PDA

View Full Version : Should I stop playing Ranked??

PKFruit
11-25-2014, 12:43 AM
So I recently reached level 30 and I decided to try out League because I feel as if I have a good grasp on the way this game works and the mechanics of it. I've watched tournaments and professionals streaming. During my second qualifying match, I had a bad game; the every now and then mess up. I had a terrible record with Ymir as a support. I don't usually do this poorly, but it felt demoralizing - especially when my teammates started to bash on how bad I was and how I should quit playing ranked.

I like the concept of ranked and having a division I could be in. If I am going to have bad games such as this one every once in a while, should I completely stop playing ranked and just go play normal matches?? Please help me out and let me know whether or not I can keep playing ranked or if I should stick to the casual play.

Xytech
11-25-2014, 06:44 AM
Everyone has an occasional bad game, don't let it get you down. Just keep trying. Far as I heard qualifiers often play against gold players (sometimes higher?) which might be hard if you're more of a silver player yourself. I'd assume things get better once you're done with qualifiers and got a rank for yourself. I don't have any ranked experience in this game myself though, but what I can say is that:

If I am going to have bad games such as this one every once in a while, should I completely stop playing ranked and just go play normal matches??

A bad game every once in a while is not a reason to stop playing something you like.

JIeBuc
11-26-2014, 03:02 AM
Yea. Actually i dont like ppl who judge by players exp. Its a game, not 1m$ tournament. So ignore em. And yea, first time it could be a bit challenge, because u elo rank starts with 1500 and u can get gold and even higher as opponent. Its usually players who have 30lvl+ more than half of the year, knows mostly all gods and good tactics.

UPD. So i checked u match...wait. U got even 1710 elo and was facing 1648 salv (gold3), apollo with 1780 (qualifying) and 3 other 1628-1786 elo players. Its gold1-platinum3. So u can see they all is so strong. Platinum level is almost top pro. Not exactly, but close.

PKFruit
11-26-2014, 01:31 PM
Thanks for both of your research, I appreciate it. I was feeling a little down and demoralize. Will I start to face people more along the lines of my ELO if I continue to do qualifiers?

JIeBuc
11-26-2014, 05:19 PM
Yes, definitely. U had 1500 and won first game, so u got quite decent increase. After second game it drops to 1,522. The more games u play the more stable u rank becomes. It has so big dispersion because system still dont know u average level of playing. After that it gonna be more stable.

Actually its not so bad. F.e. i think learning is the best than i face strong enemy. So i can do bad, but if i know that than i know weak spot of my playing. Its progression. But i also dont like blaming. Once i played assault and got premade 4 players. I died few times, because enemy team had good teamwork with huge amount of cc. And actually that was quite j... clan so they started to mock about it and "delete game" was only slight side of all that rude attitude. Its really rare to see such ppl and maybe the best option is mute em or report. So maybe u got badluck. In 99% of other time its adequate ppl.

PKFruit
11-27-2014, 12:19 PM
Yes, definitely. U had 1500 and won first game, so u got quite decent increase. After second game it drops to 1,522. The more games u play the more stable u rank becomes. It has so big dispersion because system still dont know u average level of playing. After that it gonna be more stable.

From what website are you getting these numbers from? It would be nice to know that way I can track my ranking from now on.

But yeah, I usually do tend to learn from making mistakes, I learn what I did wrong and what I should do differently.

Xytech
11-27-2014, 12:59 PM
From what website are you getting these numbers from? It would be nice to know that way I can track my ranking from now on.

But yeah, I usually do tend to learn from making mistakes, I learn what I did wrong and what I should do differently.

https://smite.guru/stats/pkfruit
I'm not sure why, but this site seems to get a lot of things wrong for me. It claims I have played more games than what my in-game stats says. I'm not sure if it's somehow gotten MOTD's mixed up in it or what's going on. It should be the best for your purpose though, tracking elo and having nice overviews over matches. For more correct casual stats and fun facts check out smitestuff (http://smitestuff.com/players/pkfruit)