PDA

View Full Version : New Player. Any Advice?

Zer0Viru5
01-02-2015, 12:48 AM
Hey all. Just downloaded the game and played around a little today. Just curious on how the meta goes. I played Conquest (I think...the 5v5 with 3 lanes and the jungle) and wasn't too sure on what I was doing. I play League of Legends so I am familiar with MOBAs and how they work. Just don't know this games specific meta. Obviously if there is a jungler, they jungle...but what lane is favored for the Tank? Or the ADC/Support combo? Or even Assassins? Can someone gimme the breakdown a bit? Appreciate it! Any advice will be awesome!

Grilleds
01-02-2015, 02:27 AM
From what I understand the meta is this for conquest:

Long lane is a tank and an ADC. A support mage could work too, but a tank is usually preferred. Similiar to LoL, but with tanks being a more common support than mages (it's the opposite in LoL). Neith + Ymir would be the starter picks for this lane.

Short lane is basically top lane from LoL. With the same level of diversity that goes with it. In theory Guan Yu would be the starter pick for this position. In practice he's usually picked as a support in my experience though.

Junglers are usually assassins, but a few other characters can do it reasonably well. Thor would be the starter pick here.

Mid lane is almost exactly the same as mid from LoL. Generally a mage there, but a few other characters can manage it. Ra would be the starter pick for this lane.

I barely play conquest, so I could be slightly off. But that's how I see it.

KingScuba
01-02-2015, 10:41 PM
moved to advice