PDA

View Full Version : New, and hoping for some good God recommendations-Less Fast Twitch More Strategy Gods

misterscotty
03-10-2015, 02:50 PM
I joined after getting the free skins at PAX, so I started with Tyr and the starter gods.

So far I have run into the same problems I always have in any MOBA or RTS game: I am really bad at trying to land perfect fast-twitch button combos, and much better at characters with a toolbox kit where you try and maximize the effectiveness of each move you have at your disposal.

So, rather than Tyr ("okay, I want to kill that guy. I just need to hit F12312 then maybe 4 in that order really fast while making sure I watch my facing") I am much better at Ymir ("Ok, freeze those two out of position guys and set up the ice shards to burst them, wall off that escape route and prevent a new guy from coming in, ult right in the middle of everything and my teammates should finish everybody off")

So, so far, Ra, Ymir and Neith = Good, Hades, Anhur and Tyr = Very Bad. Any recommendations for who I should look at next?

VarenWolf
03-10-2015, 02:57 PM
well really any of the other hunters besides artemis, then vanama, posiden

BorkLaser
03-10-2015, 07:08 PM
well really any of the other hunters besides artemis, then vanama, posiden

I'd agree, except Vanama can be frustrating to learn. I'd recommend leaning towards Mages first. Poseidon, Zeus, Zhong, Kukulkan are all great places to start. Might even want to dabble with an assassin like Loki where you pick your fights instead of rushing in and getting stomped.