PDA

View Full Version : Ask the Forum Staff - Week 1

Kaostic
03-02-2015, 08:53 AM
Hi all - we've decided to give you a place to ask all your questions to the forum staff (moderators, gurus, guides, etc.) each week.

Please, keep these clean, and we will remove any that are just flat out rude, or breach the Forum's Code of Conduct (http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?5758-Forums-Code-of-Conduct) (e.g. asking about bans).

So, have at it, internet.

RickyG
03-02-2015, 09:09 AM
Are all forum staff volunteers? Do any of you get paid?

How much of the forum feedback do staff directly employed by Hi-Rez get to see, what's the process of passing on good quality feedback from the forum to staff who can then make changes to the actual game?

How did you get the position you have now on the forum team?

Kaostic
03-02-2015, 09:11 AM

All volunteer. Unless there's HiRez infront of their name (and lilmamacita, who didn't change her name..)

How much of the forum feedback do staff directly employed by Hi-Rez get to see, what's the process of passing on good quality feedback from the forum to staff who can then make changes to the actual game?

Can't really say a number, but Stew has informed me that he keeps an eye on the God and Skin concepts, as well as the feedback sections. The Bug reports are monitored by QA heavily.

"Yeah, I can do that."

Aurasai
03-02-2015, 09:44 AM
A question to my fellow colleagues... which is your favorite beer? :)

Staropramen Pilsener and Guinness here.

MiyobiKumagawa
03-02-2015, 09:48 AM

I don't drink, beer and wine taste like liquid medicine. If I had to say then Rum with coke.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0p5wfBXWw1r8ayoeo1_500.gif

Applied, wore a nice suit and sent in my resume.

Jk. Just applied when the help was needed and bam, a notice from head FM and on the team.

Kaostic
03-02-2015, 10:22 AM

I'm more a Cider man. Thatcher's Gold.

LostScarf
03-02-2015, 11:41 AM

Casually drink all the ciders. Not much for beer.

After that, it's Vodka, Whiskey, Brandy, Rum...hmm...maybe I should stop the list already.

I...don't really pay attention to brands, just what they got.

AlexError
03-02-2015, 11:57 AM

There's only one type of beer I would drink - bitter. I'm more of a wine person.

ProxyDamage
03-02-2015, 12:30 PM

"You wanna do this?"
"Sure, if I have time. Sounds interesting."

Either that or I had to go on a secret assassination mission the details of which I can never share. Believe whichever version makes you happier.

Judging by the replies: Boy did you ask the wrong crowd!

Despite my regular jokes regarding "american dish water", I don't even like beer. To me it tastes like cat piss smells. I might be broken. Given that beer is one of the most popular drinks in history, roughly everywhere in the world, I just assume it's me.

I'll have a Coke. Or Pepsi.

KingScuba
03-02-2015, 12:36 PM

I do alot of craft beer (I have to, since I'm the one ordering it at my store), here's a few of my favorites.

Hofbrau Original
Bells Amber Ale
Great Divide Oatmeal Yeti
Old Rasputin Imperial Stout
Weienstephener Hefeweisebeir
La Fin Du Monde Tripple
Pliny The Elder IPA
Stones Best By ** DIPA

I applied twice, the second time got me in.

Despite my regular jokes regarding "american dish water", I don't even like beer. To me it tastes like cat piss smells. I might be broken. Given that beer is one of the most popular drinks in history, roughly everywhere in the world, I just assume it's me.

I'll have a Coke. Or Pepsi.

American Light Beers are fairly revolting. There's a reason they're rated 40 ~ 60 out of 100 on every craft beer site, and generally despised.

I would recommend you go try a few craft beers next time you hit a bar or go out to eat. Stay away from the IPA's and Pale Ales though, unless you enjoy stuff like grapefruit.

Quick rundown on the more common beers and what kind of tastes to expect (All beers are made from Water, Yeast, Malt, and Hops)

Stouts - Black Coffee, Dark Chocolate, Slightly Bitter (Try a cream stout like LeftHand Milk Stout Nitro)
Pilsners - Very light, malty, and light on the hops. A "summer" beer. (Lagunitas Pils is outstanding)
Hefeweizens - Citrus, sometimes venturing into banana. Very light, very low hop. (Weihenstephener)
Amber Ales - Very Malty, sometimes venturing on the tinny side (Try to find bells Amber)
Any German Beers - German Beers follow the Purity act, and are almost all high quality. Hofbrau is one of my favorites

Don't get anything that's commercialized, they all taste terrible (Budweiser, Heineken, Miller, Busch, anything "Lite" ETC ETC)

(I am quite literally a boozeologist. I work in a liquor store, and Know the taste of most every bottle in my store. That's why I know so much lol)

as4mo3
03-02-2015, 12:43 PM

Yes, No. That order.

I think only Kaostic.

I applied, and the mods were blown away by my awesomeness. True story. I think.

I replied in red.

Kaostic
03-02-2015, 12:56 PM
I replied in red.

He's not talking about "Moderator Feedback". He's talking about the feedback people supply about the game.

Also, what's everyone's favourite: game mode, god, role?

KingScuba
03-02-2015, 01:08 PM
He's not talking about "Moderator Feedback". He's talking about the feedback people supply about the game.

3v3, Anubis, Poseidon, Mercury, Ares, and my favorite role is solo

Favorite Books gentlemen? My current favorite is The KingKiller Chronicles.

ExtremelyCasual
03-02-2015, 01:29 PM
I am summoned at the mention of booze.

I have a question.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/f5e70741461ce5d6be28112f8704dbdc/tumblr_n39mfnxz8A1s751i1o1_250.gif

It's snowing outside and I live in the boonies.

Aurasai
03-02-2015, 01:45 PM

Arena and Conquest; Isis, Hel and Artemis; any role but support (I don't mind kill lane tho :D)

A bit ashamed to admit that it's Diablo: Moon of the Spider. I finished it in only 1 day. I also like The Witcher series and Song of Fire and Ice (Game of Thrones).

http://25.media.tumblr.com/f5e70741461ce5d6be28112f8704dbdc/tumblr_n39mfnxz8A1s751i1o1_250.gif

Considering the situation outside, building a mudman is more likely :D

Hofbrau Original
Bells Amber Ale
Great Divide Oatmeal Yeti
Old Rasputin Imperial Stout
Weienstephener Hefeweisebeir
La Fin Du Monde Tripple
Pliny The Elder IPA
Stones Best By ** DIPA

(I am quite literally a boozeologist. I work in a liquor store, and Know the taste of most every bottle in my store. That's why I know so much lol)
I like you :)

Haven't heard of the rest but Hofbrau and Weienstephener Hefe are very good. Especially the latter.

ProxyDamage
03-02-2015, 01:48 PM

YES. YES. YES. Goddamnit Patrick release the third book already!

Also Alistair Reynolds' Chasm City.

Conquest
Agni (probably my favorite), Ra, Rama and Apollo
Mid.

I am summoned at the mention of booze.

I have a question.

Well, judging by my outside situation... Would a slooshman do...?

Trubblegum
03-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Wait a minute...
Does HiRez contact you guys directly, or is it more of a babysitting-job deal with the forums?

Myrkulyte
03-02-2015, 01:59 PM
Question, how much time/day you play

KingScuba
03-02-2015, 02:20 PM
Wait a minute...
Does HiRez contact you guys directly, or is it more of a babysitting-job deal with the forums?

I've never spoken to hirez really. Kaostic does though. We mostly just babysit the forums for free though, yes.

I'll play a few games a day normally.

Kaostic
03-02-2015, 02:27 PM
Wait a minute...

Some of the mods have their own contact with Hi-Rez for whatever reason. I contact them in regards to the forum, SMITE Mag, SMITECentral, and general gaming when bored.

Not as much these days. Maybe ~10 hours a week?

Loulina
03-02-2015, 02:28 PM
guys people are making triple posts while while are having fun here :)

edit: oh, you are so fast.they are cleared. miyobisan is like a jewel one may hope to find on the beach.once again it is our neat forum. :)

i dont have questions at the moment. but i can ask if you have a pet and if you had to buy a double bed if it is a huge dog. because for somehow i am always imagening moderators all have dogs, police officers too. and since my cat sleeps in her bed that ihas to be on my bed.. also i am imagening that everybody that is writing in a forum is very young and beautiful&handsome.but this is totally irrelevant.

as4mo3
03-02-2015, 02:38 PM

Around a game. More on specific days because personal reasons.

Aurasai
03-02-2015, 02:48 PM

I am catching up on some games that I missed atm. I am mostly playing Heroes of the Storm, as I want to understand the game better and make a big article on MOBA gameplay mechanics :D

For games in general, I usually play at least 2 hours per day. As per SMITE, anything between just entering for the login reward to 10 games per day.

MiyobiKumagawa
03-02-2015, 02:49 PM

Depends, on the days I'm not addicted to a different game. More around 1 - 4 hours per day.

Right now I'm addicted to DBZ Xenoverse.

Dmantakae
03-02-2015, 02:54 PM
Despite my regular jokes regarding "american dish water"

I wouldn't disagree, American beer is garbage compared to other countries. I'm more of a Whiskey drinker.

As for the other questions:

Favorite game mode is league conq atm (slowly heading towards masters) I don't have a favorite god/role.

Favorite book series is A song of Ice and Fire (Don't worry, I won't spoil)

And I would if I could, but sadly there is no snow where I live (Bay Area of California).

And I do have a dog, he's a pit bull/lab mix. Can post a pic if you guys want.

AlexError
03-02-2015, 03:24 PM

edit: oh, you are so fast.they are cleared. miyobisan is like a jewel one may hope to find on the beach.once again it is our neat forum. :)

i dont have questions at the moment. but i can ask if you have a pet and if you had to buy a double bed if it is a huge dog. because for somehow i am always imagining moderators all have dogs, police officers too. also i am imagening that everybody that is writing in a forum is very young and beautiful&handsome.

I have a small double/three quarter bed. I don't have a dog though; the bed size is mainly because I am quite restless in my sleep.

MiyobiKumagawa
03-02-2015, 03:26 PM

i dont have questions at the moment. but i can ask if you have a pet and if you had to buy a double bed if it is a huge dog. because for somehow i am always imagening moderators all have dogs, police officers too. and since my cat sleeps in her bed that ihas to be on my bed.. also i am imagening that everybody that is writing in a forum is very young and beautiful&handsome.but this is totally irrelevant.

Single bed, I love dogs though except I don't own one. I used to own a Rooster though, but he died long time ago.

Loulina
03-02-2015, 03:55 PM
Single bed, I love dogs though except I don't own one. I used to own a Rooster though, but he died long time ago.

Rooster? wauuw. interesting. i used to have a baby chick when i was very little..but it died before we knew if it was a chicken or a rooster. i used to have hamster,too. they are the most cutest but they love to keep their family very very large..in a couple of weeks i had 4 hamsters, i gave some away and in couple of months i had another 5 and then i had to give them all away..there was no end to it.

DonaldX
03-02-2015, 04:34 PM
Hmm what questions haven't I asked already...

Who thought getting mods 15 rep power was a good idea ? xD

Wait, wait. I can do better than that....

Which one sounds more appealing:
1) Trip through NA
2) Trip through EU
3) Trip through Asia ?

I'll give it one more shot..... Necklaces or bracelets ?

Yeah, I'm out of decent questions....

Lou, I have a cute cat :3
She has 3 cat beds around the house but still prefers sleeping with me on a single bed.

Aurasai
03-02-2015, 04:57 PM
1) Trip through NA
2) Trip through EU
3) Trip through Asia ?

I am planning to do a trip across Europe and film it, when I get the funds to do so.

As for pets, I have a cat that is a bit of an arse. As we have a big yard, it doesn't go inside the house.

Myrkulyte
03-02-2015, 05:03 PM
I am planning to do a trip across Europe and film it, when I get the funds to do so.

As for pets, I have a cat that is a bit of an arse. As we have a big yard, it doesn't go inside the house.

Are you gonna come in Romania too?

AlexError
03-02-2015, 05:03 PM

1) Trip through NA
2) Trip through EU
3) Trip through Asia ?

The 15 rep was given before moderators were able to ban; we circumvented that by using the rep system, and spam downvoting said user. 15 was a compromise between giving moderators too much rep tower, and having to click downvote too many times. It was clunky and terrible. (By the way, that doesn't work any more, and I don't even think you can even downvote.)

Trip through Europe sounds like the best out of the three.

Aurasai
03-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Are you gonna come in Romania too?

I am likely gonna visit Romania in August. :)

Myrkulyte
03-02-2015, 05:05 PM
The 15 rep was given before moderators were able to ban; we circumvented that by using the rep system, and spam downvoting said user. 15 was a compromise between giving moderators too much rep tower, and having to click downvote too many times. It was clunky and terrible. (By the way, that doesn't work any more, and I don't even think you can even downvote.)

Trip through Europe sounds like the best out of the three.

I down-repped Drybear. Anyway, wht happens if you down rep a mod?

I am likely gonna visit Romania in August. :)

Are you gonna visit Sibiu?

AlexError
03-02-2015, 05:07 PM
I down-repped Drybear. Anyway, wht happens if you down rep a mod?

We get VERY ANGRY with you! :mad:

Actually, nothing much, since reputation is anonymous, unless you decide to leave your initials on the end of the comment. But then someone could have framed you, so you have that to fall-back on.

Myrkulyte
03-02-2015, 05:08 PM
We get VERY ANGRY with you! :mad:

Actually, nothing much, since reputation is anonymous, unless you decide to leave your initials on the end of the comment. But then someone could have framed you, so you have that to fall-back on.

Judging that you have at least 1500 rep...

AlexError
03-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Judging that you have at least 1500 rep...

I've got less rep than you do.

Myrkulyte
03-02-2015, 05:10 PM
I've got less rep than you do.

Less than 69? I feel strong now

the2armedmen
03-02-2015, 07:00 PM
I was wondering how to start a thread, or if there is a good place to share ideas for the game.

I am new to the forums but i have an idea for this great skin.

Skin idea: Thanatoast

Thanatos in this skin is more human like in his features, and instead of holding a scythe, is holding a giant butter knife. Also instead of armor is dressed ready to make breakfast wearing an apron that says "I<3 toast".

For his moveset, his sycthe throw turns into than throwing out a giant pat of butter rotating as the sythe would going through the air.
Instead of glowing for his 2 move the stains from his poor cooking habits show up on his clothes.
3 move just changes from scythe to butter knife.
Ult when he flies up he is in a toaster in the sky, shoots down to the ground as a literal piece of toast.

Please listen hirez, the community needs you to make this happen

Kaostic
03-02-2015, 07:02 PM
I was wondering how to start a thread, or if there is a good place to share ideas for the game.

I am new to the forums but i have an idea for this great skin.

Skin idea: Thanatoast

Thanatos in this skin is more human like in his features, and instead of holding a scythe, is holding a giant butter knife. Also instead of armor is dressed ready to make breakfast wearing an apron that says "I<3 toast".

For his moveset, his sycthe throw turns into than throwing out a giant pat of butter rotating as the sythe would going through the air.
Instead of glowing for his 2 move the stains from his poor cooking habits show up on his clothes.
3 move just changes from scythe to butter knife.
Ult when he flies up he is in a toaster in the sky, shoots down to the ground as a literal piece of toast.

Please listen hirez, the community needs you to make this happen

Hi the2armedmen,

There's a new starters guide here: http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?376-Links-O-Plenty!-A-simple-guide-for-new-members

On top of that, you're looking for the God and Skin Concepts forum: http://forums.smitegame.com/forumdisplay.php?17-God-and-Skin-Concepts
I'll warn you though, Thanatoast is a common one ;)

the2armedmen
03-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Rejoice! thanks man.

Aurasai
03-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Are you gonna visit Sibiu?

No idea, I will likely be going there (http://www.rockstadtextremefest.ro/index.php/en/). Sibiu seems to be in the Transylvanian region so I may visit it. I also have a few friends in Bucharest that i'd like to visit.

Rıven
03-02-2015, 07:29 PM

Beer, yuck.

MiyobiKumagawa
03-02-2015, 08:19 PM

1) Trip through NA
2) Trip through EU
3) Trip through Asia ?

Yeah, I'm out of decent questions....

Lou, I have a cute cat :3
She has 3 cat beds around the house but still prefers sleeping with me on a single bed.

I had a trip through Asia last year. It was fun, but frustrating if you can't speak the language. I would do it again. Viva Akihabara

Yeah, it's sideways, but my first time in a japanese game shop.

Angelocracy
03-02-2015, 10:00 PM
What can i do for the forums? Trying to create something that would benefit everyone :) Also, i'm making a game. Would love for you guys to beta test it for me!

as4mo3
03-02-2015, 10:57 PM
What can i do for the forums? Trying to create something that would benefit everyone :) Also, i'm making a game. Would love for you guys to beta test it for me!

Sure! Tell us what it is?

Rıven
03-02-2015, 11:08 PM
1) Trip through NA
2) Trip through EU
3) Trip through Asia ?

Asia.
I going to work with a company called ECC out of Japan, which hires people to teach English there.

RainbowSplat
03-03-2015, 12:45 AM
Beer, yuck.

indeed any alchohol>YUCK i better stick to cokes and energy drinks

LostScarf
03-03-2015, 03:44 AM
Okay I'm asking because I want to know.

Favorite donut?

And if you don't like donuts, dead to me. Just dead to me.

Myrkulyte
03-03-2015, 04:54 AM

Favorite donut?

How many types of donuts are there?

RainbowSplat
03-03-2015, 05:13 AM

Favorite donut?

i have never ate donut :c wish i could try some day

Kaostic
03-03-2015, 05:18 AM

Favorite donut?

I'm not really a doughnut connoisseur. I like chocolate ones?...

Aurasai
03-03-2015, 06:35 AM

Favorite donut?

Err... I like the round ones with the hole that come with chocolate :D We don't have other types.

Aurasai
03-03-2015, 08:17 AM

I am interested in developing my own game too, so would love to beta test your game and learn more on its development process.

as4mo3
03-03-2015, 08:19 AM
How many types of donuts are there?

Here is the menu of our main donuts company: http://www.dunkindonuts.com/content/dunkindonuts/en/menu/food/bakery/donuts/donuts.html

Around half way down the page there is a list of all the flavors.

I like the sprinkly ones.

Angelocracy
03-03-2015, 09:31 AM
Have you seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C_HReR_McQ

as4mo3
03-03-2015, 09:48 AM
Removed all unnecessary posts.

Knuffiba
03-03-2015, 09:53 AM
Lol that thread... thought you might be more serious.
My question is if there is a way for the staff to mark special threads that might be interesting for HiRez emplyoees.

As a german I have to answer the beer question:
Never get fooled by that bavarian stuff. Everything that is called Weißbier, Weizen or Hefe is not a real beer.
It's sweeter, contains less alcohol but gives you a bigger headache than normal Pilsner or Export.
This is why Bavarians have those huge beerglasses.

Aurasai
03-03-2015, 10:04 AM
My question is if there is a way for the staff to mark special threads that might be interesting for HiRez emplyoees.

Well we can sticky some threads, but I don't think it would be fair for us to be picking favorites for Hi-Rez.

Never get fooled by that bavarian stuff. Everything that is called Weißbier, Weizen or Hefe is not a real beer.
It's sweeter, contains less alcohol but gives you a bigger headache than normal Pilsner or Export.
I personally find the Czech beers to be the best, with their Pilsners.

Kaostic
03-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Well we can sticky some threads, but I don't think it would be fair for us to be picking favorites for Hi-Rez.

Pretty much this. We occasionally highlight very useful threads in the "Latest News" segment at the top, but it will get noticed by Hi-Rez if it's producing enough conversation and/or is useful.

MiyobiKumagawa
03-03-2015, 10:53 AM
Angelocracy planning some game designing? I'm game designing also. Hard part of the process is the idea part. So many ideas for so many games that I can't stick to one project.

Current project: Steampunk RPG

Kaostic
03-03-2015, 10:59 AM
Have you seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C_HReR_McQ

It's funny you say that. I was shown this for the first time yesterday. Pretty mild for a trippy video ;p

Angelocracy
03-03-2015, 11:14 AM
Angelocracy planning some game designing? I'm game designing also. Hard part of the process is the idea part. So many ideas for so many games that I can't stick to one project.

Current project: Steampunk RPG

I would love towork with you if you are interested :) I can show you some of my work :)

It's funny you say that. I was shown this for the first time yesterday. Pretty mild for a trippy video ;p

LOL. watch the 2nd and 3rd one ;)

AlexError
03-03-2015, 11:51 AM

Favorite donut?

Right, so first of all, it's doughnuts. :D

Second of all, any doughnut with a hole in the middle is not a true doughnut. The problem with doughnuts is that the inside does not cook as well as the outside. The solution to this is to fill the inside with jam or custard; it is NOT to cut a big hole in the middle.

Myrkulyte
03-03-2015, 11:56 AM
Right, so first of all, it's doughnuts. :D

Second of all, any doughnut with a hole in the middle is not a true doughnut. The problem with doughnuts is that the inside does not cook as well as the outside. The solution to this is to fill the inside with jam or custard; it is NOT to cut a big hole in the middle.

Now w have a wild Alex talking about cooking.

What's everyone favourite meat/desert?

Aurasai
03-03-2015, 12:02 PM

Any meat... I am pretty much a carnivore. I do balance it with some healthy stuff tho. For desert, I'd say furmi (http://v1.credoweb.net/images/HealthArticle/article_16244_thema53.jpg)(no idea how they translate in english). Love them!

KingScuba
03-03-2015, 12:07 PM

Anything smoked generally/cheesecake

Cyberlink
03-03-2015, 12:13 PM
Anything smoked generally/cheesecake

Mmmm, I'd have to agree...

MiyobiKumagawa
03-03-2015, 12:39 PM

Steak, chicken, crocodile literally I love crocodile meat. Chocolate, chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream.

I would love towork with you if you are interested :) I can show you some of my work :)

LOL. watch the 2nd and 3rd one ;)

What engine do you use? I use RPG Maker, but I do my own artwork now.

Disquieted1
03-03-2015, 01:45 PM
Do you guys do secret meetings?

If so, please send me the records. My stomach craves conspiracy.

If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be and why?

MiyobiKumagawa
03-03-2015, 02:02 PM

Shhhhh... *strokes cheek with a knife*

If I could be anyone? Hmmmmm...real life I'd be Sherlock Holmes. Anime life? Main antagonist of a Shounen anime. Screw the friendship and righteousness! :rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/chNu1Kq.png

Disquieted1
03-03-2015, 02:05 PM
Shhhhh... *strokes cheek with a knife*

Yandere Miyobi-kun. I'm liking this.

Aurasai
03-03-2015, 02:37 PM

Even if you manage to hack into our records database, you would never understand our complex multilayer encryption. This is all I can disclose.
I'd like to be Bill Gates for a day. 8.947.848,53 $ in 24 hours sounds rather tempting.

Angelocracy
03-03-2015, 04:20 PM
Steak, chicken, crocodile literally I love crocodile meat. Chocolate, chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream.

What engine do you use? I use RPG Maker, but I do my own artwork now.

I use unreal Engine, just like smite.

MiyobiKumagawa
03-03-2015, 05:41 PM
I use unreal Engine, just like smite.

Ah that one, I'm not to familiar with engine because mainly I stick to 2D graphics. It's easier for me since I'm not very good when it comes to 3D models. (Tried to 3D model before and this was the result)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0MQTWWIMAAU7hX.jpg

Coding wise, I'm not knowledgable in the field.

KingScuba
03-04-2015, 12:29 AM

I think the craft beer scene would disagree with you pretty hard.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/style/

Just because it's brewed differently doesn't make it any less of a beer. That's like saying Dubbels/Tripels/Quads aren't real beer because they're not Pilsners (Pilsners didn't even originate in Germany btw, they originated in the Czech Republic, Specifically with Pilsner Urquell) ;]) or Bocks... it's just flat out ignorance there :/

Hefe means "Live Yeast", Weizen means it was made from Wheat. It's a respectable style of beer. A Dunkelweizen is a darker version of a hefeweizen, instead of roasting the barley lightly, they roast it longer to make it darker.

We have secret meetings every day. In the shadows, where we plan our nefarious schemes while wringing our hands together and cackling softly. For example, who we're going to ban today from the forum lotto! (We use random.org and input however many people happen to be registered, then we banhammer the number picked! Your number might be next, a happy day new friend!). Todays lucky number is 24282!

We also discuss how we're going to be detrimental to the community in general, it's an ongoing experiment to see how long you guys can put up with the punishment. It's quite fascinating.

But yea, in all seriousness We use an IM to do live chat and discuss things when we need to discuss them. We don't do meetings, we just toss up a few words in chat or PM Kaos/Dman.

As for who I'd love to be for a few days? I would be Harlen Wheatley.

Trubblegum
03-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Hmm
If you guys had to choose between playing Kukulkan and AoKuang all season, which would you play?

Cyberlink
03-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Hmm
If you guys had to choose between playing Kukulkan and AoKuang all season, which would you play?

Kukulkan for sure...

Loulina
03-04-2015, 05:14 PM
lets say...if you gonna be a prisoned in a cell for 20 years with somebody (but thats not gonna be girl because thats not how prisons work) who you want that person to be? can be anybody in history, anybody anywhere doesnt have to be a guilty person, because you arent guilty either. (thats not how prisons work either but hmm anyway)

KingScuba
03-04-2015, 09:54 PM
lets say...if you gonna be a prisoned in a cell for 20 years with somebody (but thats not gonna be girl because thats not how prisons work) who you want that person to be? can be anybody in history, anybody anywhere doesnt have to be a guilty person, because you arent guilty either. (thats not how prisons work either but hmm anyway)

I don't like this question D:

RainbowSplat
03-05-2015, 01:21 AM

Donald for sure il take him with me to hell

so any mods/guru/guide have any favorite energy drinks?

Myrkulyte
03-05-2015, 01:45 AM

I would say Sharapova, but girls aren't allowed.

So I'll go with the best lockpicker in the world

Loulina
03-05-2015, 05:14 AM
I would say Sharapova, but girls aren't allowed.

So I'll go with the best lockpicker in the world

yeah, i never thought about it. you can even take the Keymaker from matrix movie with you and he can tell you some other lockpicking stories when he is on business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQEa3IeqcOk

Disquieted1
03-05-2015, 09:24 AM
I don't like this question D:

I'm tempted to SWAT raid Scooba now.

MiyobiKumagawa
03-05-2015, 09:30 AM

Albert Wesker from his days during when he was with Stars. He doesn't need the T-Virus, Ouroboros, or any other virus to break out of a cell.

Or Segata Sanshiro, the equivalent Asian persona of Chuck Norris.

None since energy drinks taste like garbo to me.

Loulina
03-05-2015, 11:59 AM
I'm tempted to SWAT raid Scooba now.

yes, me too. i was gonna make a personality analysis, perhaps. and now i have no chance. oh, wait a minute..hmm.

Disquieted1
03-05-2015, 01:48 PM
Maybe HiRezMartini should hop onto this thread. He's technically forum staff.

as4mo3
03-05-2015, 02:18 PM

Maybe, but we can't force him.

Kaostic
03-05-2015, 04:08 PM

What with PAX etc., Martini has been a tad AWOL on the forum so far.
Plus, this was more directed at non-HiRez staff :).

Dmantakae
03-05-2015, 08:44 PM
Hmm, since I don't feel like going through every page, quote this post and I'll respond with an answer to whatever your question is.

Rıven
03-06-2015, 12:16 AM

Gay.

Monster Original, Rockstar Pure Zero Blue Ice.
I pick energy drinks based on how flashy the can is.

Aurasai
03-06-2015, 05:08 AM

I don't really like energy drinks.

Kaostic
03-06-2015, 07:40 AM

I drink way too much Monster.

KingScuba
03-06-2015, 11:52 AM
i equate energy drinks to things you find in the drainage of a mountain dew factory run off. AKA Cat piss alley.

MiyobiKumagawa
03-06-2015, 07:26 PM
Since I'm addicted to reading this Japanese Light Novel, "Mushoku Tensei." I'll ask my colleagues on their favorite reading material.

So far I've delved into Japanese literature and found a good lot of favorites: Overlord, Knights and Magic, Re:Monster, Mushoku Tensei, and Jashin Tensei (Evil God's Reincarnated Demon Army).

Also some manga as well mostly romance, slice of life, drama, seinen, etc.

Dmantakae
03-07-2015, 03:21 AM
I used to drink a lot of energy drinks when I was younger.... like a lot. Eventually, my kidneys started hurting and whatnot (got a lot of kidney stones), so I stopped drinking them.

bobertwalk
03-07-2015, 06:29 AM
Hello,

I was wondering how I can find the age of my account.. Thank you.

Kaostic
03-07-2015, 09:22 AM
Hello,

I was wondering how I can find the age of my account.. Thank you.

http://smitestuff.com

as4mo3
03-07-2015, 03:19 PM
I used to drink a lot of energy drinks when I was younger.... like a lot. Eventually, my kidneys started hurting and whatnot (got a lot of kidney stones), so I stopped drinking them.

ER mah gerd your post count (it's 3,666.)

Corraidhin
03-07-2015, 10:21 PM
I have one question for you, and ONE question only...

EXPLOSIONS!?!?

Ok in all seriousness. What are your thoughts about the typical feedback seen about gods and their skills? regardless of what Hi Rez might do, what are your thoughts, opinions and answers to such issues?

KingScuba
03-08-2015, 01:03 AM
Ok in all seriousness. What are your thoughts about the typical feedback seen about gods and their skills? regardless of what Hi Rez might do, what are your thoughts, opinions and answers to such issues?

Being brutal honest? Most of the feedback about matchmaking, gods, and items are from the mouths of ignorant newbies who have no idea how to play. These posts serve NO purpose except as a breeding ground for crying, whining, and general... bleh.

That isn't to say all posts are like this. I love finding that rare gem where someone actually takes the time to make constructive feedback with real thought behind it... But that's one in every hundred threads... if I'm lucky.

Tekron
03-08-2015, 01:24 AM
Huh... Didn't know we had this for some reason, but nevertheless I do have to ask, do any of you mods visit the god/skin concept of the forums, and out of them all, what would you say do you like the most in the god concept department of it all?

KingScuba
03-08-2015, 01:31 AM
Huh... Didn't know we had this for some reason, but nevertheless I do have to ask, do any of you mods visit the god/skin concept of the forums, and out of them all, what would you say do you like the most in the god concept department of it all?

i visit it quite a bit, and ice cream truck ymir.

Corraidhin
03-08-2015, 03:41 PM
Being brutal honest? Most of the feedback about matchmaking, gods, and items are from the mouths of ignorant newbies who have no idea how to play. These posts serve NO purpose except as a breeding ground for crying, whining, and general... bleh.

That isn't to say all posts are like this. I love finding that rare gem where someone actually takes the time to make constructive feedback with real thought behind it... But that's one in every hundred threads... if I'm lucky.

C`est la vie mon amis, If i try to provide feedback i try hard on it, or just dismiss the post entirely... wish people would put more time into it. Its all for improvement in the end.

Aurasai
03-08-2015, 03:51 PM

I manage the monthly god concept challenge so you could say so :D.

As for my favorite thread there... well it's in my signature :rolleyes:

Dmantakae
03-08-2015, 09:21 PM
I have one question for you, and ONE question only...

EXPLOSIONS!?!?

http://i.imgur.com/cNsgWFD.gif

I've been around for a very long time and have seen good feedback, and bad feedback. Typically the worst feedback happens within the week after a god gets released. Why? Because no one knows how to play/counter the new god. So they just say NERF PLOX or OHEHMGHEE THIS GOD IS SO BAD PLZ BUFF.

Also, I've noticed that HR doesn't go for the middle ground at first, so when they buff a god, they buff them, same with the nerfs.

And, I also have noticed that when the majority of the community have absolutely no idea how to play a god/are terrible with them, they'll scream for buffs (looking at you Thanatos), and HR will pretty much just remove all the skill required to play that god.