PDA

View Full Version : Xbalanque worth the work?

iCaptainJax
10-08-2014, 11:57 PM
When Xbalanque came into rotation like 2-3 weeks ago and I played him; I enjoyed his abilities and to me seems like a really mobile hero. (IMO - Only level 22, don't know much.) and I just liked his play style in general, I then picked him up. However now at level 20+ casual games, Xbalanque seems to be getting destroyed by other ADC's like Artemis and Neith. I'm sure if I got really good at Xbalanque I could possibly be able to compete against some of the best Artemis's and Neith's but is he really worth the work or should I just work on Artemis (another favorable ADC) who seems to be more viable in play?

GrandOpener
10-09-2014, 11:05 AM
Xbalanque is very powerful if he gets to endgame, but his clear is quite poor, so (in Conquest) he almost always gets shut down early by the enemy adc. Current consensus in competitive play is that his early game clear is too much of a liability and he is not a good pick. (He is actually a pretty decent pick in Arena, where his poor early clear doesn't matter.)

Having said that, a highly skilled player with Xbalanque will consistently beat a mediocre player with a more favorable ADC, so if you really enjoy his play style, you can stick with him.

If you want to copy the pros, I believe the most common ADC picks right now are Rama, Apollo, and Freya, but this changes from time to time, so you don't necessarily want to always be chasing flavor-of-the-month picks. Playing any hunter will give you some amount of experience useful to all of them, so especially prior to level 30 you have a lot of freedom to just pick one you think is fun to play.

GroundStorm
10-11-2014, 04:42 PM
he is one of the bots I have in my rotation but I am new and only entering coop right now, am I playing him right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ16q_ec4ZQ&list=UUYztNLjVwsqt9-DAEGpOe2g