PDA

View Full Version : Slow Strafing

Frodamn
03-22-2014, 08:13 AM
Do you think if Hi-Rez removed movement speed penalty while strafing that it would open up the door for better plays and/or skills with unique targeting?

When I started playing the strafing penalty seemed silly, but I've grown to appreciate it, however the game is becoming faster paced so it almost seems like its holding it back.

Discuss.

Zahaele
03-22-2014, 08:18 AM
Are we talking left and right strafing purely or is backpedaling included?

Bluechacho
03-22-2014, 09:17 AM
Are we talking left and right strafing purely or is backpedaling included?

I think he means purely left and right. And I agree: the highly-touted "skillshots" would be way more impressive if strafing was more effective.

SocratesBound
06-18-2014, 06:44 AM
I think he means purely left and right. And I agree: the highly-touted "skillshots" would be way more impressive if strafing was more effective.

I don't believe a slight increase would be a bad thing honestly. I often feel I'm in slow-motion when trying to avoid shots. The skill-shots often feel like face-shots, since everyone tends to get close enough to where you have nearly no hope of dodging it with slowmo strafe.

Geff
06-18-2014, 08:33 AM
The good players already have high mouse sensitivity and juke by moving their camera and running forward instead of side strafing. This is a competetive game, learn to adapt or be left in the dust.

SocratesBound
06-18-2014, 09:11 AM
The good players already have high mouse sensitivity and juke by moving their camera and running forward instead of side strafing. This is a competetive game, learn to adapt or be left in the dust.

It seemed more like he was suggesting that you may as well make strafing faster. Whether he knew using a faster mouse sensitivity and darting forward was the better way or not; I don't know. Your last line just comes off as rather obnoxious and not needed. Would have been a lot easier to suggest he do that if giving advice instead.

But increasing the strafe speed is fine with me. Has little to do with adapting since it's just a suggestion of change. I believe that is the discussion overall.

DancesWithKali
06-18-2014, 10:49 AM
Hastened fatalis.

Close thread.