PDA

View Full Version : Guides & Gurus Program Announcement

Kaostic
02-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Guides & Gurus

We, as the forum staff, would like to help nurture the community that we currently have, and to help it grow to it’s full potential. We cannot do that without you, so we’ve created the Guides & Gurus program.

What is a Guide?

A Guide is a member of the community who is willing to go out of their way to help other users, both new and old, and assist them with basic questions, gameplay advice and the such. They are seen as custodians of the community and are expected to behave as one.

What is a Guru?

A Guru is a member of the community who has an incredible knowledge of certain aspects in relation to SMITE - a Subject Matter Expert, if you will. They are incredibly knowledgeable in an area such as ADCs, Healers, Conquest, Video Creation, Streaming or Writing. There is a wide variety of different potential spots for Gurus, but this position is top-of-the-top and difficult to attain to.

How do I become a Guide?

Anybody can apply to become a Guide. By clicking here (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16w892b6kmLCHuaRYGaIN81pLEPevVyj_72NUzElIzJ8/viewform), you will be taken to a form that you can fill out to apply for this position. We are not looking to flood the forum with guides, but we will consider every application carefully.

What does being a Guide entail?

If accepted, you will be granted access to a private sub-forum for yourself and other Guides to talk and discuss ideas on how to better the community. Along with this, we expect that you will go above and beyond our expectations in terms of assistance. Guides will be regularly assessed to make sure they are still upholding their position.

To allow new blood into the system without over-saturating it, we are currently putting a three month cap on Guides. After you have ‘served’ three months on the team, you will be replaced by a new Guide. You may still apply again.

How do I become a Guru?

Gurus are individually selected and approached by the forum team and asked if they would be interested in the position. You cannot apply to become a Guru; you just need to prove yourself within the Smite Community.

What does being a Guru entail?

Much like a Guide, Gurus will be given their own sub-forum to discuss with others gurus. You will then be expected to assist community members with questions that they may have concerned Medium-to-High difficulty questions. You will not be expected to answer the basic questions, but you are free to do so, if you so wish.

Currently, we are not looking at removing Gurus from the system overtime, but just adding new ones. Your performance as a Guru will be monitored however.

If you have any questions, feel free to leave them below.

Flareb00t
02-01-2015, 05:31 PM
If I had the time I'd probably sign up for this, but at the moment I don't have anything to help people since my studies come first. But this is a fantastic idea, and I encourage anyone with the time and passion to sign up immediately.

TraumaHunter
02-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Cool stuff :3

DD321123
02-01-2015, 10:55 PM
Interesting idea, I may apply.

It seems like a good system.

Lordwhizzkid
02-02-2015, 07:08 AM
Sounds awesome, I'll certainly try and be more active on here, it's very difficult to get on mainly because half the time you can never stay logged in :L But certainly will do more than I have been <3

Kaostic
02-02-2015, 07:38 AM
Sounds awesome, I'll certainly try and be more active on here, it's very difficult to get on mainly because half the time you can never stay logged in :L But certainly will do more than I have been <3

Yeah, this isn't something that I can change, I don't think. It's to do with the single-login system that connects both your game and your forum account. It isn't TOO bad, just clicking Login though ;D.

HiRezMartini
02-02-2015, 07:58 AM

We'd love to have you!

McKnightrider
02-02-2015, 12:56 PM
Does a guide/guru get any reward for their time by chance?

Kaostic
02-02-2015, 01:00 PM
Does a guide/guru get any reward for their time by chance?

Undecided.

Trubblegum
02-02-2015, 04:11 PM
I'd love to be a guide.
I've had people say I should be a moderator, but I don't have the time for something like that, but a guide sounds just right!

Kaostic
02-02-2015, 04:15 PM
Cleaned up the posts in here.

Dezere
02-02-2015, 04:56 PM
Lovely idea, sadly i'm not good enough to sign up for a guide, but hey, good luck to anyone who is!

Trubblegum
02-02-2015, 06:00 PM
Wait, when will the guides be chosen?

Boatmurdered
02-02-2015, 11:16 PM
I look forward to seeing the new guides, and guru's although I confess I thought we were going to submit guides that would be featured for people looking at how to play certain gods. Still now that I understand what you meant I look forward to seeing how it works out for the forum as a whole.

LordFaustXIII
02-03-2015, 12:05 AM
This seems like an interesting system. Plus, I'm all for anything and everything that attempts to better the community.

Kaostic
02-03-2015, 04:53 AM
Wait, when will the guides be chosen?

I'm going to start rolling out invites this week.

Dammu
02-03-2015, 11:02 AM
I so want to be a Guru of something, but... I'm no expert at anything. :(

ExtremelyCasual
02-03-2015, 06:42 PM
*Quietly debates signing up as Support Guru but knows she is not Incon*

RainbowSplat
02-04-2015, 08:23 AM
what do you exactly do as guide?

Kaostic
02-04-2015, 08:26 AM
what do you exactly do as guide?

A Guide is a member of the community who is willing to go out of their way to help other users, both new and old, and assist them with basic questions, gameplay advice and the such.

They are here to help users on the forums with questions and generally promote the community.

RainbowSplat
02-04-2015, 08:28 AM
They are here to help users on the forums with questions and generally promote the community.

isnt thats what everyone here do? whenever somone asks for tips and builds or anything there is usualy somone who answer on it just wondering i tho u would need make an guides or something

MiyobiKumagawa
02-04-2015, 08:29 AM
isnt thats what everyone here do? whenever somone asks for tips and builds or anything there is usualy somone who answer on it just wondering i tho u would need make an guides or something

It's more of a helpful terms of a team that will help new players at any available time.

New or current, some general system like a tutor I believe.

Kaostic
02-04-2015, 08:30 AM

Yes, that is generally what a forum is for. The Guide is just a user that can be relied upon for answers. We don't want to deter from "regular" users posting assistance, but they're just there to help that bit more.

Along with this, it's a way of rewarding users that do help out on regular basis.

Kaostic
05-11-2015, 06:00 PM
Unfortunately I've pulled the plug on the Guides program. I didn't have the time to give it the necessary care and attention so it somewhat flopped.

Trubblegum
05-13-2015, 02:54 PM
Aww, I wanted to be a guide :c

VarenWolf
05-14-2015, 11:05 AM
Its like come on get with the program Kaostic XD