PDA

View Full Version : Atlas, Carrier of the Sky

Macaulyn
04-15-2014, 08:54 PM
http://e08595.medialib.glogster.com/media/23/23cb9f777bde8b6a56f0c3ff41cc954eeef2a5deb4534218c0 916253ccac6db4/atlas-1-jpg.jpg
Lore: After his defeat alongside his allies in the Titanomachy, Atlas was forced to hold the Celestial Spheres with him. As small as they looked, their weight was immense, and the pain of holding such a heavy weight only increased his powers, as he became resistant enought to barely use any armor or protection. But instead of uselessly try to defeat his former rivals again, now he will gain the favor of other powerful immortals to release him from the torment of holding the sky. Atlas will go to war again, but this time, to achieve victory like none other ever did.

Type: Greek Physical Melee Warrior
Weapon: Celestial Sphere (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_elDHBSvfD0U/Sk5Cjgc5MJI/AAAAAAAAA40/im0ssBUS5Vg/s1600/145-DSC_4414+-+Statue+of+Atlas+-+Rockefeller+Center.jpg) (but smaller, sufficient for him to carry with one hand)

Passive: TITANIC ENDURANCE
When receiving three debuffs or more, Atlas will heal 30% health.

1st Ability: CELESTIAL CAGE
Atlas will throw one of the rings of the Celestial Sphere. When it hits an enemy god, its immense weight will keep him stunned and deal minor damage, nearby gods and all minions in the ring's way will be knocked back. A slowed god will be stunned further.
Cooldown: 15s
Ability Type: Projectile

2nd Ability: CELESTIAL CHAKRAM
Atlas will unify the rings of the Celestial Sphere as two chakram, and quickly run and slash enemies in range with them.
Cooldown: 8s
Ability Type: Line

3rd Ability: SPINNING RINGS
Atlas will throw two rings of the Celestial Sphere like boomerangs around him. They do heavy damage and knock back enemies. Stunned enemies take aditional damage, but are not knocked back.
Cooldown: 11s
Ability Type: Area

Ultimate: DANCE OF THE SKY
Atlas will make all the rings of the Celestial Sphere dance around him, dealing great damage to them.
Cooldown: 80s
Ability Type: Area

Comments: Looking at this concept now makes me think three things. First: Atlas' lore needs a huge improvement. Second: Titans are bosses in the game, so there is little chance of Atlas to be added. Third: Fuck it, I'll keep the concept anyway. Since Atlas wasn't known much for his powers, I decided to base this into his main symbol: the celestial ring (aka the sky). Basically, considering the sky is a heavy thing to carry, the celestial ring's attacks are very strong, enough to stun and knock back enemies, so, he would work as a big bruiser in the game. Well, which Titan wouldn't? (various, I know, its just a rhetocial question)

Vogita
04-16-2014, 06:43 PM
An excellent idea

Macaulyn
04-16-2014, 06:49 PM
Thank you.

XeIIos
04-17-2014, 07:06 AM
I like the abilities but the stun needs a toning down, only change can 5 second stun, but it is still super rare for her to hit those 5 people, and that being said, it is still her ultimate, but it is only atlas first ability. This is just my opinion

MechaShinobi
04-17-2014, 07:50 AM
the stun needs a toning down, only change can 5 second stun, but it is still super rare for her to hit those 5 people, and that being said, it is still her ultimate, but it is only atlas first ability.

Fact may be that its a single target only ability? But 3s is way, WAY too high. Ullr is top 3 gods in the game right now and what a lot of people are saying is half the reason why is that he gets a 1.8s stun and that is also single target.

D.D.

asdf3011
04-17-2014, 08:21 AM
The passive will really toll new people. Lol. I can see it a noob healing the god for 40% hp for each passive attack he does then screams hacker. Only cause he bough debuff items. Wont be so bad with mid-late game players as they will read passives.

Macaulyn
04-17-2014, 11:58 AM
Very well, then, I'll decrease the stun time.

arrick2001
04-18-2014, 12:36 AM
Awesome idea hope this will appear in smite

AmaliaNya
05-07-2014, 05:57 AM
finally another bearded old guy god its a while since someone made that and osiris pharao beard doesnt counts ;p the concept is really good and im mainly mage so i can tell :p

Macaulyn
05-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Thank you all, I really hope HiRez see one of my concepts, check them out on my signature.

Kenyar
05-11-2014, 02:32 AM
Good job! :)

RolasuDraygan
05-11-2014, 03:57 AM
Atlas kind of gives me that same vibe as Hercules and because of that I'd want Atlas to be a melee warrior but this is really well thought out. The only thing I'd want to change slightly is the passive. Have Atlas heal the 40% over time, maybe over 5 seconds and not all at once. Other than that, great job.

Flooppwn3r
05-11-2014, 09:19 AM
i like it :3

Macaulyn
05-11-2014, 11:00 AM
Atlas kind of gives me that same vibe as Hercules and because of that I'd want Atlas to be a melee warrior but this is really well thought out. The only thing I'd want to change slightly is the passive. Have Atlas heal the 40% over time, maybe over 5 seconds and not all at once. Other than that, great job.
I'll reduce the healing.

rubbercluckey
05-14-2014, 09:23 AM
This is a really good idea. I have seen your other posts, and with some tweaking, they could be as good as this. This is just fantastic!

Macaulyn
05-14-2014, 12:57 PM
Hearing so many cheers for my characters makes me feel hopeful for my characters' appearence in SMITE. Tell me what you think it should be tweaked in their topics, I could take into consideration.

brintenius
05-23-2014, 06:42 PM
There are already way too many mages. What if instead, he was a guardian, and his basic attack was him swinging the celestial sphere back and forth? It's the only way I can really picture him both holding it and attacking with it, ranged or melee, anyway. When shooting out rings for abilities, he could shake the sphere, and when he swings two like weapons on either side, he could throw the sphere up on his back, and it would make sense spatially for him to take out the two rings he was already holding anyway.

Macaulyn
05-24-2014, 10:29 AM
Changed that, too.

brintenius
05-28-2014, 05:12 PM
Warrior. Good choice!

airth
05-29-2014, 04:02 AM
this seems like a very good idea, but something that should be done is make a titans pantheon, I feal that there are enough titans that could be added for it.

Macaulyn
05-29-2014, 09:20 AM
They would actually fit in the Greek pantheon, since they're from Greek Mythology, but I guess it makes sense since this pantheon is the one with the greater number of gods. I don't know why none of them were added.

BlackmanbA
05-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Hindu: Ram, Shiva, Krishna
Mayan:
Egyptian:
Chinese:
Greek:
Roman:
Norse:

Macaulyn
05-29-2014, 10:31 AM
Hindu: Ram, Shiva, Krishna
Mayan:
Egyptian:
Chinese:
Greek:
Roman:
Norse:
Excuse me?

AjaxNecrotic
05-29-2014, 03:03 PM
I have been wanting to come up with ideas for atlas too but ran into issues making the kit, props to you!
Passive is still pretty nasty a 30% heal could be an issue if the condition for it wasn't pretty high, i dont know a time when i've ever had more than 3 unique debuffs. I liked the idea of Atlas shifting his burden when he hits people with a skill so maybe that could take the place of this increasing Atlas's movespeed and decreasing movespeed of those hit. Then again I play support and usually have a way to clear the CC/debuffs anyway.
All in all awesome god!

airth
05-29-2014, 04:21 PM
They would actually fit in the Greek pantheon, since they're from Greek Mythology, but I guess it makes sense since this pantheon is the one with the greater number of gods. I don't know why none of them were added.
I think mainly they haveent added them because as you pointed out there are a lot of them and that's probably why, the titans pantheon would be a cool idea,

Macaulyn
05-29-2014, 04:43 PM
I have been wanting to come up with ideas for atlas too but ran into issues making the kit, props to you!
Passive is still pretty nasty a 30% heal could be an issue if the condition for it wasn't pretty high, i dont know a time when i've ever had more than 3 unique debuffs. I liked the idea of Atlas shifting his burden when he hits people with a skill so maybe that could take the place of this increasing Atlas's movespeed and decreasing movespeed of those hit. Then again I play support and usually have a way to clear the CC/debuffs anyway.
All in all awesome god!
Thank you. If only he was added as the first titan...

BlackmanbA
06-09-2014, 04:04 AM
Shiva can kick everyone's ass
He's the Destroyer
He can destroy smite(btw i love smite)
:D

Macaulyn
06-09-2014, 10:26 AM
Shiva can kick everyone's ass
He's the Destroyer
He can destroy smite(btw i love smite)
:D
And what does this have to do with Atlas here?

honorflight
06-10-2014, 02:01 PM
I like the idea. Just not sure what he would look like.

Macaulyn
06-10-2014, 03:10 PM
If my drawing skills were good I would have made a concept art too.

AjaxNecrotic
06-15-2014, 08:53 PM
I like the idea. Just not sure what he would look like.

well he mentions in the kit that atlas "Throws the celestial rings" so he would probably look like old herc carrying a ball made of rings with stars floating in and around them

Macaulyn
06-15-2014, 09:33 PM
Like old Herc? No fucking way, that looked too retarded.

FAQK
06-16-2014, 11:11 AM
Atlas should go as new god in smite, but all knock ups and rest of cc on his abilities are still op. Passive seems rather weird, i would go for a percentage of defenses buff, it needs a cooldown otherwise. Also, I have problems when trying to imagine Atlas having a big ball of rings with his 2 hands and grabing two rings of it, then slashing with a ring in each hand. Maybe you can work on that aswell.

It´s a nice concept tho, keep working on it.

AjaxNecrotic
06-16-2014, 09:39 PM
Like old Herc? No fucking way, that looked too retarded.

what i meant by that was bearded muscular man

Macaulyn
06-16-2014, 09:48 PM
Atlas should go as new god in smite, but all knock ups and rest of cc on his abilities are still op. Passive seems rather weird, i would go for a percentage of defenses buff, it needs a cooldown otherwise. Also, I have problems when trying to imagine Atlas having a big ball of rings with his 2 hands and grabing two rings of it, then slashing with a ring in each hand. Maybe you can work on that aswell.

It´s a nice concept tho, keep working on it.
I'll see what I can do.

what i meant by that was bearded muscular man
Oh, that. Its 'cause old Hercules was so stupid.

Vogita
07-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Mega bump of approval!