PDA

View Full Version : Ask The Staff - Week 2

Kaostic
03-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Last week (http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?60952-Ask-the-Forum-Staff-Week-1) seemed a hit, so here's week 2.

Please, keep these clean, and we will remove any that are just flat out rude, or breach the Forum's Code of Conduct (http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?5758-Forums-Code-of-Conduct) (e.g. asking about bans).

So, have at it, internet.

Disquieted1
03-09-2015, 11:42 AM
FIRST

Come at me bruhs.

Anyways. If you could have any automobile, which one would it be?

Kaostic
03-09-2015, 11:51 AM
FIRST

Come at me bruhs.

I've always liked pick-up trucks. Dunno why, but I'd be down for owning one. Either that, or a Mustang.

Dmantakae
03-09-2015, 12:33 PM
FIRST

Come at me bruhs.

A mustang, one of my favorite cars is a 1969 Boss Mustang.

as4mo3
03-09-2015, 02:04 PM
FIRST

Come at me bruhs.

I like my fancy cars- hit me up with a Lambo.

MiyobiKumagawa
03-09-2015, 02:35 PM
FIRST

Come at me bruhs.

Anything that isn't a Hummer based car and a electronic car. I do like the old style 1980's automobiles.

Aurasai
03-09-2015, 03:18 PM
FIRST

Come at me bruhs.

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/news/2015-honda-nsx-to-become-non-hybrid-racer-47344-7.jpg
^the new Honda NSX... probly will change to the new Nissan GT-R once they give more info about it tho :D

If we are gonna talk about realistic cars, it would be between a V6 2.5L Mitsubishi Galant (http://motoburg.com/images/mitsubishi-galant-24-v6-01.jpg) or a Honda Accord Type-R (http://static.autojunk.nl/pictures/2014/1106/062134/image_01.jpg) (I have the non Type-R version of it :().

Dmantakae
03-09-2015, 04:23 PM
I has a question four Kaostic.

How's that #KanyeLyfe?

Kaostic
03-09-2015, 04:27 PM
I has a question four Kaostic.

How's that #KanyeLyfe?

/scowl

10char

Trubblegum
03-09-2015, 06:17 PM
If you could be any god in Smite, what god would you be?

KingScuba
03-09-2015, 08:57 PM

Ao Kuang. invisiblity + turning into a flying dragon ftw.

as4mo3
03-09-2015, 10:48 PM

Chronos. Go back in time? Sweet.

*cut to three years later*

"Hey, police chief sir, we have these unresolved murders with eyewitnesses saying that the murder turned into a ball and went back in time"

MiyobiKumagawa
03-10-2015, 02:31 AM

Thanatos, who wouldn't want to be the God of Death?

Disquieted1
03-12-2015, 07:23 AM
What is your favorite Smite team?

Dmantakae
03-12-2015, 07:26 AM

That one... with those players...

Kaostic
03-12-2015, 07:49 AM

That one... with those players...

Yeah, I'd have to go with this one too. The players in that team.. Jeez.

Disquieted1
03-12-2015, 10:44 AM

Yeah, they were pretty good. There are also those other guys, they're my favorite team

Aurasai
03-12-2015, 11:00 AM

Remember that game when they did that thing... best plays ever!

MiyobiKumagawa
03-12-2015, 11:16 AM
The plays were real I mean that player getting FB and those jukes. Seriously OP.

Myrkulyte
03-13-2015, 11:53 AM
How many of you go to gym?

Aurasai
03-13-2015, 02:59 PM

Univercity/school gym aside, I haven't stepped inside of an actual gym even once in my entire life. That aside, I do go hiking most days and I do pushups/wight training after my matches depending on my performance :D. I do skip both time to time, so I need to fix that. My "job" also requires a bit of heavy lifting from time to time. Really wanted to get into HEMA (Historic European Martial Arts... pretty much like LARP, without any of the bullshit) but there isn't a club/place to practice in my home town.

Loulina
03-14-2015, 06:33 AM
i have technical question. if we have infraction warning etc do we look them up from somewhere or do they come to inbox?

also do you think moderation is difficult or boring or cool or what what are its bad sides? what is your relationship with this moderation thing. when you want to whine about it where do you whine?

Kaostic
03-14-2015, 06:52 AM

I wish I had the motivation to. But no, I don't.

i have technical question. if we have infraction warning etc do we look them up from somewhere or do they come to inbox?

also do you think moderation is difficult or boring or cool or what what are its bad sides? what is your relationship with this moderation thing. when you want to whine about it where do you whine?

You will receive a PM if you get a warning or an infraction. As for your second question, it's difficult at times, but mainly time consuming. I also wouldn't say it's boring, mainly because I can see how it improves the experience for the vast majority of users.

When I want to rage, I rage in the moderation Google chat. That shit doesn't need be public.

AlexError
03-14-2015, 07:54 AM

Bad sides of moderation are when there is no reports. 90% of the time, the lack of reports means that moderators checking through threads sometimes miss obvious things. Reporting threads or posts gives us a base to look at, so we can scan through the thread more reliably.

Loulina
03-14-2015, 08:04 AM
Bad sides of moderation are when there is no reports. 90% of the time, the lack of reports means that moderators checking through threads sometimes miss obvious things. Reporting threads or posts gives us a base to look at, so we can scan through the thread more reliably.

i didnt know. I was never doing the reporting. I did it only once or maybe twice when i was really angry with a post.It can be a more specific/technical thing,too of course. I see now.

Kaostic
03-14-2015, 08:10 AM
i didnt know. I was never doing the reporting. I did it only once or maybe twice when i was really angry with a post.It can be a more specific/technical thing,too of course. I see now.

Correct - we're only human, we can't read everything. If you see something that you think should be brought to the attention of the moderators, please click the report button :). The person reported doesn't know they've been reported, nor does it come back to you.

Aurasai
03-14-2015, 09:22 AM

Pretty much what Alex said. I personally consider moderation as more of a hobby and not as an obligation.

Never really got into a situation where I needed to whine about the forum (at least as of now), but for that there is our top secret chat :D

MiyobiKumagawa
03-14-2015, 12:24 PM

Moderating really is dependent. For me it'll be good, fun, or bad days.

It's only bad when I have to straighten up a lot of you whipper snappers by reminding some of yah of my CoC lawn.

Complaint wise, I just do it in the general group chat text thing.

GhostxGhost
03-15-2015, 08:55 AM
How often do you play smite?? have you ever considered joining a team and compete for the Championship ??? if yes how you and your team went ??

as4mo3
03-15-2015, 10:19 AM
How often do you play smite?? have you ever considered joining a team and compete for the Championship ??? if yes how you and your team went ??

1. About 5 hours a week.

2. Yes, but life got in the way.

Loulina
03-15-2015, 10:25 AM
thank you for giving me a super heart attack at the start ;-) hahah! my goodness.

but after getting the infraction pm, i now have "infractions" tab in my profile. hmm..i can see them collectively there if i have lots of them. i am still feeling kinda shaken though. why oh why. now i understand better why i cant play smite.i have no guts whatsoever

Aurasai
03-15-2015, 10:33 AM

I used to play for a lot more then I am now. Now I play 1 or 2 games every 2 days. At the moment I am enjoying some games that I missed, but will return to Smite soon.

I do wish to start/join a serious team for the future, but I don't think I have the patience and time to go pro.

Kaostic
03-15-2015, 11:13 AM

I play anywhere from 3 - 20+ hours. It differs quite a lot depending how much work I have on that week. As for competitive team, I've never really considered it tbh. I prefer to do production side of stuff than competitive.

KingScuba
03-15-2015, 01:19 PM

I play less than I used to. I might get 5 ~ 10 hours in a week. As far as competitive goes, I've never found anyone I actually wanted to compete with, so No.

MiyobiKumagawa
03-15-2015, 03:58 PM

Used to play a lot, but working on some projects and playing other games atm.

If I wanted to go competitive then I would do it in the Philippines. I would want to sponsor a team for Smite there if they get some Philippine servers or Pacific Asian servers up and running.

SamDerp
03-16-2015, 01:34 PM
I'll play about 5 games a day on weekdays, and around 10-20 on weekends ._. So probably around 30 hours a week ._. Having no extracurricular commitments is fun :D

Dmantakae
03-16-2015, 02:36 PM

Do you even lift bro? Is what you should've asked. And yes, I go to the gym every day.

I wouldn't say moderating the forums is boring, but I will say it does take some time out of the day. If I have something to whine about I usually bother Kaostic.

I play between 5 and 30 hours a week, just depends how busy I am with work and that Real life RPG. As for getting into the esports scene, last year I was asked if I wanted to, and my answer was that if I didn't love my job I would totally get into it, but I enjoy my job too much to leave it.

Disquieted1
03-16-2015, 09:47 PM
Do you even lift bro? Is what you should've asked. And yes, I go to the gym every day.

Step 1: Roll up your shirt sleeve.
Step 2: Whip out your camera.
Step 3: Take a picture of your manly guns.
Step 4: Upload it here.

Please?

Edit: Question -- If you were to play only one game for the rest of your life, what game would it be?

Dmantakae
03-20-2015, 10:21 PM
Step 1: Roll up your shirt sleeve.
Step 2: Whip out your camera.
Step 3: Take a picture of your manly guns.
Step 4: Upload it here.

Please?

Edit: Question -- If you were to play only one game for the rest of your life, what game would it be?

No!

and that's a tough question, I have so many favorite games. Probably Super Mario 3.

GhostxGhost
03-21-2015, 04:24 PM
If given the chance to make an adjustment to the game what will it be ??

Loulina
03-21-2015, 06:39 PM
among you all who do you think is
most quiet? (my guess is kaostic)
most serious? (my guess is alexerror?)
most cheerful and fun? (my guess is miyobi)
most daring or venturesome? (my guess is Asmo)
oldest? (my guess is Dman)
and who is the less you know about?
and why kingscuba isnt around lately? did he catch cold?

I am mostly checking my estimations.thanks

Kaostic
03-21-2015, 07:02 PM

Most quiet - I don't talk as much due to business.
Most serious - Probably me? lol. Me or Cyber.
Most cheerful & fun - Miyobi or Scuba.
Daring or Venturesome - Erm, I have no idea.
Oldest - Not the foggiest.
Least I know about - Aurasi
Scuba - Been busy :)

Dmantakae
03-21-2015, 07:21 PM

Bring back the active "Turn minions" , as well as Focus.

Quietest - Alex

Serious - Cyber or Alex, Kaostic just tries to put on a srss face

Most cheerful - I have no idea, But i'll guess Miyobi too

Daring - Me?

Oldest - Either me or Cyber

Least I know about - Kaostic, he's just sooo mysterious

Where the hell is scuba? - Busy with that RL RPG game

I haven't been around as much as well, the RL MMORPG game has me going on a lot of missions lately.

Kaostic
03-21-2015, 07:27 PM
Least I know about - Kaostic, he's just sooo mysterious

I did a freaking interview with SmiteCentral. Go read it.

Aurasai
03-21-2015, 07:31 PM
Add some Slavic gods and remove the boots (http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?55529-Are-boots-really-needed), giving the bonuses passively.

most quiet? Cyber
most serious? Alex
most cheerful and fun? Miyobi
most daring or venturesome? will take the liberty of claiming this one for myself :)
oldest? no idea, I am 23
and who is the less you know about? Alex again
and why kingscuba isnt around lately? did he catch cold? Still expecting to hear from him on that beer festival (preferably personally, by also attending on it) :)

Loulina
03-21-2015, 07:37 PM

LOL
/10 char

Dmantakae
03-21-2015, 08:04 PM

Oh, yea. I've been meaning to read it >.>

IgnitionSwitch
03-22-2015, 12:14 AM
What are your favorite kinds of music?

Aurasai
03-22-2015, 03:34 AM

Folk and Metal. Best if mixed.

AlexError
03-22-2015, 10:25 AM
most quiet? Cyberlink
most serious? Kaostic
most cheerful and fun? Kingscuba
most daring or venturesome? Asmo
oldest? (my guess is Dman) Cyberlink or me
and who is the less you know about? Cyberlink

Loulina
03-22-2015, 10:52 AM
yes :) mysterious person is cyberlink it seems. and among most fun can be kaostic as well because i am still laughing at his "read my freaking interview" comment. perhaps you are all fun and since this moderation is a serious thing you arent showing much of it.

GhostxGhost
03-22-2015, 04:21 PM
Am not sure if it was asked before or not but which division you re playing now ??

Dmantakae
03-22-2015, 08:18 PM

Metal, rock, indie, alternative, and Taylor Swift.

Am not sure if it was asked before or not but which division you re playing now ??

I'm going to assume you mean League division, and at the moment I'm in Platinum 4.

yes :) mysterious person is cyberlink it seems. and among most fun can be kaostic as well because i am still laughing at his "read my freaking interview" comment. perhaps you are all fun and since this moderation is a serious thing you arent showing much of it.

Well, I've known Cyber for a while now, so he's not that mysterious to me. I also like to poke fun at Kaostic a lot so yea.. You should all tweet him with #KanyeLyfe.

MiyobiKumagawa
03-22-2015, 08:25 PM

Silver II, I don't plan to advance past that until whatever I'm working on is finished.

Disquieted1
03-22-2015, 08:43 PM
most daring or venturesome? Asmo

Listen to this song, and read that line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EswCWpWpjxQ

snprshot
04-01-2015, 03:02 PM
who won the battle of the pantheons, i cant find it anywhere. and can you post it somewhere for all to see, like the challenge board?
and why is there no search bar in the forums?

Aurasai
04-02-2015, 05:47 PM
New ask the staff thread is up. This time is for the whole month. Link here: http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?66105-Ask-the-staff-Month-3

who won the battle of the pantheons, i cant find it anywhere. and can you post it somewhere for all to see, like the challenge board?
and why is there no search bar in the forums?
I honestly don't remember who won it.

As for the search bar, on the forum's lobby page (http://forums.smitegame.com/forum.php) you can find it at it the right bar next to the New Posts tab. Or use this link. (http://forums.smitegame.com/search.php?search_type=1)