PDA

View Full Version : Please allow outside images for avatars

pieface
03-20-2014, 08:00 PM
I don't want to be limited by these ones, can we please have some to express ourselves?

dafinch
03-20-2014, 08:02 PM
You forgot Signatures aswell

Nyxxie
03-20-2014, 08:09 PM
This isn't Off Topic. Try posting in the Forum and Community feedback thread here (http://forums.smitegame.com/forumdisplay.php?24-Forum-and-Community-Feedback). (:

LordAvalen
03-20-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm just waiting for Mercury

Lefargon
03-20-2014, 08:11 PM
For future reference this type of thread would go better in the Forum and Community Feedback subforum.

As for custom avatars I don't see any reason for them not to implement it honestly. At first I thought it was to prevent users from posting nsfw content but allowing embedded images kinda rules that out.

StrikeMagic
03-20-2014, 11:55 PM
I don't think they would let us upload custom avatars...

Djaff
03-21-2014, 12:30 PM
The problem with allowing customs avatars, is that it would mean they would have to spent time moderating that.
What is allowed, what is not allowed, what do you do if someone uses an avatar that is against the rules? do you ban? force them to change? if you force them to change, what happens if they pick another against the rules?
Sure it is not a big thing, however it is more work, for something that is not really needed.
And sure, as nice as it would be to have custom avatars, do they really add a lot of value?

baddwolf
03-22-2014, 02:14 PM
The problem with allowing customs avatars, is that it would mean they would have to spent time moderating that.
What is allowed, what is not allowed, what do you do if someone uses an avatar that is against the rules? do you ban? force them to change? if you force them to change, what happens if they pick another against the rules?
Sure it is not a big thing, however it is more work, for something that is not really needed.
And sure, as nice as it would be to have custom avatars, do they really add a lot of value?

On top of that, with limiting avatars to a preset ones will help forum stay more responsive and quick, less loading is always good. I also agree that they do not add too much value.