PDA

View Full Version : Michael, Commander of the Angels

Ragnarocket
04-14-2014, 05:48 PM
http://pgwebdesign.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Michael-archangel-fire-lance-angel.jpg

Pantheon: Abrahamic
Type: Melee, Magical
Role: Guardian
Pros: High Control/High Sustain
Hit Progression: Sword Slash (1x), Sword Slash (1x), Shield Bash (.5x), Thrust (2x)

Passive - Quis ut Deus
Michael's HP5 is increased by 10 and any time he is struck by an ability he gains a stack of Angelic Bulwark, increasing his Protections by 5. This can stack up to 4 times and at max stacks it decreases CC effects by 10%. Lasts for 5 seconds after being struck by abilities.

Visual: A soft golden fire emanates from the enemies affected by the debuff. When he is fully stacked on his Bulwark his shield exudes a light blue glow.

Ability 1 - Blazing Aura
Michael thrusts his sword into the sky creating a fiery explosion that damages nearby enemies. He immediately deals 70/110/150/190/230 (+30% Magical) magical damage to all enemies around him when this happens. In addition, his sword is empowered for the next 3 seconds and afflicts enemies with Heaven's Wrath. Heaven's Wrath decreases enemy attack speeds by 10%. While Blazing Aura is active any enemies afflicted by Heaven's Wrath will be pulled slightly towards Michael and the pull is stronger the farther away you get from him. (Not as strong as a Hades ult even at long range, you can still run away...but you will be much slower)

Visual: Michael thrusts his flaming sword into the sky and the rich red of the fire erupts around him as the sword starts to glow a golden-red. The explosion around him is a fiery-red and when his sword slashes now it is engulfed in golden fire instead of it's normal red. Michael will glow a golden-red while he is pulling enemies to him.

Mana Costs: 50/60/70/80/90
Cooldown: 16/14/12/10/8

Ability 2 - Glorious Charge
Michael glows radiantly and then dashes forward while flying on his angel wings, leaving a path of holy fire in his wake. The pull from Blazing Aura is stronger while Michael is charging and enemies who are standing in the holy fire take 10/15/20/25/30 (+20% Magical) magical damage every second. In addition, all enemies who enter the holy area are slowed by 20/25/30/35/40% and afflicted with Heaven's Wrath, which decreases their attack speed by 10% for 4 seconds. This holy area will last for 5 seconds.

Visual: Michael unleashes his wings in a mighty gust that takes him slightly off of the ground. He plants his sword in the ground which is wreathed in golden fire as he flies quickly forward past all enemies. Golden fire and angel feathers fall to the ground behind him as he trails a fiery light. The area left behind looks like a gash is left in the world that spews golden fire.

Mana Cost: 60/65/70/75/80
Cooldown: 12/12/11/11/10 Seconds

Ability 3 - Cleansing Flare
Michael shines brilliantly for a single second, cleansing himself of all slows, roots, and snares and healing himself for 10/15/20/25/30% of the damage he took in the last 2 seconds over the next 2 seconds. Nearby enemies are blinded for 1.5 second, but if they were afflicted by Heaven's Wrath they are instead stunned for 1.5 seconds.

Visual: Michael yells as he shines a brilliant red and gold, the area affected is left with a slight scorch mark and for the 2 seconds he heals he has an almost pure white aura surrounding him. Enemies affected by the blind or stun have their heads wreathed in white light.

Mana Cost: 30/50/70/90/110
Cooldown: 16/16/15/15/14 Seconds

Ability 4 - Revelation
Michael charges up with the brilliance of a supernova for 2 seconds. When he erupts in golden fire, he heals all nearby allies (except himself) for 4/8/12/16/20% of his maximum health and nearby enemy gods are burned for 200/270/340/410/480 (+30% Magical) magical damage over the next 3 seconds and blinded for 1.5 seconds. In addition, if there is a holy area still on the battlefield from Angel's Lament, it will blow up as well doing the same effect to enemies/allies in that radius.

Visual: Similar to Ymir, Michael kneels on the ground as light seems to surge towards him, the ground shows a visual outline (red or green) to indicate to allies and enemies where the damage/healing will be done. When he is done charging, he thrusts his sword to the heavens as a pillar of golden fire engulfs him and fades quickly. The blind effect is similar to the one on Holy Brilliance.

Mana Cost: 200
Cooldown: 90 Seconds

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did this concept a while back actually, but it was changed a few times thanks to all the wonderful people on the SmiteGodConcepts on Reddit. I think it's in a much better state then when I first presented it and since I've seen a lot of Christian commentary on concepts lately I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. Hope people enjoy/critique! :)

MarcianTobay
04-15-2014, 04:58 AM
Though I am not clever enough to have input on the balance of the mechanics, I think this is an EXCELLENT way to begin to put the Abrahamic faiths in the game. Absolutely clever and I love it.

Flareb00t
04-15-2014, 06:48 AM
Monotheistic pantheons will never get into this game. The furore over a Hindu god was bad, imagine if the Christians started wailing on Smite because they introduced something like this into the game?

Ragnarocket
04-15-2014, 08:19 AM
Monotheistic pantheons will never get into this game. The furore over a Hindu god was bad, imagine if the Christians started wailing on Smite because they introduced something like this into the game?

I'm well aware of this, it's why I didn't use Jesus or the Holy Spirit or something like that. As a Christian myself I personally don't see the issue as I would love to see some of our more notable figures depicted in the game. And yeah, some Christians unfortunately get very upset about this sort of thing (which I think is a real pity) as when I put this up the first time there was ALL sorts of anger/resistance about just the very idea.

That said, I'm more interested in how the mechanics work together. I could throw this stuff on another god with different visual effects/flavors and I'd be good to go. That's what I'm really wanting feedback on. :)

Enskai
04-16-2014, 08:54 AM

Are you aware of the Shin Megami Tensei series?
Multiple entities from the abrahamic religion are depicted. The entity missing is Jesus (presumably because it avoids new testament).
Actually its one of Atlus biggest titles.
There really shouldn't be any *true* issue with such depictions, and any that arise would be from an overly sensitive minority.
Assuming they avoid New testament.

The Cain and Abel story is frequently reimagined throughout history.
There are movies depicting the Cardinal angels as well...most of them suck (Legion) but again it isn't an actual issue.

An Abrahamic pantheon should be fine so long as Jesus and contemporary views of god are avoided would avoid Moses too.
Micheal, Gabriel, Enoch, Lucifer, Beelzabub are all used enough in current culture that it would by hypocritical to condemn smite for it.

Anyways OP.
I was thinking given how you depicted his ult, that maybe he could be in the air for it until the burst instead of on the ground?

Also I would recommend changing the name of Glorious Charge, to Heavens Wrath for the sake of clarity given the amount of abilities that synergize with it.