PDA

View Full Version : Give-a-ways and other free junk stuff thing lets see how long I can make a title befo

BraidMyButtHair
01-07-2015, 10:17 AM
Well, that title was anti-climatic. Whatever.

If I post some give-a-way in smite discussion, will any of you take it down? It has nothing to do with Smite and it's just me buying games and giving them out randomly whenever I feel like it.

Smite Discussion gets the most traffic and more "variety". If I posted in off-topic, the chances of the same few people getting them are. . .yeah. Not too many winners. Just the same few again and again.

What I'm giving away: Games for steam mostly. Whenever I feel like it, I'll just go to humble bundle or something or steam sale and pick something up that looks great. I'll just make some thread that's like, "Hey, free shit if you're fast enough."

Why? because I initially planned on doing something like this during the week of Christmas except with games and gems (not both. one or the other.), but do to unforeseen circumstances of certain events I could not.

What kinda games? The one with pixels and color.

Here's a dog with a cracker on it's head.

http://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2015/01/07/Scared_dog_4.gif

Edit: By the way I ask here because I figured all mods would go here and I don't have to message each of you the same thing over again. I also don't know how many mods there are and I really don't keep track of your names.

I'm also incredibly lazy.

Dmantakae
01-07-2015, 10:25 AM
Start posting in the Off-topic section, if it doesn't work out then shoot me a message and we'll work something out.

BraidMyButtHair
01-07-2015, 03:11 PM
That's what I figured what I should do; however, the off-topic section only really peaks with 13 viewers. The viewers are also stagnant. Sure, there are different people, but the majority I see there are mostly the same people. Asurai for example. So in my mind, it's just going to be the same people that frequent off-topic winning over and over. There are more people that frequent Smite Discussion, but it's more varied and you see a lot more people.

Since it's a somewhat short thing and first come first serve, I just figured that once someone claims it the thread will fall into oblivion. And with the 200ish people always viewing discussion the thread will die relatively quickly and not clutter the front page. This is also whenever I feel like it, not a once a day thing.

The one way I thought of to gift free shit is with Ewana. He's the guy that does the little "forum competition" crap. The winner can get a free game. While that's alright, I feel as if I don't want to commitment to it. As I said, this is whenever I feel like it. Also, I'm going to have to talk to him and work things out and I'm just lazy.

as4mo3
01-07-2015, 06:46 PM
Maybe everyone could make a wish list. That way you're not just giving out random games.

I want the Reaper of Souls expansion for Diablo 3.

BraidMyButtHair
01-07-2015, 07:34 PM
Yeah? I wish I had a cute boy with long light blonde hair and a shy personality. We don't always get what we wish for.

While that's a good idea to others, it's a horrendous idea on my end. These random gifts are exactly that, random gifts. I don't want to just say, "Hey, what do you guys want and I might get it." because it sets up kind of a false hope that I will get it for them. While I never actually said that I WILL get it for them, I will feel like I have to. It's easier for me to just pick up something, for example Far Cry 4, and just dump it on someone. Know what I mean now?

Not trying to be a dick, it's a nice idea. It really is. In my shoes and the type of person I am, it is not. If I had the finance, yeah, I would definitely do that though.

Diablo is poo.

KingScuba
01-07-2015, 08:40 PM
I'd just put up a topic stating "Free XXXX Raffle." Rule of 1 post a person, you can't win more than once every 3 or 4 times, then use random.org to select the post who gets the win. That's fair to all.

BraidMyButtHair
01-07-2015, 10:43 PM
That would be better and the more organized way. As I said earlier, I am quite lazy. The main thing is if I can throw it in Smite Discussion instead of Off-Topic. Still waiting for an answer. If not, to make it Smtie related I guess I could come up with some question on the fly.

as4mo3
01-08-2015, 12:57 AM
What FatScuba said is the fairest of all, IMO.

DIABLO IS AWESOME

BraidMyButtHair
01-08-2015, 01:08 AM
Breh.

I'm also incredibly lazy.

and I'm just lazy.

As I said earlier, I am quite lazy.

I thought I was quite clear. Even so, a raffle doesn't really have anything to do with Smite. If you can think of some way to integrate a raffle with a random game into Smite, that would be nifty.