PDA

View Full Version : BATTLE FROST : Patch Notes - 2/18

HiRezMartini
02-18-2015, 04:48 PM
New God: Bellona

Bellona

Master of War - Passive
Upon giving or receiving hits from basic attacks, Bellona gains +5 protections and +6% movement speed for 5s. (max 5 stacks).

Shield Bash
Bellona dashes forward and bashes with her shield, dealing 80/120/160/200/240 +40% of her Physical Power as damage and slowing enemies 30% for 2s. Bellona gains 1 stack of block for each enemy god hit. Block absorbs all damage from a single basic attack and reflects 30% of the damage in an area around her. Bellona then makes basic attacks with sword and shield until out of combat, and every 3 successful basic attacks she gains another stack of block (max 3). Cooldown: 15s. Cost: 60.

Bludgeon
Bellona summons a Hammer and spins, hitting every enemy around her for 30/60/90/120/150 +25% of her Physical Power, and then smashing forward in an overhand attack dealing 70/130/190/250/310 +60% of her Physical Power as Damage. Each enemy god hit in the spin increases the damage of the overhand attack by +30%. Bellona now makes basic attacks with her Hammer until out of combat. Every Hammer attack hits all enemies in melee range. Cooldown: 10. Cost: 60/65/70/75/80.

Scourge
Bellona summons a Scourge, dealing 60/100/140/180/220 +50% of her Physical Power as damage to all enemies in a line. Enemies hit are Disarmed for 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3s, and cannot make basic attacks. Bellona now makes basic attacks with a Scourge until out of combat, which has extended range (+4) and every third attack heals Bellona 30/50/70/90/110. Cooldown: 18s. Cost: 70/75/80/85/90.

Eagle’s Rally
Bellona plants a Roman flag, granting 15/20/25/30/35 protections and increased physical power by 10/20/30/40/50 to allied gods for 6/8/10/12/14s. Enemies directly under where the flag is placed take 100/200/300/400/500 +50% of her Physical Power as damage and are stunned for 1s.

New God Skins

Ymir New Model
This new model updates Ymir’s Standard, TwitchYmir, Nuclear Winter, Golden, Legendary, and Diamond skins.
La Roca Hercules
Daisy Despair Scylla
Battle Maiden Bellona
Awilix Golden/Legendary/Diamond

New Voice Packs

Bellona
La Roca Hercules
Daisy Despair Scylla

New God Rotation

Isis
Sun Wukong
Sobek
Anhur
Fenrir

Emotes

Ymir Dance!
Updated Cards
Ymir Standard

Misc

Match invite art has been updated.
Match invites will no longer block the user from browsing after accepting.
Gamma screen now closes when a match invite appears.
Booster tooltip over player icon now shows remaining time.
Clicking GODS button on top bar now always redirects to the god page.
Updated League requirement description to be more clear.
A separate HOME button has been re-added to the end of match lobby.
Single match god rentals have been removed.
Tutorials have had UI updates.
Back button has been added for GODS page.
Fixed more cases of the Home screen images showing while in match.
Fixed clan tags not showing on scoreboard in PvP matches.
Fixed the Scoreboard not being accessible during match after server is offline.
Fixed black areas shown when using special emotes that zoom out the camera.
Fixed typo on Profile tooltip.
Fixed the God Lore tab not initially showing scroll bar.
Fixed being able to simultaneously scroll Friends list and chat.
Fixed highlighting issues at the Loadouts Page when purchasing Wards and Icons.
Fixed parties not being able to switch queues after encountering queue join errors.

Items

General

Miscellaneous item descriptions have had grammer cleanups.

Bluestone
Disabled for purchase in Assault.

Heartward Amulet
Added to MP5 in store filter.
Added to Physical Protection filter.

Hydra’s Lament & Hydra’s Star
Fixed both old and new passives being applied to targets. Ouch.
Shield of Regrowth
Fixed speed bonus not working with Nemesis Retribution healing.

Sovereignty
Added to HP5 in store filter.
Added to Magical Protection filter.

The Crusher
Disabled for purchase in Joust.

Gods - Balance/Updates/Fixes

As we are still fresh on the heels of Season 2’s release, there won’t be significant balance adjustments this patch. We want to give time for the previous changes to settle, and players to try out new builds and strategies.

Ares
Blessed Presence
Fixed typo: Changed Ares’ to Ares.

Chang’e
Crescent Moon Dance
Fixed tooltip to no longer say it affects allies.

Geb
Fixed some graphical issues with his hanging roots on Golden/Legendary skins.

He Bo
Steady Flow
Updated tooltip to be more general.

Hou Yi
Divebomb
Hou Yi can now glide over player deployables.

Janus
Portal
Corrected an issue where players falling through enemy portals could still use Aegis.

Thor
Anvil of Dawn
Fixed Thor being able to use this ability while dying in air.

Ullr
Switch Stance
Fixed additional cases where players would see Ullr in the wrong stance.

Godkillersatan
02-18-2015, 05:05 PM
O-o... woah

McKnightrider
02-18-2015, 05:09 PM
Wait, so when does this go live? they never tell us. It's patch note 2/18, to me that would imply going live on the 18th.

Richardgold
02-18-2015, 05:13 PM
Someone needs to buy a dicionary, lol.

SolisObscuri
02-18-2015, 05:14 PM
Interesting. Bellona looks pretty strong against AA based damagers. Her abilities do a lot of damage, but after using them it looks like she may be limited to AA herself until she leaves combat... so no chaining abilities. I can't tell if she's going to be her strong as hell or really situational. I think she may have a rough time breaking combat, though, if someone can get in and tank her... though her passive may help with that.

Aramey
02-18-2015, 05:43 PM
I thought I tested Hydra and it worked ok ;o
Is this patch at least on PTS now?

GongsunYiru
02-18-2015, 05:53 PM
That looks quite interesting. Also, that Ymir looks awesome.

Caeliüs
02-18-2015, 06:06 PM
Holy****, her ult can change the course of a battle big time.

VarenWolf
02-18-2015, 11:13 PM
Yeah only if your dumb enough to keep a fight in it. Got have team with a lot of cc. Otherwise she seems sweet. Can't wait have tamale warrior.

Off topic found out how devistating a Hel with doom orb is XD

McKnightrider
02-19-2015, 12:41 AM
Yeah only if your dumb enough to keep a fight in it. Got have team with a lot of cc. Otherwise she seems sweet. Can't wait have tamale warrior.

Off topic found out how devistating a Hel with doom orb is XD

It's 14 seconds though, you can take down a FG, tower/phoenix or even titan in less time.

Syelle
02-19-2015, 06:12 AM
Ermahgerd, bah a diksenareh.

VarenWolf
02-19-2015, 08:46 AM
It's 14 seconds though, you can take down a FG, tower/phoenix or even titan in less time.

True its a really good objective killer. Lol jiust place it down adn let your adc solo the fg while you guys Distract the enemy or your adc and support

TheSwimmingCat
02-19-2015, 09:31 AM
Interesting. Bellona looks pretty strong against AA based damagers. Her abilities do a lot of damage, but after using them it looks like she may be limited to AA herself until she leaves combat... so no chaining abilities. I can't tell if she's going to be her strong as hell or really situational. I think she may have a rough time breaking combat, though, if someone can get in and tank her... though her passive may help with that.

her ability damage, except the 2, is nothing, all warriors have better scaling/base damage on their abilities, but damn that passive, its basically sobeks passive with movement speed added. when playing at the pts I never saw her die cause she was too quick for all other gods

edit: after playing some more, man that 2 hurts, the rest doesn't need damage when you got so much in 1 ability

LainEdel
02-19-2015, 10:01 AM
Bellona seems really good so far. If anything could be changed it's her passive(a little nerf may be? 3%?) and possible increased cd on ultimate.
Ymir skins are good.
Add some black to Awilix's legs' front part.
I think Bellona is Drybear's creation? Well done. Also she looks really amazing.

VarenWolf
02-19-2015, 10:32 AM
How has she been playing in the PTS is what I'm wondering.

Cygnus12
02-19-2015, 11:05 AM
You can't currently cleanse Disarm with Beads or CC immune abilities on the PTS. May work sometimes, but from what I've tested, it's incredibly inconsistent if it cleanses the Disarm or not. Would be worth looking into before she goes live.

TheSwimmingCat
02-19-2015, 12:20 PM
How has she been playing in the PTS is what I'm wondering.

she is an absolute monster, when she is your laning opponent and you're not vamana or herc (the only 2 who stand a chance as far as I've seen) hide under your tower and cry

VarenWolf
02-19-2015, 01:55 PM
What about hel. try hel to counter her mabye?

McKnightrider
02-19-2015, 01:59 PM
What about hel. try hel to counter her mabye?

Brawlers beatstick.

VarenWolf
02-19-2015, 02:12 PM
Brawlers beatstick.

True true But I mean laning wise. wouldn't get pushed out to bad honestly

TheSwimmingCat
02-19-2015, 03:06 PM
True true But I mean laning wise. wouldn't get pushed out to bad honestly

its a bit the same as osiris v hel, as soon as hel wants to clear the wave she will die

as4mo3
02-19-2015, 03:54 PM
Wait, so when does this go live? they never tell us. It's patch note 2/18, to me that would imply going live on the 18th.

Tuesday or Wednesday.

Trubblegum
02-19-2015, 04:25 PM
It seems like Bellona will be built AA due to her lack of scaling, and good AA mechanics.

VarenWolf
02-19-2015, 05:15 PM
I like the idea of just being able switch between weapons is what they were going for so you can change according how battle is going.

Myrkulyte
02-20-2015, 01:25 AM
its a bit the same as osiris v hel, as soon as hel wants to clear the wave she will die

Ummm, that`s not true

TheSwimmingCat
02-20-2015, 08:09 AM
Ummm, that`s not true

explain yourself, that's not true is not an argument

Doshaburiten
02-20-2015, 09:25 AM
It's funny how nobody talks about how broken the 3 is. Or is it just too obvious it's not worth mentioning ?

VarenWolf
02-20-2015, 09:28 AM
It's funny how nobody talks about how broken the 3 is. Or is it just too obvious it's not worth mentioning ?

The three isn't broken I like the idea its a way to shut down all the Late game Hyper carries than can 2-4 shot most of your backline. exspecially with xbla damage late game hitting for about 400 plus without crit late game. Its a introduction of a cc that is actually much needed. Its a direct counter to any aa gods.

Doshaburiten
02-20-2015, 09:42 AM
Noooo the CC is fine. I like disarm.
But :
- 3s disarm is too much,
- the heal is way too high,
- you can heal off towers, you can also solo gold fury and fire giant faster than any gods in the game,
- you can disarm wave of minions making you a push monster.

Just put her with heavy hammer anywhere and she can do better than any other god. She can shut down carry in duo, she can outpush and early pressure in mid thanks to wave disarm, she do really good in the jungle because of the invade potential, and she is a beast in solo because of the sheer amount of heal. And I'm just talking about Scourge, because if I were to talk about Eagle's Rally I'd say the CD is too short, a bit similar to Ra's, allowing Bellona to put even more pressure.

MiyobiKumagawa
02-20-2015, 09:52 AM
Noooo the CC is fine. I like disarm.
But :
- 3s disarm is too much,
- the heal is way too high,
- you can heal off towers, you can also solo gold fury and fire giant faster than any gods in the game,
- you can disarm wave of minions making you a push monster.

3 seconds of being disarmed is nothing since you can still use abilities to get away or damage. Compared to the entire year of CC that's applied by Ymir, Athena, and Anubis.

The heal is on par of Tyr's heal if I'm not mistaken. Be happy it's not per tick like Herc's. Pestilence, Curse, Divine Ruin, Brawler's Beatstick can counter this.

Healing off of towers? That can't be right. Also soloing GF and FG, Hunters can do it just as fast as her.

For pushing minions, that's if you let her. Gods like Guan, Tyr, Herc, Osiris, and etc don't rely on AA's to push and wave clear pretty fast. Now if you are Bakasura solo then you are in Hel.

Doshaburiten
02-20-2015, 10:49 AM
3 seconds of being disarmed is nothing since you can still use abilities to get away or damage. Compared to the entire year of CC that's applied by Ymir, Athena, and Anubis.

The heal is on par of Tyr's heal if I'm not mistaken. Be happy it's not per tick like Herc's. Pestilence, Curse, Divine Ruin, Brawler's Beatstick can counter this.

Healing off of towers? That can't be right. Also soloing GF and FG, Hunters can do it just as fast as her.

For pushing minions, that's if you let her. Gods like Guan, Tyr, Herc, Osiris, and etc don't rely on AA's to push and wave clear pretty fast. Now if you are Bakasura solo then you are in Hel.

Every god who is annoyed by disarm can't do much damage-wise without AA. And fleeing is hard with Eagle's Rally in the back to catch and stun. And there are configurations where you need to fight. It reminds me of release Sylvanus' root which was 2s long at level 1. And I consider forcing Apollo, Rama, Chronos and even Thanatos to ult away as a win.

For the heal it applies every 3 hits armed with the Scourge, so you can heal as long as you can AA and with the range boost it's even easier. Other gods need at least to rely on CD to heal back up, but Bellona can heal as long as she can AA something : enemies, minions and towers (because it is not classified as lifesteal it currently works).

For GF and FG I assure you it's faster than hunters and not item dependent. I saw Bellonas fighting the GF at lvl 7 and the FG at lvl 14 without taking any damage.

And for minion pushing I don't even talked about Bludgeon. I just focused on Scourge. And if she goes solo there is no reason for her not to take your blue buff. And it's not only my opinion, it is the insight I had from other people on the PTS as well, who are way better players and know a lot more about the game than me. I just posted it here because I found it weird no one talked about it yet. Or maybe there is a PTS feedback thread I miss and I'm posting in the wrong section but I still find it useful.

MiyobiKumagawa
02-20-2015, 10:52 AM
Well she is an anti-AA God who based around disabling Gods that rely on AA.

Everything else is really opinionated on how the community reacts to her skill sets.

Trubblegum
02-20-2015, 01:51 PM
Well she is an anti-AA God who based around disabling Gods that rely on AA.

Everything else is really opinionated on how the community reacts to her skill sets.
3s Disarm counters 80% of gods, not just AA based gods.
Lets see how many gods use AAs mainly, have AA based passives, or build items that rely on AAs, shall we?
AGNI
AMC
ANHUR
AOKUANG
APOLLO
ARACHNE
ARTEMIS
ATHENA
AWILIX
BACCHUS (damage bacchus builds Poly)
BAKASURA
CABRAKAN
CHAAC
CHRONOS
CUPID
FENRIR
FREYA
HADES
HOUYI
HUNBATZ
KALI
LOKI
MERCURY
NEZHA
NEMESIS
NUWA
OSIRIS
POSEIDON
RAMA
SCYLLA (poly)
SERQET
SOBEK
SWK
THANATOS
THOR
ULLR
VAMANA
VULCAN
XBALANQUE
YMIR
ZEUS
42/62
66% of gods countered in this game through Disarm alone, and she's already S+ tier without being the single most broken god because she can literally play almost any role, since chances are she counters her opponent.

Spekter
02-20-2015, 02:18 PM
Lol.

The panic over disarm is so freaking ridiculous. It's just like cripple - an insanely narrow CC that will have a use but can be played around (and can be used to outplay people who don't respect it).

This is a standard "hallmark" CC with an 18 second cooldown. See Athena's taunt, see Ymir's stun. It's significantly more narrow in application than either of those and it doesn't lock down the target for burst - at best it peels. It's a standard cooldown CC that is only a peel and only affects some damage gods, with others unaffected.

Get over it. If you're Baka, don't ult when Scourge is up and your beads are down. Like geez, people.

McKnightrider
02-20-2015, 02:21 PM
3s Disarm counters 80% of gods, not just AA based gods.
Lets see how many gods use AAs mainly, have AA based passives, or build items that rely on AAs, shall we?
AGNI - No
AMC - yes
ANHUR - Yes (Can escape)
AOKUANG - Yes (Can escape)
APOLLO - Yes (Can escape)
ARACHNE - Yes (Can escape)
ARTEMIS - Yes (Can't really escape but the boar can throw a diversion)
ATHENA - No
AWILIX - Yes (Can escape, also cripple hurts her more)
BACCHUS (damage bacchus builds Poly) - No
BAKASURA - Yes (can escape)
CABRAKAN - No...like at all. If anything I would say he's a good counter to her too
CHAAC - Yes
CHRONOS - Yes
CUPID - Yes (Can escape)
FENRIR - Yes (Can escape)
FREYA - Yes
HADES - No, not even a little either
HOUYI - Yes (Can escape)
HUNBATZ - Yes (can ult counter though)
KALI - Definitely Yes (but can escape)
LOKI - Definitely Yes (but can escape)
MERCURY - Definitely Yes (Can escape)
NEZHA - Yes but can just ult you
NEMESIS - Yes (Can escape)
NUWA - No
OSIRIS - Yes
POSEIDON - Kinda
RAMA - Yes (can escape)
SCYLLA (poly) - No
SERQET - Yes (can escape)
SOBEK - Yes
SWK - Yes
THANATOS -Yes (can escape)
THOR - Nope, why is thor on here when 90% of his damage comes from abilities?
ULLR - Yes (can escape)
VAMANA - Yes (Not sure how it works when he's in big baby mode)
VULCAN - No
XBALANQUE - Yes
YMIR - Maybe? His passive does double his damage but he can also freeze and slow you for a long time
ZEUS - Yes
42/62
66% of gods countered in this game through Disarm alone, and she's already S+ tier without being the single most broken god because she can literally play almost any role, since chances are she counters her opponent.

You're exaggerating greatly. So you can't attack? That doesn't mean stand there and die, over half of those gods can still use abilities and escape. Disarm isn't as bad as taunt and or stuns. It's a direct counter to assassins and hunters and some mages. Just like Awilix is a direct counter to gods that can jump.
100% of the gods in the game are countered by stun, taunt and root.

AlexError
02-20-2015, 02:24 PM
Bellona

She is quite strong, and I suspect she'll be hit with a few nerfs. Her gameplay mechanics are one of the best I've seen in a long time - lots of unique stuff, lots of new stuff. A few things of note:

1. She seems really bent on disrupting basic attackers, which is a good thing; I've always been under the impression that basic attackers (especially physical) were exceptionally strong in Smite.

2. Her weapon changing mechanic is awesome. Some of the weapons seem to be quite a bit stronger than others though.

3. Disarm is also awesome - perhaps it could be toned down a bit since it is very long?

4. Her ultimate seems to benefit physical attackers on her team a bit more.

Lastly, I think HiRez made a mistake (albeit small) in designing this goddess. She has too much new stuff, which limits designs of gods in the future, and makes older gods like Vamana more one dimensional or boring. Personally, I wouldn't have put the weapon switching mechanic, the disarm CC, the blocking mechanic AND cleave on the same god. It's not a balance issue, but rather a design issue which might bite HiRez in the back in the future.

McKnightrider
02-20-2015, 03:36 PM
Bellona

She is quite strong, and I suspect she'll be hit with a few nerfs. Her gameplay mechanics are one of the best I've seen in a long time - lots of unique stuff, lots of new stuff. A few things of note:

1. She seems really bent on disrupting basic attackers, which is a good thing; I've always been under the impression that basic attackers (especially physical) were exceptionally strong in Smite.

2. Her weapon changing mechanic is awesome. Some of the weapons seem to be quite a bit stronger than others though.

3. Disarm is also awesome - perhaps it could be toned down a bit since it is very long?

4. Her ultimate seems to benefit physical attackers on her team a bit more.

Lastly, I think HiRez made a mistake (albeit small) in designing this goddess. She has too much new stuff, which limits designs of gods in the future, and makes older gods like Vamana more one dimensional or boring. Personally, I wouldn't have put the weapon switching mechanic, the disarm CC, the blocking mechanic AND cleave on the same god. It's not a balance issue, but rather a design issue which might bite HiRez in the back in the future.

They mentioned they might retrofit older gods with the disarm ability. I think that would fix the issue of to many new things on her. I think a lot of gods could be vastly improved with disarm. Like Awilix ult having disarm on the pull or a disarm on odins rings for a short period.

MiyobiKumagawa
02-20-2015, 03:46 PM
I think one God that switches his weapon aka Ullr could benefit from her mechanic, but that would be tricky to do unless they retool his kit.

Trubblegum
02-20-2015, 04:24 PM
You're exaggerating greatly. So you can't attack? That doesn't mean stand there and die, over half of those gods can still use abilities and escape. Disarm isn't as bad as taunt and or stuns. It's a direct counter to assassins and hunters and some mages. Just like Awilix is a direct counter to gods that can jump.
100% of the gods in the game are countered by stun, taunt and root.

Most AA based Chars have extremely weak abilities once their AAs come online.
Here's my reasoning:
Nox is an anti-mage, yes?
Nox has no 3s silence, and is a MAGE COUNTER ONLY.
Bellona counters more than just assassins and hunters, she also counters quite a few warriors and mages, and a couple guardians.
Bellona is also so good that she'd be broken even without the disarm. Why?
SHE HAS 2 GUARDIAN PASSIVES, AND BOTH ARE BETTER.
Don't believe?
Block: REFLECTS DAMAGE instead of just blocking it, Athena only blocks it.
Her actual passive: Gives more protections than Sobek's, gives movespeed, and LASTS LONGER.
It is an awesome concept, a god that puts basic attackers in line. But when she is release-nemesis levels of broken before you even get to her 3s disarm (which is broken in itself), something is wrong.
My opinion?
Remove the reflect from block. There is no reason she should one-up Athena's passive without it actually being her passive and having worse moves.
Reduce the damage on Bludgeon just a little bit, it hits pretty hard already.
Reduce the disarm to 1s at ALL RANKS. 3s is a lot, and while it only hits, what, 2/3 of the gods in this game, it basically acts as an aegis against 4/7 of them. Also, reduce the heal. Build how you build Osiris, and once she gets Scourge off, you are screwed, no matter who you are.
Remove the stun from her flag, make it a 2s root/cripple, and add magical power.
There are no stun/taunt/roots that last for 3s.
Call it how you think, she is Hercules times 10.
She is tanky, fast, does a crapton of damage, has enough CC to take down guardians, and has 4 damned passives, all of which are better versions of other passives.
Some gods are broken, but if Bellona is not nerfed, she will be EXTREMELY broken in every game, and if she is never nerfed she will become insta-pick, insta-ban in EVERY SINGLE GAME.
Imagine trying to play a little bit of Bakasura, only to see Bellona on the enemy team in every fucking match.
Yes, there are other gods that counter whole classes.
But all of them are A tier and lower, most are around C tier level.
Bellona?
S+ Without considering the fact that she counters a crap ton of gods.

TigrisCallidus
02-20-2015, 04:50 PM
her ability damage, except the 2, is nothing, all warriors have better scaling/base damage on their abilities, but damn that passive, its basically sobeks passive with movement speed added. when playing at the pts I never saw her die cause she was too quick for all other gods

edit: after playing some more, man that 2 hurts, the rest doesn't need damage when you got so much in 1 ability

Why do people compare single abilities and not total damage?!
Her total ability damage is better then 50% of the warriors...

SolisObscuri
02-20-2015, 05:33 PM
Why do people compare single abilities and not total damage?!
Her total ability damage is better then 50% of the warriors...

I'm inclined to think the problem there isn't Bellona.

TigrisCallidus
02-20-2015, 05:39 PM
I'm inclined to think the problem there isn't Bellona.

So you mean Hercules Vamana osiris and chaac should have their damage increased?^^

MiyobiKumagawa
02-20-2015, 05:40 PM
Man the amount of arguements and rage already and she hasn't even hit global yet.

Even though she's in PTS, I'm more inclined to see more opinions from others that haven't tried her yet. Right now it's a small debate between those that don't see her OP and those that do.

If her 3 second disarm is that long then have it start at 1 second and have it steadily increase by .3 as for the heal then lower its base heal.

I can't say much about her other abilities, but it's up to the majority to decide.

Trubblegum
02-20-2015, 06:21 PM
Man the amount of arguements and rage already and she hasn't even hit global yet.

Even though she's in PTS, I'm more inclined to see more opinions from others that haven't tried her yet. Right now it's a small debate between those that don't see her OP and those that do.

If her 3 second disarm is that long then have it start at 1 second and have it steadily increase by .3 as for the heal then lower its base heal.

I can't say much about her other abilities, but it's up to the majority to decide.

The heal is fine.
My problem is the fact that she can literally kill a 100% health assassin that leaped on her when she had 10% health because of the total bullcrap that is the Disarm CC.
She can use Scourge, disarm you, and start whupping your ass before you even realize your basics dont work anymore.
If ANY god is leaped on by an assassin while they have 10% health, they should die. It's just the way assassins work. But when she can solo 3 different enemies by herself due to her passive and Scourge, she is OP, there's no doubt about it.
Say Disarm wasnt OP.
Look at all of the gods meant to counter a certain class.
Osiris: Counter to melee physicals. He got nerfed, and Qins got nerfed, now he's only slightly viable, since there is a mage meta incoming. A tier at best.
Chang'e: Counter to healers. Slow, needs to be in melee range, very squishy, needs a lot of skill to use. A tier at best.
Ra: A counter to melees. Needs to be right next to you in order to pump off his damage. A tier at best.
Nox: A counter to mages. Very low damage, but very spammy, and good against spammers. B tier at best.
NONE of these gods are S tier (maybe Osiris), and they dont counter as many gods.
Bellona counters more gods and is S+ without Disarm or Block.
Think about this for a second.
REMOVING THINGS FROM HER KIT, she is still more viable than other countering gods AND she counters MORE gods than these, and even counters one of them.

MiyobiKumagawa
02-20-2015, 06:41 PM
That's really over exaggerating it, Trubble. If you get killed by a 10% health Bellona that means you got outplayed. Also you still have your abilities to adhere to if your AA's get disabled.

Mercury - 1, deal the killing blow. 3, insures the shortening amount of time that disarm is in effect.
Bakasura - his pounce and ult.
Kali - CC, and 2
Nemesis - Dash, and 2
Ne Zha - Rings, stun, and ult
Thor - Hammer throw, 2 for stun, and 3
Apollo - 1, 2, and 3 (His 1 does full damage on first target it hits)
Ullr - his skillset
Etc.

Really even a tanky full bruiser character can't survive like Ymir or full fast damage Bakasura can't survive with 10% health against an 100% health assassin unless they outplay that assassin.

A lot of the opinions whether or not explained properly are really biased because of how overtooled her kit is. Like I said, it is best to wait for the overall release and gameplay before stating she needs serious attention.

TigrisCallidus
02-20-2015, 06:50 PM
If she is on 10% health, any assasin jumping onto her will kill her.
Since every assasin has some damage with abilities (in fact the jump alone deals damage).

A 3 second disarm is fine as long it has not a tooo big aoe (else it is too devasting in teamfights) it should only hit 1 god (or 2 if standing directly together maybe).

But somehow her whole kit seams bloated.

She has passive movementspeed + a dash + a jump (ultimate) + her 2 has a small jump-> Verry High mobility!

She has a 30% slow + 3 second disarm + Stun -> High CC

She has 25 protections + blocks basic attacks + ultimate grants protections -> High Defense

Her 1 deals aoe damage (cone) + she reflects basic attacks aoe + her 2 deals aoe damage (if enemies are together A LOT) + her 3 deals aoe (line) damage + her 2 grants her basic attack aoe damage + her ultimate deals aoe damage (small radius but still) -> High AOE damage

Her 1, 2, 3 and 4 also deal damage with some range -> moderate/good Range

Her 3 lets her heal herself -> Moderate Sustain (actually early game around the same as tyr and guan yu especially since she does not need further mana!)

So all she lacks is actually High single target damage. (And her single target damage is at least moderate!)

MiyobiKumagawa
02-20-2015, 06:57 PM
Doesn't her 3 have a straight line target as shown in the video during the Dev talk, so more or less she's only going to disable one God per teamfight unless her teammates miraculously set up the enemies for her in a line.

*Edit
It's single line, but the hit box is pretty wide so maybe a decrease in the width range of the line box would help.

TigrisCallidus
02-20-2015, 07:00 PM
Doesn't her 3 have a straight line target as shown in the video during the Dev talk, so more or less she's only going to disable one God per teamfight unless her teammates miraculously set up the enemies for her in a line.

With her high mobility it should not be that much of a problem attacking opponent such that at least 2 gods are actually hit with it.
2 people always build a line and she has just go to one end of the line (and the skill is fast so it is hard to break the line before).

I just don't see why it does not only disarm the first god encountered?
Because in reality it would be hard to grad with 1 flail the weapons of 2 people standing behind each other as well ;)

MiyobiKumagawa
02-20-2015, 07:05 PM
I just don't see why it does not only disarm the first god encountered?
Because in reality it would be hard to grad with 1 flail the weapons of 2 people standing behind each other as well ;)

That's not a bad fix actually. I like this idea. Pretty much it will uphold the basis on limiting the disarm limit to one God. How about a hunter line damage control? Meaning it does full damage on the target it hits and it decreases down the road depending how many targets it hit.

Realistically it's intertia taking effect on the amount of force applied to a chain of objects.

Besides she has two cone damage abilities so it shouldn't affect her too drastically.

TigrisCallidus
02-20-2015, 07:18 PM
I don't think the damage on that ability is actually a problem.
So it would be a unneded/falsli placed nerf.

I mean her Waveclear is her 2 and the damage on her 3 is not that great to begin with. So having full damage to all targets is not a problem in my eyes.
Since even if you decrease the damage she would still have a high aoe damage. (Since it still deals some aoe damage additional to all her other aoe attacks).

I would rather see her passive removed (and her weapon switching be the passive, since it allready is kind of a passive!).
This would tone her mobility down and makes mer a little bit more fragile and she would not have a strictly better passive than sobek.
Also her kit would feel less bloated, when she just has a complicated passive, but easy abilities.

Also at the moment with her disarm, the passive protections and the blocking of autoattacks, she does not really need to build much physical protection at all and could concentrate on magical protection (making her NOT weak against burst mages, as intended).
25 protections less clearly make some difference especially early/midgame.

Also removing AT LEAST the aoe part of the reflection of the basic attack (or maybe let the person making a basic attack to you take 30% of YOUR physical power as damage instead) would be the next point I would like to remove.

This has 2 reasons.

1. Her AOE damage is allready high.
2. It would prevent people from killing their teammates! If she charges into 4 enemies and the adc still shoots her (and crits) the 4 people around her will take a lot of damage, even though 3 of them are not at fault!

Removing the aoe disarm possibility would help that you can actually win a teamfight against her.
Since she allready has an annoying ultimate, making team fights hard, so having the possibility to remove several people from combat for 3 seconds seams really unneeded.

Godkillersatan
02-21-2015, 02:22 AM
Finally ymir looks even more badass than before....

Also i will find this new god to be quite the unique melee thus far.

LokiWildfire
02-21-2015, 08:20 AM
With the previous AO... I mean Kuk's rebuff to his tornado (I guess the whinners who can't understand the concept of team play won) and Zeus remaining the same (though he was nerfed for the exact same reason and in the exact same manner: too much individual performance, even though he didn't really loose much when the team played, you know, as a team in this team based game), and with Bellona and her 2091381029831 passives not too long after Odin was nerfed then reworked exactly because his passives were "too much" (with the bonus points of his skills now not even matching his lore, could just call it "Random Dude With a Big Spear" honestly) + a ton of new game mechanics without a review of other game mechanics and old gods (what would be expected by anyone with half decent training in game design), the only conclusion I can come up with is: if HiRez' designers had no clue what they're doing before, now they just gave up and went full fanboy pleasing mode, damn everything else.

LokiWildfire
02-21-2015, 08:34 AM

Even though she's in PTS, I'm more inclined to see more opinions from others that haven't tried her yet.

I will let you finish, but think that maybe, just maybe you are forgetting that we actually have her numbers (and the other gods' numbers) and it is not about "seeing" her in action (which is obviously influence by player skill and playstyle, and the play style and skill of the oponent) but an act of comparing her stats/her maths with that of other gods? You know, by that complicated process called doing the maths (a thing that it is clear to me that the HiRez crew is very poor at, given the current game design options)? You know, it might be surprising to you, but you do not need to see her "in action" to do the maths and know what could be done with her (just like we can do for every other single god in game before playing and getting actually good at them). You just need the numbers and description of how things (are supposed to) work (and if they don't work that way, than that is what we call a bug) to compare them how they stack, and in fact that is the only reasonable rational way to do it (because it certainly exclude player skill, i.e. personal bias - the maths either match or they don't, quite simple as that).

I know you''re HiRez so you kind of have to play the advocate here, but please do not offend our collective intelligences (well, at least the few of us who do happen to use theirs) with such terribly flawed "logic". It is so offensive that it should be considered vulgarity.

But then we have this pearl:

And I know that logical arguments are not to be found here, since whether something is broken or not has nothing to do with what the majority "feels like", but with how the stats of one god compares to the other ones. Yet, it is clear that in your opinion actual game ballancing is not what makes something broken or not, but what the majority thinks (never mind they might just be using it poorly, because, like the HiRez crew, they're aint very good in this math business). That is not logical, that is just nonsense.

Doshaburiten
02-21-2015, 09:13 AM
@LokiWildfire
Wow, you're going a little too far there. And I think HiRez does good in releasing really good/broken gods on the PTS before nerfing them. Because if you're not an high level player you won't know what to do with an average god, because it'd be hard to pinpoint the strengths. Here we can clearly see what Bellona's really good at. There is not a ton of things to change if we were to balance her, despite the long list I could see on previous posts.

Like we could consider decreasing the disarm from 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3s to 2s at all ranks, and increasing the number of hits to heal with the Scourge from 3 to 4 and prevent her from healing of off towers. That alone would be good. And of course clearing the bugs like not being able to beads away from the disarm or Shield Bash gaining stacks not from god hit alone but also from minion hits.

MiyobiKumagawa
02-21-2015, 09:14 AM
@LokiWildfire
You bring up logical statements, but a lot of times numbers are used to bring up illogical reasoning.

I'm just saying numbers are yes data to bring up valid points, but since it doesn't cover what happens in areas of cooperation or how she'll be useful outside the realms of data in aspects of scenarios. Reason why I say to let the majority decide is because at the moment we only have a few handful of players playing her.

We can't determine her to be OP until a set group of players from a line of study through experience see how viable she is on terms of 3 conditions: Effective builds, teamplay, and overall match statistics. Basing numbers on her skill sets alone isn't going to factor how OP she is in-game.

A good example is Nox, players complained how UP she was through damage numbers alone so Hi Rez buffed her, but then she was too strong for a set amount of players so they nerfed her down a bit. Numbers don't mean anything until conditions of overall aspects have been met.

Isn't that how experiments go?

LokiWildfire
02-21-2015, 11:58 AM
@LokiWildfire
Wow, you're going a little too far there. And I think HiRez does good in releasing really good/broken gods on the PTS before nerfing them. Because if you're not an high level player you won't know what to do with an average god, because it'd be hard to pinpoint the strengths. Here we can clearly see what Bellona's really good at. There is not a ton of things to change if we were to balance her, despite the long list I could see on previous posts.
SO the basis of your argument is "I think you're wrong so it is true!". Ok, nothign to see here, moving along.

@LokiWildfire
You bring up logical statements, but a lot of times numbers are used to bring up illogical reasoning.

I'm just saying numbers are yes data to bring up valid points, but since it doesn't cover what happens in areas of cooperation or how she'll be useful outside the realms of data in aspects of scenarios. Reason why I say to let the majority decide is because at the moment we only have a few handful of players playing her.

We can't determine her to be OP until a set group of players from a line of study through experience see how viable she is on terms of 3 conditions: Effective builds, teamplay, and overall match statistics. Basing numbers on her skill sets alone isn't going to factor how OP she is in-game.

A good example is Nox, players complained how UP she was through damage numbers alone so Hi Rez buffed her, but then she was too strong for a set amount of players so they nerfed her down a bit. Numbers don't mean anything until conditions of overall aspects have been met.

Isn't that how experiments go?

BALLANCE/being broken or not is a purely mathematical analyses. As is knowing what team effectiveness a god/character CAN have, at least since we have all the numbers for all of them (if we didn't, you would have a point). Whether people are SKILLED enough to do what CAN be done is another matter. That does not make the thing broken/not-broken, it just makes people bad at using it. Those are only indirectly related subjects (because both affect final performance), but unrelated analyses (the quality of the user does not change the quality of the tool, and we are talking whether or not the tool is better than the others, not how moronic, I mean, unskilled people are at using it).

TigrisCallidus
02-21-2015, 12:47 PM
Not everything can be perfectly be calculated with numbers (or is hard).
I am in general for the calculating side, BUT there are other factors.

It is hard to calculate how hard it is to actually evade abilities/or how hard it is to hit them.
It is also hard to compare different types of escapes and which one is how good.

Also in her case her actual damage (of her 1) is hard to calculate, since you cannot exactly know how hard you will be hit by the basic attack.

Also geometrical things like: How easy is it to actualy disarm 2+ people is not something which can easily be calculated.

Also it is hard to know how strong some AOE CCs are, how they influence a fight.

Also since this is a game humans play, sometimes people just feel things are too strong and therefore for the player feel you must "balance" things. (Sometimes this can be done with different looks sounds alone, but most of the time a nerf/buff happen).

Best example: Hun Batz his normal ability scaling was on par with bastet. But it was nerfed, because he felt to strong (with his ultimate and mobility). Now he has the worst scaling from all ability based assasins by far, but people still play him.

I am not in favour of balancing for the mass in general (nor am I fan of balancing after 1 tournament thats actually even worse!).

But I know that sometimes number cannot say everything or at least player feel and balance is not the same.

With Bellona with the new kind of CC it is hard to say how strong the whole kit is.

But what I do not like (if balanced or noit) is that she just seems to top some things from other characters, where this would not be necessary.
And that the whole kit seams a little bit bloated, then just ellegant.

MiyobiKumagawa
02-21-2015, 02:10 PM
TigrisCallidus, you made a great analysis there which shows balance cannot be summed up by numbers alone.

For me it's not the general of mathematical analysis, but conditional factors regarding my 3 areas as I stated earlier: Builds of items, team comp, and match statistics.

For now as I stated it's best to wait for the bigger factors to come into play through a more bigger audience because a lot of times into balance we miss the small details. I would like to put the matter to rest on Bellona's balance since we do have a feedback thread. Or we can have a thread created in the General Discussion on the subject.

TigrisCallidus
02-21-2015, 02:58 PM
But I agree, that she just gives the wrong feel, when having a passive which are strict upgrades to other characters abilities.

This is not really about balance, but about player feeling. And I think this will not change much even with playtesting.

Her kit leaves 2-3 impressions:

1. Powersurge/Powercreep in the game (topping other characters!)
2. It is a little bit overloaded with stuff (complicated not simple).
3. A 3 second AOE NEW CC seams really long! (Not saying it is too strong, but saying it seams long, especially on something new untested)

And this feeling can also make people let the character feel overpowered. (And this feeling is also important!)

This is why I would:

Firstly remove the passive (and make the weapons her passive, maybe even give the normal weapon movementspeed bonus when hitting (but no protections)).

Second: Change her 1 such that it does not top Athenas. (Is the slow needed (on this ability)?, Does she has to absorb all damage? Does she has to reflect damage (even aoe!) Does she has to get more then 1 stack from the ability (not passive) itself?)

One suggestion would here be, that she absorbs 30-50% of her physical power of damage (after mitigation) and reflects the same amount to the attacker instead.

Third: Not that important as the others, but her ultimate also is kind of bloatet.
- It is a fast leap (with no loading animation before!)
- It gives CC immunity.
- It deals Aoe damage (good base not that good scaling).
- It stuns Aoe (for 1 second)
- It gives Physical Power (but no magical power)
- It gives Physical Protection
- It gives Magical Protection

Does it really need to give all that? It just feels like a better version, then Tyrs Ultimate!
Also why does every (new) god need a CC immunity?!

Doshaburiten
02-21-2015, 03:27 PM
SO the basis of your argument is "I think you're wrong so it is true!". Ok, nothign to see here, moving along.

My reaction to your post was only the first sentence sir. You just felt offended for some strange reasons and became condescending, hitting on the mods, on HiRez and even on the community you claim to be the spokesman. Instead of attacking people you should show us your maths you're so proud of. I'd really enjoy to go trough that and it would add more to discuss in the thread. The rest of my post was just to say my opinion, there is not much to argue with your statements I just wanted to give another view on the matter.

And to not just use this as an answer and to restart the subject I'd like to say it's pretty hard to balance Shield Bash and Bludgeon right now considering how strong Scourge is with the heal and the increased range. It feels like switching into another weapon would hinder you more than anything else. As you might not build CDR (considering how strong attack speed is) you will have a 18s window between two Scourges.

Spekter
02-21-2015, 03:40 PM
@LokiWildfire

Like we could consider decreasing the disarm from 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3s to 2s at all ranks, and increasing the number of hits to heal with the Scourge from 3 to 4 and prevent her from healing of off towers. That alone would be good. And of course clearing the bugs like not being able to beads away from the disarm or Shield Bash gaining stacks not from god hit alone but also from minion hits.

In the patch notes addendum, they added that Shield Bash is intended to gain stacks from minions to the tooltip - this is a balance change that they had made but had not updated the tooltip for yet.

As far as the disarm duration reduction, I doubt that will happen because it's completely unnecessary. They just need to fix any and all bugs with CC immunity, cleanses, etc.

They have already removed healing from towers from Scourge. Honestly, it isn't overpowered right now or if it is it's by very little. It's just incredibly popular because it was bugged to do massive amounts of damage on a broken hit chain (there was a fast swing that was actually doing 125% damage instead of 50% or 75%, I don't recall exactly). Shield Bash stance is already better for boxing than Scourge by a lot. Scourge stance (not the ability) should be used for kiting, chasing, or healing back up in PvE.

KTKA
02-21-2015, 06:19 PM
It's just incredibly popular because it was bugged to do massive amounts of damage on a broken hit chain (there was a fast swing that was actually doing 125% damage instead of 50% or 75%, I don't recall exactly).

Actually, where is the description of her attack progression? On the PTS I just saw the word "Special", which was rather useless. I assume that it changes based on her currently equipped weapon? At the very least I suggest updating the tooltip, so that it gives a detailed description.

GodlySparta
02-22-2015, 02:15 AM
My suggestion for nerfing Bellona
1. Shorten the disarm
2. Maybe make it affect 1 god at a time.
3. Make it so she's not invincible with her shield

NJG420
02-22-2015, 02:51 AM
So does anyone have any information on when this patch comes out?

Gromun
02-22-2015, 10:56 AM
Master of War - Passive
Upon giving or receiving hits from basic attacks, Bellona gains +5 protections and +6% movement speed for 5s. (max 5 stacks).

thanks for another balance breaking god

Bellona summons a Hammer and spins, hitting every enemy around her for 30/60/90/120/150 +25% of her Physical Power, and then smashing forward in an overhand attack dealing 70/130/190/250/310 +60% of her Physical Power as Damage. Each enemy god hit in the spin increases the damage of the overhand attack by +30%. Bellona now makes basic attacks with her Hammer until out of combat. Every Hammer attack hits all enemies in melee range. Cooldown: 10. Cost: 60/65/70/75/80.

Scourge
Bellona summons a Scourge, dealing 60/100/140/180/220 +50% of her Physical Power as damage to all enemies in a line. Enemies hit are Disarmed for 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3s, and cannot make basic attacks. Bellona now makes basic attacks with a Scourge until out of combat, which has extended range (+4) and every third attack heals Bellona 30/50/70/90/110. Cooldown: 18s. Cost: 70/75/80/85/90.

Eagle’s Rally
Bellona plants a Roman flag, granting 15/20/25/30/35 protections and increased physical power by 10/20/30/40/50 to allied gods for 6/8/10/12/14s. Enemies directly under where the flag is placed take 100/200/300/400/500 +50% of her Physical Power as damage and are stunned for 1s.

r u kidding me?

McKnightrider
02-22-2015, 12:38 PM
So does anyone have any information on when this patch comes out?

It comes out Wednesday

My suggestion for nerfing Bellona
1. Shorten the disarm
2. Maybe make it affect 1 god at a time.
3. Make it so she's not invincible with her shield

1. If they made it shorter it would just be 2 seconds at all ranks, which is a possibility that they do that, but it wouldn't really make a significant impact
2. That defeats the purpose of a line attack, if it was only 1 god then it would be a ground target, which don't miss. Just don't stand in a line
3. Abilities still tear through her while she has her shield up, which mages will constantly do.

TigrisCallidus
02-22-2015, 01:37 PM
It comes out Wednesday
2. That defeats the purpose of a line attack, if it was only 1 god then it would be a ground target, which don't miss. Just don't stand in a line
3. Abilities still tear through her while she has her shield up, which mages will constantly do.

2 People always stand in a line. And when you do not need much physical defense, you can concentrate more on magical defense...

AlexError
02-22-2015, 01:49 PM
It comes out Wednesday

1. If they made it shorter it would just be 2 seconds at all ranks, which is a possibility that they do that, but it wouldn't really make a significant impact

Try having two points that cannot be joined up in a line - unless you do some weird complex number plane stuff, you'll find that any two points can be joined via a line.

GodlySparta
02-22-2015, 02:03 PM
Gods stronger than Bellona
1. Ymir
2. Nu Wa
3. Baset
4. Apollo
5. Anyone with a stun...

LokiWildfire
02-22-2015, 10:21 PM
My reaction to your post was only the first sentence sir. You just felt offended for some strange reasons and became condescending, hitting on the mods, on HiRez and even on the community you claim to be the spokesman. Instead of attacking people you should show us your maths you're so proud of. I'd really enjoy to go trough that and it would add more to discuss in the thread. The rest of my post was just to say my opinion, there is not much to argue with your statements I just wanted to give another view on the matter.

And to not just use this as an answer and to restart the subject I'd like to say it's pretty hard to balance Shield Bash and Bludgeon right now considering how strong Scourge is with the heal and the increased range. It feels like switching into another weapon would hinder you more than anything else. As you might not build CDR (considering how strong attack speed is) you will have a 18s window between two Scourges.
I didn't feel offended - condescending is my usual tone, if you don't like it, move along, no one is forcing you or anyone to talk to me. You pulled that out of the same place you pull your "argument". And I merely summarized your "argument", no need to repeat the whole thing when one line will do. Well, at least the parts that actually addressed my point, as the rest I don't care.

LokiWildfire
02-22-2015, 10:37 PM
TigrisCallidus, you made a great analysis there which shows balance cannot be summed up by numbers alone.

For me it's not the general of mathematical analysis, but conditional factors regarding my 3 areas as I stated earlier: Builds of items, team comp, and match statistics.
I am not going to answer to that person because that is as good as talking to a wall: pointless. But no, it is not, and that is the problem - you guys keep mixing things. Lemme repeat: the fact people don't know how to use a tool is not a balance problem, is a lack of skill problem. How "hard is it to evade"? Well, without factoring individual player skill, it is very mathematical and simple: Time between initial visual effect and actual activation vs different gods movement speed and how fast could they possibly (keyword here, take note) get the hell out of there. That is the basic balance, before we consider items and effects (though items and effects just create more scenarios with different values for those same variables: the calculation and formula is basically the same, the values are different). From those numbers no one can tell if people will understand how to evade (that COULD be due to game design issues that is not educational enough, it COULD be because they're dumb, COULD be a bit of both), but I can tell from them how easy or how hard it is to evade (or even if it is actually possible, given that the player casting it actually placed the effect in the right place - and if they don't, once again, it is a skill problem, not a balance problem).

Just because there are fruits in a fruit salad, it does not make fruit salad the same thing as a fruit, or makes the fruits which happen to comprise the salad any less individual (and able to be judged separately). You can make a great salad with an apple that is not so good in it, because the combination overall feels good - that doesn't make the apple, individually, any less rotten.

Godkillersatan
02-23-2015, 12:27 AM
Someone needs to buy a dicionary, lol.

Someone needs to learn how to spell "Dictionary". ^>^

PaultheTroll
02-23-2015, 10:06 AM
Gods stronger than Bellona
1. Ymir
2. Nu Wa
3. Baset
4. Apollo
5. Anyone with a stun...

Seriously what kind of stupid logic is this? so its like you telling me that we need to have gods with stun in my team in order to beating her? Woohoo .What if we havent? Looks like i will stay away from smite until they will balance her correctly. The games of this and maybe the next weeks will be hellish with unskilled players getting bellona and winning because of her op and unbalanced skills.
Anyway it looks like you playing only op gods dont you ?

ReCvIeM
02-23-2015, 10:10 AM
pts is down ? i get version mis match

Trubblegum
02-23-2015, 05:01 PM
pts is down ? i get version mis match

PTS is down, but that's not the cause of your version mismatch.
Just means you didn't download the new PTS properly.

GodlySparta
02-23-2015, 06:57 PM
Which god isn't op already? Anyone can be op by build and play style. I usually play as Hel or Mercury nowadays. And I don't have all the gods on that list. :) As for Bellona, she does need a lot of nerfing and I think new players would still have trouble playing as her. For a warrior, she's pretty weak in defense without her passive. I saw this on YouTube without the heal she would die easily. Plus she's melee without an escape. Most other gods have a dash or a defense/ speed boost to help them escape. She only has her ultimate which is a jump but still it's her only way out. Her passive only lasts I remember 4 seconds and her shield bash is too short to escape with so new people will still have some trouble.

Godkillersatan
02-24-2015, 02:03 AM
Seriously what kind of stupid logic is this? so its like you telling me that we need to have gods with stun in my team in order to beating her? Woohoo .What if we havent? Looks like i will stay away from smite until they will balance her correctly. The games of this and maybe the next weeks will be hellish with unskilled players getting bellona and winning because of her op and unbalanced skills.
Anyway it looks like you playing only op gods dont you ?

This +1 ^>^

MDorn
02-24-2015, 07:25 AM

3s is far too long, as for comparison to the Gods you mentioned:
- Bellona - 3 second Disarm (that by the sounds of things is impossible to cleanse or bugged to the point of luck).
- Ymir - 2.25 second 'stun' (cleansed by Beads/Magi's etc)
- Athena - 2 second taunt (cleansed by Beads/Magi's etc)
- Anubis - 2 second stun (cleansed by Beads/Magi's etc)

Her CC is as easy (if not easier) to hit than SWC's 1. disarms for at least the same amount of time as Athena and Anubis' maximum stunt/taunt duration and heals her quite strongly.

Like the pun and will take your counter picks into consideration when she goes live. But, the fact that a Warrior can solo a GF or FG as well as Assassins and Hunters shows that she is broken. Warriors should be able to solo them, but should take longer than Assassins and Hunters.

If she is also able to heal off of towers and Disarm minions then that my friend is pre-nerf Sylvanus type OP on the wave clearing potential.

Boomerangbro
02-24-2015, 10:36 AM
My problem is not bellona, it is with her ability scaling. If she stays this way, I expect for sobek's passive to be buffed. Her passive is sobek's passive, but buffed. I also expect for Isis's ult to be increased in defense. Bellona's ult is basically Isis's ult with a stun and increased damage for the team. While Isis's ult doesn't have a stun and is mostly defensive (which Bellona's ult also offers). I understand her need for stack on the block, but the Ult and passive just seem a bit much. She is pushing out sobek and Isis and maybe athena in some situations. Maybe decrease the scaling so that these gods can come back.

RazgrizF117
02-24-2015, 12:45 PM
Tyr's passive should be updated to include the disarm. The point of the passive is to limit all CC in the game to 1 second.

Trubblegum
02-24-2015, 01:49 PM
Tyr's passive should be updated to include the disarm. The point of the passive is to limit all CC in the game to 1 second.

It doesn't limit all forms of CC.

SolisObscuri
02-24-2015, 03:02 PM
3s is far too long, as for comparison to the Gods you mentioned:
- Bellona - 3 second Disarm (that by the sounds of things is impossible to cleanse or bugged to the point of luck).
- Ymir - 2.25 second 'stun' (cleansed by Beads/Magi's etc)
- Athena - 2 second taunt (cleansed by Beads/Magi's etc)
- Anubis - 2 second stun (cleansed by Beads/Magi's etc)

Her CC is as easy (if not easier) to hit than SWC's 1. disarms for at least the same amount of time as Athena and Anubis' maximum stunt/taunt duration and heals her quite strongly.

As a question, how would you consider a 3s Disarm line-attack ability any different, for example, than the 2s-3s Silence effects that Hades and Chaac can distribute in a much larger AoE? As contrasted to a full stun that locks down all abilities/skills/etc. I would consider both to be weaker effects, since each only restricts the use of either AA or god skills.

MDorn
02-24-2015, 04:02 PM
As a question, how would you consider a 3s Disarm line-attack ability any different, for example, than the 2s-3s Silence effects that Hades and Chaac can distribute in a much larger AoE? As contrasted to a full stun that locks down all abilities/skills/etc. I would consider both to be weaker effects, since each only restricts the use of either AA or god skills.

Hades' silence/fear only lasts for 2 seconds, it can also be countered by Beads or Magis'.
Chaac's 3 second silence lasts for 3 seconds, however that is a silence from an Ultimate, not a standard skill which can also be countered by Beads and Magis'..

Also, Hades' and Chaac's skills do not silence/fear minions. Bellona's Disarm disarms minions which makes them completely pointless.

Spekter
02-24-2015, 04:12 PM
Hades' silence/fear only lasts for 2 seconds, it can also be countered by Beads or Magis'.
Chaac's 3 second silence lasts for 3 second, however that is a silence from an Ultimate, not a standard skill which can be countered by Beads and Magis'..

Also, Hades' and Chaac's skills do not silence/fear minions. Bellona's Disarm disarms minions which makes them completely pointless.

Ymir's stun stuns minions. Athena's...scratch that, literally anyone attacking an opposing god taunts minions. Silencing minions wouldn't affect them anyway as they use basic attacks.

People are overreacting strongly to Disarm because they are comparing it to other CCs that can be used for initiation or lockdown. Disarm cannot even be considered a disable because it doesn't affect abilities or movement in any way - it is purely peel via damage mitigation.

It's a peel strictly. Regard it as such.

GodlySparta
02-24-2015, 06:01 PM
Suggesions for nerfing Bellona:
Reduce the cc duration for the disarm. 2 seconds is enough.
Healing could be reduced a little. Only a little because it's once every 3 hits. It can't heal her up unless she's attacking

McKnightrider
02-24-2015, 06:05 PM
Disarm can be cleansed with beads and Magi's. It just prevents you from auto attacking. It won't affect over 80% of the mages and virtually all physical gods can just use an escape if hit by it. Bellona's dash is half the distance, maybe less than Athena's dash. Even if it was reduced to 2 seconds it's not really going to make a significant impact on kit.

SolisObscuri
02-24-2015, 08:29 PM
Disarm can be cleansed with beads and Magi's. It just prevents you from auto attacking. It won't affect over 80% of the mages and virtually all physical gods can just use an escape if hit by it. Bellona's dash is half the distance, maybe less than Athena's dash. Even if it was reduced to 2 seconds it's not really going to make a significant impact on kit.
Looking at her overall kit, I'm just not that worried about her 3. The healing rate is about the same as Tyr's guard stance 2. The CC effect only affects AA, nothing else. I think ADCs and assassins will have to be careful around her, but it's not that overwhelming. And frankly, it's nice to see some different CC effects for counterplay besides just bombing in stuns and burst damage.

Her 1 is about what a warrior should have, a strong way to initiate combat. The slow is good, defense stacks are nice but they affect AA only, and it looks like the reflecting of damage is just close-range, so she's still vulnerable to skills and ranged attacks. She's going to have a hard time against a well built Vulcan or Nox or Kuk, though.

Her ult is a nice AoE buff and a small area mini-stun with high damage. It's potentially strong, but it's not going to be easy to hit for damage reliably unless your teammates are doing a good job or laying down CC. And ults being what they are, it's not wrong to be strong. The buff aspect of it seems a bit situational to he fight and your team composition, also, since physical power doesn't mean much to mages or guardians.

If there are two things that concern me, they are

her passive, which seems very strong
the secondary effect of her 2, wherein " Each enemy god hit in the spin increases the damage of the overhand attack by +30%." While I think she's in a vulnerable spot surrounded by enemies, that's potentially a helluva shot scaling up to potentially 150% bonus on the base 310 +60% damage... I think maybe there should be a cap on the number of enemy gods she can get a bonus from, and/or a diminishing return for the number hit, because with some good CDR built (like maybe a Jotunn's and the nice new Spirit Robe) she could potentially be putting out some godawful damage every 5 seconds in a team fight.

GodlySparta
02-24-2015, 09:46 PM
I personally think that 3 seconds is a bit unnecessary. Plus assassin would have an equal chance of killing her before she gets to use her disarm. She is rather vulnerable to damage altogether. First her ultimate is her only escape. The only thing is that she has a ton of cc a little like Ymir. The only difference is that Ymir can completely stun you rather than everything else she has. She is very supportive rather than kill. Maybe tone down the damage and she'll be fine. She is a warrior but she does die easily. Her skills are warrior like but her protections are kinda weak. The only thing that will keep her up is her passive which will only affect 1 battle unless they are consecutive. As long as you don't keep her in battle, she will die easily. Assassin don't really have to worry but ADC may want to beware. You should still keep your distance and try not to let her get close to you. A sprint may help with that. :)

Godkillersatan
02-25-2015, 02:51 AM
Battle Frost Releases soon!!!!

Ryoukeen
02-25-2015, 04:03 AM
Lol I love you guys, the patch is not even live yet, probably most of you didn't try her on PTS, yet u cry she's OP. Scylla also looks op on paper, so do Nemesis and a dozen of other gods, but you know what? There are ways to counter them, and it'll be the same with Bellona... but well
#Cry_Mode_On

EvilDarkDevil
02-25-2015, 05:44 AM
i will say just lalalalalalalalal to much geek here :D AA here BB there CC up oh come on ppl get life realy wow lets jump all from Building new god comes out wohoo smoke some weed chill lol i read all this you are all funy and realy some comments scare me hope i dont play with you never lol... :D
Nothing special in new god Bellona just shape and some powers she isnt op like hell like you all saying and her ulta is realy shit like wepon change but ulta is realy bad to be honest :D
Im more worry for crashing from now again becose i laggg so much in Eu server and it kicks me 2 times at day from game again lose my good will but think dev of Game dont even care for server status they just care $ not wana insult nobody but come on ppl having probelms allways with eu server yestrday my game block and kick me out it not me to blame and i get 0 % good will and 30 min ban from playing becose of server not me so im wondering if i will crash even more now im giving my account away with 40 k favors and 690 gems dont wana play enymore if server crash allways and makers of game dont even care peace all enjoy :) internet speed 200 mps pc in good shape

Trubblegum
02-25-2015, 09:04 AM
Bellona is ridiculously broken, and from the looks of it will be instalocked in every match.
Way to go, HiRez, you have made a second broken-on-release female warrior.
Please for the love of all that is holy don't do it again.

VarenWolf
02-25-2015, 09:37 AM
Well checked the official website and it said the Recommended items for damage are Health pots seems legit and for deffense 3 mana pots you know pretty good build if I do say so. XD

Ninjinoa
02-25-2015, 11:43 AM
my thoughts lately:

hmm. we need a new warrior. a old skool one with sword and shield.possibly a female one...

SMITE PRESENTS YOU!

Bellona: equiped with sword, shield, whip, a giant hammer AND BOOBS!

best patch ever!

Trubblegum
02-25-2015, 12:33 PM
my thoughts lately:

hmm. we need a new warrior. a old skool one with sword and shield.possibly a female one...

SMITE PRESENTS YOU!

Bellona: equiped with sword, shield, whip, a giant hammer AND BOOBS!

best patch ever!
If it don't have boobs, people don't buy it.

GoIdschuss
02-25-2015, 01:12 PM
how long does it take for a golden Hou Yi skin?

I mean it's just a recolor of the model in gold, if I'm not mistaken

TheRongGuy
02-25-2015, 01:58 PM
Bellona is beyond broken. She can 1v1 any basic attack based god with full health, while she has less than 30% health, and win every time. She doesn't need to build any defence, her passive gives her more than enough defence. It's practically impossible to play any basic attack god in casuals now. Thanks HiRez.

Trubblegum
02-25-2015, 02:23 PM
Bellona is beyond broken. She can 1v1 any basic attack based god with full health, while she has less than 30% health, and win every time. She doesn't need to build any defence, her passive gives her more than enough defence. It's practically impossible to play any basic attack god in casuals now. Thanks HiRez.

This so much.
Dear god, NERF THAT GODDAMNED DISARM, FOR FUCKS SAKE!

Trubblegum
02-25-2015, 02:24 PM
how long does it take for a golden Hou Yi skin?

I mean it's just a recolor of the model in gold, if I'm not mistaken

Gods don't get their golds until two god patches later.
Just be glad he's not like Ao, who had to wait for 2 god patches AND season 2.

MiyobiKumagawa
02-25-2015, 02:31 PM
Why would a AA God try killing her anyways without someone there? She's a counter pick against AA gods.

Why would an ability based god try killing her alone?

On par I have seen one game where she solo'd 3 gods and won. That actually is a consideration that should be noted.

Trubblegum
02-25-2015, 02:36 PM
Why would a AA God try killing her anyways without someone there? She's a counter pick against AA gods.

Why would an ability based god try killing her alone?

On par I have seen one game where she solo'd 3 gods and won. That actually is a consideration that should be noted.
Not even Herc could do that, normally he'd die to 2.
But honestly, the only god who could previously solo any objective without help (not counting FG, which Bellona CAN solo) is Arachne, back when she could stack, what, 8 Broodlings in one spot? She could only do that to the GF, and people fighting her should've been wary of that ability. Old Wa could do the FG solo too, but not at level 3.
Most people think you're NUTS to try and fight the firegiant solo at any point in time, so they wont ward it that soon.

KAKLAW
02-25-2015, 03:23 PM
Well if she hit 3 people with her hammer it gets boosted in damage.

You supposed to lock her down with cc and maintain distance since she is herself an AA god since she scales nicely with tp to wards.
She's not just a AA counterpick (some gods have ways around it) but she is an amazing objective stealer and objective securing by boosting team dps against gf/fg.

Goes great with TP to wards like Hades or Herc.

Makes Odin more obsolete then he already is if that's even possible.

GoIdschuss
02-25-2015, 04:05 PM
Yes she is a duelist and pretty much impossible to kill 1v1...

and how much does this matter in a Teamgame?
Its like fighting other duelists allone..

Trubblegum
02-25-2015, 04:06 PM
Yes she is a duelist and pretty much impossible to kill 1v1...

and how much does this matter in a Teamgame?
Its like fighting other duelists allone..

The only way to kill her is in a 4v1 situation.
That, my friend, is broke AF.

GoIdschuss
02-25-2015, 04:14 PM
The only way to kill her is in a 4v1 situation.
That, my friend, is broke AF.

guess you must have fed her hard.. or forgot your mage

Trubblegum
02-25-2015, 04:24 PM
guess you must have fed her hard.. or forgot your mage
Have you even played her?
She can solo the FG at level 3.
No other god can do that.
I bet she could solo even S1 FG

airth
02-25-2015, 04:26 PM
i'd just like to ask, is hou yi on a vacation? hes not on the god list

GoIdschuss
02-25-2015, 04:35 PM
Have you even played her?
She can solo the FG at level 3.
No other god can do that.
I bet she could solo even S1 FG

I haven't played her in conquest yet but I guess its because they changed FG skills to skillshots right?
Anyway, what kind of items do you need to pull this off? Disarm doesnt work on jungle camps as far as I know

Trubblegum
02-25-2015, 04:37 PM
I haven't played her in conquest yet but I guess its because they changed FG skills to skillshots right?
Anyway, what kind of items do you need to pull this off? Disarm doesnt work on jungle camps as far as I know

Half stacked Devo gloves, one AS item, and you have yourself an unkillable 1v1 machine if she uses Scourge.

RazgrizF117
02-25-2015, 05:31 PM
You people are funny. No matter what hi-rez does the community complains. Let's look at Nox. A majority of the community thought Nox was garbage (not myself I thought she was what she was when she came out op as a counter mage). Hard to hit skill shots no damage the list of complaints goes on. Then the buff happened still "sucks". Then the 2nd buff/nerf before worlds. In the 2 or 3 matches at worlds every one saw the damage Nox can deal. So everyone had to play her mid. Complains that she is op the poke is real. Then the nerf for season 2.

For Nox from release to now she has gotten a buff for every ablity except the 3 which was a deserved nerf ( an extra 100% damage from a 2 3 combo yeah it needed it)

Oh i forgot the whole point of this. Bellon a is a goddess of utility and a lot of it. They can lower the disarm time and stacks on the passive because they know it's op because they tested her op. Hi rez can easily remove some of the utility. If she was underpowered what do they add so she is balanced for live not to be op without the community testing.

Everybody should stop acting like Hi rez committed crime because a god is broken on a test server. Stop crying like babies and just state what to change not call for the heads of the designers.

GoIdschuss
02-25-2015, 05:40 PM
You people are funny. No matter what hi-rez does the community complains.

This.
I've used to play LoL alot and the staff learned that you shouldn't nerf or buff new charakters right after their release because the community needs time to adapt to the champion/god properly.
give it a month or more and if she needs further nerfs we're going to see that.

YohSL
02-26-2015, 04:00 AM
Well, Bellona looks awesome and is a welcome addition to the game. Good job Hi Rez.
Finally we have a female Warrior. Freya doesn't count. She should have been, but she isn't.

But I do feel that I have to correct a misstatement by Scott Zeir when he was discussing her with Bart Koenigsberg in the dev talk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92uLfBuCB4c).
When he said that Hi Rez have "filled that niche" when referring to female Warriors. (and possible Roman Warriors)

I respectfully disagree, you haven't filled that niche, you've only just began.
Look at the list again. You have 9 warriors, 1 female, and 8 male. That niche is no where near filled in.
It shouldn't even be a niche, you should want to strive for equal representation, or as close as you can reasonably get. (mythology and all)

Bellona should only be considered the first step, you've still got a lot of work ahead of you. 3 or 4 more female Warriors should do it.... in addition to about as many female Guardians and a couple more female Hunters.
Make no mistake, you still have a problem with female representation. It's just gotten a little better with Bellona being added.

So be a dear and don't get complacent or rest on your laurels. It'll continue to be a problem until you take a concentrated effort to solve it, and that will take time and effort. But this is a good sign and step in that direction, and I couldn't be happier.:)

MashSwits
02-27-2015, 06:23 AM
Hmm...This patch is pretty cool, but i'm going **** this because he don't let me to log in (in game)...he don't want to write the username and password!
What i can do to fix this problem?

bibliotica
02-28-2015, 02:11 AM
the new patch notes are really bad. like the new entering a match things sucks. its lags so much that it takes a few seconds to send a message.

Zephrynium
02-28-2015, 08:04 AM
Having played as or against Bellona quite a bit (she's in every match) so far, here are my thoughts:

I like her. I really do. I think that she's a bit much, but just a bit. I think that fights between two Bellona players are a complete mess, but that's the case with any god. The big problem I see is her ridiculous levels of sustain. She's almost always camped in solo lane for the first half of the match to keep her behind, because if she gets ahead (or even stays on par), then she's VERY hard to kill. The big reasons for that are twofold: Her 1 & her 3. Her 2 is honestly a non-issue and I'd almost call standard by comparison. Her 1 is for all practical purposes a get out of jail free card if you see an ultimate coming at you, which isn't necessarily a bad thing on its own. The fact that it's so spammable, though, is a problem.
The same goes for her 3. Having a heal on her basics *feels* like it fits on this particular god. However, it's way too spammable. I almost always max her 3 first, just so I get almost infinite heals. 110 hp every 3 hits as long as I have something to hit just makes Bellona nearly unkillable if she can get into a good jukefest among her minions. As far as the disarm goes, I'm not that up in arms over it. It fills a niche, though the beads issue does need a fix asap. The high cooldown is balance enough for that. By her nature, trying to AA her (even without the disarm) just isn't going to go well. With the heals, you really do need to burst her down, whether that means ganks or a burst mage.

On a related note, two gods I've found do really really well against Bellona: Chang'e and Isis. I would actually have expected Ra to do well, but if initiated against with Bellona's 4, he just gets smashed. He doesn't have the cc, tankiness, or escape to survive much of anything when he gets pounced on. I feel like Agni can smash her, though, especially if he sneaks his ult in from behind or the sides. Any god who can keep their distance and has either immunity or an abundance of their own heals will just keep her subjugated.

Now, for her 1 & 3, they do need a minor nerf. I would suggest taking a page out of xbal's book, and rather than actually nerfing the effects or anything, add a per-AA mana cost for any weapon other than her normal sword. This would prevent her from consta-healing. Her sustain at this point is unmatched, and unchecked. Putting in a mana dependence would likely help in this regard, though I feel that something somewhat more would need to be done. Not quite sure what, but building transcendence shouldn't be a get out of jail free card, either.

TheRongGuy
03-02-2015, 05:06 PM
How to balance Bellona:

Nerf the silence and heal of Scourge slightly. Cut the silence by 0.5 seconds, so that it is 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5. Make the heal either every 4th hit, or cut the amount healed from 30/50/70/90/110 to 30/45/60/75/90. Also make it so that she can't heal off structures. Possibly also change the 1 so that the stacks don't reflect damage, but only absorbs it. With these changes I still think she is relevant and an excellent counter-pick to a basic-attack heavy team comp, but not going to dominate basic-attack based gods quite as much as she is doing now.

as4mo3
03-03-2015, 08:21 AM
How to balance Bellona:

Nerf the silence and heal of Scourge slightly. Cut the silence by 0.5 seconds, so that it is 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5. Make the heal either every 4th hit, or cut the amount healed from 30/50/70/90/110 to 30/45/60/75/90. Also make it so that she can't heal off structures. Possibly also change the 1 so that the stacks don't reflect damage, but only absorbs it. With these changes I still think she is relevant and an excellent counter-pick to a basic-attack heavy team comp, but not going to dominate basic-attack based gods quite as much as she is doing now.

I think the structure healing is a bug. It'll probably me removed in the near future.

McKnightrider
03-04-2015, 11:32 AM
You can't heal off structures, that was removed a LONG time ago.

G0DSL3FTH4ND
03-06-2015, 10:09 PM
Played a lot of game with a Bellona in team and against. I don't even want to discuss, but I bet she will meet the nerf bat soon.

Trubblegum
03-09-2015, 08:26 PM
OMG GUYS
BELLONA CAN BE BEAT
http://i.imgur.com/G7F1Asx.png

Gromun
03-10-2015, 02:46 PM
why everyone talkking abou nrf her cc? u see problem only in her disarm lol? need nerf everything not only heal and disarm, neeed nerf passive, need nerf dmg scaling from 2 aboility, need nerf passive from 1st skill. she has disarm, heal, stun, slow, aoe power buff, self movespd buff, self protection buff, epic dmg scaling, 1 dash, 1 leap, 2 stance of attack( close combat and semiclose) n u talking only about disarm LOL!

Cooldar
03-10-2015, 04:01 PM
After playing versus the new goddess, I think is god for useless players. You don't need know play smite, you can pick this god and win the game while your team see as you play. It´s incredible that one god be able to go under tower and kill two gods and after destroy the tower without get damage.
It's impossible fight against she, she can recover life more fast than damage you do. If you have lifesteal and attack velocity you are immortal.
The hammer can kill two gods of an impact. You can use the ulti and use and use without think, 40 sec of recharge.