PDA

View Full Version : Neith

EvilBirdie
01-03-2015, 12:15 PM
what's the skill level up order? And a suggested build? Please? I want to do this right instead of hearing "What are you building? What's wrong with you?". Please help!

NimhAki
01-03-2015, 01:30 PM
I know a very good Neith player who can probably help you out. Add KingSaith in game, he's a Diamond Neith.

But I will suggest transendence is more important than the dev gauntlet. Yeah the gauntlet is good for life steal but if you build tran, you can stay out in the game more and have to return less. Also is best to build Neith as just an overall.. TRUCK. I've seen Saith build to just hit hard and it works, but it's all about what is comfortable to you. ^^

KingSaith
01-03-2015, 02:21 PM
My personal advice is to level your 1 and your ult with the highest priority, followed by your 2, then 3.

As for your build. I almost always start with Death's Tole and the first part of Transendence. Finish Transendence, then get Warrior Tabby and Jotunns Wrath. Then I always examine the team and have to think. "How much defense does the enemy team have and how much pen will I need?"
For doing pen damage I usually get my last 3 items (replacing Death's Tole obviously) Asi, Quin Sais, Executioner. As for a team with more squishy mages and assasins, I get Rage, Deathbringer, Malice. Malice is amazing for Neith on a crit build since the 75% phys power DOT can kill people after the last shot hits them, after they escape.

I'm in no way saying this is the best way to play Neith or build her, but this is what worked for me getting to mastery 10 with a healthy 2.3k kills and 2.4k assists (rough estimate, I don't have my player card in front of me)

Trilith
01-16-2015, 06:17 AM
no no no no no and no.
dear god no.
neith is a mixture of run and a mixture of trap. when backed into a corner, neith can blackflip out of harms way, but in truth this isn't an escape, its a play maker.. at that point you hit your stun (1), and suddenly everyone either has to pop their beads or they are in serious trouble. neith can clean up the enemy quickly, and while it is true she's made of paper, concentrating on CHANGING this will only screw you in late game, where neith is the weakest. your best chance is to concentrate on speed and criticals, and get something that might keep you alive. if that doesn't work, there's NO point in trying to build hp because by that time you'll already be beyond a simple 1k extra. it wont help, they'll have crits, piercing such as titans bane, etc. concentrate on neiths STRENGTHS. she has an escape that leads into a trap, so use it to your advantage. you wouldn't believe how many times i've caught the entire team with my backflip/stun combo. if you're in that posistion you need dps, NOT health. the cooldown time on backflip isn't too harsh, so i suggest concentrating on the most damage you can do coupled with a leech or if you're really adventurous, armor and health. but i dont do armor and health, i do crit and attack speed.
getting jotuuns, transcendence, etc, is all WRONG. if you want your neith to do damage, go crits. get qins sais, get executioner, get rage and get deathbringer. jotuuns is pointless early game neith, completely pointless.

i will say here this is my opinion, and there is no such thing as a wrong build, just the wrong situation for a build.

keep that in mind.

PrinceRaven
01-16-2015, 07:03 AM
Skill priority: First level Spirit Arrow, this is your primary wave clear, CC and damage ability, then pick up Back Flip at level 2, another rank of Spirit Arrow at level 3, Unravel at level 4, and World Weaver at level 5. From there you should focus on maxing your Spirit Arrow first, then Unravel, then Back Flip, putting points into World Weaver whenever possible. For the first 4 or so minutes of the game you can use Back Flip to place a broken weave in front of a minion wave, then fire Spirit Arrow through the wave into the weave to detonate it. This will give you better early wave clear than nearly any opponent you're likely to face. After that it's better to conserve Back Flip to use as an escape.

There are 2 builds I like to use on Neith. My go-to build is Death's Toll > Devourer's Gauntlet, Warrior Tabi > Qin's Sais* > Asi > Titan's Bane > Brawler's Beat Stick (Brawler's can be build earlier if anti-healing is particularly useful). With this build her abilities do tremendous damage, she can shred even the tankiest of targets, and along with Unravel she can box the enemy Hunter quite effectively.
The second build is the same for the first 4 items (including Death's Toll), but then goes into Executioner > Rage > Titan's Bane. This build has less boxing power and ability damage compared to the first build, and is more expensive, but it has much higher damage output, particularly against squishier targets. I like to build this when the enemy team is squishier than usual.

*I'll often sell Death's Toll when completing Qin's Sais.

AirJordan73
01-16-2015, 01:41 PM
I've been playing Neith for a while, and started messing around with builds for her yesterday (sadly she can't be built Mage anymore :( )

Anyways I've found that the standard add build works for the first couple items

Deaths Toll> Dev Gloves > Warrior Tabi> Qin Sai's> Asi> deathbringer> Titans Bane (selling Deaths Toll)

Now before everyone and their mother starts complaining let me explain why.

Deaths Toll: pretty explanatory, hp/mana sustain early plus it gives hp and phy power

Dev. Gloves: life steal and phys. Power=more boxing potential which for a hunter is priority, plus life steal is one of the most broken stats in the game

Warrior Tabi: Penetration. Enough said. 15 penetration means more damage to EVERYTHING, structures and objectives included

Qin Sais: More Penetration, attack speed, and the passive which basically says "oh you've got 3k hp. I'm a hunter and hold left click. Take extra dmg based on your current hp"

Asi: Lifesteal, Penetration, attack speed, and the nice passive. No reason to not build this item

Deathbringer: Crits galore even with just this item, plus it's passive is AMAZING. MORE CRITS= double dmg = faster kill

Titans Bane: Penetration. More dmg to structures, objectives, and tanks. And it burns through squishes like a hot knife through butter.

I see a lot of people build transcendence on her, and honestly it's not needed. her kit relies on her weaves, and her weaves literally are made for boxing. Trap someone on a weave, detonate it, hold left click. Win most fights. I only use transcendance on AMC (terrible mana sustain) Ullr (please his dmg is nuts. Stun, then switch to bow, then bladed arrow. Easy 800 dmg there with full build)

Bluebullblob
01-16-2015, 03:44 PM
I've been playing Neith for a while, and started messing around with builds for her yesterday (sadly she can't be built Mage anymore :( )

Anyways I've found that the standard add build works for the first couple items

Deaths Toll> Dev Gloves > Warrior Tabi> Qin Sai's> Asi> deathbringer> Titans Bane (selling Deaths Toll)

Now before everyone and their mother starts complaining let me explain why.

Deaths Toll: pretty explanatory, hp/mana sustain early plus it gives hp and phy power

Dev. Gloves: life steal and phys. Power=more boxing potential which for a hunter is priority, plus life steal is one of the most broken stats in the game

Warrior Tabi: Penetration. Enough said. 15 penetration means more damage to EVERYTHING, structures and objectives included

Qin Sais: More Penetration, attack speed, and the passive which basically says "oh you've got 3k hp. I'm a hunter and hold left click. Take extra dmg based on your current hp"

Asi: Lifesteal, Penetration, attack speed, and the nice passive. No reason to not build this item

Deathbringer: Crits galore even with just this item, plus it's passive is AMAZING. MORE CRITS= double dmg = faster kill

Titans Bane: Penetration. More dmg to structures, objectives, and tanks. And it burns through squishes like a hot knife through butter.

I see a lot of people build transcendence on her, and honestly it's not needed. her kit relies on her weaves, and her weaves literally are made for boxing. Trap someone on a weave, detonate it, hold left click. Win most fights. I only use transcendance on AMC (terrible mana sustain) Ullr (please his dmg is nuts. Stun, then switch to bow, then bladed arrow. Easy 800 dmg there with full build)

Basically the meta in tournaments if you're not going for the unicorn build. Transcendence is not worth it in conquest, as you will have the mana buff most of the time.

PrinceRaven
01-17-2015, 06:13 AM
If you're going with a single crit item build Rage over Deathbringer on any Hunter except Artemis, you're spending extra gold for decreased damage output. Here's a post I made running the maths of Deathbringer vs Rage for a similar build (with Executioner over Asi and on Apollo): http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/2skb19/conquest_101_the_hunter_builds_in_a_nutshell/cnqhcu3