PDA

View Full Version : Hua Mulan, The Battlefield Flower

Macaulyn
04-10-2014, 12:00 PM
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/images/stories/large/2011/08/31/Hua_Mulan_medium.jpg
Lore: In ancient times, a war was to break between China and the Hun forces. All warriors were ordered to leave their homes and family to got to war against these barbarians. A young girl named Hua Mulan sees her father, old and ill, preparing to go to war in the next day. Desperation takes control of Mulan when she think that her beloved father dying a horrible death in the hands of the barbarians, so Mulan takes a decision that no woman in that land of men should.
Before the sun rose, Mulan took her father's sword and armor, to go in her father's place, a woman hidden among men, a giant gesture for an old life, anyone who knew would call Mulan a crazy fool, but she knew she was doing the right thing, to protect the ones whom she loved.
Everything changes as Mulan defeats the Hun leader, who would expect that an outplaced woman like her could defeat such a powerful warrior? As a heroine, Mulan has proved how deadly can a flower be on battle. Now immortalized, this Battlefield Flower takes her father's sword and armor again, to fight other ones whose strenght was said to be unmatched, gods would now gather to challenge her, and all those who didn't flee, would fall before her might.

Type: Chinese, Physical Melee Warrior
Weapon: Hua Family Sword (Chinese Sword)

Passive: FAITHFUL ALLIANCE
Everytime Mulan avenges an ally, she will reduce her ally's respawn time, which only works for the last ally killed. The same will happen to her if she is avenged.

1st Ability: SHOCKWAVE STAB
Mulan runs into an enemy and stabs him, dealing damage and stunning him for 2 seconds, when she does so, a shockwave is unleashed in a circle around the enemy, dealing damage and slowing all enemies around it. If the stabbed enemy is a god, the shockwave will take greater range.
Cooldown: 13s
Ability Type: Line

2nd Ability: FAMILY BLESS
Mulan heals allies around her as if they were of her own family. If there are two or more gods around her she clears crowd-control debuffs as well. Enemies in the ability's range take low damage.
Cooldown: 16s
Ability Type: Area

3rd Ability: WIND CUTTER
Mulan will cast a slashing wind projectile in front of her, passing through all enemies and stopping only in a god. Slowed or stunned enemies take more damage.
Cooldown:10s
Ability Type: Line

Ultimate: STRIKE OF THE HUA FAMILY
Mulan will cast an explosion in a circle area, dealing heavy damage and burning enemies.
Cooldown: 65s
Ability Type: Area

Comments: This chinese myth is based on the first Disney Princess I actually liked, because she wasn't that boring "save me"-type of princess, she beats the hell out of her villain. And she is not even royalty. Well, since her lore is based on her taking her father's place to protect him and the rest of her family, I based her passive and one of her abilities in heal, but I really couldn't create more original abilites for her, but the explosion in her Ultimate is based on how Mulan killed Shan Yu in her Disney movie, yes, because she kills him, thats how I like a princess, Disney.

FallenFromGrace
04-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Get some Numbers up and we will see if it's balanced. I like the idea but I need more info.

Macaulyn
04-11-2014, 10:35 AM
You know, I don't add damage numbers, precisely because it could end up unbalanced, if the SMITE creation team likes the idea, let they do this.

yoavsnake
04-11-2014, 10:41 AM
You know, I don't add damage numbers, precisely because it could end up unbalanced, if the SMITE creation team likes the idea, let they do this.

I bet you could make this more balanced than HiRez does...

Macaulyn
04-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Well, can you give me the values of a character's attacks so I can have a base?

FallenFromGrace
04-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Well, can you give me the values of a character's attacks so I can have a base?
You are the visionary for this character breath life into your creation.:o

Macaulyn
04-12-2014, 07:29 PM
You are the visionary for this character breath life into your creation.:o
Yeah, but I don't know much about the damage values (I pay attention to lifebars), I must have a base, otherwise it could end up too strong or too weak.

yoavsnake
04-13-2014, 01:54 AM
Yeah, but I don't know much about the damage values (I pay attention to lifebars), I must have a base, otherwise it could end up too strong or too weak.
I'm too lazy to write values down here, but there's the stats over at the smite wiki, that's where I get the values for god cocepts I do.

Vogita
07-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Mega bump of approval!

Vogita
07-13-2014, 01:38 PM
bump of approval

vToniic
07-28-2014, 01:36 PM
This is facking sweet. Mulan would be great in a duo lane as support I think. I'm a huge fan of this kit. How on Earth can I get HiRez to look at this?

Also, her taunt HAS to be, "Let's get down to business!" and "Be A Man!"

Macaulyn
07-28-2014, 02:24 PM
Lol. From what I know, or, at least, from what HiRez answered me, they always look all the threads in the Forum, so, lets just keep our hopes up.

AjaxNecrotic
07-29-2014, 09:09 AM
I dont like the idea of a passive relying solely on allies being dead. if it had some sort of other effect that would work but otherwise it will run into the same problems that bastet had with her original 9-lives passive (for those that dont know bastet used to have a passive that reduced her respawn time for her first 9 respawns)

Macaulyn
07-29-2014, 10:24 AM
But this time, its a sure thing. There is always some ally who will die, no game goes without an allied death. Also she doesn't benefit from allied deaths, she benefits the one who died instead and also benefits herself only if she dies, also, this one is much more limited, since if someone else gets a kill, it won't be considered a revenge.

Palindroam
07-29-2014, 11:21 AM
I have two complaints:
1: The 2-second stun flat on a basic ability is nuts. I'd be okay if the stun increased per level and ended up at 2. Ullr has a 1.5 second stun and that's strong. 2 seconds is nuts. I'm calling OP.
2: The cooldown on the 3 needs to be increased. Give me a range and I might reconsider if it's short enough, but as it stands it needs to be increased. About 12-13 seconds?
Other than that, she has interesting mechanics and I'd be interested to see how she does on the field. Good job!

Macaulyn
07-29-2014, 12:16 PM
I'll reduce the stun of 1 and redo the cooldown of all abilities, but 12-13 seconds is too much for 3, it is only a damage ability, it has no debuff.

Vogita
08-20-2014, 03:23 PM
Bump of sustain

Palindroam
08-20-2014, 05:28 PM
But this time, its a sure thing. There is always some ally who will die, no game goes without an allied death.

Actually, this isn't true. I had a game (forget who I was playing) where we won. Final score: 9/0. And those are team kills, not personal kills.

Macaulyn
08-20-2014, 05:31 PM
Yeah, but how much does this happen? Even in leagues, there are plenty deaths happening. I'll think about something to change the passive, then, but not right now.

Vogita
08-20-2014, 05:40 PM
You dont need to change it just add to it.

Zigdris
09-14-2014, 07:45 PM
She is a nice idea, but sadly she isnt a god, or demi god, so i doubt that hi rez take her in consideration ):

Vogita
09-14-2014, 07:49 PM
They will they focus on mythology, not just gods and demigods other wise scylla, chronos, ymir, bakasura etc wouldnt be in the game

Macaulyn
09-14-2014, 09:25 PM
She is a nice idea, but sadly she isnt a god, or demi god, so i doubt that hi rez take her in consideration ):
Any arguments about being a god or demigod are completely nullified due to the presence of Arachne, Ymir, Bakasura and other mortal beings that appear in SMITE.