow down the harvesting of the attack speed buff so that there was a chance for an invade/steal or so that the hunters and guardians take more damage, making a more passive early game because neither side wants to die. This also affects warriors and junglers, however.

McKnightrider
07-02-2015, 04:42 PM
Remember when Nemesis was a "Warrior"?

Remember when she was an Assassin? Attack speed nerf doesn't.

MaskedTwo
07-05-2015, 11:45 AM
I guess I'll post my thoughts to the patch notes. First off Ravana is now the most killable god in the game in my opinion with a very low killing potential himself and very low mobility. He can't even tank. I don't like the nerfs to hand of the gods. It's practically unneeded now for jungle camps because most decent junglers can kill a jungle camp easy early on without it. Using it on the gold fury early might take away more % of health but it will give less gold. So in my opinion hand of the gods is not worth getting anymore. 1 minion it kills at rank 1, 2 at rank 2, 3 at 3. Not worth getting to kill 1 minion or 2. Greater Sprint will hardly ever be gotten now. The only reason I used it is because of what was taken off. I'll probably end up getting weakening/enfeebling curse or blink in its place on hunters now. And since the big harpy in the mid camp gives a bit less exp now it doesn't seem as useful to take the mid camp at the beginning now. And I don't like how it spawns at :10 again. I wish it was back to the way it was. And the normal ward range decrease I don't like it either.

scorpion62121
07-08-2015, 01:00 PM
So

You don't nerf hunters, but you called this a major meta shift.

Yes, it's a meta shift, YOU'RE FUCKING OVER THE ALREADY DIFFICULT JUNGLE ROLE.

Nice job HiRez, everyone calls for a hunter nerf and then you nerf junglers.

They nerfed two core of the items that made hunters op so its an effective nerf to hunter

Trubblegum
07-08-2015, 03:25 PM
They nerfed two core of the items that made hunters op so its an effective nerf to hunter

But in doing so they nerfed junglers, supports, assassins/warrior solos.

Ichimarou
07-08-2015, 03:53 PM
But in doing so they nerfed junglers, supports, assassins/warrior solos.

This will decrease the pics for conquest even more.

There were already to few gods actually used in ranked. Now it will get even worse than before.

RainbowSplat
07-10-2015, 02:49 PM
where is the patch notes! :c

Maladroitess
07-13-2015, 01:21 PM
Nuuuu not the kitties! :(( Sad day!
I am loving the new god cards, they are looking so good! That new nurse Neith skin is hot hot hot! Excited for other new cards to come out :D