PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes Addendum: Oct 27, Bug Fixes and Modifications to Nox Patch

HiRezStew
10-27-2014, 09:20 PM
Gods - Balance/Updates/Fixes

Agni
Fixed Infernal skin missing god select voice over

Cabrakan
Fixed Cabrakan golden/legendary/diamond say 'Only available to purchase at certain times'. Not sure if this affects purchasing yet.

Hel
New VGS lines have been reverted

Nox
General
Ability effects have been updated
Nightfall Raven
Cooldown is now correctly 15s for each rank.
Increased scaling from 50% to 70%
Siphon Darkness
Increased scaling from 40% to 50%

Ra
Divine Light
Fixed scaling still at 40% instead of 30%.

Rama
General
Fixed Orbital Strike landing page audio persisting when Main Volume is muted.
Fixed Orbital Strike skin missing god select voice over.

Vulcan
Voice has been updated

Custom Matches
Fixed issues regarding A.I. for bots
“Return to Lobby” option has been added if you are the only player in a custom match with bots
Fixed an issue where two bots would load into a 1v1 custom match
Blind pick is now the default picking method in custom matches.

Misc
Fixed Curse Voice not auto joining when making parties or entering match lobby.
Fixed Daily Rewards closing immediately
Fixed an issue where players could not select a god in the match lobby if a treasure chest was open.
Added a new icon for acquiring favor

regmckie
10-27-2014, 11:34 PM
Awesome! I'm glad you guys decided to scale up Nox's abilities!

Nvk3m
10-28-2014, 01:57 AM
This was well needed! GJ

RazaqMzale
10-28-2014, 02:00 AM
Nice to know you guys listen to your fans :D. I hope these changes make Nox more viable. I'm really looking forward to playing her.

Penta
10-28-2014, 02:41 AM
Yeah, let's hope Nox can make an impression now.

Ogva
10-28-2014, 03:25 AM
Hel voicepack. Half happy, half sad (like Hel).

(Btw maybe community driven changes could be a cool initiative, like asking which voicelines would you change, which would you keep.)

Rhodonite
10-28-2014, 04:09 AM
I didn't understand the part about Ra's divine light?

Pysiphon
10-28-2014, 08:19 AM
Nox is still gonna be useless, her main shtick (her 1) is useless the way it is now. Abilities with ticks take it off the first tick so any god that lays down dot dmg(ao, nu wa, ra, xb, etc) will make that ability useless. Any gods that can chain abilities or have low cds will also make her useless because of the cd time on said ability. The fact she is so squish and wont live to make it around for the next use on top of it being broken gonna make her stupid. I know I for one probably wont even touch her 1 until dead last.

zferolie
10-28-2014, 08:53 AM
The scaling is nice, but that wasn't Nox's main issue guys. She needs very slight tweeks in her ult, 1, and how darkness works I think. The 1 I think should inflict darkness to attackers, and perhaps increase the duration as it ranks up. The Ult should inflict darkness on cast and perhaps either give you a movement speed buff while linked or you steal movement speed. Last, Have darkness, you know actually do something darkness related, like limit your sight.

The main reason for these changes is so she can get darkness off during her ult without having to silence them, reducing the ult's overall damage.

The scaling is nice and I am glad they didn't actually increase the base numbers, but these non damaging changes are needed and I don't see why they didn't do it.

Nox is still gonna be useless, her main shtick (her 1) is useless the way it is now. Abilities with ticks take it off the first tick so any god that lays down dot dmg(ao, nu wa, ra, xb, etc) will make that ability useless. Any gods that can chain abilities or have low cds will also make her useless because of the cd time on said ability. The fact she is so squish and wont live to make it around for the next use on top of it being broken gonna make her stupid. I know I for one probably wont even touch her 1 until dead last.

Her one needs more. Chang'es 2 is everything Nox's is but better in every way. She needs something else. Longer duration, isn't destoryed by 1 shot, inflicts darkness, returns all the health she would have taken, SOMETHING to make it better.

CAPSLOCKFURY
10-28-2014, 08:55 AM

I agree she might still be bad this patch, but not for these reasons.

Rather, I think it's because her early game was already good, her lategame was already OK. Her midgame was where she suffered an inordinate amount, and nothing's really been changed about it.

SolaAesir
10-28-2014, 10:25 AM
I played with Nox after these changes and she feels a lot like a He Bo with even fewer escapes or control of the area around her but with slightly longer range. Late game her 2-3 combo was doing >1900 which seems like a lot for a two ability combo that's pretty easy to hit, especially with the low cooldown on her 3 so you're still able to put out decent damage in the fight after dropping your combo. I was building her Warlock's Sash, Pen Boots, Gem of Iso, Rod of Tahuti, Obsidian Shard, and Book of Thoth plus a red buff to get the >1900 ability combo so it's not like it was an nonviable build or missing penetration.

With no escape move she is just too slow. A Gem of Isolation is basically required for survival (drop her 3 at your feet as you run away to slow chasers), as is Sprint as an active in my opinion. Add in her squishyness + lack of escape and you also really need to get a Warlock's Sash or Ethereal Staff if you want to survive. That's a lot of "required" items before a god can survive a gank. She's a lot like Hel that way. Both have amazing potential but any jungler worth their speed buff is going to feed off them in the early game and prevent them from getting the items they need to move into the mid/late game.

I understand that it's probably too late to change the effects of her abilities (like making darkness add an effect like when XBal's ult is counting down) but she really needs changes or she's going to end up a pub-stomp god and completely ignored otherwise. Before going live I'd recommend dropping her scaling back down (& make base damage +20/level if you want to buff her damage) but buff her base speed from 350 to 360 (like Janus, Posidon, Vulcun, & Zhong Kui) and kick up her physical resists from 10(+2.6) to 13(+3) (like Vulcan & Kukulkan). Those are small changes you can (I assume) get into the PTS before the patch goes live and should help give her enough survivability to get through the laning phase with smart play without putting out completely ridiculous damage late-game.

Goobis
10-28-2014, 10:29 AM
What about that horrible buggy Anubis voicepack that was in the Pts???

NiceRageBro
10-28-2014, 10:41 AM
Baseline problems that have nothing to do with damage/scalings, she's like a mix of a less-good He Bo and less-good Chang'e rolled into one.

Flame of the Night (Passive) is like a bad Chaac passive. If it worked also off of her own skills, it may be better. She's pretty mana hungry as her wave clear needs several ability uses to clear throughout the whole game.

Shadow Barrier (1) is like a less good Chang'e Moonlit Waltz. It only stops damage from the first tick of the first ability, and then 90% of basic attacks. Moonlit Waltz also has a lower reuse timer (much lower at max rank) and a benefit for absorbing things. The 1 sec duration coupled with the one ability restriction and high cooldown means this isn't gonna be useful outside of blocking things like Ra snipes, Scylla ults, He Bo ults, that kind of single hit thing.

Nightfall Raven (2) is her main lane clear skill and has a pretty pitiful 140 base damage at max rank. The scaling was bumped but early to mid this is not gonna be very good. At 15 second cooldown also I just can't call this a good ability. Maybe if it were 14-10 like it were before at ranks 1-5. To make that He Bo comparison again, Water Sprout is 10 seconds at all ranks, much more damage, more scaling, better hard CC, easier to land.

Siphon Darkness (3) is a harder to land, far less damaging Water Cannon. It's more range but much harder to land. For it to even come close it has to be paired with landing her only hard CC, a moderately hard to land line shot with a 15 second cooldown (I thought it was slightly better when it was 14-10 based on rank). So essentially it's like a Water Cannon that can only do Water Cannon-ish damage every 15 (or less with cooldown reduction) seconds.

Night Terror (4) the ultimate, is quite risky. You have to stay quite close to someone or else it breaks, and for an ultimate which isn't that easy to land compared to most it has quite the cooldown of 90 seconds. The scaling on it's quite nice and I can think of many scenarios in which it COULD be useful, but again compared to most ultimates this is still harder to land and questionable in use, to make those He Bo and Chang'e comparisons again you can instantly bust theirs out for more damage and/or utility whereas this is really not much of a guarantee of anything.

So she's a very squishy character (less protections and hp growth than Agni!) with no escapes or mobility, no way to peel anyone off of her, a weak hard CC, very below mediocre/mediocre with base damages/scalings. Her skill shots aren't the easiest to land but not a huge payoff for them either.

The damage/scalings issue means her laning phase is going to be fairly bad and because of that it's hard to justify using her outside of the most casual of casual games in conquest. She's has the same base movement speed but is easier to gank than Anubis who doesn't get played competitively because of that issue, as otherwise he has the highest ability damage/scalings in the game.

I just don't know what this character is supposed to even be.

zferolie
10-28-2014, 10:42 AM
I played with Nox after these changes and she feels a lot like a He Bo with even fewer escapes or control of the area around her but with slightly longer range. Late game her 2-3 combo was doing >1900 which seems like a lot for a two ability combo that's pretty easy to hit, especially with the low cooldown on her 3 so you're still able to put out decent damage in the fight after dropping your combo. I was building her Warlock's Sash, Pen Boots, Gem of Iso, Rod of Tahuti, Obsidian Shard, and Book of Thoth plus a red buff to get the >1900 ability combo so it's not like it was an nonviable build or missing penetration.

With no escape move she is just too slow. A Gem of Isolation is basically required for survival (drop her 3 at your feet as you run away to slow chasers), as is Sprint as an active in my opinion. Add in her squishyness + lack of escape and you also really need to get a Warlock's Sash or Ethereal Staff if you want to survive. That's a lot of "required" items before a god can survive a gank. She's a lot like Hel that way. Both have amazing potential but any jungler worth their speed buff is going to feed off them in the early game and prevent them from getting the items they need to move into the mid/late game.

I understand that it's probably too late to change the effects of her abilities (like making darkness add an effect like when XBal's ult is counting down) but she really needs changes or she's going to end up a pub-stomp god and completely ignored otherwise. Before going live I'd recommend dropping her scaling back down (& make base damage +20/level if you want to buff her damage) but buff her base speed from 350 to 360 (like Janus, Posidon, Vulcun, & Zhong Kui) and kick up her physical resists from 10(+2.6) to 13(+3) (like Vulcan & Kukulkan). Those are small changes you can (I assume) get into the PTS before the patch goes live and should help give her enough survivability to get through the laning phase with smart play without putting out completely ridiculous damage late-game.

The PTS was back up? I tried yesterday and i couldn't get on.

I don't think her damage is the problem. The the scaling, it should make her decent. It's her ways she can control mages, she needs an increase in them. Making her sheild do Mana damage when she absorbs an ability, increasing the silence of her 2, making more abilities cast darkness and either do something simular to what you said or make it darken the sides and make it so your LoS range is shorter(not black per say, just hazy darkness.), and a Movement speed steal with her ult will let her become a better control mage as they are advertizing her as. These changes should be enough to make her viable without increasing her damage more.

And I was thinking of doing a semi tanky set. Boots, Warlock, Etherial rod, Gem of Iso, Void stone/shard, Tahuti. It would make her a pretty good anti mage, being able to tank anything a mage can dish out and return back with powerful pokes.

RippleApple
10-28-2014, 11:31 AM
I think HiRez needs to start thinking thoughts besides "Wouldn't this be cool?" when they make gods.

Seriously, who's actually behind your balancing and design? Some things should obviously not even make it onto the pts. If it's obvious within 2 minutes of play for most players then it should be obvious when you just look at the numbers and think about other gods already in the game.

You don't need to make your new gods overpowered but you also can't release them (even on the pts) with this little damage, mobility, control, tankiness and this much difficulty of use due to quality of life flaws just because of their uniqueness. Honestly releasing them like this is kind of a waste of time for those who bother to play the pts. Furthermore you get all sorts of feedback about the pts and how everyone wants some basic things besides just buffing her damage extremely mildly and you don't even pretend to listen about it.

She has fundamental problems with her kit. Those need to be resolved. Resolve them. Have a little foresight about scaling beforehand and what a god offers not just to competitive but casual as well. This is just pathetic and I can't see Nox doing anything but losing a lot of frustrated players a lot of games because of how weak she is as-is. Games are supposed to be fun, but instead of just intrinsically knowing what problems might arise it feels like none of you even plays the game there, which I know for a fact isn't true, and as a result you make some very poor decisions that lead to a lot of players just not having fun.

You need quicker responses. For new gods, I would suggest quicker patches just to balance them instead of making people wait weeks before fixes you know will help dramatically are implemented. Don't drag your heels. You've gotten plenty of feedback from people who know the game inside and out. Use it.

SolaAesir
10-28-2014, 11:32 AM
The damage/scalings issue means her laning phase is going to be fairly bad and because of that it's hard to justify using her outside of the most casual of casual games in conquest.

Her 2-3 combo has low enough cooldown that you can use it every wave and then use your 3 again or autos to clean up. The 3 has really low cost and does double damage when combined with the 2. I didn't have much of a problem with mana after level 5 or 6. She's pretty much like any other mage in that regard.

Level her 3-2-1-1-4 to start and then prioritize 4/1/3/2 since leveling her 3 & 2 doesn't really increase her damage but does increase her mana costs. This way by the time you level them you have the mana & MP5 to handle the extra costs and her 1 will be useful as quickly as possible.

I don't think her damage is the problem. The the scaling, it should make her decent.

I meant that her damage was too high in the late game with the additional scaling. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

It's her ways she can control mages, she needs an increase in them. Making her sheild do Mana damage when she absorbs an ability, increasing the silence of her 2, making more abilities cast darkness and either do something simular to what you said or make it darken the sides and make it so your LoS range is shorter(not black per say, just hazy darkness.), and a Movement speed steal with her ult will let her become a better control mage as they are advertizing her as. These changes should be enough to make her viable without increasing her damage more.

I agree that she's going to need some extra effects on her abilities to make her viable but I seriously doubt they'll be able to do that before the patch goes live so I was trying to offer some things they could do now that will let her be playable without being completely unbalanced in the late game (as the patch now stands).

Ideally I'd like to see darkness reduce vision range, her ult apply to damage ticks on cancelable channeled abilities (e.g. Taolu Assault, Anubis' kit) to give her some extra counter play, and possibly some sort of short (<0.5 sec) stun/root/fear/etc on her 2+3 combo to give her half a chance to escape ganks.

zferolie
10-28-2014, 11:59 AM
Her 2-3 combo has low enough cooldown that you can use it every wave and then use your 3 again or autos to clean up. The 3 has really low cost and does double damage when combined with the 2. I didn't have much of a problem with mana after level 5 or 6. She's pretty much like any other mage in that regard.

Level her 3-2-1-1-4 to start and then prioritize 4/1/3/2 since leveling her 3 & 2 doesn't really increase her damage but does increase her mana costs. This way by the time you level them you have the mana & MP5 to handle the extra costs and her 1 will be useful as quickly as possible.

I meant that her damage was too high in the late game with the additional scaling. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I agree that she's going to need some extra effects on her abilities to make her viable but I seriously doubt they'll be able to do that before the patch goes live so I was trying to offer some things they could do now that will let her be playable without being completely unbalanced in the late game (as the patch now stands).

Ideally I'd like to see darkness reduce vision range, her ult apply to damage ticks on cancelable channeled abilities (e.g. Taolu Assault, Anubis' kit) to give her some extra counter play, and possibly some sort of short (<0.5 sec) stun/root/fear/etc on her 2+3 combo to give her half a chance to escape ganks.

I actually did 3-2-1 for leveling, since I liked the extra poke her 3 does, even with the increased mana cost. I never got too much of her shield in the early games in the ones I played. I can see if being helpful to level it first though,

Oh she becomes too much damage late game with the scaling huh? I had a feeling increasing it too much would cause problems, but I thought 50% to the 3 would be fine.

Yeah I don't think they will do it for this patch anymore. I tried telling them a few times during the weekend yesterday, but I guess they only wanted to increase the damage before release...

Yeah the ult should apply damage for ticks, though at a reduced damage of course. Make the first tick do the normal, but each tick aftr do 10% of the damage, or else you would pretty much melt anyone with channeled abilities(poor anubis) Having a Fear actually isn't a bad idea in some way. Not sure how they would fit it into her kit though. Probably the best way to protect against ganks is her one, if she is actually mitigating all auto attacks for that duration. Perhaps when the shield bursts after an ability it fears anyone close to her for a second? I liked the idea of her shield turning some of the damage it mitigates as mana damage more myself, since it fits with the idea of controlling ability users. Her not being able to do anything about gankers may be a way to balance her.

TMRGeorgee
10-28-2014, 01:20 PM
Looking forward to it :)

SeductivePower
10-28-2014, 03:15 PM

I don't believe u..i rly don't.

Her 2: 140 (+75%)
Her 3: 120 (+50%) - 240 (+50%)

Other mages deal FAR MORE damage than her that means all other mages would deal the same amount of damage with 2 abilities and if so, it wouldn't be sth special!

I tested it on Ra bot and u deal around 1200-1300 damage with a 2-3 combo and full item build.

zferolie
10-28-2014, 03:29 PM
I don't believe u..i rly don't.

Her 3: 120 (+50%) - 240 (+50%)

Other mages deal FAR MORE damage than her that means all other mages would deal the same amount of damage with 2 abilities and if so, it wouldn't be sth special!

I tested it on Ra bot and u deal around 1200-1300 damage with a 2-3 combo and full item build.

I don't think she needs to be as bursty as other mages if her plan is to straight up control and stop them. Being able to do as much damage and be able to stop them seems over kill.

That being said, she needs more to ouyt right control them if they want to keep her damage as is.

Astraous
10-28-2014, 04:01 PM
I don't think she needs to be as bursty as other mages if her plan is to straight up control and stop them. Being able to do as much damage and be able to stop them seems over kill.

That being said, she needs more to ouyt right control them if they want to keep her damage as is.

Hence the problem. She's a mage with very little burst, very little sustain, very little control, and no escape. She basically has 2 skills and an ultimate due to how pathetic her shield is, and gets completely wrecked by anything capable of brawling. (Including a few mages, warriors, assassins, and hunters). So considering how few gods she ACTUALLY counters (even in theory) she should at least be good at countering them. As it stands, though, unless the enemy feels like slitting their wrists after you ult, you're not going to do anything the whole game and basically just be a dead weight for your team to carry. Nox is not good, nor does she have the potential to be. Anyone who could do even moderately well with Nox could do far better as an actually balanced mage.

zferolie
10-28-2014, 04:10 PM
Hence the problem. She's a mage with very little burst, very little sustain, very little control, and no escape. She basically has 2 skills and an ultimate due to how pathetic her shield is, and gets completely wrecked by anything capable of brawling. (Including a few mages, warriors, assassins, and hunters). So considering how few gods she ACTUALLY counters (even in theory) she should at least be good at countering them. As it stands, though, unless the enemy feels like slitting their wrists after you ult, you're not going to do anything the whole game and basically just be a dead weight for your team to carry. Nox is not good, nor does she have the potential to be. Anyone who could do even moderately well with Nox could do far better as an actually balanced mage.

She has the potential if the buff the control parts of her kit, with some of the suggestions myself and others have said.

As of right now, with her current kit, she is still a decent mage counter, but needs to build more defensive, lots of HP with staff to get herself at the 400's attack range. not amazingly high for a mage but should be enough to do her job as a anti-mage mage till they buff her control part

SeductivePower
10-28-2014, 04:37 PM
She has the potential if the buff the control parts of her kit, with some of the suggestions myself and others have said.

As of right now, with her current kit, she is still a decent mage counter, but needs to build more defensive, lots of HP with staff to get herself at the 400's attack range. not amazingly high for a mage but should be enough to do her job as a anti-mage mage till they buff her control part
Could u explain to me how she counters mages when she has literally no dmg to kill another mages? No player will be so stupid to cast skills when they are linked and the rest of her kit is just trash! No dmg, no cc, no mobility, no survivability.

SeductivePower
10-28-2014, 04:43 PM

How does she stop them...how??? The only thing she may be has is her ult, but the link breaks faster than chips! She has nothing to kill other gods...NOTHING. While Nox deals maybe 1200 dmg with 2-3 combo (1 time every 15 sec) others deal 1200 dmg with 1 single skill and without a combo! Nox would die even she's linked with an enemy, cuz her dmg output is so extremely low! Every He Bo, every Scylla,.. kills her with 2 or 3 spells even they are linked! So what does she counter? Nothing!

RippleApple
10-28-2014, 05:11 PM
How does she stop them...how??? The only thing she may be has is her ult, but the link breaks faster than chips! She has nothing to kill other gods...NOTHING. While Nox deals maybe 1200 dmg with 2-3 combo (1 time every 15 sec) others deal 1200 dmg with 1 single skill and without a combo! Nox would die even she's linked with an enemy, cuz her dmg output is so extremely low! Every He Bo, every Scylla,.. kills her with 2 or 3 spells even they are linked! So what does she counter? Nothing!

She counters Hel, and Tyr, and... Yeah. Ullr can just autoattack her. So just Hel and Tyr.

SeductivePower
10-28-2014, 05:19 PM
She counters Hel, and Tyr, and... Yeah. Ullr can just autoattack her. So just Hel and Tyr.

Lol yeah true...as if Hel wouldn't have enough counters xD (including items)

LightBrawler
10-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Vulcan's voice pack being changed saddens me a lot... T.T
It was fine as it is. It didn't need to be changed.

CAPSLOCKFURY
10-28-2014, 07:10 PM
Her 3: 120 (+50%) - 240 (+50%).

Her 3 is 240+100%.

Still, to do 1900 damage with the combo that means you'd have to hit 868 MP and be dealing true damage. Still unlikely.

SeductivePower
10-28-2014, 07:33 PM
Her 3 is 240+100%.

Still, to do 1900 damage with the combo that means you'd have to hit 868 MP and be dealing true damage. Still unlikely.

No it's only (+50%) dmg..i've tested it. I had over 700 MP: my raven dealt around 507 dmg and the 3 dealt 377+ another 377 dmg...if there'd be (+100%), the dmg would be higher.

zferolie
10-28-2014, 07:42 PM
I was saying she doesn't really counter them too well right now, but the idea of her IS to counter them. Thats why she needs more changes then just damage buffs

NiceRageBro
10-28-2014, 07:47 PM
No it's only (+50%) dmg..i've tested it. I had over 700 MP: my raven dealt around 507 dmg and the 3 dealt 377+ another 377 dmg...if there'd be (+100%), the dmg would be higher.

CAPSLOCKFURY is right. It does the same damage twice. Two different numbers. It is in fact 120 + 50% and 120 + 50%, as it does the damage twice rather than just adding bonus to the base as some other things might. So yes, it's 240+100% when they have the darkness debuff on them... but seeing as this is Water Cannon-like damage in the lategame every 15 seconds (or less depending on CDR) and harder to land both shots to set it up, I don't think it's that good. I would trade higher base damage and scaling for the bonus damage with darkness being lower.

As I said in my first post in this thread, Nox is essentially a not-as-good He Bo and Chang'e rolled into one, easier to gank than both of them, with an ult that may have some utility but is also kind of hard to land for its reuse timer and doesn't have the kind of immediate, guaranteed payoff theirs does.

She needs work for sure. I'm sure there will be people complaining about how "OP" she is just like with release Cabrakan (who was also awful) because she's new and almost no one knows how she works in pub games, but as is she's pretty bad even after these minor changes.

To summarize: Easier to gank than Anubis without any real threat that an Anubis can pose if you just dive her. Weaker Chang'e and He Bo like skills that are harder to land or make use of. Ultimate that may need something a bit extra (maybe a 5-10% max mana drain per second linked?) and maybe more range before it breaks when linked.

SolaAesir
10-28-2014, 07:53 PM
Her 3 is 240+100%.

Yeah, the 1900 was without taking resists into account but building with Pen Boots and an Obsidian Shard you're going to be dealing close to true damage unless they've built quite a bit of magic resist. People saying she's not a burst mage clearly haven't played her into late-game with the recent change, which isn't a surprise given how hard it is to get her into late-game.

Her 2 is 140+70%
Her 3 is 120+50% doubled after hitting the 2
Her 2-3 combo hits for 380+170%

The build I was running had a little over 900 magical power (380 + (900*1.7) = 1910 for the combo) and 15+33% magical penetration. If they're running without extra magic protection they'll have 5 MR, if there's a Sov in the mix they'll have 12MR, both of which are pretty negligible.

SolaAesir
10-28-2014, 08:08 PM
but seeing as this is Water Cannon-like damage in the lategame every 15 seconds (or less depending on CDR) and harder to land both shots to set it up, I don't think it's that good.

The combo doesn't seem that hard to land. Her 2 is pretty wide making it a lot easier to hit than Kuk's Zephyr and with the required Gem of Isolation in her kit it's pretty easy to land the 3 right after since the 1s silence on her 2 means they can't jump or dash away.

But yeah, she's susceptible to ganks and easy to tower dive early because she has low health, low movement speed, no escape skills, very low base damage, and high cooldowns on her defensive skills. Simply increasing her base stats for movement speed and physical protections to match Vulcan's would help a lot since he also doesn't have an escape but still manages to survive in lane with smart play and warding.

SeductivePower
10-28-2014, 08:11 PM
Yeah, the 1900 was without taking resists into account but building with Pen Boots and an Obsidian Shard you're going to be dealing close to true damage unless they've built quite a bit of magic resist. People saying she's not a burst mage clearly haven't played her into late-game with the recent change, which isn't a surprise given how hard it is to get her into late-game.

Her 2 is 140+70%
Her 3 is 120+50% doubled after hitting the 2
Her 2-3 combo hits for 380+170%

The build I was running had a little over 900 magical power (380 + (900*1.7) = 1910 for the combo) and 15+33% magical penetration. If they're running without extra magic protection they'll have 5 MR, if there's a Sov in the mix they'll have 12MR, both of which are pretty negligible.

Which items did u use to get over 900 MP? Or did u use buffs as well?

SeductivePower
10-28-2014, 08:14 PM
CAPSLOCKFURY is right. It does the same damage twice. Two different numbers. It is in fact 120 + 50% and 120 + 50%, as it does the damage twice rather than just adding bonus to the base as some other things might. So yes, it's 240+100% when they have the darkness debuff on them... but seeing as this is Water Cannon-like damage in the lategame every 15 seconds (or less depending on CDR) and harder to land both shots to set it up, I don't think it's that good. I would trade higher base damage and scaling for the bonus damage with darkness being lower.

As I said in my first post in this thread, Nox is essentially a not-as-good He Bo and Chang'e rolled into one, easier to gank than both of them, with an ult that may have some utility but is also kind of hard to land for its reuse timer and doesn't have the kind of immediate, guaranteed payoff theirs does.

She needs work for sure. I'm sure there will be people complaining about how "OP" she is just like with release Cabrakan (who was also awful) because she's new and almost no one knows how she works in pub games, but as is she's pretty bad even after these minor changes.

To summarize: Easier to gank than Anubis without any real threat that an Anubis can pose if you just dive her. Weaker Chang'e and He Bo like skills that are harder to land or make use of. Ultimate that may need something a bit extra (maybe a 5-10% max mana drain per second linked?) and maybe more range before it breaks when linked.

Hmm so why did i only deal 377+377 dmg if there's a (+100%) scaling. Remember i had over 700 mp.

NiceRageBro
10-28-2014, 08:24 PM
The combo doesn't seem that hard to land. Her 2 is pretty wide making it a lot easier to hit than Kuk's Zephyr and with the required Gem of Isolation in her kit it's pretty easy to land the 3 right after since the 1s silence on her 2 means they can't jump or dash away.

Kukulkan's Zephyr is not as wide but is probably the fastest-moving and firing line shot in the game. If you are on target you are almost guaranteed to land it. His Zephyr vs. most all other line shots is like the difference between Chronos' delayed Time Rift and He Bo and Janus' instant cast Water Sprout and Portal which will instantly appear where your targeter was, making landing them incredibly easy compared to a delayed skill like Chronos Time Rift or Nox Siphon Darkness.

Also, I don't think Gem of Isolation will be a good pickup on her, especially if things like Spear of the Magus, cooldown boots and Chronos Pendant/Breastplate of Valor are in play. She'll end up with pretty low power endgame which won't be doing her any favors if you're building low power items like Gem of Isolation.

Hmm so why did i only deal 377+377 dmg if there's a (+100%) scaling. Remember i had over 700 mp.

Protections likely, especially if you were doing vs. Ra bot since he builds a Void Stone. Not all mages can stack enough pen to get rid of all baseline protections and most of minor items like Void Stone and still remain viable.

The only way to get over 900 power for most mages is to use stacking items in an implausible build, fire giant buff, jungle power buff, and/or potions as well. Most mages are gonna have something like 500-700 power full build.

SolaAesir
10-28-2014, 10:32 PM

I was building her Warlock's Sash, Pen Boots, Gem of Iso, Rod of Tahuti, Obsidian Shard, and Book of Thoth plus a red buff to get the >1900 ability combo so it's not like it was an nonviable build or missing penetration.

It was a pretty standard burst or midlaner build, similar to what I build on Scylla except for the Gem of Isolation rather than a Bancroft's.

Scottyxz
10-28-2014, 10:49 PM
Please don't tell me you kept anubis's "new" voice pack

BrokenInsanity
10-29-2014, 06:55 AM
Looking forward to playing the new god to mastery 1 today ^.^

regmckie
10-29-2014, 08:07 AM
Looking forward to playing the new god to mastery 1 today ^.^

She comes out today? But her god reveal isn't even here yet...

zferolie
10-29-2014, 10:33 AM
She comes out today? But her god reveal isn't even here yet...

well its out now, both nox and video... sadly I can't play her till after work :(

Mánagarmr
10-29-2014, 11:59 AM
I must ask, is Nox some kind of practical joke? She does a maximum of 300 damage BEFORE PROTECTIONS at lvl 20 endgame gear. Her three is WAAAAY too hard to hit for the absolutely laughable damage it does. What was the idea behind Nox anyway? She doesn't do anything useful in any situation. You want silence? Get freaking Hades, he at least DOES something.

Her silence is even the shortest freaking silence ever. ONE grand second? Are you joking?

RippleApple
10-29-2014, 12:01 PM
Want silence? Get Isis.

Want poke? Get Isis.

Want a damaging ult? Get Isis.

Want better waveclear? Get Isis.

Want more mobility? Get Isis.

Want sustainability? Get Isis.

...What was the point of Nox again???

zferolie
10-29-2014, 12:08 PM
I must ask, is Nox some kind of practical joke? She does a maximum of 300 damage BEFORE PROTECTIONS at lvl 20 endgame gear. Her three is WAAAAY too hard to hit for the absolutely laughable damage it does. What was the idea behind Nox anyway? She doesn't do anything useful in any situation. You want silence? Get freaking Hades, he at least DOES something.

Her silence is even the shortest freaking silence ever. ONE grand second? Are you joking?

She is supposed to counter ability mages. You can't play her like a burst mage. She is decent, but i think she needs a little love, which hopefully she will get.

Granted I only played her pTS, so can't say how she is RIGHT now.

Mánagarmr
10-29-2014, 12:33 PM
Want silence? Get Isis.

Want poke? Get Isis.

Want a damaging ult? Get Isis.

Want better waveclear? Get Isis.

Want more mobility? Get Isis.

Want sustainability? Get Isis.

...What was the point of Nox again???
Or get Hades. Hades is TONS better than Nox. Nox is just useless.

Mánagarmr
10-29-2014, 12:34 PM
She is supposed to counter ability mages. You can't play her like a burst mage. She is decent, but i think she needs a little love, which hopefully she will get.

Granted I only played her pTS, so can't say how she is RIGHT now.

"a little love"? She does nothing. Her silence is pitiful and that's the only useful thing she brings to a fight. Other than that, she is completely ignorable as she does less damage than freaking minions and has no escape, no chase, no peel or anything that makes you need to care about her.

zferolie
10-29-2014, 01:20 PM
"a little love"? She does nothing. Her silence is pitiful and that's the only useful thing she brings to a fight. Other than that, she is completely ignorable as she does less damage than freaking minions and has no escape, no chase, no peel or anything that makes you need to care about her.

I think you are over reacting a little. When I played her in PTS I was easily able to out push most of the midlaners I went against... The constant high damage poke and silence meant they couldn't do anything. I ulted as soon as I knew they wanted to push me hard, stopping their advance cold as they either backed up or got burned down.

She needs some help though. A longer silence is good, make her ult slightly harder to escape from, and perhaps making her darkness limit vision

Mánagarmr
10-29-2014, 01:47 PM
I think you are over reacting a little. When I played her in PTS I was easily able to out push most of the midlaners I went against... The constant high damage poke and silence meant they couldn't do anything. I ulted as soon as I knew they wanted to push me hard, stopping their advance cold as they either backed up or got burned down.

She needs some help though. A longer silence is good, make her ult slightly harder to escape from, and perhaps making her darkness limit vision

I'd like some more damage on her 2, make the silence 2 seconds scaling up 3 even. The three is meh, dunno how to do anything about. Make it pop faster so it's easier to land? Her ult needs to reach a lot further and not just instabreak. It needs to be easier to hit and definitely come out immediately, like Chang'es ultimate. The delay it has now is infuriating.

zferolie
10-29-2014, 02:02 PM
I'd like some more damage on her 2, make the silence 2 seconds scaling up 3 even. The three is meh, dunno how to do anything about. Make it pop faster so it's easier to land? Her ult needs to reach a lot further and not just instabreak. It needs to be easier to hit and definitely come out immediately, like Chang'es ultimate. The delay it has now is infuriating.

Perhaps those are still prblems. I am not going to argue more untill I play current nox tonight. you may be right, just want to confirm myself

JeboTeLed
10-29-2014, 06:21 PM
what's up with servers? it keeps downloading 370MB whole time?

BobbyJee
10-29-2014, 09:07 PM
Hirez ! PLZ can you put a Québec Flag player icon in next patch ? lots of french canadians playing this game ;) Thanx :P

Nigadry
10-29-2014, 09:19 PM
Ok let me address the problem with nox and her sub par kit, only 1 skill inflicts her darkness, zero ways to defend herself against AA gods and no type of escape. So I suggest her shield be removed and worked into a dash. The dash doesn't have to do damage and the CD can stay around 16-18 second and NOT scale down. This dash will inflict darkness on anybody she passes through this way she can actually get out of bad situations with her zero mobility and maybe even help he damage as it combos with her 3 just like her 2. It would give her a sort of agni feel (dash way while inflicting darkness then 3, then 2 and another 3 to top it off). the shield is a horrible idea because regardless of what it blocks she has no mobility or damage to back it up she will still be in there same place, unlike chang'e who has the mobility and immunity with heals, nem with damage and a dash, geb with the cleanse and large HP pool it gives, and Odin with the life and damage it inflicts. Its just a bad ability for her.

RippleApple
10-29-2014, 09:35 PM
If the shield gave total damage immunity and cc immunity at rank 1 and decreased the cooldown with each subsequent rank then that would justify it being one second long.

If her waveclear cleared the wave comparably to Isis at level 1 but with high base damage and low scaling, then she could actually use her 2 poke and to out-damage the enemy instead of clear the wave.

If her poke did small base damage but high scaling then she'd be decent the whole game, since her 2 in this scenario would fall off as her 3 would come into play. I'm talking something like 40/50/60/70/80 with 40%/60%/80%/100%/120% scaling. A major buff to scaling on her 3.

If her ult lasted 10 seconds and silenced them for 3 seconds then maybe it wouldn't be countered by nonchalantly walking away from them. Silencing gives you time to attack them without harming their mobility too much. Having an extremely long timer counters the fact that a silence shuts down its main damage and she would have two silences in this situation.

As for her passive, I would suggest changing it altogether. The idea is ridiculously hard to take advantage of for how little mana it saves you. Simple but interesting idea: Make it so for every minute the god is alive her candles are lit by one, up to four. For every one lit her attack speed increases by 5%, up to 20%.

That way her ult becomes a boxing ult. Which balances her out in case she needs to use her ult on an autoattack god. Furthermore it lets her damage her opponent if they choose not to use any skills during her ult. More than that, it would help her waveclear early on, and more than that, it would probably make more sense considering how candles are lit... at certain times of day. With the passage of time.

zferolie
10-30-2014, 10:09 AM
After playing and experimenting with Nox, I can say with honesty that Damage is NOT an issue with her. Perhaps you guys are not building her correctly I can easily wave clear early to late game, even if it may take 2 3's plus a 2. I am still wave clearing decently and doing quite a good poke to them. Late game I can do 2-3 combo and bring many mages/hunters/assassins to half or more.

I build Book of Thoth, Shoes of Magi, Polynomicon, Gem of Iso, Rod of Tahuti, filler. I get easily 700ish power thanks to Nox's naturally high Mana, and with the short cooldown of 3 you will be constantly procing Poly's passive, doing so much extra damage.

She does not need an escape/dash at all. Give her that and she becomes unbalanced. Gods have weakness, and her mobility and trouble with AA gods is that weakness. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Not saying she doesn't need buffs. I would like her 1 to do more then just mitigate damage, even if it has saved my butt so many times, and her ult needs a little something else and it's a little too hard to hit and escape from. But she isn't trash tier and her kit isn't trash. Just needs a little tweeks here and there, but damage is NOT it.

Nigadry
10-30-2014, 12:26 PM
After playing and experimenting with Nox, I can say with honesty that Damage is NOT an issue with her. Perhaps you guys are not building her correctly I can easily wave clear early to late game, even if it may take 2 3's plus a 2. I am still wave clearing decently and doing quite a good poke to them. Late game I can do 2-3 combo and bring many mages/hunters/assassins to half or more.

I build Book of Thoth, Shoes of Magi, Polynomicon, Gem of Iso, Rod of Tahuti, filler. I get easily 700ish power thanks to Nox's naturally high Mana, and with the short cooldown of 3 you will be constantly procing Poly's passive, doing so much extra damage.

She does not need an escape/dash at all. Give her that and she becomes unbalanced. Gods have weakness, and her mobility and trouble with AA gods is that weakness. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Not saying she doesn't need buffs. I would like her 1 to do more then just mitigate damage, even if it has saved my butt so many times, and her ult needs a little something else and it's a little too hard to hit and escape from. But she isn't trash tier and her kit isn't trash. Just needs a little tweeks here and there, but damage is NOT it.

You are delusional man, just face the fact she is a bad character. Why would you bring nox into a game? what does she provide that other mages cant? Her damage is horribly low, her shield is THE worst skill in the game. Her only damage comes from her darkness debuff+her spammable 3, why does only 1 of her skills apply that? The ult is worthless on anyone other than a mage with spammable skills and even then they can outburst the link's damage to you. She doesnt fit in the game at all, the role of mage killers belong to assassins and they do it waaay more efficiently. Essentially all mages kind of suffer from AA gods bashing their faces in but most have some type of defense ie stun, root, knock up/back, speed buff, slow al she has is a bad shield and a silence which doesnt stop AA's in the slightest

zferolie
10-30-2014, 01:00 PM
You are delusional man, just face the fact she is a bad character. Why would you bring nox into a game? what does she provide that other mages cant? Her damage is horribly low, her shield is THE worst skill in the game. Her only damage comes from her darkness debuff+her spammable 3, why does only 1 of her skills apply that? The ult is worthless on anyone other than a mage with spammable skills and even then they can outburst the link's damage to you. She doesnt fit in the game at all, the role of mage killers belong to assassins and they do it waaay more efficiently. Essentially all mages kind of suffer from AA gods bashing their faces in but most have some type of defense ie stun, root, knock up/back, speed buff, slow al she has is a bad shield and a silence which doesnt stop AA's in the slightest

She has faults that need working, but she is not trash tier. She's not in the position of Old arachne(who I loved but i admit she had to work hard to be good) and Old Odin. She can still hold her own and do her job decently.

Comparing her to assassins is just unfair. Nox is not meant to just shut down mages, she is meant to shut down all ability users, but she does need some help to do it better. Can an Assassin pretty much remove the guardian from a fight for a full 5 seconds? PRetty much shut down Hel when you ult her, and so on. Yes an assassin can just walk up crit crit crit dead, but honestly.... thats boring. Hirez is doing something new for the game and while it's not fully polished everyone is pretty much crying worst god every just make her the same as every god damn burst mage in the game,

RippleApple
10-30-2014, 01:26 PM
They literally described her as an anti-mage. That's what they were trying for going in.

Every assassin shuts down Hel if they get in range of her.

Not every mage is a burst mage, look at Freya, she's very viable (some consider her OP) and she's an autoattack mage.

If her ult did percentage of health in true damage then she'd shut down guardians but it doesn't, so it can be mitigated, so she's not a guardian-killer either.

Different doesn't mean GOOD. Different can mean good OR bad. In this case, different means bad. In chronos and freya's case, it means good. Poseidon is more about control than burst as well, so in his case it also means good. Look at Isis, her 1 isn't burst damage and two of her abilities are more about cc than damage. She's different but very viable, and thus good.

Nox is bad. Different and bad.

zferolie
10-30-2014, 01:33 PM
They literally described her as an anti-mage. That's what they were trying for going in.

Every assassin shuts down Hel if they get in range of her.

Not every mage is a burst mage, look at Freya, she's very viable (some consider her OP) and she's an autoattack mage.

If her ult did percentage of health in true damage then she'd shut down guardians but it doesn't, so it can be mitigated, so she's not a guardian-killer either.

Different doesn't mean GOOD. Different can mean good OR bad. In this case, different means bad. In chronos and freya's case, it means good. Poseidon is more about control than burst as well, so in his case it also means good. Look at Isis, her 1 isn't burst damage and two of her abilities are more about cc than damage. She's different but very viable, and thus good.

Nox is bad. Different and bad.

I thought in the dev talk they said they went in wanting to make her an anti ability mage.

Yes she is... bad. Viable, but bad... I don't think her whole kit needs to be redone from the ground up and I think she can be viable as of right now, but she won't be seen professionally if she is kept as is.

I just don't think out right attacking her kit and screaming at hirez(not that you are, but I am seeing it) is the best thing to do. Point out her issues, make suggestions, and try to make her work as best as possible right now.

RippleApple
10-30-2014, 01:57 PM
Lots of people made this suggestion: "Please don't release her how she is now."

That suggestion has since changed to: "Please remove her from the game until she's fixed."

zferolie
10-30-2014, 02:20 PM
Lots of people made this suggestion: "Please don't release her how she is now."

That suggestion has since changed to: "Please remove her from the game until she's fixed."

Removing or not releasing her would have hurt Hirez more then just releasing her then buffing her. I wished they took some of our suggestions during the PTS other then just more damage scaling though.

I think they wanted to release her so they have a bit of a buffer between her and Ao, since he is al ready but being first out in china. They will probably buff Nox once they release Ao, like the did with Cabrakan, was was also pretty bad at first launch.

RippleApple
10-30-2014, 03:02 PM
The same could be said about Sonic 06. Yet not releasing that so soon probably would've helped it a lot.

Deadlines kill franchises. Sometimes you have to send it through a second pass for quality control, because obviously they messed up the first pass.

zferolie
10-30-2014, 03:30 PM
The same could be said about Sonic 06. Yet not releasing that so soon probably would've helped it a lot.

Deadlines kill franchises. Sometimes you have to send it through a second pass for quality control, because obviously they messed up the first pass.

Well that was a full game, that should have been delayed. With nox so far I think a patch can fix it, like they have done in the past.

I also think they did push her back once. Pretty sure when they released Bakasura they wanted to release Nox, instead the released Baka a week before they normally do these patches, and then Nox 2 weeks later

RippleApple
10-30-2014, 03:40 PM
I don't really buy that, there's no reason for her balance to be this out of whack when given THAT much time to work on her unless their team was drunk or something when they made her.

zferolie
10-30-2014, 03:48 PM
I don't really buy that, there's no reason for her balance to be this out of whack when given THAT much time to work on her unless their team was drunk or something when they made her.

It's possible the way they played their testing is just different from how most people play? Not sure.

I wish they did more buffs or maybe took 1 more week, but we have her now. Removing her would hurt a lot. best for them to try to use this to get as much info and import as possible and fix what needs to be fixed. Give her more control and CC and make her 1 and ult better, and boom, she's very viable and strong.

Darkopale
10-30-2014, 04:43 PM
The good point is that you show us that you are listening what we are saying about NOX, it s a good start but with this patch you only did 5% of the work needed for NOX !!! Continu on this way, i m not asking for an over powered god, i know it is an hard work for you all, but the NOX you offered to us has nothing to be a good character and it is impossible to have fun when we are playing her because she needs so much more... hope you will think about it, keep her as unique as possible but in the good way this time, dont forget, she is the goddess of NIGHT !!! Show us what is the real power of the night as can be a real monster incarned by scylla ...

Lucid1ty
10-30-2014, 08:26 PM
Ugh please don't increase Nox's damage. She needs a more interesting mechanics design ESPECIALLY that passive. I have an idea http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?39302-Nox-How-she-SHOULD-be . She's just bland and nothing really unique ability wise.

Apophist
10-31-2014, 07:13 AM
Hirez can you please apply this patch!!!??

The scaling of nox didnt happen yet! This note is 4 days ago and nothing happend!!

I was calculating ingame nox's percentage!! Its still 40 and 50 %

And for all who think she is shit!?
Then you are just not able to play her! Got her on mastery 2 now and she does so **** much damage!!!
Two skills fullbuild and adc is dead in lategame!!
Just btw...

Please hurry i already love to play her she is awsome :D:D

THX

zferolie
10-31-2014, 10:53 AM

The scaling of nox didnt happen yet! This note is 4 days ago and nothing happend!!

Then you are just not able to play her! Got her on mastery 2 now and she does so **** much damage!!!
Just btw...

THX

Really? Well if that scaling is true then damn.

I just got rank 2 with her as well, and I don't think she is shit she just needs something more, Maybe not damage, but other stuff to her abilities. The idea Lucid posts has some very interesting stuff to it

Darkopale
10-31-2014, 09:21 PM

Just btw...

THX

Traduction : Hey guys, i had my first kill with nox after 200 games played with her, i am a pro now, you all noobs she is OP

:D

Veñom
11-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Oh my god, Nox IS the worst God ever, I can't find a more boring/useless God. I was exited at first and I spent my 11k favor to try her ( I've never bought a new God with 11k before) and I was very disapointed, I mean she's boring as hell, even if she does enough damage with her combo. She seriously needs a rework.

Her "1" is useless, it should be more interesting like Nemesis's shield/Chang'es or something. Her "2" is barely ok. Her "3" is annoying and requires you to hit the "2" first, it's hard to land but it's not the problem, it's just not fitting well. and finally her Ultimate.. and I thought Nu Wa's ult was the most boring of all Ultimates, but abviously I was wrong. ( Not to forget her non existent passive )

She definitly needs a rework with more interesting kit. ( Oh... and... she failed to fulfill her "intended" role as a "Mage counter" for sure )

Apophist
11-04-2014, 07:28 AM
Gods - Balance/Updates/Fixes

Nox
General
Ability effects have been updated
Nightfall Raven
Cooldown is now correctly 15s for each rank.
Increased scaling from 50% to 70%
Siphon Darkness
Increased scaling from 40% to 50%

Added a new icon for acquiring favor

Hirez when do u apply this scaling??
Her abilities are still 40, 50%

i am so sad :(

SeductivePower
11-04-2014, 10:14 AM
Hirez when do u apply this scaling??
Her abilities are still 40, 50%

i am so sad :(

Bad troll, srsly

Zoffyier
11-04-2014, 10:23 AM
I hope I don't get bullied from playing Nox again :v

Gawdesque
11-04-2014, 10:41 AM
Should think of remaking Ares as an actual god of war.

Apophist
11-04-2014, 12:24 PM
No not trolling!!

I actually love her!!
And i am very good with her!

If they would scale her up -> even better

PutaDelRey
11-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Easy kill, who doesn't love her when u face it ?

Ishiwar
11-05-2014, 09:35 AM
This patch is awesome, I like it a lot! thanks!! (especialy Nox buff :P )