PDA

View Full Version : Golden Bow Suggestion (Viability)

ArtMatters
02-15-2015, 11:54 AM
With the recent changes to the Conquest map, I can see this item being very viable, however it currently does not meet the ideal stats for a duo lane Hunter to utilize effectively.

Firstly, I would suggest one of these options:

Decreasing the base power of 'Throwing Dagger' from 22 to 15. Adding 5% attack speed.
Decreasing the base power of 'Throwing Dagger' from 22 to 20. Decreasing the critical chance from 7% to 5%. Adding 5% attack speed.
Decreasing the base power of 'Throwing Dagger' from 22 to 10. Adding 10% attack speed.*(Least Suggested)

Secondly, I would like to suggest the 'Golden Bow' item to have its movement speed stricken from it in replace of attack speed.
These are my ideal options:

Remove all movement speed from 'Golden Bow'. Add 15% attack speed. Raise final item cost from 2300 to 2400-2450(debate of cost efficiency).
Remove all movement speed from 'Golden Bow'. Add 10% attack speed. Raise final item cost from 2300 to 2350-2400(debate of cost efficiency).

Please leave feedback, and ask your friends on their opinion!

crippler38
02-16-2015, 10:36 AM
I like golden bow how it is right now, a niche item, so I disagree since it would remove the movespeed which is helpful for moving (duh) and the lowered damage for attack speed well, we have attack speed boots already so anyone who wants attack speed can get that, we have enough attack speed options in my opinion

Personally, I would prefer, if you have to change it, if the price would go down a touch, I know it's cheap already but who's going to buy it other than people with aoe auto attacks (merc, vamana) who get it for the movespeed anyway (vamana is debatable) or artemis, even with these changes

KingScuba
02-16-2015, 11:55 AM
i enjoy golden bow being a nice niche item, thank you.

McKnightrider
02-18-2015, 03:22 PM
Increase the price, its to cheap. You can start off with this item and do AOE damage to minions and clear faster than any other god.

Trubblegum
02-18-2015, 03:26 PM
Mercury hates this thread.

AlexError
02-21-2015, 01:54 PM
Cleave as a mechanic in other MOBAs is mainly used for farming quickly. As Smite has a very quick farming stage, whilst the Golden Bow is worth the price of a full item, it is difficult to find a god who can utilise the GB to its highest effectiveness.

Essentially, you need to design a god around cleave, like Ember Spirit in DotA2, or Mercury in Smite. I fear that is the only mechanic you can design which works with cleave.

Then you also run into the problem of Smite being very CC light (yes, it is relatively low); you're not going to find many situations where gods clump together, allowing you to cleave them all. Two solutions to this: make the AoE larger (not ideal), make the stats on the GB better (takes away from the purpose of the item) or make the GB cheaper (could then be overpowered for hunter clear).

TrueBliss
02-21-2015, 10:58 PM
Cleave as a mechanic in other MOBAs is mainly used for farming quickly. As Smite has a very quick farming stage, whilst the Golden Bow is worth the price of a full item, it is difficult to find a god who can utilise the GB to its highest effectiveness.

Essentially, you need to design a god around cleave, like Ember Spirit in DotA2, or Mercury in Smite. I fear that is the only mechanic you can design which works with cleave.

Then you also run into the problem of Smite being very CC light (yes, it is relatively low); you're not going to find many situations where gods clump together, allowing you to cleave them all. Two solutions to this: make the AoE larger (not ideal), make the stats on the GB better (takes away from the purpose of the item) or make the GB cheaper (could then be overpowered for hunter clear).
any god with a skill that adds to it base stats like artemis adds attack speed allowing you 1 less item pop this and a hf you can move around like a fkin demon and wave clear without using skills
this item + fbh + hf = perfect kite build
rama and these 2 with a beaststick and either quinns or execute you get to supress 5 tanks in 1 go like holy crap every seen this comboed with either hades ult or cabr or pos no one escapes unless they conterbuild but even if they have wing or sprint they have to deal with your aoe YOUR FRIGGIN AOE criticals
800 crit and 400 aoe dmg YES FKIN PLEASE!
this item allows for some seriousness in a team fight instead of adcs having to pick 1 target

never change this item please. Please!
puh puh PLEASE!

oh and they never group up you say? WTF GAME U PLAY IN? CAN I PLAY IN IT TOO? I LIKE TO PICK PEOPLE OFF! WHAT GAME?!?!?!?!

AlexError
02-22-2015, 08:22 AM
any god with a skill that adds to it base stats like artemis adds attack speed allowing you 1 less item pop this and a hf you can move around like a fkin demon and wave clear without using skills
this item + fbh + hf = perfect kite build
rama and these 2 with a beaststick and either quinns or execute you get to supress 5 tanks in 1 go like holy crap every seen this comboed with either hades ult or cabr or pos no one escapes unless they conterbuild but even if they have wing or sprint they have to deal with your aoe YOUR FRIGGIN AOE criticals
800 crit and 400 aoe dmg YES FKIN PLEASE!
this item allows for some seriousness in a team fight instead of adcs having to pick 1 target

never change this item please. Please!
puh puh PLEASE!

oh and they never group up you say? WTF GAME U PLAY IN? CAN I PLAY IN IT TOO? I LIKE TO PICK PEOPLE OFF! WHAT GAME?!?!?!?!

The radius on the Golden Bow is 15 ft, and the refract damage is 50%. No one ever clusters to within 15 ft for more than 2 basic attacks, and the reflect damage is not enough to make a significant increase of damage. Stats are quite poor as well.

As wave clear, in the time you acquire over 2300 gold to spend on an item, you should be able to clear quite easily without the Golden Bow.

Cyrillic
02-22-2015, 06:51 PM
Mercury hates this thread.

Damn right.

In all seriousness, I agree that it could be more viable but disagree with the suggestion. The current Golden Bow is pretty unviable other than using it on Mercury, which is why I think it needs a minor buff. Decrease the price by 200 at best, lower the base physical power to 30 and throwing dagger to 20, increase the crit chance to 15% and maybe even increase the range of the proc. Attack speed on this item, to me, doesn't really fit with the whole crit tree (unless we're talking about Smite in Beta, dat rage tho). I'd rather make it a viable crit item and not an item you pick up for very minimal attack speed and crit (seriously, I highly doubt that att speed would make it more usable, but this is just theorycrafting).

TrueBliss
02-23-2015, 03:55 AM
The radius on the Golden Bow is 15 ft, and the refract damage is 50%. No one ever clusters to within 15 ft for more than 2 basic attacks, and the reflect damage is not enough to make a significant increase of damage. Stats are quite poor as well.

As wave clear, in the time you acquire over 2300 gold to spend on an item, you should be able to clear quite easily without the Golden Bow.

no duh the point of it is to save ur skills for gods and use this for wave clear and movement speed crit and yes they fkin do cluster within 15ft even if its 2/5 your hitting thats more than you would have hit without it PLUS people constantly get trapped by minions when in a team fight before the minions are all dead some one on the team is usually dead this eliminates that for the adc
do the math your damage +50% to multiple targets if you cant figure this out good luck to ya with your build LOL!

AlexError
02-23-2015, 09:48 AM
no duh the point of it is to save ur skills for gods and use this for wave clear and movement speed crit and yes they fkin do cluster within 15ft even if its 2/5 your hitting thats more than you would have hit without it PLUS people constantly get trapped by minions when in a team fight before the minions are all dead some one on the team is usually dead this eliminates that for the adc
do the math your damage +50% to multiple targets if you cant figure this out good luck to ya with your build LOL!

Odysseus' Bow is always better for wave clear than the Golden Bow is. The movement speed and critical hit chance on the Golden Bow is so low, it is almost negligible. No one clusters within 15 ft - to give you an idea of how small that is, that is about the width of the ranged minions when they stop.

crippler38
02-24-2015, 10:29 AM
Odysseus' Bow is always better for wave clear than the Golden Bow is. The movement speed and critical hit chance on the Golden Bow is so low, it is almost negligible. No one clusters within 15 ft - to give you an idea of how small that is, that is about the width of the ranged minions when they stop.

they would if ares got a hold of them :D

CaptainDoomsday
04-06-2015, 09:07 PM
I love the Golden Bow exactly where it is. It offers a unique combination of things nothing else does, and is one of the increasingly scarce sources of Movespeed.