PDA

View Full Version : Item building question/advice

SeaAndSand
10-22-2014, 01:53 PM
So MOBAs confuse the hell out of me, but getting a clutch hit with Ra's super-laser is a blast so I'm trying to make an effort to learn how things work proper. I've finally tried item selection on my own, and was hoping I could get advice on what's right/wrong about my process to help with figuring out builds.

He's a bit squishy so I figured I'd just try to max out damage, as I've mainly done Joust and usually hang out up front and try to push where I can. I was grabbing Boots of the Magi, Doom Orb, Bancroft's Talon, Rod of Tahuti (sometimes putting it before Bancroft's, not sure which order is better), and then Obsidian Shard and Polynomicon with my actives being Sprint and usually Combat Blink depending on the opposing gods (Odin, mainly).

I'd like to avoid straight copying a guide, but I'm sure there's a right and wrong way to do things. Just how bad/far off is my itemization?

I'd really appreciate any help one could give!

VarenWolf
10-22-2014, 04:02 PM
One tip is instead of getting boots of the magi get shoes of focus for the 15% CDR and then next get chronos pendent for max CDR (ult every 32 secs I believe. Then I go into either doom orb or warlocks sash get sash if you think your going die often then if think going live get doom orb. then get bancroft/ then go to Rod of tahuti then go to obsidion shard then last usually get soul reaver. Actives get beads and Ageis depending just get beads go against any kind of cc and get ageis if they have insta kills or burst damage gods/ stratigy with this is pop heal then pop aegis because being healed and enemy taking damage. very effective against loki and any low armor.

SeaAndSand
10-22-2014, 06:10 PM
I ignored CDR in favour of more damage, but 40% is pretty significant. As for the the actives, I haven't gotten used to try to use an Aegis, but I get bursted down enough that I should learn.

Cool, thanks for the advice, I'll give that stuff a shot!

BeNjAh
10-31-2014, 10:20 PM
well... imo, the fact that he is so squishy, means he needs to be less squishy... i allways build up warlock's ring and cdr, that way he is usefull, does a lot of damage, and he has heal+lots of hp... and a good escape (slow + buff of move speed)