PDA

View Full Version : Meditating on the Use of Meditation

Kaostic
04-27-2015, 10:11 AM
http://www.hirezstudios.com/images/default-source/blog-featured-images/04272015_Header.jpg

There are certain things in this game that will earn you universal hate in SMITE. For example, you could sit in your lane and never rotate. You could autolock a god regardless of who calls what role. And then you can grab that most reviled active item, Meditation. Like rubbing a cat backwards from tail to head with a wet hand, Meditation does not bring happy feelings to most players. Back during Open Beta, Hi-Rez implemented an auto buy system. Along with the system, Meditation became a very common item, as it was automatically the first active players received out of the gate. This was both a good thing (Since most new players have little to no concept on Mana preservation) and a bad thing (Since having Meditation on every god creates a new barrier for when players begin building on their own and doesn’t teach Mana preservation). Worry not; Against the Grain is here to tell you why Meditation is actually a great item in competitive level play under the right circumstances. That said, there are only two times you should make use of Meditation in the Conquest game mode, one being an offensive situation, and the other being a defensive situation.

Read the rest of the article... (http://www.hirezstudios.com/smite/latest-news/view/smite-blog/2015/04/27/meditating-on-the-use-of-meditation)

EpicWinnar
03-09-2016, 03:47 AM
Isn't it actually one of the best relics now to take on a warrior or guardian (especially on gods like Hercules for baiting purposes)?

Drago55577
03-11-2016, 07:22 AM
I'd pick Shell on supports, that item is OP early game. Meditation is pretty useless, you shouldn't be burning through that much mana anyway. For solo, curse? I dunno.

Endag
03-11-2016, 07:31 AM
I'd pick Shell on supports, that item is OP early game. Meditation is pretty useless, you shouldn't be burning through that much mana anyway. For solo, curse? I dunno.

Meditation isn't there for the mana, it's there for the burst heal. Healing your entire team for 15% of your max health is always good, the only downside to it is that 1) you necroed this thread and 2) there's better actives to get.

Drago55577
03-12-2016, 04:53 AM
Meditation isn't there for the mana, it's there for the burst heal. Healing your entire team for 15% of your max health is always good, the only downside to it is that 1) you necroed this thread and 2) there's better actives to get.
The last post isn't even ten days old, it was even on the front page. How on Earth is that a necro?

Endag
03-12-2016, 05:29 AM
The last post isn't even ten days old, it was even on the front page. How on Earth is that a necro?

The post before yours is a necro.

Gl0wball
05-23-2016, 04:43 AM
Reviving the Dead?