PDA

View Full Version : Aegis, fix it please.

Arcfaelen
02-11-2015, 08:37 PM
I swear i don't know where this post is supposed to go, so here it is until someone moves it. PLEASE FIX AEGIS. I was just in a game against loki, anbuis, and geb. there was literally nothing we could do even with beads magis, and aegis. thats because hirez got rid of the ability to use it while under cc which is stupid. there is no point, that just got rid of any way to counter play loki or anubis with their ridiculous abilities. I am in a party with a game designer, and a game reviewer, both of them say that this was a huge mistake. Ok, so i know this is the first day of the patch, but still, please look at this and consider it in say a day or two.

KingScuba
02-11-2015, 08:49 PM
ive moved this to the feedback forums.

airth
02-11-2015, 11:07 PM
i agree with it being broken, loki is the most common one it is used against and now there is no way to counter his ult, because after he ults you you cant escape, he stuns then his next hit (for the majority who gets hydras) will 2 shot you. and even without loki, whats the point of standstill aegis if you cant use it when ccd. walking aegis is kind of a better choice now.

ImAeternalis
02-11-2015, 11:22 PM
The change to aegis was seriously the most idiotic thing hirez could have done.

Not only is the game horridly unbalanced, this makes several gods extremely overpowered. Loki is now 100% uncounterable. This even makes apollo more broken than he already is.

airth
02-12-2015, 12:20 AM
walking can still counter apolo, and athenas taunt can sortof stop loki. but theres also ne zhas ult, ares, nox, and a bunch of others that are hard to counter now without the cc ability of standstill, you could allways try to time it before hand, but as I said before, walking aegis is now better, unless you have a team fight going on.

crippler38
02-12-2015, 11:13 AM
the standstill still makes you immune to cc AFTER you turn it on right? it also keeps the damage reduction unlike the walking aegis

Arcfaelen
02-12-2015, 01:05 PM
the standstill still makes you immune to cc AFTER you turn it on right? it also keeps the damage reduction unlike the walking aegis

supposedly, but ive used it before a neza, and he still carried me into the air
sometimes it dosent work anyways

RyuSenshi
02-13-2015, 11:06 PM
Please revert the change to Greater Aegis.

I understand the logic on why you did it, to give a choice between being able to move, but no damage mitigation afterwards or unable to move, but with damage mitigation. However, I am sure most people could care less about that and used it only because it can be used under hard CC (Barring Knockups/knockbacks). With the game having so much burst, it is almost a necessity.

re1wind
03-06-2015, 10:58 AM
Wow...just, wow.

I am impressed, Hi-Rez, impressed and disgusted that this is how you chose to fix greater aegis not being usable during all forms of crowd-control (knock-ups immune to greater aegis).

For reference, years ago during the "focus" patch, all kinds of crowd control was subject to a new variable, called "focus". It affected the duration and strength of crowd control, including knockback. It was possible years ago, it should still be possible. Except... hi-rez is notorious for being lazy, implementing foolish and dumb ideas, and releasing over-powered things only to nerf them after a month. See:Tribes.

Maybe hi-rez just wants people to use Shield of the Underworld more.

EmmaMye
03-07-2015, 06:37 AM
Change it back, I say!

Fruneiros
03-20-2015, 01:37 PM
Despite the mistake to change its capabilities; I really don't see why people would choose that aegis in the first place now? To choose between immume moving and an immume freeze with just a 20% damage reduction for 4 sec I don't think anybody would choose the damage reduction over free movement. Isn't it the goal to balance out actives within a section? I don't see how you can design this change in the first place without giving the aegis something else of worth.

TenWildAbras
03-20-2015, 01:42 PM
I understand why it was changed.. but now it makes guardians really really desired in combos. A ymir freeze when the enemy team has Pos or vulcan is basically death.

In 1 v 1s, Anubis is completely broken. Even if you do beads, the damage coming through is insane.

re1wind
03-21-2015, 07:35 PM
the only reason not to buy aegis pendant is if there's an ares on the other team.

F6plea
03-31-2015, 10:49 PM
I too feel that the aegis nerf should be reverted. Maybe increase the CD to something like combat blink (which is ridiculous btw)

Enigmatisty
04-09-2015, 04:29 PM
A way to get around this is by going for Magi's Blessing and choosing walking Aegis.
I do this often before I realized how useful freeze Aegis used to be.