PDA

View Full Version : Witchblde ?

narkotekk
04-04-2015, 03:11 PM
Does this thing even work ? sick and tired of hunters building full speed with crit and just shot you few times and thats it ... nothing to stop it they just put finger on mouse click walk and shoot like retard .. im just generaly asking about witchblade but no matter what you build def or hyb retard speed build with crit fck you up

MiyobiKumagawa
04-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Don't build just witch blade against hunters. Midguardian Mail + Witchblade is a charm.

It works as intended *shudders*' Witchblade Ymir is damn scary.

CaptainDoomsday
04-06-2015, 10:15 PM
It was much better when, for the same price, it had a whopping 15% MS included, which let you get out of Hunters' ranges.
Now tanks have no MS items.

GoldenSkill
04-07-2015, 05:00 AM
full tank with the hide of the nemean lion and ethereal stuff last item is great.
honestly, i started to think that unnecassary items like witchblade are weak. you just need a good team, with good positionning, and maybe counter picks.
they r good mostly on warrior who build to counter the other team insteed of full damage like assassins,mages,hunter or full defense like guardians.

ImAeternalis
04-07-2015, 07:10 AM
It was much better when, for the same price, it had a whopping 15% MS included, which let you get out of Hunters' ranges.
Now tanks have no MS items.

Winged blade says hello

CaptainDoomsday
04-08-2015, 12:20 AM
The Winged Blade is not a tank item. At least, not if you're actually being a tank and not a dick. It's a guilty pleasure of mine, but it's not FOR tanks.
A handful of HP does not replace an AURA of antiphys, especially not for poor slow Ares.

Goobis
04-19-2015, 01:40 PM
The Winged Blade is not a tank item. At least, not if you're actually being a tank and not a dick. It's a guilty pleasure of mine, but it's not FOR tanks.
A handful of HP does not replace an AURA of antiphys, especially not for poor slow Ares.

WitchBlade was pretty op before its nerf, It wasn't just picked on Guardians it was picked up on anyone who could remotely make use of the passive.

HawkboyJr
04-19-2015, 03:55 PM
Before it was nerfed, it was used on assassins, warriors and some guardians. It was also a decent counter pick-up for hunters, though rarely used since it did hurt their damage output. Winged Blade is currently used on assassins, warriors, guardians and mages. An item being generally useful does not make it overpowered and, if they wanted to nerf it, it would have made far more sense to drop the movement speed from 15% to 10% (to match Winged Blade, Heartseeker and Hasten Fatalis) since, if I recall correctly, the reason why it was nerfed in the first place was because people were picking it up instead of boots.

CaptainDoomsday
04-19-2015, 05:26 PM
I'll admit that 15% MS is pretty steep, but nothing for the same price is junk, especially since mobility is quite valuable on a tank, or anyone bearing an aura. Maybe restore 5% MS, making it something of a Golden Bow counter, and see how it functions from there.

democidist
04-29-2015, 02:46 PM
It was an okay item, now it's near worthless. They should've never completely removed its movement speed, dropping it to 8%-10% would've been far more appropriate, and maybe even have been a small enough nerf to justify not reducing its price, unlike what happened which turned a fairly efficient item into one that's wildly inefficient.

Goobis
04-30-2015, 10:45 AM
It was an okay item, now it's near worthless. They should've never completely removed its movement speed, dropping it to 8%-10% would've been far more appropriate, and maybe even have been a small enough nerf to justify not reducing its price, unlike what happened which turned a fairly efficient item into one that's wildly inefficient.

WitchBlade was pretty overpowered, people would just skip boots to build the thing and it would end up on like 4-5 players in a single match. It definitely needed the nerf.

Trubblegum
04-30-2015, 02:47 PM
Bakasura players were happy once Witchblade was nerfed, IMO it needed a hit to the movespeed, down to like 5%, but not a full removal.

democidist
05-18-2015, 05:13 PM
WitchBlade was pretty overpowered, people would just skip boots to build the thing and it would end up on like 4-5 players in a single match. It definitely needed the nerf.

Witch Blade was far from overpowered and wasn't even close to being as efficient as boots. It was however, popular. Is there a reason that you think it's really bad to skip boots? There have been strategies for ways to skip boots for a long time. With the nerf it took, it went from being somewhat efficient, to being horribly inefficient, and much less useful.

WitchBlade was pretty op before its nerf, It wasn't just picked on Guardians it was picked up on anyone who could remotely make use of the passive.

It was useful and somewhat efficient, if that makes an item OP, then I see a lot more nerfs incoming.

CaptainDoomsday
05-20-2015, 09:53 AM
10% MS Witchblade would be fine. 15%'s OP, I can give it that, but 0 is UP.

democidist
05-20-2015, 07:36 PM
10% MS Witchblade would be fine. 15%'s OP, I can give it that, but 0 is UP.

0% movement speed on it isn't necessarily UP, but the fact that they didn't reduce its price or add something else to it to make up for that, is what makes it now an UP item.

Goobis
05-20-2015, 09:23 PM
Talk to most of the Solo-lane pros. They would agree WitchBlade needed a nerf.

The item was being built on everyone who could efficiently use the passive, do you know how many scrims I saw back in Season 1 with both Physical gods picking the item up second item? About 90% of them. Now the item is situational which is good because it used to be bought just because of how good it was.

Another reason is during the Season 2 PTS testing most of the Physical gods were just skipping Warrior Tabi because it was a terrible item or Ninja Tabi because the CDR was removed for WitchBlade. You sacrificed 3% Movement Speed and 30 Power for 15% Attack Speed, 45 Physical Protection, and an aura that lowers Enemy Attack Speed and Physical Power. So why wouldn't you buy it early instead of Boots?

CaptainDoomsday
05-21-2015, 12:12 AM
Most items can be made worth it with a low enough price.
Except the new Shield of Regrowth. That's crap.

It's true that anything with 15% MS on it is going to be super strong, and that Warrior Tabi are perhaps a bit lacking, but Witchblade either needs to be a full phys tank item with a proper cost, or just a weaker version of the hybrid item it used to be.