BROOKLYNs11B
03-18-2015, 11:43 AM
Will SMITE support Xboxone/PC windows 10 cross-play feature

HammerxofxLight
03-30-2015, 11:45 AM
I'm really hoping so

Euphomia
04-03-2015, 02:49 PM
I hope not. The advantage for a pc player against a console player is too great. Which would make it allot less fun for the console players.

BROOKLYNs11B
04-06-2015, 12:13 PM
I hope not. The advantage for a pc player against a console player is too great. Which would make it allot less fun for the console players.

What are the "advantages" ? I see a keyboard with multiple key presses to do one thing as a disadvantage on the keyboard, on a controller my fingers never leave the buttons, time is money!

Skizzenbuch
04-06-2015, 03:33 PM
keyboard is a lot faster, as with the controller you have to combine for some things.

Euphomia
04-07-2015, 07:42 AM
the biggest problem i have that aiming skills is either max range or right under you and nowhere in between.

the second thing is that using quick cast is a pain in the ass. you can't press the skill button and use left and right stick at the same time.

And the third thing. skill juking is impossible with the controller you can't turn fast enough. and putting it on extreme high sensitivity will mess up your aim skills.

PS: this is me playing the game normally (casual) and i can guess that only a handful players can pull it off.

BROOKLYNs11B
04-07-2015, 11:08 AM
So for anyone that plays competitively in tourneys the key to ANY advantage is ALWAYS having fingers on the buttons, which IS one reason why keyboard/piano controls are at such a disadvantage :D

BROOKLYNs11B
04-07-2015, 11:11 AM
the biggest problem i have that aiming skills is either max range or right under you and nowhere in between.

the second thing is that using quick cast is a pain in the ass. you can't press the skill button and use left and right stick at the same time.

And the third thing. skill juking is impossible with the controller you can't turn fast enough. and putting it on extreme high sensitivity will mess up your aim skills.

PS: this is me playing the game normally (casual) and i can guess that only a handful players can pull it off.

Yeah, everything you just mentioned not a problems and since this Alpha has been going 70% of the pc piano keyboard players say the controller works VERY well and fast and smooth.......

AzaelAkai
04-13-2015, 06:12 AM
Yeah, everything you just mentioned not a problems and since this Alpha has been going 70% of the pc piano keyboard players say the controller works VERY well and fast and smooth.......

The thing with PC is that it's easier and you can do more. Oh you can juke, but on PC you can do it better, like 100 times better. I noticed that using the mouse and keyboard gives me better precision, while the controller seems to be A LOT harder for a game where i have to hit abilites. I don't see cross-play being a thing, because of the difference. Trust me, cross-play sounds awesome, but the pc players will ultimately beat console players, this is smite not call of duty.

Rouanoke
04-13-2015, 09:38 AM
I can play smite pc with both a keyboard and with a controller and ive played it for multiple years (since it was a beta) I have found no disadvantage for a controller player provided the same settings are supplied. on xbox you have the sensitivity option which is the largest thing that was needed for controllers to be ok. they still need to add the 360 turn button and the complete stop button then a controller will be just as good as a keyboard which both of these should be added on xbox. unfortunately these options/buttons aren't on pc smite for the controller so you do have a slightly disadvantage using a controller on pc but if you are a good player it wont be a problem. I am a diamond ranked player and I use a controller and I make plenty of mistakes so I know controller players could make it to masters if they are genuinely good players.

AzaelAkai
04-13-2015, 02:32 PM
All i'm going to say is Majority, not minority. Majority, no cross-play. I've been playing A lot of Smite on the xbox and i must say, it's HARD to precisely use Vulcans abilities except his turret, i don't ever see myself getting good with Vulcan on the xbox, decent maybe, but not near as good as i am on the pc. 1 day on PC i could do good with Vulcan, 1 day on console i can barely land a single ability, this will go for MOST people. Besides once Smite is officially released on the xbox store you will see a crap ton of CONSOLE players, they will outweigh the pc guys. Cross-play on pc and xbone for smite is only a fantasy. I have found many disadvantages to a controller and you even mentioned "... if they are genuinely good players." yeah with the way they play now, you can kiss that goodbye.

VarenWolf
04-15-2015, 02:30 PM
All i'm going to say is Majority, not minority. Majority, no cross-play. I've been playing A lot of Smite on the xbox and i must say, it's HARD to precisely use Vulcans abilities except his turret, i don't ever see myself getting good with Vulcan on the xbox, decent maybe, but not near as good as i am on the pc. 1 day on PC i could do good with Vulcan, 1 day on console i can barely land a single ability, this will go for MOST people. Besides once Smite is officially released on the xbox store you will see a crap ton of CONSOLE players, they will outweigh the pc guys. Cross-play on pc and xbone for smite is only a fantasy. I have found many disadvantages to a controller and you even mentioned "... if they are genuinely good players." yeah with the way they play now, you can kiss that goodbye.

Yeah the controls are a lot harder say ymir's wall is pretty bad as well. Am a long time PC smite guy and well those skill shots become very true skill shots.

BROOKLYNs11B
04-16-2015, 12:40 PM
The thing with PC is that it's easier and you can do more. Oh you can juke, but on PC you can do it better, like 100 times better. I noticed that using the mouse and keyboard gives me better precision, while the controller seems to be A LOT harder for a game where i have to hit abilites. I don't see cross-play being a thing, because of the difference. Trust me, cross-play sounds awesome, but the pc players will ultimately beat console players, this is smite not call of duty.
Still don't see it! Having to press multiple key strokes to do one action takes too much time, controller designs functions are designed for speed and EFFICIENT button pressing (no wasted actions).

Also COD players on pc say the same thing and still controllers have an advantage in that game also.....

RegicideYT
04-22-2015, 01:52 PM
in all honesty i hope not the difference would be too great for cross-play your comparing a FPS twitch-shooter from pc to console vs a 3rd person perspective moba that requires skillshots. the turning, aiming, and precision of a mouse and keyboard is so much better than a controllers instant cast is almost nigh impossible unless with gods that dont require much coordination and the tuning is alot slower when its sets to a decent amount unless you give us more options equivalent to the pc in settings it wont happen. if anything create two different league placements and two different sets of competitive.