PDA

View Full Version : Mechanically Challenged

Kobbee476
01-01-2015, 07:32 AM
I have a lot of questions about all kinds of things in this game, but in this thread I want to specifically know how to I guess increase mechanics. I don't think it's an overtly god-related problem, but what I mean is this. I played a game as Ao Kuang because he's free right now, and for the life of me I could hardly kill people. I think I finished the game 6/10/11 which isn't AWFUL, but it's not good considering I started the game 3/0.

So here's my problem. Ao Kuang is very basic attack oriented, and that's one of the biggest things that drives me crazy in this game. I would pop my stealth, activate my 2, get really close to the enemy, and start hacking away, but I would always miss somehow. If they were standing in their minions, I'd get caught in the minions and all the little dragon things would hit the minions. I face the same problems on most of the assassins I play, like Kali as well. And when I start attacking them, I get the reduced movement speed, so my surprise is gone, and I'm slowed, and they can respond to me, so I end up dying.

Sort of related to this is I can't hit my ultimate with Ao Kuang ever. Like I think I landed one ultimate in the entire game, because the area is so small, and I couldn't ever catch someone in it. I tried messing with the sensitivity of the mouse, and it started at 25. I wasn't sure what was gonna maybe help, so I reduced it to I think it was 18, and that didn't work well because turning was so much slower, so chasing was a little harder. But then when I raised it (starting at 100 and working my way down, finally settling around 30) I was turning too fast and overcompensating when trying to auto attack. Other notable skills that give me issues are Chronos's Q (Time Rift?), Isis's Spirit Ball, Thanatos's Death Scythe, Ymir's Frost Breath, etc. Basically anything with short range, long-ish cast times, small area of effects, stuff like that.

I have a working knowledge of a select few gods (23 mastered to at least level one) and have played all of them, so I have a fair knowledge of gods, it's mostly the execution that's beating me up. Nowhere that I've seen has the answers I'm looking for.

TL:DR- How can I be more accurate with my auto attacks and certain spells, especially when I'm actively engaged in combat? I'm level 30 and want to get into the ranked scene, but I've realized I'm not quite good enough mechanically to be reliable.

Ginnungagap84
01-07-2015, 03:51 PM
Play practice mode Arena. No really! Doing this will allow you to troll the computer, but more importantly it will prep you for the mindset of quickly switching targets (they die fast) and staying in their face/on their tail (they run away constantly). After 2-3 matches, you should start to get the hang of hectic, fast-paced combat.

Mechanics take time to learn, and a lot of it is hand/eye coordination.

I'd also suggest testing the different casting styles until you find one that fits best. For example, I use instant casting on everything I can because I'm impatient and tend to have good body placement during a fight - no need to have my brain compute trajectories on top of that.

Practice, practice, practice!

Trubblegum
01-07-2015, 04:55 PM
He's free?
SAY WHAT?
I'M GONNA HAVE TO DEAL WITH NOOBS RUINING MY NOODLE?
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608013515208068595&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0
Aim where they are going, not where they are at, don't hold down the button, try not to miss.
If you need help keeping up with enemies:
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEs_E3Yh_JEiC5tPWNMkMT3z2-IRybqn5neObFkOEOTAczQ2Wg:hydra-media.cursecdn.com/smite.gamepedia.com/c/c6/HastenedFatalis_T3.png%3Fversion%3D9c3da1a6303d8a4 669078dd2daa8cb51

GroundStorm
01-07-2015, 06:13 PM
also even human players will go back to heal when lose most of their health, so if you use all your distance abilities (and possibly mana) up just getting them low but have no way of finishing them off at that point (as they run away) its a waste. That is what I was doing until I made sure to not use certain abilities until I know I could get the kill - especially with melee only characters. Over time you just kind of learn on instinct what will surely kill someone and what won't