PDA

View Full Version : Conquest Advice Needed

Pythonhier
11-09-2014, 12:06 PM
This is going to look really bad, however. Me and a few friends of mine have been playing 3v3 mainly, and sometimes other match types, but never conquest, and we want to get into it. Problem is we been playing and have been seeing a lot of contradicting information, and then players that lack positive attitude or personality to be rude and aggressive, not being helpful at all.

So I am here to ask for all the information you can give me about Smite's meta for it's 5v5 map. What roles goto what lane, does the ADC go with a support or tank, and rack up the minion kills and the duo only focuses on harrasing opponents defending lane? What track does the Jungler take and the best methods to gank a lane or know when to enter a lane. What does the Mid lane do really? Pick his nose? The solo lane where is that the long or short lane? Does it need to be a warrior or a Mage? Did I just see an assassin there? Does it matter? Does the Support/tank require items or abilities, or the Jungler to be more effective in their role?

I don't know about you, but I don't think we should be dancing in front of the fire giant?

Zergstar
11-09-2014, 01:17 PM
This is going to look really bad, however. Me and a few friends of mine have been playing 3v3 mainly, and sometimes other match types, but never conquest, and we want to get into it. Problem is we been playing and have been seeing a lot of contradicting information, and then players that lack positive attitude or personality to be rude and aggressive, not being helpful at all.

So I am here to ask for all the information you can give me about Smite's meta for it's 5v5 map. What roles goto what lane, does the ADC go with a support or tank, and rack up the minion kills and the duo only focuses on harrasing opponents defending lane? What track does the Jungler take and the best methods to gank a lane or know when to enter a lane. What does the Mid lane do really? Pick his nose? The solo lane where is that the long or short lane? Does it need to be a warrior or a Mage? Did I just see an assassin there? Does it matter? Does the Support/tank require items or abilities, or the Jungler to be more effective in their role?

I don't know about you, but I don't think we should be dancing in front of the fire giant?

I'm no pro at conquest but I do know the basics.

In the long lane you have an ADC (Hunter) and a support (usually Guardian, but someone times also someone like Hel or Aphro), in the middle a Mage, in solo its Warrior or Mage usually and an Assassin in the jungle.

ADC usually stays in lane to farm, at least until the first tower is down, while the support goes back and forth between mid and long to help out he is mostly in long though.

The guy in the middle just tries to win his lane really, clearing waves, taking mid harpies while trying to avoid getting ganked by the enemy jungler.

Solo is the same as mid really, except for harpies.

As a jungler you probably want to watch some videos on youtube to see routes and what to prioritize on certain assassins, junglers almost always get Bumba's Mask and HoG.

You always want to try and win your lane, which you do by clearing the minions quick and effectively while poking the enemy, if you can kill him or make him go back to base he will loose farm = less xp and less gold. You don't want to be too aggressive though, because then you will probably get ganked by the enemy jungler.

Always pay attention to what is happening in the game other than just your lane and if your enemy leaves his lane and goes into the jungle, call enemy missing so your team mates knows he is coming.

Also, when you win a team fight you will want to go for Gold Fury immediately, and the Fire Giant later in the game.

Pythonhier
11-09-2014, 04:23 PM
I'm no pro at conquest but I do know the basics.

In the long lane you have an ADC (Hunter) and a support (usually Guardian, but someone times also someone like Hel or Aphro), in the middle a Mage, in solo its Warrior or Mage usually and an Assassin in the jungle.

ADC usually stays in lane to farm, at least until the first tower is down, while the support goes back and forth between mid and long to help out he is mostly in long though.

The guy in the middle just tries to win his lane really, clearing waves, taking mid harpies while trying to avoid getting ganked by the enemy jungler.

Solo is the same as mid really, except for harpies.

As a jungler you probably want to watch some videos on youtube to see routes and what to prioritize on certain assassins, junglers almost always get Bumba's Mask and HoG.

You always want to try and win your lane, which you do by clearing the minions quick and effectively while poking the enemy, if you can kill him or make him go back to base he will loose farm = less xp and less gold. You don't want to be too aggressive though, because then you will probably get ganked by the enemy jungler.

Always pay attention to what is happening in the game other than just your lane and if your enemy leaves his lane and goes into the jungle, call enemy missing so your team mates knows he is coming.

Also, when you win a team fight you will want to go for Gold Fury immediately, and the Fire Giant later in the game.

Thanks for the help! I have another question though, last game I had with a friend, he went Hades Tank. When he went with the random adc we got, the adc complained all game about the items Hades started with and it not being the Watcher's Gift. I'm not too sure on the item itself, and the whole game the player was extremely toxic to everyone on his team, but that's the first complaint he made, so I wanted to assess it none the less.

EmperorGricer
11-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the help! I have another question though, last game I had with a friend, he went Hades Tank. When he went with the random adc we got, the adc complained all game about the items Hades started with and it not being the Watcher's Gift. I'm not too sure on the item itself, and the whole game the player was extremely toxic to everyone on his team, but that's the first complaint he made, so I wanted to assess it none the less.
First of all, Hades is a very poor support/tank. He is far better in the solo lane as a tanky mage (Or a pseudo-bruiser as I like to call it). Just because a character is labeled as something doesn't mean it makes sense. Cabrakan is at his best as a jungling bruiser. Ymir, while not a bad support tank, can also be played as a jungling/solo laning pseudo-bruiser. In games with more experienced players, where supports roam, Sobek and Ares are also poor supports, and more suited to the solo lane.

Second, about Watcher's Gift, it depends. If you're pretty new, you probably want to stay in lane with your ADC, in which case, you should probably get WG. More experienced supports will usually roam after a few levels, in which case, its not worth getting WG.

Pythonhier
11-09-2014, 08:54 PM
First of all, Hades is a very poor support/tank. He is far better in the solo lane as a tanky mage (Or a pseudo-bruiser as I like to call it). Just because a character is labeled as something doesn't mean it makes sense. Cabrakan is at his best as a jungling bruiser. Ymir, while not a bad support tank, can also be played as a jungling/solo laning pseudo-bruiser. In games with more experienced players, where supports roam, Sobek and Ares are also poor supports, and more suited to the solo lane.

Second, about Watcher's Gift, it depends. If you're pretty new, you probably want to stay in lane with your ADC, in which case, you should probably get WG. More experienced supports will usually roam after a few levels, in which case, its not worth getting WG.

Wow 0.0 Alright well that sounds good, i'll let him know, and then he will probably go as Ymir for lane support. I went Bacchus as support once and it worked out wonderfully, but I still never took Watcher's Gift.

Septikx
11-10-2014, 07:26 AM
Watchers only works if your adc is actually able to get the last hits, you wont get any extra gold from watchers if your minions get the last hit, so picking WG when you can rust your adc, and vanguards when you are n ot sure if you can.
Also, WG is still a good item, even if you roam, since you will still get more gold while ganking or taxing other lanes.
And btw is sobek even in higher ranks still a good support, who is even sometimes picked on solo in masters.

About what Zergstar wrote:

As you noticed, we dont have a bot or toplane in smite, so lanes are determined by the distance between their t1 towers.
Towers close? Sololane
Towers not so close? Duolane
Mid is kinda selfexplaining i guess and so is jungle.

The Duolane is usually taken by your hunter as adc and a guardian/warrior as support.

Your hunters job is mainly to just farm up, while your support, once he got midas, is free to roam and act as a secondary jungle.

Midlane is usually taken by mages, sometimes assassins like loki tho, they try to outpush their enemy, means, they push their minions into the enemy tower because every minions hit by a tower doesnt grant any gold. Midlaner should also take care of the midcamps, as these are the key to win their lane.

Jungler start with their sololaner together by clearing buffs/camps and lane till around lvl 4 and then go back into the jungle, providing buffs to their team, secure objectives and ofc gank lanes.

The sololane is a farmlane imho, a lane for gods that really excels lategame, such as Loki,Hebo, Change,Vamana, so you can play basicly everything that has a good lategame and just farm them up there, because they dont have to worry about stuff like midharpies or something and only roam for bigger objectives, such as goldfury, fire giant or roam together with their lane opponent into teamfights.

Undefiable
11-10-2014, 09:16 AM
Duo lanes mostly depends on the which god the duo laners choose. For example:

Neith can minion clear really well and she'll probably land the last hits so its mostly Bacchus with neith.
Artemis is mostly bad in minion clearing in early game so Ymir would be great with Artemis.

Pythonhier
11-14-2014, 04:18 PM
This is making a lot more sense guys. Thanks for the help! I linked this topic to my friends so they can learn the lanes properly as well.

Estefunny
11-19-2014, 08:44 AM
You also have to ward the jungle, there are plenty of guides and vids/images, where exactly to ward.
Short version:
Everyone have to buy wards, just for their own protection of the enemy jungler and to take care of objectives like gold fury and fire giant.
As for the support, the active Eye of Providence is not worth it, there are better actives for support. And one ward cost only 50g, with every back get some wards, Sentry Ward are mostly for late game and to clear enemy wards at fg/gf.
Aside from these "hot spots" try to place wards that they cover most roads as possible.

Jungler:
I'm definitely not experienced enough as jungler, but normally he starts at mid camps or directly at damage / speed buff and then heads directly to solo lane blue buff, to help the solo lane with the blue buff. Once the buffs are back up, clear them, but provide them to your team Blue: Solo and Hunter(Early), Speed: For you, Damage: Mid Mage (Early), late game the Hunter would like to get Damage or Speed Buff, depending on god and build. The mid harpies camps are often done by the mid mages itself, experienced jungler can set an ambush there or help their mid lane.

Trubblegum
11-20-2014, 04:46 PM
Generally the Conquest meta is broken up into 2 segments: Laning phase, and lategame.
There is only one role that has no true lane, which is Jungle.
Laning phase consists of the first, say, 15-20 minutes where each lane farms minion waves and defends the towers in their lane from the enemy laner. Generally lanes are ganked often by a jungler, making over-extending difficult if your enemy has a competent jungler.
Since each team consists of 5 people, the meta is currently broken into this lane composition: 2 players in the longer lane, one player in the middle, and one player in the shorter lane, accompanied for the first 2-3 minutes in their lane by the jungler of the team,
Solo lane, which is what the shorter lane is called, is generally occupied by a mage or a warrior, occasionally you will see an assassin or certain guardians. The least played role in solo easily goes to hunter.
Mid lane is 90% of the time occupied by a mage. On occasion, you will see Hades in mid lane, and on a very rare occurrence assassins like Loki or Ne Zha.
Duo lane, the longer one, is occupied by a support, the least-favored role, and an ADC. Support is almost always a guardian, occasionally you will see it played by a warrior, and only the most daring play support as assassins or mages. ADC is also almost exclusively a hunter, though you will sometimes see a mage, most often Freya, or an assassin.
Jungle is the most difficult role due to multiple factors: It is the easiest role to counter, the hardest role to stay ahead in, and the jungle is a confusing place for newer characters. It is often played by assassins, but sometimes you will see a warrior, Freya, or on the rarest of events, a guardian such as Bacchus or Ymir.
Now that you know the main roles, You need to know how they are played and expected to play. Let's start with solo and jungle, since those two are often played together in the beginning.
The solo lane is the shorter lane, left lane for the Invader side, right lane for the Defender side. Solo generally starts on the right-mid camps with the mid lane player, while the jungler works on the buff. For invader, it is the speed buff, while it is damage for the defender side. Once solo and mid are done at the camps, solo helps jungle with the buff if they haven't finished it yet, and both go on to the mana buff. Most of the time, the mana buff goes to the solo and the other buff goes to the jungler.
The jungler will stay in solo lane for a few minutes, generally till level 4, or level 5 for slower starters. After jungle has left, solo's job is to take out at least the first tower in the lane. Once said tower is taken down, or the second depending on your preference, the solo starts to roam, acting as a second jungler.
The jungler will roam the jungle, clearing jungle camps for xp and gold. Mid camps are the prime target for the jungler: whoever controls mid camps controls the jungle. The jungler will also clear damage buff camp on occasion for the mid laner, and mana camps for the solo and duo lanes. The jungler also has a second function: ganks. Ganking is to attack the enemy from the jungle. If done properly, it will result in a kill for either the laner or the jungler.
The mid laner starts off with the right mid camps with solo, and then proceeds to defend middle lane. After a tower is downed, the mid laner will occasionally gank, just like solo and jungle. Mid is also the fastest leveler, generally, so don't be surprised if you get ganked by a mid-laner who is several levels above you.
The job of support is to protect their allies at all costs. The support is mostly there in early-game to make sure the ADC survives long enough to get a few items and start dishing out heavy damage. Generally, unless you are playing an ADC such as Rama, the mana buff goes to the ADC.
Later on, the support's job is to protect the team in teamfights and to secure objectives. By all means should a support NOT splitpush. If the enemy decides to defend the lane where the guardian comes from, the guardian could end up dying, removing an essential asset from the game for a while. Also, if the support is splitpushing, potential teamfights do not have the protection from the support.