PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: Oct 24th - The One Who Nox

HiRezKelly
10-24-2014, 04:50 PM
The One Who Nox

New Goddess Nox

Nox

Flame of the Night - Passive

Nox’s candles gather energy from all abilities used near her. For every ability cast near Nox (excluding her own) a new candle is lit. Once all 4 are lit, Nox's next casted ability costs no mana.

Shadow Barrier

Nox creates a barrier of night around herself for 1s that mitigates 50/60/70/80/90% damage from the next hostile ability that hits her. Basic attacks are also mitigated for the entire duration that the shield is up. Nox cleanses roots and slows while this ability is active. Cooldown: 20s. Cost: 70.

Nightfall Raven

Nox launches a raven that spreads night along its path. Every enemy it touches takes 100/110/120/130/140 damage +50% of your Magical Power, is silenced for 1s, and is Shrouded in Darkness. The Shroud of Darkness lasts for 5s. Cooldown 15s. Cost: 70/75/80/85/90.

Siphon Darkness

Nox targets the ground and attempts to consume all darkness in that area. Enemies who are standing in the target area take 80/90/100/110/120 damage +40% of your Magical Power. If a target is Shrouded In Darkness then it takes double the amount of damage. Cooldown: 3s. Cost: 50/55/60/65/70.

Night Terror

Nox links her shadow with an enemy player, dealing 150/160/170/180/190 damage +75% of your magical power. While linked with Nox, enemies take damage again every time they use an ability. Nox’s ability cooldowns are also reduced by 5s every time an enemy uses an ability while linked. The link is broken by moving out of range, or after 5s. Cooldown: 90s. Cost: 100.

New God Skins

Crimson Eclipse Nox
Orbital Strike Rama (Odyssey)
Infernal Agni (special reward for buying at least 12 Odyssey items).
Water Dancer Nu Wa (reserved for promotional purposes).
Cabrakan Golden, Legendary, and Diamond

New Voice Packs

Nox
Orbital Strike Rama
Infernal Agni

New Ward Skins and Player Icons

Country Flags - Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay, and Uruguay!
International 2014 Icon

Emotes

You can now purchase and play Emotes in the match lobby!
The following emotes have been added:

Bastet Wave + Clap
Chaac Wave + Clap
Change Wave + Clap
Chronos Wave + Clap
Geb Wave + Save the Earth
Guan Yu Wave + Clap
Hun Batz Special
Kumbhakarna Wave + Clap
Loki Wave + Clap
Mercury Wave
Ra Clap
Rama Wave
Sobek Furious
Sun Wukong Wave
Vulcan Wave + Clap
Zeus Wave

Updated Cards

Fenrir Frost Fang

Misc

We’ve added a new Daily Login Bonus system, that gives increasing rewards for logging in every day!
Added a new visual treatment for the end of match Victory and Defeat banners.
Fixed an issue where the game notification was not being hidden even though it was hidden through hud editor.
Numerous improvements to “Easy” difficulty Co-Op bot AI.
Fixed a rare issue where changing casting mode on some abilities would results in different interrupt handling.
Custom Matches

Host can now send players to Other Team in the pre-match room.
Fixed an issue where in Custom Arena matches you couldn’t choose to halt minion spawning.

Fixed an issue where shadows at certain settings levels would disappear.
Adjusted names on jungle camp followers to allow for improved stats tracking and game management.
Contro6ller Support

You can now modify the look sensitivity on gamepad controllers. This is currently .ini only, and not in the settings menu.
Shoulder modifier bindings now support multi-button presses. (ex: L1 + X).
If you want “press simultaneously” you will need to bind the reverse direction as well (so L1 + X and X + L1) so it will detect regardless of order.
New default bindings have been added.

Items

Fixed the following items not showing under correct filters in the item shop:

Ancile, Runeforged Hammer, Sovereignty, Ichaival.

Magi’s Blessing

Fixed an issue where Banish would cancel channeled abilities if Magi’s Blessing passive was activated.

Odysseus Bow

New sound FX.

Gods - Balance/Updates/Fixes

Ah Muzen Cab

AMC needed an upward adjustment, and one area we’ve had consistent feedback is that his Ultimate “feels clunky”. Adjusting his casting time not only helps him feel more fluid, but also will increase accuracy for the projectile shot as the timing is more immediate. This adjustment also reduces the time that you cannot fire basic attacks, which the bee heavily relies on.
Stinger

Casting time reduced from 0.6s to 0.35s.
Physical damage scaling increased from 100% to 110%.

Bacchus

Belly Flop

Fixed an issue that caused this to not deal damage if he landed in a cripple.

Bakasura

Take Down

Fixed a bug which allowed you to cancel the leap after casting.

Bastet

Pounce

Can no longer proc Hydra’s Lament on a return pounce.

Chang’e

Jade Rabbit

Now mourns Chang’e’s death. (fixed death audio lines)

Cupid

This bug has been fixed. We will be evaluating Cupid for future adjustments to compensate as needed.
Share the Love

Fixed a bug which was making hearts heal for an additional 3% per stack of lovestruck rather than an additional 2% per stack.

Fenrir

Ragnarok

Fixed an issue where he could use Blink during ability

Geb

We’ve put significant efforts into bringing Guardians back strong into the meta this year, and Geb has enjoyed a long period of high potency in the guardian role. With the ability to purge hard CC, it was a bit much for Stone Shield to also provide long duration immunity to Knockback. Because knockback cannot be purged, Stone Shield is inherently less effective against that type of CC, and the goal of this change is to allow for more counter picks to Geb from gods that rely on knockback.
Stone Shield

This shield no longer provides Knockback protection.

Hel

Hel has always been a stance dancer that excels in the laning phase. Her ability to control the tempo of the game relies heavily on frenetic casting of her abilities. This change allows Hel to cast almost immediately after changing stances. Note, the stance cooldown of 2 second has not been adjusted.
Switch Stances

Recovery time reduced from 1s to 0.2s.
Changing stances will not reset Hel’s basic attack progression.

Janus

Threshold

There is now a visual FX on Janus and Allies when they are affected by Threshold’s speed buff.

Ne Zha

General

Fixed Clap emote

Ra

While Ra does not enjoy a true “escape” ability, his passive in conjunction with Divine Light was providing too much safety, especially once the laning phase ended. Our goal with this set of adjustments is to amplify Ra’s weaknesses, while maintaining his strength as a hybrid burst/utility mage.
Speed of Light

Movement speed bonus reduced from 8% per cast to 6% per cast.

Divine Light

Slow now ticks every 0.5s instead of every 0.3s.
Magical Damage Scaling reduced from 40% to 30%.

Sun Wukong

Both changes to Sun Wukong are intended to make him more effective in the laning phase. Minion hit reactions will reduce the damage he takes (especially from archers) by interrupting minion attacks, putting it in line with most abilities in SMITE. The additional damage versus minions and jungle camps will open up the possibility of the Jungle and Solo roles to the Sage.
General

Added minion hit reactions to The Magic Cudgel, Master’s Will, and Somersault Cloud.
Updated the Dark Lord skin to play additional voice lines that were missing.

The Magic Cudgel

This ability now does an extra +20% damage to minions and jungle camps.

Tyr

No more Tyrs, only Cleave now. This buff is intended to help Tyr heal against single targets, a current weakness in the later stages of the game. We will continue to evaluate Tyr, especially Guard Stance Fearless, in future releases.
Power Cleave (Guard Stance)

Tyr now heals twice for the first enemy hit, and once more for each additional enemy.
Healing reduced from 30/50/70/90/110 to 25/45/65/85/105 per target (max 3).

Zhong Kui

Expose Evil

Updated tooltip to correctly state “40% of remaining damage is done instantly” instead of 50%.

Grougaloragran
10-24-2014, 05:09 PM
So, after maxing Nox's 1 is there any point in putting points in any of her other skills?

Zoldrage
10-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Tyr getting buffs omg omg omg omg yeeeees

Highfive

RippleApple
10-24-2014, 06:28 PM
Good patch.

JIeBuc
10-24-2014, 06:33 PM
So, after maxing Nox's 1 is there any point in putting points in any of her other skills?

Intresting question. Her 2 dont rly need 40 damage update, but her 3 maybe a bit...its something like big hole aoe and thats could be double damage. But...only 80? Even aoe and 3s cd, but also bigger mana price. Probably they should change it a bit. Look at changa, she has immune for everything and still healing, antihealing. Maybe bigger basic damage, but lower %? Her cd is rly low so it ll be the same damage. But this way maybe plr ll prefer some bruiser style build.

Quite complex system. With so low cd quite hard to get correct scaling.

SeventhArchon
10-25-2014, 01:04 AM
Great design once again HiRez, just a few flaws.
- Putting points into her abilities 2-4 is nearly worthless.
- Her Ult scaling is too high. Something like 50 per cent of MP + 150/175/200/225/250 would be better.

Love the AMC/Hel/Tyr buffs and the Geb/Ra nerfs.

Apophist
10-25-2014, 05:03 AM
Nice patch hirez cant wait for it!
Now agni gets his 5th or 6th skin and my chronos is still naked :/
Hope he gets some cloth further in the Odysse ;)

Nice Job hirez Team

Fantasy
10-25-2014, 09:58 AM
Just 2 quick notes, from the games i've played with Nox, shes awesome, nice job with her, shes fun to play and has some interesting mechanics but i do have one problem though... After leveling her 1 and 3, all her others barely scale into late game not even making any difference if you level them or not, making her have an pretty meh early game (really susceptible to ganks), an amazing mid game but a pretty shitty late game... To me she just scales in a really weird way that makes no sense, but whatever...

On another note, Wukongs buff is kinda useless... You could already clear a wave by leveling your 2 first and hitting them with your 1, and you have more damage against gods... His 1 will keep being the last skill to upgrade in my book since the 2 offers more damage vs the enemy god, has lower mana costs and his just as effective clearing waves

Audain
10-25-2014, 12:47 PM
for people who do not understand English the French version is here (http://smite-gaming.fr/patche-notes-nouvelle-deesse-nox/)

Pour les personnes Qui ne comprennent pas l'anglais la version fr est la !

regmckie
10-25-2014, 12:59 PM
I just want to say that I love the design for Nox! Awesome job, Hi-Rez!

BlueFast
10-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Nice, but I've noticed the Favor bar is the really similar, if not an exact copy of the one from LoL. Everything in this patch is good, and the SWK buff seems to not make a huge difference, but it does give me reason to level my 1 again :) AI for the bots has definitely gotten better. The only real problem is Orbital Strike Rama's voice, it's very quiet.

LoBo247
10-25-2014, 03:29 PM
"God buff/nerf centric patch"

"No Xbalaque fixes anywhere"

http://k18.kn3.net/socialphy/0/0/0/0/0/3/hernanbotbol/0A2.jpg?6502

DarkBunnies
10-25-2014, 07:53 PM
(PTS info for it hasnt gotten up, didnt know where else to put it) In my opinion Nox is really cool, and in PTS When i got 2 or 3v1ed i always came out alive, idk if its because she is OP or just because bots suck that much :/. Plus when i bought an item (in my opinion) it sounded like she said 'pervert' not 'perfect' Can't wait for her to come out :D!

Grougaloragran
10-26-2014, 08:37 AM
(PTS info for it hasnt gotten up, didnt know where else to put it) In my opinion Nox is really cool, and in PTS When i got 2 or 3v1ed i always came out alive, idk if its because she is OP or just because bots suck that much :/. Plus when i bought an item (in my opinion) it sounded like she said 'pervert' not 'perfect' Can't wait for her to come out :D!

Bots do suck that much.

Yivanna
10-26-2014, 10:20 AM
So with Nox scaling worse than some tanks, and not scaling with leveling, i was thinking defence, cdr might work. Other than that her scaling needs a buff.

TigrisCallidus
10-26-2014, 12:16 PM
So with Nox scaling worse than some tanks, and not scaling with leveling, i was thinking defence, cdr might work. Other than that her scaling needs a buff.

Thats not really true, her 3 has a REALLY low cooldown and has with the debuff from 2 a good scaling she is just more of a combo/burst mage herself.

If you hit your raven (2), you can hit the opponent twice with your 3 during the next 3 seconds for 80% of ability power.
With 25% cooldown reduction (or more) it is even possible to land 3 empowered 3s in less then 5 seconds making this in total 240% of ability power (+ 50% ability power of the 2).

This is in total up to 860 + 290% of ability power of damage (without an ultimate) in like 6 seconds.

SeductivePower
10-26-2014, 12:26 PM
Thats not really true, her 3 has a REALLY low cooldown and has with the debuff from 2 a good scaling she is just more of a combo/burst mage herself.

If you hit your raven (2), you can hit the opponent twice with your 3 during the next 3 seconds for 80% of ability power.
With 25% cooldown reduction (or more) it is even possible to land 3 empowered 3s in less then 5 seconds making this in total 240% of ability power (+ 50% ability power of the 2).

This is in total up to 860 + 290% of ability power of damage (without an ultimate) in like 6 seconds.

Pls stop trying to justify her weaknesses and her uselessness. Btw the 2 debuff lasts for only one 3 skillshot...u won't deal double damage twice.

Her 3 has 3 sec cooldown and? He Bo deals 290 (+80%) dmg instantly and Nox doesn't even deal half of it and she has a long delay on it. Her other cooldowns are broken as well....

STOP DEFENDING HER USELESSNESS SRSLY...she needs a buff and if she doesn't get any every team will be happy to fight against Nox, cuz she's useless.

Disquieted1
10-26-2014, 12:39 PM
You guys forgot to write down matchmaking.

Since Friday I've been matched with teammates that have no clue what they're doing, against a team of either parties or solo queues that actually have a knowledge of the game. I'm pulling my own weight and the only reason my KD becomes negative is because my teammates fed hard (somewhere around 0-5) and the snowball gets huge, team tries a teamfight so I join and get killed because team decides to retreat at 75% health.

As a result my win/loss has dropped from 58% to 49%. What happened to "fixes?"

TigrisCallidus
10-26-2014, 12:43 PM
Does it consume it? (It was not clear since it does not actively states that it consumes the debuff) Ok that makes her more reasonable, else her burst would be totally out of control.

Yes He Bos Water Canon deals more damage, BUT it has a much shorter range, making it more dangerous to use. (Also He Bo is one of the bigest bursty gods anyway).

She has an anti damage shield and a silence, and an punishing ultimate, granting her more survivability.

If you compare her with Chang'e as an example you will see, that it deals about half damage, with about half cooldown as her main damaging spell.

She has sustain (in form of damage reduction) similar to change and the secondary damaging spell deals about the same damage.

Also when you compare her with scylla you see that crush has a little bit more than double damage, on more than 3 times the cooldown!

And if you add the additional damage granted from her secondary damage spell to it, you will see it deals the same damage (with a longer cooldown) but is aoe (goes through minions) and deals another kind of CC.

Kukulkans Cephyr also deals double damage at (more than double) cooldown.

But I agree, that here ultimate and her 2 does not provide much by leveling up.
(Like reduced cooldown or something like that), but on the other hand, her Ultimate has a GREAT scaling even if the opponent only uses a single attack (150% ability power!) during the link.

@Disquieted1 so than matchmaking now works actually better!

Since in a perfect matchmaking everyone has 50% win percentage!

Disquieted1
10-26-2014, 01:01 PM

Matchmaking isn't supposed to be like this. It's supposed to make matches and make GOOD matches. I don't want to win by a huge margin to boost my win/loss to 50% and I don't want to lose by a huge margin to reduce my win/loss to 50%. I want to play a good, even match. That's what makes the game enjoyable and right now that's not happening.

To create a 50% win/loss in a better way... make good matches. Even matches. Matches with an equal chance of winning. That way, the teams decide who wins by performance, instead of matchmaking deciding the outcome because I have to carry a team of new players against an even solo queue.

Nigadry
10-26-2014, 01:08 PM
Nox's combo ability is lower than post nerf Nu Was... and that is saying something. Never call her a "burst mage" or say she has a bunch of sustain. The 90% reduction is on a long CD dont forget that. Shes a pretty bad mage and that is really evident fix her terrible scaling. The fact her 3 has a delay means it can be dodged much easier than He Bo's water cannon, while He Bo has to be at a closer range he does so much damage that person will most likely die anyway. Her Ult only sees any use against mages which isnt all that great when its gods with strong AA power that dominate the game.

SeductivePower
10-26-2014, 01:42 PM
Does it consume it? (It was not clear since it does not actively states that it consumes the debuff) Ok that makes her more reasonable, else her burst would be totally out of control.

Yes He Bos Water Canon deals more damage, BUT it has a much shorter range, making it more dangerous to use. (Also He Bo is one of the bigest bursty gods anyway).

She has an anti damage shield and a silence, and an punishing ultimate, granting her more survivability.

If you compare her with Chang'e as an example you will see, that it deals about half damage, with about half cooldown as her main damaging spell.

She has sustain (in form of damage reduction) similar to change and the secondary damaging spell deals about the same damage.

Also when you compare her with scylla you see that crush has a little bit more than double damage, on more than 3 times the cooldown!

And if you add the additional damage granted from her secondary damage spell to it, you will see it deals the same damage (with a longer cooldown) but is aoe (goes through minions) and deals another kind of CC.

Kukulkans Cephyr also deals double damage at (more than double) cooldown.

But I agree, that here ultimate and her 2 does not provide much by leveling up.
(Like reduced cooldown or something like that), but on the other hand, her Ultimate has a GREAT scaling even if the opponent only uses a single attack (150% ability power!) during the link.

Ye, He Bo has a shorter range that's why i said that Nox has a long delay on her 3...but it doesn't justify that crappy damage and crappy scaling. Her shield gives her sustain and is an anti mage tool? Ehm ok it lasts 1 sec, it mitigates 90% dmg at rank 5 and has a 20 sec cooldown. Now compare it to Chang'e's 2 pls..it lasts longer, gives movement speed (passive) and she moves forward. That shield is crap and not worth to skill it anyway as well as her other abilties. U WILL NOT WIN ANY 1v1 FIGHT WITH NOX. U can dodge her skills so easy, no problem and then she only has her 3 actually with that abnormal delay and ridiculous damage....well if Nox comes to the live servers like she is now, I won't play her and i'll rejoice when i play vs Nox.

TigrisCallidus
10-26-2014, 01:42 PM
She is AS STATED by de decs an anti combo mage kinda a magekiller if you want.
Also she has a quite nice mana sustain and even though her health sustain is not that big (20 seconds cooldown) she has some with her shield.

The ultimate has a great scaling even if the enemy only uses one ability (like if he wants to run away witha dash/jump etc).
Also in a teamfight when she ults a mage, he can either do nothing or die trying to do something.
And when the mage uses abilities her ability cooldown reduces so she can do quite a lot of damage!

SeductivePower
10-26-2014, 02:20 PM
Why has her ult a great scaling? (+75%) isn't that much for an ult...look at Scylla, He Bo, Vulcan, Janus, Kuku, Ra and others like Anubis with little scaling, but insane dmg with 1 stun + ult combo (2k dmg at least).

TigrisCallidus
10-26-2014, 02:24 PM
For each ability the opponent uses it gets ANOTHER 75% ability power scaling. So even if the opponent only uses 1 ability (like an escape) it deals 150% ability power as damage.

Disquieted1
10-26-2014, 02:56 PM
I'm back with an update about matchmaking.

I played 4 matches so far today. 1 win and 3 losses. I carried my own weight but my teammates just... I don't even know why. Before trolls say "get good," I jungle so I do everything junglers do: gank, provide buffs, farm, and so on. I've studied jungle extensively and can execute my strategies well. I set my team for success but they end up failing anyways.

I have not had a true GG for 2 weeks, where teams were even and the match could go either way.

So HiRez, please, for the love of God (see what I did there), fix.

SeductivePower
10-26-2014, 03:24 PM
For each ability the opponent uses it gets ANOTHER 75% ability power scaling. So even if the opponent only uses 1 ability (like an escape) it deals 150% ability power as damage.

I think u got something wrong lol U will NEVER deal (+150%) dmg...it's always (+75%) dmg...i don't know why u think u deal 150% dmg when an enemy uses an ability. But ok..i tested it on Ra bot and and u ALWAYS deal the same amount of damage.

DrewBlitzkrieg
10-26-2014, 03:59 PM
Tried her on PTS, I'm pretty sure someone (or many) have already pointed out that Nox lacks survivability yet her raven + Ult requires her to be pretty close range. The CD for her skills are alright but I feel like these improvements might actually make her more viable in the current meta.

Skill 1: Increase movement speed for 3 sec after shield is up for escapability and also to link maintain the tether for her ult. Or heal her for a portion of the damage mitigated, eg 50%. Or increase the shield time to 2-3 sec like Nemesis/Odin. Would also be cool if she had something like the old Nu Wa's fog, where she can hide in the darkness and sneak away.

Skill 2: Increase silence time to 2/3 sec. 1 sec is too short to do anything.

Skill 3: No problems with that, except her damage scaling could be higher. For a god thats so squishy and has no sustain, she should at least be scarier in terms of damage else she's a gank target.

Skill 4: Maybe a 5 sec silence would fit the kit better while also doing DoT damage while the tether is up. This would make her more anti-mage by zoning out one caster instead of forcing them to nuke her.

Astraous
10-26-2014, 05:14 PM
Going to put it here where the devs might actually see it.

1: Most useless ability I've ever seen, markedly worse than any other shield-esque ability in the game, doesn't make her any more tanky or give her any more survivability, really. 1s duration, 20s cd, no cc immunity, slow/root cleanse, 90% dmg reduction on one tick of damage. Very lazy in design for this one, can't believe it even made it into the PTS.
2: Not bad concept, horrible execution. Damage too low, CD too high, that's about it. If it's meant to be an initiator for a combo, at least have it have a 10s cd or lower because at the moment that's the only way Nox can even do below-average damage. Most of the time it's far below average.
3: Pretty good as-is, maybe a slight damage buff or power scaling increase.
4: Not the worst ultimate in the game, but for a mage (or anything, really), it's very disappointing and lackluster. Most of this God's kit is.

Please do something about this before next Wednesday.

DarthWarrax
10-26-2014, 08:07 PM
She is AS STATED by de decs an anti combo mage kinda a magekiller if you want.The problem to me is that this very concept (anti-mage mage) is useless. It is just too specific.
Without even talking about Nox, just the concept in general. Why would I use a god who is only good against mages (and even then, not all of them) and can do absolutely nothing against anything else, when there are already some assassins who are pretty decent against mages, and in addition can actually do something against other assassins or adc ? In a 5vs5 game you can't play a character who will be good against 1 enemy and totally useless against the 4 others.
Now considering Nox's kit, I strongly doubt she can counters mages better than every assassin. She deals poors damage, has no mobility (literally), no survivability (her shield is irrelevant, too short duration and absorbs only 1 tick), and no control (1 second silence is irrelevant).

RippleApple
10-26-2014, 09:10 PM
This is reminding me of release Serqet and how she did virtually no damage even if you landed all your skills and boxed the enemy for 5 seconds straight.

Vogita
10-26-2014, 10:20 PM
Why are you not a Hi-Rez Developer?

RippleApple
10-26-2014, 11:14 PM
This has got me thinking a little... she has a silence and a skill that prevents her from taking damage for a short period of time. The silence is built into her main waveclear skill.

Isn't that basically just a very weak, harder to use version of Isis? Isis has a silence that lasts a lot longer and is a lot easier to hit that synergizes very well with her stun, which is also her poke. She can use her 3 to protect herself from casts if it's timed well and immediately stun them while clearing the wave. Her silence also slows and reduces their protections... like. Yeah.

Nox has to use her 2 early on on the wave, then can easily clear the wave with her 3... but the silence wouldn't hit her target if she does that, and even if she used her 3 to waveclear (it would soak up all her mana very quickly but I suppose it can be done) and used her 2 to poke it's still easily sidestepped because of the width.

Meanwhile Isis is given MP5 and HP5 for free instead of having to play dangerously just to use one free skill out of several enemy skills cast... I don't understand. Nox is clearly inferior to Isis on so many levels.

Isis can do more damage, her poke is better and actually applies hard cc, she can silence easier and has an ult that actually has some amazing kill potential.

And her autoattacks occasionally do splash damage, which isn't the case for Nox. Nox's kit itself is so flawed. Even her autoattacks are inferior.

SeductivePower
10-27-2014, 07:30 AM
This has got me thinking a little... she has a silence and a skill that prevents her from taking damage for a short period of time. The silence is built into her main waveclear skill.

Isn't that basically just a very weak, harder to use version of Isis? Isis has a silence that lasts a lot longer and is a lot easier to hit that synergizes very well with her stun, which is also her poke. She can use her 3 to protect herself from casts if it's timed well and immediately stun them while clearing the wave. Her silence also slows and reduces their protections... like. Yeah.

Nox has to use her 2 early on on the wave, then can easily clear the wave with her 3... but the silence wouldn't hit her target if she does that, and even if she used her 3 to waveclear (it would soak up all her mana very quickly but I suppose it can be done) and used her 2 to poke it's still easily sidestepped because of the width.

Meanwhile Isis is given MP5 and HP5 for free instead of having to play dangerously just to use one free skill out of several enemy skills cast... I don't understand. Nox is clearly inferior to Isis on so many levels.

Isis can do more damage, her poke is better and actually applies hard cc, she can silence easier and has an ult that actually has some amazing kill potential.

And her autoattacks occasionally do splash damage, which isn't the case for Nox. Nox's kit itself is so flawed. Even her autoattacks are inferior.

I'd really like to see how u clear a full wave with 2-3 combo...it's not possible to clear a wave with those 2 skills, cuz her damage is so freakin low that u deal not enough damage, additionally u can't focus the whole wave, cuz the 3 radius is too small. U need at least 3 or 4 casts to clear a wave while other mages need only 1 skill to clear a wave.

LokiWildfire
10-27-2014, 10:41 AM
I'd really like to see how u clear a full wave with 2-3 combo...it's not possible to clear a wave with those 2 skills, cuz her damage is so freakin low that u deal not enough damage, additionally u can't focus the whole wave, cuz the 3 radius is too small. U need at least 3 or 4 casts to clear a wave while other mages need only 1 skill to clear a wave.

He probably mean silence, then stun, then follow that up with one attack (aka pressing 1) that also clears the wave on top of nuking your enemy. I highly doubt he meant Silence, Stun/clear wave, then stare at your enemy while contemplating about live, the universe and everything else.

SeductivePower
10-27-2014, 11:26 AM
He probably mean silence, then stun, then follow that up with one attack (aka pressing 1) that also clears the wave on top of nuking your enemy. I highly doubt he meant Silence, Stun/clear wave, then stare at your enemy while contemplating about live, the universe and everything else.

But Nox has no stun...i'm confused...do u talk about Isis or Nox?

LokiWildfire
10-27-2014, 11:42 AM
But Nox has no stun...i'm confused...do u talk about Isis or Nox?
I thought he was talking about Isis so that is what I was talking about. I could be wrong, not paying much attention right now

SeductivePower
10-27-2014, 12:04 PM
I thought he was talking about Isis so that is what I was talking about. I could be wrong, not paying much attention right now

xd Ok i meant Nox ^^

RippleApple
10-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Nox's only good feature is her attack speed seems to actually be not that bad, probably because the devs intend for everyone to build her with polynomicon.

Her autoattacks do help her clear the wave just a little. Not enough though.

SeductivePower
10-27-2014, 12:44 PM
Nox's only good feature is her attack speed seems to actually be not that bad, probably because the devs intend for everyone to build her with polynomicon.

xD yeah good old polynomicon..it's been a while since i saw that item on a mage (except Freya and Chronos)...I think no one actually uses this item anymore the nerf was too hard and there are better items for burst.

RippleApple
10-27-2014, 12:53 PM
xD yeah good old polynomicon..it's been a while since i saw that item on a mage (except Freya and Chronos)...I think no one actually uses this item anymore the nerf was too hard and there are better items for burst.

Yeah, but her stats are kind of crappy. Her 3 is on a short cooldown (actually shorter than Poly's cooldown, so cdr is pointless) and Poly honestly does more damage than it, especially if you just chain it. And you can also pop her 1 to proc poly.

zferolie
10-27-2014, 01:47 PM
I posted this on the smite reddit, and wanted to share it here on the offical forums. It's what I think nox needs improvments on, and irt's not her damage per say.

So before I start, I wanna say I feel like I got a good amount of Nox experience over the weekend, Despite many people instant locking her before I could sometimes, and for the PTS queues to just stop working last night(You would join the queue but it would keep counting up forever. I left and entered again, even closed and opened the PTS). Some may have gotten more then me, but I feel like I got enough to accurately judge based on my gameplay and watching other people play her.

First, the none gameplay parts: I absolutely love her model. The was she walks really makes her feel regal, like she is too good to even be one the Battle field. Her dress is absolutely gorgeous and I love her with hair. The Voice pack as well is fantastic as well. The voice oozes confidence, and you truly feel that she is a being of incredible power. I also love the nox/nyx joke. The spells look fantastic and really feel like darkness itself

Now onto the playstyle. The idea of an anti-mage mage is awesome, and she does do a pretty good job, but I think Hi-rez was afraid of making her too strong and instead made her too weak. Just a bit too weak. She can do very well but she also can be stopped too easy. I feel like they tried balancing her but went just slightly too much on the weak side. So while she is not release Cabrakan, she is not super viable other then a counter pick right now. And I don't think her low damage is a huge issue. If she is too bursty she will be WAY too OP. Her design is to control mages and take them out The low cooldown on her 3 along with double double damage is enough of a burst I think. The problem is you can only do that burst when you silence them. Having other abilites inflict darkness would help this as well.

So I'll go through each passive/ability of her and say what I would change if anything.

Passive - Flame of the Night: Perfect as it is. Gives her amazing sustain and can out push mid and solo lane quite well with it. I would maybe increase the range by 5-10 feet, but even that is not needed. One other slight addition I would add is if you hit a target with your basic attack 5 times, you inflict darkness. This is not needed, but can be added to increase her burst without increasing her damage numbers on her abilities. Another possibilty is when all 4 candles are lit every other basic attack inflicts darkness. It will keep her ability pretty relevent late game when mana isn't as needed, and give you more ways to get the true power of the 3 off.

1st Ability - Shadow Barrier: First off, it does Mitigate basic attacks, but I don't always noticed... Maybe because it's such a short time? It has saved my a bit from Hunters trying to gun me down. Second, the idea is solid and it works great... except it doesn't do enough. CHang'e for example mitigates ALL damage during it, and returns mana to herself and others. All Nox's does it mitigate 1 ability. It needs a few changes, and there are a few ways to change it. If hit by an ability you cast Darkness on the target, you restore health = to 50% of the damage mitigated, Clenses silence as well(so it still cannot stop stuns, taunt mez, fear, drunk, or madness), and/or it last longer the more you level it up and the mitigation lasts for the entire duration, not just the first ability, I think at least 2 should be added to the ability.

2nd Ability - Nightfall Raven: I will say having a silence does not hurt her kit combination at all. having a silence is a great way to stop people when your ult is not up, which will be a lot. Just make sure you don't cast it after you ult them. The main thing I would improve is increased damage and silence time. I am thinking 10 more per rank, for an additional 40 damage final(final damage would be 180) She shouldn't be too bursty as some people want her to be, because that would make her too strong, but right now she is slightly too weak. I think the silence time should go up .25 per rank to get a 2 second silence. This will let her better control when her ult is not up. It will also be a slight nerf, because you need to make extra sure not to cast it when you ult someone or you will lose damage.

I'll bring this up now, but Darkness I think needs a slight buff on what it does. Not only should more abilities inflict it (Her 1 and her ult I think) but it should do more then just power up her 3(though that is an amazing power up). I think it should half someones Line of sight, and darken the edges of the screen. It's called darkness and Nox is the Goddess of the night, but her kit doesn't make things that dark. Adding that would help improve darkness slightly.

3rd Ability - Siphon Darkness. I think how this ability right now is perfect. low damage offset by insane cooldown and can do double damage. Only thing i would maybe do is increase the scaling by 10% to make it 50% scaling do make it slightly better at late game wave clear.

Ultimate - Night Terror. Many people have talked about this move so I'll try to keep it brief. The main downside of this ability is that it is kinda easy to break. Jumps, actives, just being faster lets you escape easily. It's also kinda hard to hit and easy to dodge. I have missed it too many times due to juking. I think a few things should be buffed to it. First, make it inflict Darkness, so your 3 will be able to do max damage during it. Second, either increase your movement speed or steal a % of movement speed from the target. It would make fleeing a bit harder but still not impossible. 3rd, let the damage activate on Actives as well. This will help stop people with blink or sprint to escape freely from our ability. And Last, perhaps increase the duration of the ability .5 seconds for every level up, so it last 7.5 seconds at max. It would make it better late game and also punish people who try to wait it out. If that is too long then .25 per level for a 6 second max. Don't increase the damage at all, that is fine, it's just it's easy to break and thus you can't get a chance to do that damage.

So there is my thoughts on Nox. TLDR she is solid and I think the lowish damage is ok because too much and she gets broken. She just needs slight damage increases on her 2 and 3, and other tweaks to her 1, 2 and 4 not related to damage. The changes I suggested should help her be a very powerful ability killer, but still keep her weak when Assassins and Hunters charge at her. She is made to burst/shut down mages, but not do well at all against hunters and Assassins or anyone what uses autos. Increase her damage too much and she can handle them easily, thus making her way too powerful.

The comments have been good as well, so let me link the thread itself http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/2kgwoz/after_playing_with_nox_over_the_weekend_here_are/

Metatarsal
10-27-2014, 04:13 PM
Just have to say... Fenrir still out in the pasture... =/ Give him some puppy love please.

Nigadry
10-27-2014, 04:41 PM
I dont know if anyone have noticed but Nox's Ult does less damage than Hebo #1, even against mages she will either get killed off before they do because they do much more damage or they will die at the same time. She isnt even effective at mage killing. There is NO need for an anti ability mage when we have assassins in the game its a pointless spot on a team. So my suggestion for her terrible #4 is for it to do DoT and when a skill is used it will proc the CD portion of the Ult seems much better to me, this way she can even fight AA gods without too much worry. Obviously the damage on the ult would need to be adjusted but its a very necessary change.

BlueFast
10-27-2014, 04:57 PM
Love her voice. Is it the same actor that did Old Wa?

RippleApple
10-27-2014, 07:00 PM
I think HiRez needs to start thinking thoughts besides "Wouldn't this be cool?" when they make gods.

TigrisCallidus
10-27-2014, 07:38 PM
I think u got something wrong lol U will NEVER deal (+150%) dmg...it's always (+75%) dmg...i don't know why u think u deal 150% dmg when an enemy uses an ability. But ok..i tested it on Ra bot and and u ALWAYS deal the same amount of damage.

I dont know if anyone have noticed but Nox's Ult does less damage than Hebo #1, even against mages she will either get killed off before they do because they do much more damage or they will die at the same time. She isnt even effective at mage killing. There is NO need for an anti ability mage when we have assassins in the game its a pointless spot on a team. So my suggestion for her terrible #4 is for it to do DoT and when a skill is used it will proc the CD portion of the Ult seems much better to me, this way she can even fight AA gods without too much worry. Obviously the damage on the ult would need to be adjusted but its a very necessary change.

Have you guys even read the ultimate?

Nox links her shadow with an enemy player, dealing 150/160/170/180/190 damage +75% of your magical power. While linked with Nox, enemies take damage again every time they use an ability. Nox’s ability cooldowns are also reduced by 5s every time an enemy uses an ability while linked. The link is broken by moving out of range, or after 5s. Cooldown: 90s. Cost: 100.

So yes the enemy only takes 150+ 75% magical Power damage when you hit.
But each time they use an ability they take the damage again.
So if an opponent uses one ability this deals 300+150% ability power damage.
If they use 2 abilities they take 450+ 225% ability power as damage.

So if the enemy is not doing anything for 5 seconds it is not much damage, but the enemy was not doing anything for 5 seconds!

Nigadry
10-27-2014, 08:15 PM
Have you guys even read the ultimate?

So yes the enemy only takes 150+ 75% magical Power damage when you hit.
But each time they use an ability they take the damage again.
So if an opponent uses one ability this deals 300+150% ability power damage.
If they use 2 abilities they take 450+ 225% ability power as damage.

So if the enemy is not doing anything for 5 seconds it is not much damage, but the enemy was not doing anything for 5 seconds!

Yes i have read the ultimate, and against a physical god or chronos/freya her ult is useless and would only do the initial damage. Most of the game is dominated by AA based gods as i have already stated so shes already useless. Why pick her over someone else? because shes new isnt a valid reason with her current kit. Shes bad and other characters such ass chang'e/isis already do what she does but better or just have an assassin or hunter deal with a mage. Ill say it again for you any other burst mage can kill her before or at the same time as her ult dealing its damage. Anybody that is brain dead enough to sit there and throw skills at her while linked deserves that death.

RippleApple
10-27-2014, 08:25 PM
*pops sprint and nonchalantly walks away from her*

Uhh, nice ult, I guess?

Penta
10-27-2014, 08:36 PM
55 Range on the ult is ridiculous... Why use it? You're putting yourself in danger by using it because you have to stay within range or it breaks.

regmckie
10-27-2014, 09:03 PM
I think the concept behind Nox's abilities were good, but I don't think they were executed well.

First off, I would just want to say that I love the design for Nox! It's very elegant, like Chang'e.

In general, I just think her damage is too low. In her "pros" section, it says that she has "high area damage", which, if you build her right, is kind of true. I would like it if she had more Scylla or Anubis-like damage. I just feel like she doesn't scale as much as she should, being a mage. However, if you are making her a more utility-based mage, maybe like someone like Aphrodite or Nu Wa, then you should really change the "pros" section because it is pretty misleading.

zferolie
10-28-2014, 09:00 AM
I think the concept behind Nox's abilities were good, but I don't think they were executed well.

First off, I would just want to say that I love the design for Nox! It's very elegant, like Chang'e.

In general, I just think her damage is too low. In her "pros" section, it says that she has "high area damage", which, if you build her right, is kind of true. I would like it if she had more Scylla or Anubis-like damage. I just feel like she doesn't scale as much as she should, being a mage. However, if you are making her a more utility-based mage, maybe like someone like Aphrodite or Nu Wa, then you should really change the "pros" section because it is pretty misleading.

Indeed I love her design. That is perfect. I just wish they did something. The slight scaling the did is nice, but they need to tweek the non-damaging parts of her kit. Increase the silence time as it's ranked, let more skills inflict darkness, With her passive, have the next ability be free AND do 25% of the damage as mana damage, and have her ult steal movement speed.

With those changes, she becomes a much more powerful control god without her damage being too over powered.

regmckie
10-28-2014, 07:25 PM
Indeed I love her design. That is perfect. I just wish they did something. The slight scaling the did is nice, but they need to tweek the non-damaging parts of her kit. Increase the silence time as it's ranked, let more skills inflict darkness, With her passive, have the next ability be free AND do 25% of the damage as mana damage, and have her ult steal movement speed.

With those changes, she becomes a much more powerful control god without her damage being too over powered.

Yeah, I definitely see what you're saying and I retract what I said before. I do like the extra scaling they gave her, and I do think they need to improve her non-damaging parts of her kit, especially her ultimate. I mean, I don't see how a Nox could link up to a Scylla--for example-- and Scylla just not escaping. I mean, couldn't enemies just escape her ultimate and not use any abilities, especially if they're extremely mobile, like Nemesis.

Oh, and I don't know if you would know this information, but do you know when her god reveal will be released? I thought they were releasing her tomorrow, but usually they release the god reveal a day before... *confused face*

zferolie
10-28-2014, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I definitely see what you're saying and I retract what I said before. I do like the extra scaling they gave her, and I do think they need to improve her non-damaging parts of her kit, especially her ultimate. I mean, I don't see how a Nox could link up to a Scylla--for example-- and Scylla just not escaping. I mean, couldn't enemies just escape her ultimate and not use any abilities, especially if they're extremely mobile, like Nemesis.

Oh, and I don't know if you would know this information, but do you know when her god reveal will be released? I thought they were releasing her tomorrow, but usually they release the god reveal a day before... *confused face*

Exactly. she needs more then just damage buffs if they want her to be a mage killer. if they don't, then just keep giving her damage buffs and make her just another mage nuke. boring. And a way to keep them linked is keep. Stealing movement speed and limiting their sight with the darkness is a good start. Perhaps if they flee they get a slight bit of damage?

I unfortently do not know, but I am looking forward to seeing it.

SeductivePower
10-29-2014, 07:10 AM
Exactly. she needs more then just damage buffs if they want her to be a mage killer. if they don't, then just keep giving her damage buffs and make her just another mage nuke. boring. And a way to keep them linked is keep. Stealing movement speed and limiting their sight with the darkness is a good start. Perhaps if they flee they get a slight bit of damage?

I unfortently do not know, but I am looking forward to seeing it.

Well..i have an idea. Once she's linked with an enemy the link can't be broken. Active items deal damge when linked enemies use it as well as skills. Nox is immune to damage for the duration. It applies darkness and at the last second the link deals another damage tick instantly like at the beginning when u cast it on an enemy.

zferolie
10-29-2014, 08:56 AM
Well..i have an idea. Once she's linked with an enemy the link can't be broken. Active items deal damge when linked enemies use it as well as skills. Nox is immune to damage for the duration. It applies darkness and at the last second the link deals another damage tick instantly like at the beginning when u cast it on an enemy.

The Immune for the duration is a bit much, but everything else sounds perfect I think. Make it that you gain a bounis 25% damage mitigation while the ult is in effect. If you are immune that's an even less reason for your target to spam abilities to get the bonus damage. Making the link unbreakable they may consider OP, a nice trade would be stealing movement speed so it's just harder to break. I agree that using actives should trigger the damage as well, and reinstating darkness for every time they use an ability helps you 3 them more often.

Darkopale
10-29-2014, 09:42 AM
Nox has a very good design, i love her, it s the reason why i wanted to play with her as soon as possible. Well, after 3 games with her, i think i ll NEVER play again with her ! Why ?

- NO DAMAGES, SHE IS VERY VERY VERY WEAK ( the only damages potential she has is when you hit your 2nd and 3rd skill in a row with a 2nd skill with a HIGH cooldown....)
- NO ESCAPE
- NO CONTROL (for the goddess of the night, it s a shame that she doesn t have a sleep or something !!!!! REALLY !!!)
- Her passive is really useless

So ... a mage without any escape or control and without BURST Damages = EPIC FAIL

thanks

zferolie
10-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Nox has a very good design, i love her, it s the reason why i wanted to play with her as soon as possible. Well, after 3 games with her, i think i ll NEVER play again with her ! Why ?

- NO DAMAGES, SHE IS VERY VERY VERY WEAK ( the only damages potential she has is when you hit your 2nd and 3rd skill in a row with a 2nd skill with a HIGH cooldown....)
- NO ESCAPE
- NO CONTROL (for the goddess of the night, it s a shame that she doesn t have a sleep or something !!!!! REALLY !!!)
- Her passive is really useless

So ... a mage without any escape or control and without BURST Damages = EPIC FAIL

thanks

She has pretty decent damage. Constant poke every 3 seconds or less is not bad. Besides, I don't think she is meant to be a burst mage... however they need to up her mage control though.

No escape is something many mages share. it's a weakness she needs if they buff her mage control part.

The control part for he is different then others. She controls abilities. However right now, while decent, she needs some improvements. Gonna keep copy pasting this till Hirez sees lol

Passive - Perfect as it is.

1 - It just feels a little lacking. the 90% damage mit is amazing, but you have Chang'e that does 100%, regains mana, AND much shorter cooldown. Just a little extra something. Perhaps any attack (Basic and ability) that hits you inflicts darkness, and when you mitigate the ability damage, 25% of that damage you mitigated is reflected back as Mana damage. This will really hurt and punish ability users greatly.

2 - I think it's good as it is. Perhaps increase the silence per level, up to 2 seconds, but it works how it is. I do think Darkness needs a slight buff, Not damaging, but something more fitting for the Goddess of night. I think having it black out the edges of your screen like AMC's Ult does with Bees, and lower their line of sight distance a bit. It fits her thematically and also will help her a bit more against hunters if she managers to hit them with her 2, making it harder for them to hit her at their max range.

3 - Perfect how it is. No change needed.

Ult - Damage wise it's perfect. I think just some non damaging tweeks are needed. First, let you do damage if they activate actives. That way they just can't blink or sprint or ageis during it for free(For Ageis the initial activation will cause damage but anything after that won't). Steal movement speed from your target(Makes it harder to flee and a bit easier to hit with abilities during it), and cast darkness during the duration of the ult(So you aren't forced to silence them, reducing possible damage from the ult).

With these changes, Nox becomes an even better ability control mage. Damaging mana. limiting sight, silencing for a bit longer, and making her ult harder to flee from.

regmckie
10-30-2014, 06:28 PM
The Immune for the duration is a bit much, but everything else sounds perfect I think. Make it that you gain a bounis 25% damage mitigation while the ult is in effect. If you are immune that's an even less reason for your target to spam abilities to get the bonus damage. Making the link unbreakable they may consider OP, a nice trade would be stealing movement speed so it's just harder to break. I agree that using actives should trigger the damage as well, and reinstating darkness for every time they use an ability helps you 3 them more often.

I like this idea; I've played Nox a few times on live and her ultimate, for lack of a better term, seems useless unless you're in a big team fight. If you're solo or mid with Nox, it's almost useless because the enemy knows what you're trying to do. In a big team fight, people are spamming their abilities and everything is chaos. Her ultimate seems very situational to me, with these changes it would make her more viable.

Butt
10-30-2014, 06:47 PM
I absolutely love the design for Nox. I'm just sad that her base damage is so low. I basically level my 1 before anything else because the 80 base damage on the 3 is easily replaced with Magic Power..

iGodOfFight
10-31-2014, 08:22 AM
This rama skin is fucking ugly!

I waited so long for rama skin, i have diamond rama.

I got the gems to buy this skin but i won't.

This skin is so fucking ugly!

All his animation look the same, his voice pack is suck, you can barley understand anything he say.
And this skin is ugly! not looks like in the card at all!
The only thing that looks good in this skin is the bow.

I loved the idea of skin of deadspace / crysis / halo / destiny and such.

But this skin is just ugly!
U need to improve it,
But for now i am not going to buy it.

It's fucking ugly!