PDA

View Full Version : The Infraction System Explained

Kaostic
12-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Hi everyone,

Some of you by now may have received either infractions or warnings from the moderators. Well, I thought it might be best that I explain this system to you so that you understand it, and it's consequences.

The infraction system allows the moderators to send warnings to users, whilst all other moderators can see the messages sent. This allows us to increase our ability to trace communication in "he said, she said" arguments and make sure that all moderators are adhering to the expectations.

Along with this, it will automatically dish out punishments to users, depending on the infractions that they are receiving. We have infractions setup for every different rule within the Forum's Code of Conduct (http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?5758-Forums-Code-of-Conduct). Each of these rules then have certain point values associated to them. Here's what happens to you, the users:

If a user reaches 10 ACTIVE* points within the infraction system, your usergroup will change from "Registered User" to "Infraction L1". This will change your User Title to "Under Review". Along with this it also restricts certain small additions to the forums for the user.
If a user reaches 30 ACTIVE* points within the infraction system, your usergroup will change from "Registered User" to "Infraction L2". This will change your User Title to "Restricted" and vastly restrict what you can and cannot do within the forums.
If a user reaches 30 ACTIVE* points, they will also be banned from the forums for 3 days.
If a user reaches 50 ACTIVE* points, they will be permanently banned from the forums.
If a user reaches 5 TOTAL infractions, they will be banned for 1 day.
If a user reaches 10 TOTAL infractions, they will be banned for 5 days.

*Points last anywhere from 10 - 30 days. Once that time runs out, the points will be un-associated with your account, but the infraction will still remain.

Users can also receive Warnings through the infraction system. These do exactly what they say and warn the person. These do not add any infraction points or add to your total.

I hope this has helped to clear up this and feel free to leave questions below or PM me.

Lahthel
12-24-2014, 11:23 AM
I have a question, is the ban used via IP address or just account ban?
if its the latter whats gonna stop a person from remaking an account under a different name and continue their ways?

as4mo3
12-24-2014, 12:44 PM
if its the latter whats gonna stop a person from remaking an account under a different name and continue their ways?

Name ban. There is also an instantaneous ban feature with "circumventing a ban".

AlexError
12-24-2014, 03:38 PM

Your forum account is linked to your actual Smite account, so it is a hassle to make another. Even if someone did manage to make many accounts; it is a lot less effort for us to ban users than it is for them to create accounts.

Kaostic
12-24-2014, 03:41 PM
Plus, if somebody made multiple accounts to get around a ban, it's not hard to ban their IP. Then again, they can change their IP to come back. Tbh, if somebody is that bothered, I tend to remind them that it takes me seconds to ban someone and minutes for them to get another account.

Lahthel
12-24-2014, 04:08 PM
Plus, if somebody made multiple accounts to get around a ban, it's not hard to ban their IP. Then again, they can change their IP to come back. Tbh, if somebody is that bothered, I tend to remind them that it takes me seconds to ban someone and minutes for them to get another account.

dont underestimate children with lots of time

Kaostic
12-24-2014, 04:15 PM
dont underestimate children with lots of time

As I said, fine by me. Takes me a few seconds. They're only wasting their time :P

Dmantakae
12-27-2014, 02:15 PM
As I said, fine by me. Takes me a few seconds. They're only wasting their time :P

This.

I still have yet to see the people I've banned returned to the forums (even tho some of their bans have already lifted). It's also easy for us to tell if someone we had banned/suspended has returned. They don't really change their mo

RippleApple
12-28-2014, 02:10 AM
Maybe a choice few players who were banned on the forums in the past were behind some of the ddos attacks Smite's experienced over the past year.

...Just saying, these forums are a bit different than regular forums because there's a game and business attached to them. It's something nobody's brought up yet and it's something of an elephant in the room. I don't feel like arguing about it either, since I'm on you guys' side about this.

KingScuba
12-28-2014, 02:13 AM
Maybe a choice few players who were banned on the forums in the past were behind some of the ddos attacks Smite's experienced over the past year.

...Just saying, these forums are a bit different than regular forums because there's a game and business attached to them. It's something nobody's brought up yet and it's something of an elephant in the room. I don't feel like arguing about it either, since I'm on you guys' side about this.

It's possible, but very unlikely.

Echo4
12-28-2014, 08:10 PM
Why does 10 points carry a 2 day longer ban than 30 points?

Kaostic
12-28-2014, 08:15 PM
Why does 10 points carry a 2 day longer ban than 30 points?

10 points doesn't have any ban?

Loulina
12-28-2014, 09:15 PM
oh,people will feel cold seeing this. just a change. might go fine and smooth for almost everyone.
ok pick your alignment people. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)#Lawful_Good
I am lawful god! ok,netural good at times. i am chaotic evil only when i am painting or singing. never on forums.never.geeez, i shouldnt have said never.bad luck.

McKnightrider
12-29-2014, 12:58 PM
Does getting banned on the forum affect you getting banned from the game in any way? And Vis versa?

as4mo3
12-29-2014, 02:21 PM
Does getting banned on the forum affect you getting banned from the game in any way? And Vis versa?

Forum ban does not affect game ban.

Game ban does indeed (I think) affect forum ban.

xSuperioNx
12-29-2014, 05:19 PM
lol there must be plenty out there with L10 titles

Kaostic
12-29-2014, 05:36 PM
lol there must be plenty out there with L10 titles

Currently only goes to L2.

asdf3011
12-29-2014, 10:38 PM
Forum ban does not affect game ban.

Game ban does indeed (I think) affect forum ban.

Lucky for me game ban does not = forum ban. Do not need go into any more detail (do not want to start a war)

ImAeternalis
12-31-2014, 01:34 PM
Other than naming/shaming what are the rules?

AlexError
12-31-2014, 01:54 PM
A non-exhaustive list can be found here:

Code of Conduct (http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?5758-Forums-Code-of-Conduct)

amoretpax199
01-16-2015, 09:20 PM
How do you check your infraction points?

Kaostic
01-16-2015, 09:23 PM
How do you check your infraction points?

Settings > My Profile > Infractions.

SaintlyXI
01-17-2015, 02:10 PM
"Lets protect the trash tier players and let them continue ruin other ppls games." - Best idea ever.
If Hi-Rez dont have a problem with naming & shaming trash u shouldnt either.

AlexError
01-17-2015, 06:09 PM
"Lets protect the trash tier players and let them continue ruin other ppls games." - Best idea ever.
If Hi-Rez dont have a problem with naming & shaming trash u shouldnt either.

They do have a problem with naming & shaming. The Code of Conduct was finalised by HiRezDrybear and all the other HiRez community managers.

SaintlyXI
01-17-2015, 06:48 PM
They do have a problem with naming & shaming. The Code of Conduct was finalised by HiRezDrybear and all the other HiRez community managers.

If i say what i truly believe about the "forum mods" & the carebearish rules ill get another warning right? (4th In less than 24h.)
So ill just say, have a nice day. =)

Kaostic
01-17-2015, 07:03 PM
If i say what i truly believe about the "forum mods" & the carebearish rules ill get another warning right? (4th In less than 24h.)
So ill just say, have a nice day. =)

17 posts, two infractions, one warning. That's a new record, I think.

SaintlyXI
01-18-2015, 12:20 AM
17 posts, two infractions, one warning. That's a new record, I think.
Oh well, a record's a record after all but i was expecting to get permabanned or smth.
Maybe u guys aint that bad afterall, i suppose we started off on the wrong foot. (I was banned on Wildstar for posting the image of a bloody banana.)

F6This
01-20-2015, 07:43 PM
Oh well, a record's a record after all but i was expecting to get permabanned or smth.
Maybe u guys aint that bad afterall, i suppose we started off on the wrong foot. (I was banned on Wildstar for posting the image of a bloody banana.)

Everyone watch out, we have a bad ass here...

McKnightrider
05-06-2015, 01:28 AM
Question: is there a reset timer on in game disciplinary actions? I know there is a 24 hour clock for deserter. What about actual bans? A friend of mine got a 72 hour ban for things they did in game, the next ban is 7 days, is there a probation period and time frame which they don't get banned it reverts back to the 72 hour ban like the 24 clock for the deserter?

Dmantakae
05-06-2015, 04:02 AM
Question: is there a reset timer on in game disciplinary actions? I know there is a 24 hour clock for deserter. What about actual bans? A friend of mine got a 72 hour ban for things they did in game, the next ban is 7 days, is there a probation period and time frame which they don't get banned it reverts back to the 72 hour ban like the 24 clock for the deserter?

No, I don't believe in-game suspensions/bans offenses get reset. You can view their policy here (http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/495)