PDA

View Full Version : God suggestions

GoldMoonWizard
11-25-2014, 11:32 AM
Hello there,

I recently started playing Smite, I'm a League player but have always been a huge mythology fan so came over to here. I'm trying to find a good God for my playstyle. My best champions were Gangplank, Fiora and Nasus. I'm a very farm oriented player. I'd prefer mid or solo lane, and Greek or Roman Gods (as that's my favorite pantheon). But I'll play anything that works

Thanks for any suggestions
GMW

Xytech
11-25-2014, 11:59 AM
Based on your name alone I'd recommend Chang'e, and grab the golden skin on her. Then you'll have yourself a gold moon wizard.

On a more serious note. It's pretty rare for assassins/warriors to go mid in smite, and considering your LoL champs I'd say those types most likely fit you the best. So you should probably stick to solo or jungle. Come to think of it mids around your level is likely really bad so it might be easy to stomp them as an assassin though.

I think Mercury might fit you the best, he's roman as well so that should be a plus. Others you might like are Nemesis, Serqet, Chaac and Osiris. I don't feel like going too far into detail, but you should check them out.

VarenWolf
11-25-2014, 12:01 PM
In early time paired with noobs if get loki mid down you will pubstomp ever one cause of logic XD

to be serious for mid start with ra, nu wa, janus, then work your way towards scylla and in solo most of those work but vulcan is a solo mostly and so is chang'e and chronos. and forgot zhong kui

GoldMoonWizard
11-25-2014, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I was a top laner in LoL, which is Solo here I've gathered. With the difference in mechanics I seem to be good with ranged characters and I've always liked mages, but I'll take your suggestions under consideration. Are any of those choices good with farming/wave clear. I was always fond of the split push strat and I'd like a God who can do that

Thanks again

Xytech
11-25-2014, 05:53 PM
Chaac has a very nice waveclear and some pretty good sustain. I'm not too familiar with the rest but it shouldn't be too bad.

If you want a ranged character and like split pushing then I'd recommend Apollo. You can push and overextend to your hearts consent: Once the enemy comes you'll just ulti away. He's an ADC though, but in your level ADCs in solo lane should be just fine.

For a mage I'd recommend trying Anubis. He can clear entire waves with 1 spell in a very early level and has some insane damage. Once you get ganked you can just nuke down the enemy before they can touch you. He mainly survives by killing his enemy though, if you try to run chances are you'll die. Don't be surprised if you go 20/0/0 in your first game.

Kukulkan might be another alternative. Good wave clear, pretty decent damage, a speed boost and a slow. He's more likely to survive being chased than Anubis, but he's also more likely to end up being chased.

Heck, I'll just throw in a couple more. Nu Wa summons minions which will help your pushing. She also has an universal damage ulti, a predictable stealth and a stun. Janus has a movement buff/slow, a way to remove enemies, he can escape through walls, has an universal ult and good waveclear.

Just my biased opinions, there are more Gods that can be great for you, but I'd at least recommend checking these out.