PDA

View Full Version : Youngbae being benched by TSM.

Osairiel
04-25-2014, 05:03 AM
So I found out a couple days ago about Youngbae being benched by Team SoloMid. Which I thought he was the captain of so how they benched him I don't know. The reason give was because he was under performing, I thought he played excellently against 2 people who are generally thought to be the best ADCs in the world. I do not understand this from a professional standpoint, And to replace him with someone who he repeatedly beat in lane (not saying he's not good just fyi), Seems to me to be more of a personal issue then a matter of performance.

Anyone else have an opinion to Youngbae being benched ?

Djaff
04-25-2014, 07:58 AM
Got a link to the source?

Osairiel
04-25-2014, 11:31 AM
http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/23ut0m/tsm_roster_changes/

MyCheesyName
04-25-2014, 01:00 PM
Its literally the worst they could do in this situation seeing how Smek isn't near as good as Youngbae and many other EU adcs.

Used to be a big fan of TSM, now they are just a team with no real structure seeing how they BENCHED their TEAM CAPTAIN.
Makes no sense to me.
Youngbae is starting to scrim as C9's ADC, making C9 a real competitor against TSM.

Djaff
04-25-2014, 02:22 PM
Cheers for the link

I am kinda confused about that tho. Now I will say, I am not that big into esports, but I did watch the 200k tourny.
And from my view, saying that he is under performing makes me question... in comparison to who?
I mean.. I would like to ''under performing'' to his level..
Sounds to me like it is just an excuse, to cover up the real reason for him being benched.
I can not imagine that this is gonna do well for the overall team.

But then again, what do I know =p

Belgabad
04-25-2014, 08:18 PM
I don't really follow the EU scene much, but it doesn't make any sense to me. They win $100k, then all of a sudden "hey, let's bench YoungBae because he's been sucking the past couple months". No, that reeks of bs. If YoungBae leaves TSM to join C9 because he doesn't want to stay benched or whatever, I'll have no doubt in my mind that there's something fishy going behind the scenes between those two teams.

Osairiel
04-25-2014, 10:02 PM
No Youngbae isn't joining C9. Xaliea has also left C9 and has been replaced by Lydia and someone else to replace Smek.

I don't think Youngbae should of been benched, All of TSM played amazingly. Youngbae beat Barracuda and Zapman in lane. The two people generally considered the best ADCs in SMITE. He beat them. Trixtank is insanely good. If anything I thought there weaker link was probably QvoFred. He seemed to die the most. Lawbster can play really well and finally, Godhunter. He's the best of any player IMO. He's easily the best Solo laner in the EU and probably the best if not one of in the NA scene.

I think TSM made a mistake and more often then not will find themselves carrying Smek.

HAVOK
04-29-2014, 06:03 PM
No Youngbae isn't joining C9. Xaliea has also left C9 and has been replaced by Lydia and someone else to replace Smek.

As you've probably heard by now, Youngbae is on C9.

FeistyDeity
04-29-2014, 08:38 PM
I'm betting there's something else to it. While Smek is a good adc player he's not really any better than YB. If you're willing to swap a player who has been in sync with your team for months while leading you to the top spot in the Euro-American scene, for a player of a comparable skill level, there's GOT to be some crucial pieces of information the general public has no access to that could explain the decision.

RazorAce
05-04-2014, 02:40 PM
YoungBae showed where he truly belongs in todays finals. TSM paired up against C9 with a best of 3 match that eneded on game two allowing C9 to take home 100 points towards the SWCS. TSM is still a solid team obviously but they have to be regretting giving up someone who was "underplaying" here in the past few months.

S/O to you Bae, great game.

Kripox
05-04-2014, 03:04 PM
YoungBae showed where he truly belongs in todays finals. TSM paired up against C9 with a best of 3 match that eneded on game two allowing C9 to take home 100 points towards the SWCS. TSM is still a solid team obviously but they have to be regretting giving up someone who was "underplaying" here in the past few months.

S/O to you Bae, great game.

Way too early to call that. Last season TSM and C9 were extremely close all season and we didn't know it was TSM that claimed top spot till week 7 or 8. Youngbae and Smek both won and lost lane against each other several times, and the teams overall were remarkably evenly matched in a lot of the games they played.

Today TSM played with a sub at first and then with a seemingly rusty QvoFred in addition the the newcomer, while C9 played with their sub HalfDevil as a new regular, enQu as an addition and Youngbae. Neither team was in a normal situation, so I'd suggest we wait a little before we start making calls about whether or not they have improved and whether the Hunter swap benefited TSM, C9 or if it's a wash.

Phantomoto
05-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Sad to hear that, guess we will see what happens to TSM soon. Having to deal with this change can go either way for their future games and having to team up with new people can be quite hard especially when they threw out their own captain so they got a lot to do.